PDA

View Full Version : Road to Omaha: Rivals 64

Ardmore_Sooner
4/17/2007, 02:02 AM
Rivals.com has us as a 2 seed playing in the Lafayette Regional.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=664369

Collier11
4/17/2007, 10:18 AM
actually a 2 seed playing in the fayetteville region. Im surprised that we are a 2 and poke state is a 3, must be from our strong non-conf schedule

OSUAggie
4/17/2007, 10:20 AM
actually a 2 seed playing in the fayetteville region. Im surprised that we are a 2 and poke state is a 3, must be from our strong non-conf schedule

Yah, the RPI difference is ridiculous. OSU is in the 60's, OU in the teens or 20's. OSU plays the most difficult schedule in the country from here out, though, so we'll see what happens with that. Golloway has done a helluva job this year, as usual.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/17/2007, 10:57 AM
I meant Fayetteville. It was late.

OSUFAN11
4/17/2007, 05:51 PM
Anybody here ready for ******? I sure am. With OSU's hitting and OU's pitching coming on, it should be fun!

Boomer.....
4/18/2007, 08:29 AM
OU just needs to get it's hitting working.

snp
4/18/2007, 09:32 AM
Is Fayettville worth the trip? I've always prided myself on never crossing into Arkansas and not sure if I want to break this streak.

OSUAggie
4/18/2007, 10:26 AM
Is Fayettville worth the trip? I've always prided myself on never crossing into Arkansas and not sure if I want to break this streak.

That's the best campus stadium to watch a college baseball game... Baum is really nice.. I think they've opened up the area beyond the outfield wall for alcohol/meat consumption now, as well. Definitely worth the trip, even if OU isn't playing.

setem
4/18/2007, 11:11 AM
That's the best campus stadium to watch a college baseball game... Baum is really nice.. I think they've opened up the area beyond the outfield wall for alcohol/meat consumption now, as well. Definitely worth the trip, even if OU isn't playing.

I used to go to a fair amount of Hog games when I lived in Arkansas. That stadiium is amazing. I have never felt the comfort at a sporting event like the kind you get at Baum. :D

SOONER STEAKER
4/21/2007, 09:10 PM
I am the bggest OU football fan but when it comes to baseball I just don't tink Gallo is the man that can get us to Omaha. I hope I'm wrong, but our remaining schedule in the Big 12 does not look favorable. We will be lucky to get a #4 seed. If there was an NIT tourney in baseball that would be our destination.

Collier11
4/21/2007, 09:14 PM
I hope you are joking, if not you are an idiot!!! Gallo is not our teams coach, its golloway, our remaining schedule is not bad at all, we have a top 20 rpi, several wins against top 25 teams, and an offense that is just now starting to put some runs up a little more consistently. Our pitching is struggling and this team has overachieved this year, but we will make the tourney!

SOONER STEAKER
4/21/2007, 10:22 PM
I don't think I am wrong here. OU will have to win the remaining sereis to get a favorable seed and we just don't have the stallions on the hill to beat those losers from the North or Mizzou. I will go a step further and say that OU will have to make the finals of the Big 12 tourney to get a 2-3 seed, otherwise, it's a #4 seed or uni's will be turned in after the Big 12 tourney.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/22/2007, 12:25 AM
1TC, is that you?

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 04:10 AM

After it is all said in done, OSU should have a higher seed than OU. Taking the series from A&M at their place should help out just a little.

Collier11
4/23/2007, 10:11 AM
getting #2 in the big 12 is what is going to help you, we probably(?) still have a higher rpi and we took a series from a&m also

OSUAggie
4/23/2007, 10:20 AM
getting #2 in the big 12 is what is going to help you, we probably(?) still have a higher rpi and we took a series from a&m also

Yeah, your RPI is #19 while our series win against the #5 RPI team (on the road) moved us up to 59 :rolleyes:

Texas coming to Stillwater this weekend. Should be fun.

The KU series is one you guys need to sweep to get back on track. Go sit on the hill and get ****ed up and sweep the 'Hawks to set up a great series next weekend.

