PDA

View Full Version : Dim POTUS candidates won't debate on Fox News Channel!??!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/16/2007, 06:59 PM
Explain away. Enquiring Minds etc.

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 07:04 PM
They are totally ignorant of the fact that it is the most watched cable news channel in the world and evidently they believe only conservatives tune in. Shows how out of touch they are. None of them should ever take the oath. IMO if you can't handle fox news how the heck are you gonna handle world issues. Oh nevermind they are on the side of our enemies. at least thats what I can tell from their speech and behavior.

4/16/2007, 07:32 PM
They are totally ignorant of the fact that it is the most watched cable news channel in the world and evidently they believe only conservatives tune in. Shows how out of touch they are. None of them should ever take the oath. IMO if you can't handle fox news how the heck are you gonna handle world issues. Oh nevermind they are on the side of our enemies. at least thats what I can tell from their speech and behavior.IMHO 1) They don't want to field anything but softball questions from the media, and 2)It's an effort to criticize Fox news.
I would like to hear some dims' opinions on the strange dealio, though.

MamaMia
4/16/2007, 09:18 PM
I thought that Barack Obama was all gung ho on being so anti party and wanting to "bring the parties together to work for a better tomorrow" kinda guy? What a bold faced liar he has already turned out to be. :rolleyes:

VeeJay
4/16/2007, 09:49 PM
Fox News does not have the backstage personnel available to accommodate Sen. Edwards' hair and makeup entourage.

Octavian
4/16/2007, 09:59 PM
Isn't this story several months old?

And Fox News is the biggest joke this side of the asteroid belt...surpassed in the solar system only by Pluto, which faked being a planet for over 50 years.

Hatfield
4/16/2007, 10:24 PM
fox news has a clear bias and that is why they are not going to debate on the channel...at least that is their stance.

i feel it furthers the belief that they are pansies.

While I hate fox, I think the dems are missing an opportunity here by not debating on the channel.

SoonerBBall
4/16/2007, 10:37 PM
Isn't this story several months old?

And Fox News is the biggest joke this side of the asteroid belt...surpassed in the solar system only by Pluto, which faked being a planet for over 50 years.

I don't watch CNN or FOX News, but I want to know how they are so different and why FOX is a joke. This is an honest question. I hate the republican party only slightly less than I hate the democratic party, but I have never seen any of the news stations as a bastion for truth or even unbaised information, so what exactly makes FOX so much of a joke when CNN plays the same stupid games.

bri
4/16/2007, 10:40 PM
I thought that Barack Obama was all gung ho on being so anti party and wanting to "bring the parties together to work for a better tomorrow" kinda guy? What a bold faced liar he has already turned out to be. :rolleyes:

yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out why he wouldn't like Fox... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRywAlop4Q)

My favorite part? Steve Doocy practically hosing down his unders while squealing "This is HUGE!!!".

VeeJay
4/16/2007, 10:42 PM
fox news has a clear bias and that is why they are not going to debate on the channel...at least that is their stance.

i feel it furthers the belief that they are pansies.

While I hate fox, I think the dems are missing an opportunity here by not debating on the channel.

You're exactly correct. This is the equivalent of Imus refusing to appear on Sharpton's program. The Democrats are admitting, basically, that they have no chance, or desire, to court any voters who aren't Far Left.

So much for centrism.

Rhino
4/16/2007, 10:45 PM
I think that the general feeling is that since the Democrats are facing each other first - in the primaries - that they would have nothing to gain by having a Republican-leaning network hosting a debate between Democrats.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but that's what I've read. I haven't heard that a debate later (after the primaries) hosted by Fox has been ruled out.

I know. CNN, mainstream media, Dan Rather, New York Times, blah blah blah

OklahomaTuba
4/16/2007, 10:47 PM
If only Fox News would forge documents like CBS did, then maybe the donks would consider them as being neutral.

VeeJay
4/16/2007, 10:48 PM
yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out why he wouldn't like Fox... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRywAlop4Q)

My favorite part? Steve Doocy practically hosing down his unders while squealing "This is HUGE!!!".

For a Fox News hater, you seem to be at the top of your game with the monitoring.