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 10:23 AM

RPI does help quite a bit but when it comes to Big 12 play, each team plays the same opponents. Being 8th in the current Big 12 standings doesnt help OU much and I am finding hard to believe that OU will win the Bed lam series. I could be wrong but I just dont see it happening as of right now. I just hope we can take the series from Texas. Having it at home sure helps.

Collier11
4/23/2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, your RPI is #19 while our series win against the #5 RPI team (on the road) moved us up to 59 :rolleyes:

Texas coming to Stillwater this weekend. Should be fun.

The KU series is one you guys need to sweep to get back on track. Go sit on the hill and get ****ed up and sweep the 'Hawks to set up a great series next weekend.

I dont need no stinking hill to get f'd up ...:D I would love to go watch some OU baseball but ill be watching Pujols put a foot in lou pinella's arse this weekend

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 12:29 PM
I dont need no stinking hill to get f'd up ...:D I would love to go watch some OU baseball but ill be watching Pujols put a foot in lou pinella's arse this weekend

That's cool, as long as you make sure you come to see pistol pete break out the broom again!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/23/2007, 01:54 PM
That's cool, as long as you make sure you come to see pistol pete break out the broom again!

Where was ol' petey at the tourny??? :D:D:D

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 04:08 PM

Not sure! Where were the Sooners in the Big 12 regulare season standings last year? Oh wait....I remember....they were below the the Cowboys which finished second last year! BTW, could you tell me what OU is ranked in baseball this year?

Collier11
4/23/2007, 04:12 PM
How far did osu go in the tournament last year cus im pretty sure that OU came within one game of the college ws and this year we lost half of our team, have 3 new starters, and our still higher in the RPI

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 04:24 PM
How far did osu go in the tournament last year cus im pretty sure that OU came within one game of the college ws and this year we lost half of our team, have 3 new starters, and our still higher in the RPI

Lets see, you guys went further than we did in the tournament. WOW! What did that get you? NOTHING! Too bad that RPI cant help you get ranked!

Take a look at what the RPI has done for you and then take a look at what OSU is ranked!
http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/polls

Collier11
4/23/2007, 04:29 PM
you cant have it both ways, either we go off of actual results or the actual results dont matter? We made it farther than you last year, we won the big 12 in football, we made it to the sweet 16 in womens bball, neither of our mens teams did anything, this years baseball is too early to make a determination thus far even though you guys have a better record so far. Im starting to wonder if you even have an argument or if you are just trying to annoy people. So, if you are arguing that because of golf and wrestling that you guys are better then so be it, you can have that argument. If you base it off of the major sports that bring in the money, football is us, womens bball is us, softball is us, mens bball is a wash, baseball is debatable but if you base it off of postseason success it is us, and you guys have wrestling. So if your wrestling program is so powerful then I guess you guys have it because that is the only sport that matters that you guys are better than us in consistently

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 04:32 PM
you cant have it both ways, either we go off of actual results or the actual results dont matter? We made it farther than you last year, we won the big 12 in football, we made it to the sweet 16 in womens bball, neither of our mens teams did anything, this years baseball is too early to make a determination thus far even though you guys have a better record so far. Im starting to wonder if you even have an argument or if you are just trying to annoy people. So, if you are arguing that because of golf and wrestling that you guys are better then so be it, you can have that argument. If you base it off of the major sports that bring in the money, football is us, womens bball is us, softball is us, mens bball is a wash, baseball is debatable but if you base it off of postseason success it is us, and you guys have wrestling. So if your wrestling program is so powerful then I guess you guys have it because that is the only sport that matters that you guys are better than us in consistently

Wrong thread. This is a baseball thread!

Collier11
4/23/2007, 04:34 PM
wrong board, this is a OU board...you know, where fans of a real program hang out!!! I am going away now because I am making myself look dumber for arguing with you when everyone knows that you are right. Why do you think that your aggie buddy on here isnt defending you. See ya loser, enjoy your farm animals and your sorry football team and your coaches cool hairdo!

OSUFAN11
4/23/2007, 04:40 PM
wrong board, this is a OU board...you know, where fans of a real program hang out!!! I am going away now because I am making myself look dumber for arguing with you when everyone knows that you are right. Why do you think that your aggie buddy on here isnt defending you. See ya loser, enjoy your farm animals and your sorry football team and your coaches cool hairdo!

Good comeback! Figures you would run off when you cant think of anything else to say!

setem
4/23/2007, 11:12 PM
Good comeback! Figures you would run off when you cant think of anything else to say!

I'll be your huckleberry...let us argue about OSU sports!!!

I think that was a fantastic comeback! You know what I do? I stay up late at night just wishing we could win a national championship in "Men rolling around on the floor with eachother"!!! By golly if we did that, my day would be made!

I just love how classy the OSU baseball team is! You won three games in a row against OU in baseball and hot damn it was like you won the CWS! Wait now...if OSU had won the world series they would not have pulled the crap they did last year! Can't just take the wins and be happy about it, right? Damn you gotta rub it our boys face and start fights in stands. We may not have won on the field that day but by how your guy looked after one our fans got hold him...we sure did win in the stands! Karma is a bitch you big queer, this year is going to be a dif story!:pop:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/23/2007, 11:42 PM
For such a legendary baseball school, you guys sure lack the national titles. When was the last time you guys won anything significant in baseball? I hope you choke on that Georgia Tech series. Not many teams can blow a 5-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th needing one more out!
You and your sorry fan base will always amount to nothing! Have fun with another sub 500 football season, NIT appearing basketball season, 1 and done womens basketball team, and a do nothing complain all the time baseball team.

P.S. Noone really cares about golfing and wrasslin'

Ardmore_Sooner
4/23/2007, 11:45 PM
Oh baseball smack,

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics22/0/FG/FGVNBXZNDNXXJUF.20050207155127.jpg

"25 guys pulling on the same rope!"
1994 National Champions!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/23/2007, 11:49 PM
Hey OSUFAG11, you remember that 1959 national championship?

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:23 AM
I'll be your huckleberry...let us argue about OSU sports!!!

I think that was a fantastic comeback! You know what I do? I stay up late at night just wishing we could win a national championship in "Men rolling around on the floor with eachother"!!! By golly if we did that, my day would be made!

I just love how classy the OSU baseball team is! You won three games in a row against OU in baseball and hot damn it was like you won the CWS! Wait now...if OSU had won the world series they would not have pulled the crap they did last year! Can't just take the wins and be happy about it, right? Damn you gotta rub it our boys face and start fights in stands. We may not have won on the field that day but by how your guy looked after one our fans got hold him...we sure did win in the stands! Karma is a bitch you big queer, this year is going to be a dif story!:pop:

I believe it was an OU player that started it all when he talked trash about OSU to the the media and said how bad they would beat OSU in the next game. Looks like he spoke too soon!!!!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:25 AM
Hey OSUFAG11, you remember that 1959 national championship?

Nope, I am not that old!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:27 AM
I believe it was an OU player that started it all when he talked trash about OSU to the the media and said how bad they would beat OSU in the next game. Looks like he spoke too soon!!!!

I guess so, I mean h*ll, we lost three in a row to you in the regular season that you are so fond of treating like it makes or breaks your ath dept, then we went on to knock you out of the conf tourney and go to the super regional! Those darn reg season games always seem to get in the way of any real post season success for you guys

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:32 AM
You and your sorry fan base will always amount to nothing! Have fun with another sub 500 football season, NIT appearing basketball season, 1 and done womens basketball team, and a do nothing complain all the time baseball team.

P.S. Noone really cares about golfing and wrasslin'

FYI, 7-6 is not sub 500 and I am pretty sure your baskeball team was sitting at home watching the NCAA tournament and the NIT tournament. At least we made a tournament! As for the womens basketball team, I was proud of their improvement. They were not that good but they had improved. As for baseball, I am pretty sure we wont be complaining when we take it to your sooners.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:35 AM
I guess so, I mean h*ll, we lost three in a row to you in the regular season that you are so fond of treating like it makes or breaks your ath dept, then we went on to knock you out of the conf tourney and go to the super regional! Those darn reg season games always seem to get in the way of any real post season success for you guys

WOW, I thought you were going away! I guess you decided to come back now that some of your buds decided to come and make you sound like you know what you are talking about!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:38 AM
Actually unlike you, I have a real job and had to do work today. I dont have the ability to run inside after pumping the gas!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:42 AM
Actually unlike you, I have a real job and had to do work today. I dont have the ability to run inside after pumping the gas!