Fraggle145
4/16/2007, 10:54 PM
I don't watch CNN or FOX News, but I want to know how they are so different and why FOX is a joke. This is an honest question. I hate the republican party only slightly less than I hate the democratic party, but I have never seen any of the news stations as a bastion for truth or even unbaised information, so what exactly makes FOX so much of a joke when CNN plays the same stupid games.

This is why I dont watch the news. It all sucks. They pick their pet story/tragedy of the day and run with it, often without enough support leaving behind the majority of other tragedies that could have been reported that day. See Anna Nicole coverage as an example of "news." And if its not that its something about our political system which is basically two sides of the same coin, neither being that attractive.

mdklatt
4/16/2007, 11:07 PM
Explain away. Enquiring Minds etc.

Wow. You're just now hearing about this?

Psst...today's episode must have been a "Best of Rush" from March. Did Rush tell you how to fill out your NCAA bracket? That would be a dead giveaway right there.

Rhino
4/16/2007, 11:09 PM
If only Fox News would forge documents like CBS did, then maybe the donks would consider them as being neutral. Too late. I already hit your canned talking point.

I know. CNN, mainstream media, Dan Rather, New York Times, blah blah blah

sitzpinkler
4/16/2007, 11:29 PM

don't forget this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVMcLhx6DI&mode=related&search=

crow eating at its finest

mdklatt
4/16/2007, 11:38 PM

Hell, at least give them credit for admitting their mistake...and admitting that they're too lazy to do their own work and are cribbing info from magazine articles. If only all media outlets were like that.

Go to Google News, and click on the "all articles" link for any news story. If there's 3219 stories listed, it's a good bet that 3200 of them will be from the exact same source--and some even credit a secondary source that is merely parroting the primary source. I wouldn't be surprised if there were tertiary sources and recursive sources as well.

bri
4/17/2007, 12:35 AM
For a Fox News hater, you seem to be at the top of your game with the monitoring.

what monitoring? I knew about FNC's gleeful attempt to make the sheep think that Obama grew up attending terror summer camp from other media sources. After that, it's not really that hard to fire up YouTube and do a search for "Barack Obama Fox News". I was just trying to help MamaMia see that just because you don't like a "news organization" that has smeared you at every opportunity, that doesn't make you a "liar"...

4/17/2007, 12:48 AM
Wow. You're just now hearing about this?

Psst...today's episode must have been a "Best of Rush" from March. Did Rush tell you how to fill out your NCAA bracket? That would be a dead giveaway right there.Intuitive of you to assume I just now heard about your boys(and the Mrs.) refusing to go on a major cable tv network. I haven't seen it as a subject on the SO until now, however. Thanks for your analysis.

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 01:06 AM
Ah. Good point. Apparently you were waiting for a slow news day.

4/17/2007, 01:11 AM
Ah. Good point. Apparently you were waiting for a slow news day.The mass murder on campus is the subject of another thread...and thank YOU for your analysis.

bri
4/17/2007, 08:08 AM
Awww, yay! We have another Russell now...

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 08:37 AM
You're exactly correct. This is the equivalent of Imus refusing to appear on Sharpton's program. The Democrats are admitting, basically, that they have no chance, or desire, to court any voters who aren't Far Left.

So much for centrism.

what are you talking about? First off, Imus went on Sharpton's program. He didn't refuse to appear.

they aren't admitting they have no chance or desire to court any voters who aren't far left they are just stating they aren't going to waste their time on a station that they perceive as extremely biased.

again i say they are missing a great opportunity to prove fox's bias or to go on and show what they are made of.....it makes no sense to only pander to the far left as you suggest.

crawfish
4/17/2007, 08:50 AM

He should be thanking them that they got the issue out of the way early in the campaign. The other networks would've *****footed around, trying to suppress it until it inevitably came out, probably too late for damage control.

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 09:12 AM
***** foot around what? the insight article (which Fox was quick to repeat without verification) came out in 2007- well after obama already talked openly about his schooling, etc. well, i mean... the parts that weren't completely made up and stuff by insight.

i wish they would debate on fox, personally.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 09:19 AM
they're idiots not to debate in front of a voting block from which they hope to steal swing votes..