Funny how you try to assume what I do for a living! Lets not try to start a job discusion.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:43 AM
yea, it could be tough for you considering that the unemployment line probably doesnt open til 8 or 9, you better get some rest though bud so you can get there bright and early!!!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:44 AM
By the way, your neg doesnt affect me or my pretty green bar so save your energy!!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 02:46 AM
yea, it could be tough for you considering that the unemployment line probably doesnt open til 8 or 9, you better get some rest though bud so you can get there bright and early!!!

You say you have a real job but I seem to remember you being on here all day long and then you decided to "go to work" at 4:30. Maybe you work at Big Red Sports and Imports! I have a job so you dont have to worry about that. I am sorry that I have an office with a computer that is hooked up to the internet!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 09:23 AM
FYI, 7-6 is not sub 500 and I am pretty sure your baskeball team was sitting at home watching the NCAA tournament and the NIT tournament. At least we made a tournament! As for the womens basketball team, I was proud of their improvement. They were not that good but they had improved. As for baseball, I am pretty sure we wont be complaining when we take it to your sooners.

I was happy with a 16-15 season rather than being ranked in the top ten, losing to the likes of Nebraska and Baylor, and then not even making the NCAA tourny and losing to the mighty Red Foxes. You can pump it all you want, thats embarrassing man.
And like I said you may beat us in baseball, but the facts show that you guys SUCK in postseason play and have for the past 40+ years!
Thanks for playing!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 09:23 AM
Chill.
Talk baseball.
Sorry, back to baseball.......

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 09:25 AM
Oh and don't worry, I'll be in class throughtout the day. Don't worry though, I'll be back! :D:D:D
All in good fun of course!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 09:28 AM
in baseball news....OSU is now predicted as a #2 seed. Taking a series from Texas would be huge in our quest to host a regional!

Rivals.com College Baseball Projections

AUSTIN REGIONAL
Host: Texas
1. Texas (1)*
4. Prairie View A&M*

2. Louisiana-Lafayette*
3. Southern California

LONG BEACH REGIONAL
Host: Long Beach State
1. Long Beach State
4. Fresno State*

2. Arizona
3. Miami, Fla.

NASHVILLE REGIONAL
Host: Vanderbilt
1. Vanderbilt (2)
4. Eastern Michigan*

2. Minnesota
3. Southern Mississippi

CHAPEL HILL REGIONAL
Host: North Carolina
1. North Carolina
4. Charlotte*

2. College of Charleston*
3. Evansville

HOUSTON REGIONAL
Host: Rice
1. Rice (3)*
4. Lafayette*

2. Clemson
3. LSU

CORVALLIS REGIONAL
Host: Oregon State
1. Pepperdine*
4. Illinois-Chicago*

2. Oregon State
3. Michigan*

FAYETTEVILLE REGIONAL
Host: Arkansas
1. Arkansas (4)*
4. Mount St. Mary's*

2. Oklahoma
3. Creighton

COLLEGE STATION REGIONAL
Host: Texas A&M
1. Texas A&M
4. Texas State*

2. UC Irvine
3. Florida

TALLAHASSEE REGIONAL
Host: Florida State
1. Florida State (5)*
4. Bethune-Cookman*

2. Missouri
3. Tulane

STARKVILLE REGIONAL
Host: Mississippi State
1. Mississippi State
4. Manhattan*

2. North Carolina State
3. Kansas State

TEMPE REGIONAL
Host: Arizona State
1. Arizona State (6)
4. Harvard*

2. Nebraska
3. Memphis

FULLERTON REGIONAL
Host: Cal State Fullerton
1. San Diego
4. Texas Christian*

2. Cal State Fullerton*
3. UCLA*

COLUMBIA REGIONAL
Host: South Carolina
1. South Carolina (7)
4. Old Dominion*

2. East Carolina
3. Western Carolina

WICHITA REGIONAL
Host: Wichita State
1. Wichita State*
4. Rutgers*

2. Oklahoma State
3. Oral Roberts*

CHARLOTTESVILLE REGIONAL
Host: Virginia
1. Virginia (8)
4. Binghamton*

2. Coastal Carolina*
3. Louisville

OXFORD REGIONAL
Host: Ole Miss
1. Ole Miss
4. Jacksonville State*

2. Stetson*
3. Georgia Tech

setem
4/24/2007, 09:44 AM
in baseball news....OSU is now predicted as a #2 seed. Taking a series from Texas would be huge in our quest to host a regional!

WICHITA REGIONAL
Host: Wichita State
1. Wichita State*
4. Rutgers*

2. Oklahoma State
3. Oral Roberts*

Have fun with that ****!!! ORU will kick your ***! Maybe you will pull out a win against Rutgers!!! Wichita will beat kick your ***!(I highly doubt you will get a shot at playing them!)

:pop: Two and Barbeque!!!:pop:

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 09:52 AM
Have fun with that ****!!! ORU will kick your ***! Maybe you will pull out a win against Rutgers!!! Wichita will beat kick your ***!(I highly doubt you will get a shot at playing them!)

:pop: Two and Barbeque!!!:pop:

Remember, these are predictions. There is still a lot that can change! ORU is good and we play them today so we will see how that turns out! Hopefully we can get some revenge on them from last year! ORU did lose 2 of 3 at Baylor (which we stomped) but in baseball that does not mean much! We also have Wichita State on May 15th so we will get a look at them also. You guys beat them so I dont see why we couldnt! LOL!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 10:24 AM
I wasnt attempting to be rude so much as I was trying to provoke the poor AG, just having a little fun but I apologize if I insulted anyone, even the poke!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 10:27 AM
but dont go gettin all cuddly on me now osufanman, im not a sheep! ;)

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:52 AM
but dont go gettin all cuddly on me now osufanman, im not a sheep! ;)
Come on now, back to the topic!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 10:57 AM
take a joke bud, thats what the ;) is for, to note that I wasnt being serious. About baseball, the key is gonna be pitching for OU, our pitching overachieved(not that they arent that good, just inexperienced) all year until the last two series so we need them to get them back on a role and we will be fine. You forget that Ou was ranked in the top 15 just two weeks ago!

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:59 AM
take a joke bud, thats what the ;) is for, to note that I wasnt being serious. About baseball, the key is gonna be pitching for OU, our pitching overachieved(not that they arent that good, just inexperienced) all year until the last two series so we need them to get them back on a role and we will be fine. You forget that Ou was ranked in the top 15 just two weeks ago!

Dont forget that OSU has been ranked pretty much all year!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 11:11 AM
Why do you keep ignoring me and and all my posts poke? Truth a little to hard to swallow?

Collier11
4/24/2007, 11:16 AM
Ou was in the top 15 two weeks ago

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 11:24 AM
heh, this is still going on?

Collier11
4/24/2007, 11:24 AM
where have you been all damn day and lastnight...atleast you are rational

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 12:09 PM
The way I see it, OU played a much more difficult non-conference schedule and has already played the top teams in the Big XII (except OSU), so their SOS is a lot higher than OSU's. OSU played a series or two against good non-conference opponents (Pepperdine and a couple of games against decent teams (FAU, Northridge)) and still has to play Texas and OU in Big XII play.

So far, OSU's record is obviously better, and they took a big step toward proving themselves as legit by taking the series in College Station. The ORU game today is bigger than it usually is because they don't have a lot of good victories out of conference, and they still get to play Wichita State in a couple of weeks. The next two weekends will be a good indication of where OSU will land in the tourney. If they can win both series, they will have a legit claim at hosting a regional.

The rivals rankings are done assuming that the tournament was picked today, not a forecast for where the teams will end up. As of now, OU has a better claim to a 2-seed than OSU based on the RPI, and neither team has proven that it should host a regional. We'll see what happens in the next month.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 12:15 PM
Ou will not host a regional unless they finish out winning 9 or 10 of their final 12 conf games IMO, but they def deserve a 2 seed unless they drop 2 of 3 to all four remaining opponents in conf

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 12:35 PM
Ou will not host a regional unless they finish out winning 9 or 10 of their final 12 conf games IMO, but they def deserve a 2 seed unless they drop 2 of 3 to all four remaining opponents in conf

eh... I think if they split the remaining 4 series with no sweeps they'll drop from a 2 to a 3, and if they only win 3/4 with no sweeps, they'll be borderline. You can't finish under .500 in the Big XII and get a 2, I don't think.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 12:54 PM
Thats why I said if they win 2 of 3 of all the remaining, that would put them at 16-12 right?