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 09:22 AM
***** foot around what? the insight article (which Fox was quick to repeat without verification) came out in 2007- well after obama already talked openly about his schooling, etc. well, i mean... the parts that weren't completely made up and stuff by insight.

i wish they would debate on fox, personally.

barely heard the word insight in the initial story, but then during the "correction" it was all insights fault, not theirs...I mean what were they supposed to do actually take time to verify the story prior to airing it?

VeeJay
4/17/2007, 09:23 AM
what are you talking about? First off, Imus went on Sharpton's program. He didn't refuse to appear.

they aren't admitting they have no chance or desire to court any voters who aren't far left they are just stating they aren't going to waste their time on a station that they perceive as extremely biased.

again i say they are missing a great opportunity to prove fox's bias or to go on and show what they are made of.....it makes no sense to only pander to the far left as you suggest.

Sorry for the confusion - I should have worded that "This would be the equivalent had Imus refused..."

And again, I agree they're missing an opportunity. Unfortunately, the candidate's swipe at Fox News is also a missed oppt'y to get their message out. Last time I checked, Fox News is available to households that aren't exclusively Republican. What's the fear, that a host or mod would be unfair with questioning?

Hatfield, I think you and I agree about the debate snub, being polar opposites. Let's relish the moment. :cool:

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 09:29 AM
FNCJG! yay!

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 09:34 AM
FNCJG! yay!

zoo - i know that you'd all like to think that foxnews is ONLY watched by hardcore republicans and far right conservatives.....but you'd be wrong

of course there are moderates that watch that network.......its not like the GOP has a super strong candidate to rally around........of course when Fred Thompson officially throws his hat in the ring, that will change

but the presidential race is WIDE open - there are lots of events yet to happen that will shape our decisions next year.....

so yes, swing votes to be had, absolutely

i thought the liberals were against stereotyping ;)

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 09:37 AM
Hatfield, I think you and I agree about the debate snub, being polar opposites. Let's relish the moment. :cool:

rock on.

(and by the way Imus dropped the "you people" bomb on sharpton's show...it was clear he was talking only about the 2 people across the desk from him, but al jumped all over it...hillarious)

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 09:42 AM
they're idiots not to debate in front of a voting block from which they hope to steal swing votes..

I don't know how many swing voters watch Fox News. It could be the swing voters that have caused CNN's ratings to rise at the expense of FNC the past couple of years.

link (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/aug_s_total_viewers_vs_aug_2005_42895.asp)

The other day when the story broke about Iraq tours being extended to 15 months, Fox dutifully headlined their story something like "SOLDIERS FINDING BRIGHT SIDE OF EXTENDED DEPLOYMENTS". Yeah, I'm sure they are.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 09:44 AM
I don't know how many swing voters watch Fox News. It could be the swing voters that have caused CNN's ratings to rise at the expense of FNC the past couple of years.

link (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/aug_s_total_viewers_vs_aug_2005_42895.asp)

The other day when the story broke about Iraq tours being extended to 15 months, Fox dutifully headlined their story something like "SOLDIERS FINDING BRIGHT SIDE OF EXTENDED DEPLOYMENTS". Yeah, I'm sure they are.

funny you mention this........my son did mention the extra pay he'd be getting for his extra 3 months over there

if the democrats have a debate, and its on fox, i'm sure even the democrats would tune in to see what they have to say

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 09:48 AM
i don't think only hardcore republicans watch fox news. i watch it every once in awhile. see, i don't come to conclusions without doing a little research, so my opinion is based on my own experiences with fox. it's slightly more difficult to see a pattern when you agree with the pattern, than it is for someone who disagrees with a pattern. see what i'm saying? if you're watching it to get your news, you'll get plenty of atta boy, rah rah from like minded thinkers. if you're watching it to get "another view"... you'll get a very limited information that is peppered with antagonistic jabs at anyone not wearing the big R on their forehead.

i'm sure you feel the same about the naughty liberal media as well. i'm assuming you also watch that.

that being said, i still wish they would agree to debate on fox. however, i think we're all lying if we were to say, "that guy accused me of being a terrorist and muslim extremest and funneled those lies out to millions of other americans" and would openly welcome an invitation to sit across their table. especially when they've been swearing by their intregrity, honesty and fairness.

same coin, different side.