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 01:03 PM
....but they def deserve a 2 seed unless they drop 2 of 3 to all four remaining opponents in conf....

That's what I was referring to. You make it sound like that's the only way to not get a 2. I don't agree.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 01:06 PM
What happened?!?! When did this thread become a intellectual debate!?!?! ;)

Collier11
4/24/2007, 01:09 PM
I think if they won every series from here on out plus all their non-conf games, that would put them at 37-19 and 16-12 in conf. I dont see how they wouldnt be a 2 seed with the wins that they have accumulated

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 01:17 PM
I think if they won every series from here on out plus all their non-conf games, that would put them at 37-19 and 16-12 in conf. I dont see how they wouldnt be a 2 seed with the wins that they have accumulated

I'm in agreement with this.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 01:50 PM

You do have a point and they have a good chance to win "most" of their series remaining. I am not too sure about the Bed lam series. It could happen but I dont think it will.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:29 PM
all depends on pitching

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 03:02 PM
all depends on pitching

Exactly! OSU's is very on and off!

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 03:22 PM
Exactly! OSU's is very on and off!

Mostly off. I think our last 10 starts have produced somewhere around 12-1/3 innings... Not exactly quality.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 04:03 PM
I am just glad we have the offense to keep us in it!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 06:56 PM
This whole thing is great! I got negged (or at least tried to be negged) by OSUFAG11 4 times on this entire thread! Hey jackhole, it doesn't do anything. Maybe I should chalk that up as a Bed-lame victory :rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 07:53 PM
This whole thing is great! I got negged (or at least tried to be negged) by OSUFAG11 4 times on this entire thread! Hey jackhole, it doesn't do anything. Maybe I should chalk that up as a Bed-lame victory :rolleyes:

Think what you want! Lets get back to the subject. :)

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:20 PM
Ok Ardmore_Sooner! You have begged me to answer your questions on here and this is the only one I could find that I didnt answer. Happy?

When was the last time you guys won anything significant in baseball?

2004 Big 12 Tournament Championship.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:23 PM
Found another one!

Not sure! I guess he wanted to let you guys at least get 1 out of 4!

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 10:30 PM
Naw, he was getting his butt kicked by Oral Roberts.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 10:32 PM
How about you address the fact you guys BLOW in postseason play?

bri
4/24/2007, 10:37 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/472006462_a70b874c4f_o.jpg

I thought you guys bled orange. Looks pretty red to me...

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:46 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/472006462_a70b874c4f_o.jpg

I thought you guys bled orange. Looks pretty red to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDZimdHk9M

Watch this OU player getting dominated! It is close to the end.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 10:46 PM
How about you address the fact you guys BLOW in postseason play?

Not sure! Playing bad at the wrong time?!

bri
4/24/2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah, there's a clinical term for that: aggy choke.

OSUFAN11
4/24/2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah, there's a clinical term for that: aggy choke.

Yeah you can call it that too! LOL!;)

SOONER STEAKER
4/30/2007, 08:33 PM
'Ole Pete sat on the end of that stick last weekend didn't he?

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 10:18 PM
'Ole Pete sat on the end of that stick last weekend didn't he?

You lost 2 of 3 to Kansas. In Norman.

SOONER STEAKER
4/30/2007, 10:26 PM
Yes we did. But were young. This is supposed to be Frank's best team. You like the song :FREE FALLING Becaue that's what the cowoys are doing in the Big 12. Cant waitto see Mizzou put a whipping on ya. I'll be in Stoolwter for that!! Did you realize 90% of stillwater's best prospects don't attend OSU. Fields, Holliday & Weaver only ones to stay. Ehlers, Allen go to Mizzou, RHP comes to Norman. Youc an't even keep the good ones in Stillwater.