NormanPride
4/17/2007, 09:50 AM
I think before the primaries it's pretty stupid for democrats to debate on Fox. Why expose yourself to a hostile environment when the race for the democratic nomination is already tight? Fox can bitch and whine all it wants, but if the democrats don't want to take their ****, then they'll have to deal with their circle-jerk of republican candidates that won't win.

That being said, a candidate with a lower chance of winning the nomination could make big strides towards winning it if they went on and sounded competent. I also think Obama would have gone on, had Fox not pleasured itself so extensively over the schooling issue.

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 09:57 AM
funny you mention this........my son did mention the extra pay he'd be getting for his extra 3 months over there

That's something, I guess. It was funny to me (but not really surprising) that Fox was trying to put a positive spin on that story. The best the article itself could do was find soldiers who were merely resigned rather than outright dejected. The only truly positive aspect was that three extra months would give soldiers more opporunity to develop their community and intelligence contacts.

if the democrats have a debate, and its on fox, i'm sure even the democrats would tune in to see what they have to say

This is no doubt true. Overall, I think it's a silly decision by the dims.

Jeopardude
4/17/2007, 09:58 AM
If only Fox News would forge documents like CBS did, then maybe the donks would consider them as being neutral.

Wow, CBS itself forged those documents? Really?

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 10:00 AM
Why expose yourself to a hostile environment when the race for the democratic nomination is already tight?

Short of making Bill O'Reilly the moderator, how could FNC create a hostile environment for the debate itself? They'll go to town during their post-debate analysis, but they'll do that regardless of the network.

MamaMia

My favorite part? Steve Doocy practically hosing down his unders while squealing "This is HUGE!!!". Republicans have plenty of reason to despise the liberal media as a whole but you don't see them acting like girly men when they're invited to a debate. I cant for the life of me figure out why anyone running for office would turn down any opportunity to get his message out there.
don't forget this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVMcLhx6DI&mode=related&search=

It was the Hillary loving magazine who should also be eating crow.
what monitoring? I knew about FNC's gleeful attempt to make the sheep think that Obama grew up attending terror summer camp from other media sources. After that, it's not really that hard to fire up YouTube and do a search for "Barack Obama Fox News". I was just trying to help MamaMia see that just because you don't like a "news organization" that has smeared you at every opportunity, that doesn't make you a "liar"... First of all, you exaggerate worse than the old lady hen at my granny's bridge club. Fox did not smear Obama at "every opportunity." It was ONE news story. They were repeating another news source anyway; a story Hillary and her camp started and are backtracking on now. Secondly, you weren't trying to "help" me see anything. You were giving your opinion which obviously has you seeing things in a much different light than I do. By the way young man, if I need your help, I'll ask for it. I say hes a liar and that is exactly what I believe. He said and I quote "In my campaign, I want to set party politics aside." He did not say... 'In my campaign, I want to set party politics aside...unless I'm invited to be a guest on a conservative network who was mean to me.' Well Boo Hoo Hoo Mr. Barack Hussein Obama. Hows about growing a couple if you want to run this country? Either he wants to set party politics aside or he doesn't. Its that plain and simple. If he didn't like what was said about him on Fox then get on there and say so, don't act like a little pansy and run away. There is no room for cowards in the oval office. We had enough of that crap when Clintion it all depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is was taking up space in the peoples house.

mdklatt
Wow, CBS itself forged those documents? Really?

Dan Rather did it all himself using Photoshop. That's why he was fired.

Fugue
4/17/2007, 10:03 AM
'bout time this thread had a :pop: .

so :pop:

Ike
4/17/2007, 10:03 AM
could it have possibly had something to do with a pretty retarded joke told by The President of Fox News, comparing Obama to Osama?

probably.

It the Republocrats were planning to debate on CBS and their president made a Bush-Hitler joke, don't you think they would pull out of that debate too.

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 10:12 AM
mama why you giving fox a pass for openly airing a bunk story with the only reason being to attack a dem candidate? Is Insight magazine to blame yes. That doesn't mean there isn't also blame on fox for airing a story they didn't create and doing no research into the veracity of the crap falling out of their mouths.

but i guess since they were only repeating what someone else said that makes it ok? that really your stance? if so...shame on you.

and this is what IKE is talking about:

In a recent speech where Fox News Channel chairman Roger Ailes accepted the RTNDF’s 2007 First Amendment Leadership Award, he maliciously joked about the name similarity between Osama and Obama:

And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true that President Bush called Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’

bri
4/17/2007, 10:16 AM
By the way young man, if I need your help, I'll ask for it. I say hes a liar and that is exactly what I believe. He said and I quote "In my campaign, I want to set party politics aside." He did not say... 'In my campaign, I want to set party politics aside...unless I'm invited to be a guest on a conservative network who was mean to me.' Well Boo Hoo Hoo Mr. Barack Hussein Obama. Hows about growing a couple if you want to run this country? Either he wants to set party politics aside or he doesn't. Its that plain and simple. If he didn't like what was said about him on Fox then get on there and say so, don't act like a little pansy and run away.

I guess "condesending" is the new "polite".

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 10:18 AM
mama, what does a refusal to participate in a debate on fox have to do with putting party politics aside?

unless you are saying that fox news is a mouthpiece of the gop...

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 10:19 AM
well you'd certainly know!

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 10:19 AM
And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true that President Bush called Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’

That's actually kinda funny. It sounds like a Bush-is-dumb joke as much as an Obama-is-a-terrorist joke.

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 10:20 AM

No ****.

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 10:21 AM
I say hes a liar and that is exactly what I believe.

Then I suppose you'll never be voting for any politician ever again?

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 10:22 AM
Then I suppose you'll never be voting for any politician ever again?

W passes off lying as acting stupid. Some people can't tell the difference.

MamaMia
4/17/2007, 10:22 AM
mama why you giving fox a pass for openly airing a bunk story with the only reason being to attack a dem candidate? Is Insight magazine to blame yes. That doesn't mean there isn't also blame on fox for airing a story they didn't create and doing no research into the veracity of the crap falling out of their mouths.

but i guess since they were only repeating what someone else said that makes it ok? that really your stance? if so...shame on you.

and this is what IKE is talking about:

In a recent speech where Fox News Channel chairman Roger Ailes accepted the RTNDF’s 2007 First Amendment Leadership Award, he maliciously joked about the name similarity between Osama and Obama:

And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true that President Bush called Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’Some of you people need to get your facts straight before you play twister with my words and the words of others. I do not agree with what Fox said, nor have I ever said I did, however I still mean every word I have said in this thread. Maybe some of you have forgotten that the 1st debate the democrats ran away from was being co-sponsored by Fox and the Nevada Democratic party. Then Fox teamed with the Congressional Black Caucus Political Education and Leadership Institute for the Sept. 23 debate that is still scheduled, even though John Edwards, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton all said they won't attend.

Open your eyes.

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 10:25 AM
facts straight? you off-handedly dismiss fox's role and then say we need to get our facts straight?

plus most everyone is in agreement that they should do it, but while i disagree with them not doing it, I understand why they don't want to

bri
4/17/2007, 10:31 AM

Ooooh, BURN!

Except, I've never professed to any level of politeness on here. In fact, I'm fairly open about my style (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1866232&postcount=50). :D

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 10:35 AM
so... the first dude in this thread wanted answers as to why the debates have been turned down. it turns out... it is the base of their supporters that don't want them to do it. it would be foolish for them to go against their supporters to try and gain "possible" supporters. or something. anyway, google is your friend and here's a little clip about it. you'll like it. it refers to them as being weenies and stuff. OH, THOSE WEENIES! (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1610957,00.html)

i wonder why fox refused to participate in the article though. must be 'cause it's a liberal rag. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
4/17/2007, 10:36 AM
facts straight? you off-handedly dismiss fox's role and then say we need to get our facts straight?

plus most everyone is in agreement that they should do it, but while i disagree with them not doing it, I understand why they don't want to You seem to have trouble comprehending today. I never "off-handedly [dismissed] Fox's role." I pointed out that this nonsense all started from Hillary's camp. I will no longer address your twisted around false accusations. If you want to accuse me of thinking or saying something then QUOTE me word for word.