You still playing with those sheep?

SOONER STEAKER
4/30/2007, 10:30 PM
OSU AGGIE, were young that's our excuse. This is supposed to be Frank's best team. You lead all the league in all these offensive categories but UT shuts you down 3 striaght. What's upwith that.

Mizzou will thum ya too.

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 10:34 PM
Yes we did. But were young. This is supposed to be Frank's best team. You like the song :FREE FALLING Becaue that's what the cowoys are doing in the Big 12. Cant waitto see Mizzou put a whipping on ya. I'll be in Stoolwter for that!! Did you realize 90% of stillwater's best prospects don't attend OSU. Fields, Holliday & Weaver only ones to stay. Ehlers, Allen go to Mizzou, RHP comes to Norman. Youc an't even keep the good ones in Stillwater.

You still playing with those sheep?

You gave 6 examples. Half of them (I assume you meant Josh since Matt went to the Rockies) came to OSU. How does that equate to 90%? And the other 3 were average prospects, at best.

We'll see how Mizzou does this weekend.

OSUAggie
4/30/2007, 10:36 PM
OSU AGGIE, were young that's our excuse. This is supposed to be Frank's best team. You lead all the league in all these offensive categories but UT shuts you down 3 striaght. What's upwith that.

Mizzou will thum ya too.

Texas is a top-5 team. We're a top-20 team with top-100 pitching, at best. That's how Texas comes in and sweeps us (the first time OSU has ever been swept at Reynolds Stadium). The bats went cold (Texas pitching had a lot to do with this) during a series that was impossible to win without scoring a ton of runs.

Ardmore_Sooner
5/1/2007, 12:34 AM
That's really the first time? Thats impressive!

SOONER STEAKER
5/1/2007, 02:34 PM
Stoolwater grads who left. Maybe 60% is better.

J.T. Severe New Mexico State
Jared McAuliffe Oklahoma All Big 12 Holiday wanted Jared bad!!
Cody Ehlers Missouri All Big 12, Top 1B prospect in Yankees farm system
Fields brothers, One at Penn State and one at ORU
There are many more, I just need to research them. My mind isn't what it used to be.

I know Holday wanted Ehlers as well. OSU just isn't the place it used to be when Gary walked on campus.

OSUAggie
5/1/2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, that's why Holliday was shown the door. But Ward never recruited Oklahoma, either. Loaded up on California guys and guys from back East. Frank's doing a helluva job with the scholarship restrictions he's had to deal with (still doesn't have the full allotment and probably won't for a few more years).

Might want to change your writing to say Stillwater grads, not OSU grads.

SOONER STEAKER
5/1/2007, 05:10 PM
Frank has the vision, his son would have really helped, but thank god, he couldn't turn down that $900,000+ contract the D'backs gave him.

You can read about Brett Andreson on the Baseball America website. Former MWC standout A.J. Hinch, talks about how impressed Brett has been so far in the D'backs farm system.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 07:34 AM
That's really the first time? Thats impressive!

I didnt realize that it was the first time either!

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 07:34 AM
Yeah, that's why Holliday was shown the door. But Ward never recruited Oklahoma, either. Loaded up on California guys and guys from back East. Frank's doing a helluva job with the scholarship restrictions he's had to deal with (still doesn't have the full allotment and probably won't for a few more years).

Might want to change your writing to say Stillwater grads, not OSU grads.

Holliday was a prick!

SOONER STEAKER
5/2/2007, 01:06 PM
Holliday was a prick!

Holdiay, IS STILL A PRICK!! Just a NC STATE pick.

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 01:38 PM
BTW, Weaver was probably the best Stillwater prospect I played against. Those Stillwater legion teams were pretty damn good 7 or 8 years ago with him and Fields and some others. Stillwater, Enid and Woodward were always the best trips to make out west.

Too bad legion ball has gone to ****.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 01:38 PM
Holdiay, IS STILL A PRICK!! Just a NC STATE pick.
Good point

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 01:39 PM
BTW, Weaver was probably the best Stillwater prospect I played against. Those Stillwater legion teams were pretty damn good 7 or 8 years ago with him and Fields and some others. Stillwater, Enid and Woodward were always the best trips to make out west.