The fact still remains that using what was said about Obama, no matter who said it 1st, 2nd or 3rd, as an excuse to tuck tail and run away from a political debate is cowardly. As I see it, thats pretty much all there is to that.

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 10:41 AM
i can just tell we're going to break out in a round of kumbayah any minute!

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 10:42 AM
I wonder if Sam Brownback and John McCain will attend the debate sponsored by moveon.org?

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 10:49 AM
could it have possibly had something to do with a pretty retarded joke told by The President of Fox News, comparing Obama to Osama?

probably.

It the Republocrats were planning to debate on CBS and their president made a Bush-Hitler joke, don't you think they would pull out of that debate too.

nope

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 10:52 AM
I wonder if Sam Brownback and John McCain will attend the debate sponsored by moveon.org?

When they become a leading nework i am sure they will be.
Fox is the most balanced network there is. Because it is further right than any other network its considered biased to the right.

I would rather find out why the other networks are so far to the left they can't see the west coast from where their coming from. OH and Matt Laurer is a Pu$$y.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 10:56 AM
fox news = moveon.org

too funny.....

NormanPride
4/17/2007, 11:01 AM
Never understood why people get so miffed defending a news station.

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 11:02 AM
fox news = moveon.org

too funny.....

Try the fish! Tip your waitress, I'll be here all week!

bri
4/17/2007, 11:02 AM
Because Steve Doocy gave them a kidney once, God bless 'im.

VeeJay
4/17/2007, 11:06 AM
moveon.org is sponsoring debates??

Why not have their opposites, Free Republic.com, sponsor one too?

I imagine the moveon.org audience would be fairly hostile to any Righties who show up. I'm thinking the audience members would need to be x-rayed, frisked, patted down, strip searched, and lobotomized before entering the building.

"Uh never mind, you, you and you - please keep your clothes on."

bri
4/17/2007, 11:09 AM
Why would we need to be x-rayed, frisked, patted down, or strip searched? We're the ones who don't like guns. :D

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 11:10 AM
Fox is the most balanced network there is. Because it is further right than any other network its considered biased to the right.

for the record that is probably the oddest thing i will read all day.

4/17/2007, 11:10 AM
Never understood why people get so miffed defending the only news station that treats conservatives as real human beings with plausible ideas. It IS puzzling, isn't it?

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 11:11 AM
I was kidding about the moveon.org debate you morans.

Fraggle145
4/17/2007, 11:13 AM
http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:23 AM
for the record that is probably the oddest thing i will read all day.

Odd- maybe
correct -yes

bri
4/17/2007, 11:30 AM
So, even though they're right-leaning, they're balanced? Wouldn't "balanced", by its very definition, be "centered"?

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 11:31 AM
if by correct you mean not correct then yes we agree. How you can argue that fox news isn't biased when you also admit it is biased is very telling in your mentality.

you seem to be a nice enough guy, but come on fox news the most balanced?

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:32 AM
Not that I agree, but that's not what 85 was trying to say. He was saying that Fox News is balanced, but that makes them far to the right of any other news source.

In other news, Pew Research just released another survey showing that self-described Fox News watchers tended to be less-informed than any other segment other than those who only watched morning shows (Today, GMA, etc) for their news. Daily Show and Colbert watchers, strangely enough, were the most informed.

The questions that were asked were factual in nature, and were of the variety "Who is the current Secretary of State?" and "One major religious faction of Islam is Shia. Can you identify the other faction?"

Strangely enough (based on the presumed viewership of these programs) Democrats scored a bit lower than Republicans.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003571876

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 11:34 AM
So, even though they're right-leaning, they're balanced? Wouldn't "balanced", by its very definition, be "centered"?

He didn't say they were right-leaning, he said they were farther to the right. Bill Clinton was farther to the right than Ralph Nader, but still not right of center.

However, FNC is definitely right of center.

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:36 AM

What part don't you understand. They are further right than the all of the other left leaning networks. Thus is your left and you move to the right (of left) you have balanced.