Too bad legion ball has gone to ****.

Yeah it used to be HUGE! I dont know what happened to it! Who did you play for?

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 01:40 PM
Claremore.

The Diamond Leagues ruined a lot of it around here.

SOONER STEAKER
5/2/2007, 03:39 PM
When I played Legion we played 60 games a summer and it was a blast. We played solid teams and all the good kids played. They didn't play on these Showcase teams that cost upwards of $2,500. But if you look at OU and OSU's rosters, all the good kids played on select teams. Whih is where you face a pitcher almost every day that throws 88+. In Diamond League and Pure Prairie League, you may see a kidthrowing that hard once during a summer. If you want to play at the next level, you need to play in the most competitive league you can, and Diamond and Pure Prairie justaen't it.

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 03:45 PM
I saw a "showcase" team from OKC come up to Claremore a year or two ago. It was a shame that those kids' families had to pay $2,000 or whatever it was to get their asses kicked. They were one of the worst teams featuring a collection of 18 yo kids I'd seen in a long time. If you can play, you can play. You'll get noticed anywhere.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 03:50 PM
Claremore.

The Diamond Leagues ruined a lot of it around here.

Did you play HS for Claremore? If so, when did you play because we played you guys in state back when Bucktrot played for you!

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 03:54 PM
When I played Legion we played 60 games a summer and it was a blast. We played solid teams and all the good kids played. They didn't play on these Showcase teams that cost upwards of $2,500. But if you look at OU and OSU's rosters, all the good kids played on select teams. Whih is where you face a pitcher almost every day that throws 88+. In Diamond League and Pure Prairie League, you may see a kidthrowing that hard once during a summer. If you want to play at the next level, you need to play in the most competitive league you can, and Diamond and Pure Prairie justaen't it.

I noticed how you stated that OSU is not picking up the really goodplayers in state . I think that most of the good players either get drafted or go to a JUCO so they can get a lot of playing time and then maybe get drafted the next year. That is what I thought a lot of good players did.

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 03:55 PM
Did you play HS for Claremore? If so, when did you play because we played you guys in state back when Bucktrot played for you!

Yah, I was on that '99 team. '99-'01.

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 04:03 PM
Yah, I was on that '99 team. '99-'01.

Cool, we played you in the 2000 state tournament. Almost beat you for the state championship game. We had to beat you twice and got you the first game but came up short the second game.

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 04:18 PM
I guess that'd be El Reno. It's kind of a blur.

It seems like Shell was pretty good.

Our offense was terrible in 2000, but we had like 4 starting pitchers go D-1 or Pro.

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:28 PM

Our offense was terrible in 2000, but we had like 4 starting pitchers go D-1 or Pro.

what is the exact definition of a "pitcher" in sheep herding? Excuse me but I am ignorant to the sport! Thanks so much, buh bye!!!

OSUAggie
5/2/2007, 04:49 PM
what is the exact definition of a "pitcher" in sheep herding? Excuse me but I am ignorant to the sport! Thanks so much, buh bye!!!

Creative... Some might say original..

Collier11
5/2/2007, 04:53 PM
I thank you very much sir!

OSUFAN11
5/2/2007, 05:01 PM

You are correct. We beat you the first game with Shell and you came back and rallied late to beat us for the second one. They were both low scoring games.

Shell is now on the Angels 40 man roster and played in AAA ball last season but went back to Arkansas to play on their AA team because the Texas League that they are in is really hard on pitchers. They wanted him to face some good competition.

OSUAggie
5/3/2007, 05:03 PM
That's cool, glad to hear he's doing well. Bucktrot made it to the Phillies 40-man, then had shoulder problems and he's currently re-habbing in Claremore. I think he said he'll be back with them late this year or next year.

OSUFAN11
5/3/2007, 05:06 PM
That's cool, glad to hear he's doing well. Bucktrot made it to the Phillies 40-man, then had shoulder problems and he's currently re-habbing in Claremore. I think he said he'll be back with them late this year or next year.

I was wondering what happened to him. That is good to hear he is still with it!

Ardmore_Sooner
5/3/2007, 05:18 PM
This thread has been officially hijacked! :D