MamaMia
4/17/2007, 11:40 AM
There is no such thing as a "balanced" news station anymore and there hasn't been since newscasters, and I use the term loosely, have mistakingly started thinking we need to know what their personal opinions are in order to form our own, instead of just broadcasting the daily news.

bri
4/17/2007, 11:41 AM
Yes...and then once you keep going and reach "right of center" you're back at "unbalanced".

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:44 AM
He didn't say they were right-leaning, he said they were farther to the right. Bill Clinton was farther to the right than Ralph Nader, but still not right of center.

However, FNC is definitely right of center.

Lets see. 7:00 Hannity and Colmes A right winger and left winger
8:00 Oreilly (a confessed no party affiliate) clearly more conservative than liberal
9:00 Greta A confessed liberal
Geraldo- liberal
Shepard smith (unknown but probably more right than left)
John Gibson (unknown but probably more left than right)
Brit Hume pretty conservative
Neil Cavuto (unknown ) probably very centrist

could go on but seems pretty balanced to me
Why don't you try that with the other networks chief

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 11:50 AM
Lets see. 7:00 Hannity and Colmes A right winger and left winger
8:00 Oreilly (a confessed no party affiliate) clearly more conservative than liberal
9:00 Greta A confessed liberal
Geraldo- liberal
Shepard smith (unknown but probably more right than left)
John Gibson (unknown but probably more left than right)
Brit Hume pretty conservative
Neil Cavuto (unknown ) probably very centrist

I'm not talking about the commentators, but the news itself.

CNN headline: "PENTAGON CONFIRMS IRAQ TOURS BEING EXTENDED TO 15 MONTHS"

Fox News headline: "SOLDIERS FINDING BRIGHT SIDE TO EXTENDED TOURS"

Do you not see the spin?

NormanPride
4/17/2007, 11:51 AM
Why does one watch a "news commentary" show?

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:54 AM
I'm not talking about the commentators, but the news itself.

CNN headline: "PENTAGON CONFIRMS IRAQ TOURS BEING EXTENDED TO 15 MONTHS"

Fox News headline: "SOLDIERS FINDING BRIGHT SIDE TO EXTENDED TOURS"

Do you not see the spin?

Seems to me the first one is the intial action. the second one is a reaction.

I would bet if you did the research you would find that fox too initially started with the confirmation of tours being extended. ( I believe leaves are also extended in the plan as well) So finding a bright spot could be one of many things. What was CNNs follow up reaction?

That being said, what about the fox headline indicates it is right wing?

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 11:54 AM
Why does one watch a "news commentary" show?

To find out what happened to nicole silly!

NormanPride
4/17/2007, 11:56 AM
Fox had much better coverage of that, I believe.

birddog
4/17/2007, 12:00 PM
i watch the local news with georganne lymberopolous.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2007, 12:10 PM
One headline showing something postive during a war = right-wing. Now THAT is telling.

Fox gets its news from the wire services just like everyone else.

And anyone who doubts the left-wing bias of the wire services is just out of their mind. Reuters is basically Al Jazerra in that respect.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2007, 12:14 PM
I would bet if you did the research you would find that fox too initially started with the confirmation of tours being extended. ( I believe leaves are also extended in the plan as well) So finding a bright spot could be one of many things. What was CNNs follow up reaction?

Oh come on 85, you are expecting libz to respond to facts?

Pfft.

Oh lookie, a wire report from the AP on Foxnews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264997,00.html

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 12:17 PM
Oh come on 85, you are expecting libz to respond to facts?

Pfft.

Oh lookie, a wire report from the AP on Foxnews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264997,00.html

Thanks for making my point.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 12:20 PM
if most of you would realize that a majority of "nightly news", regardless of which network you watch.....is actually op-ed stuff rather than straight news.....they arent reporting the news, they're reporting their own position on the news

they ALL do it

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 12:28 PM
i watch very little 24 hour news. actually, nobody watches 24 hour news. some of us watch 23 hour opinion, and 1 hour news.

i think this is me agreeing JK.

i don't want flowery commentary. or... toxic commentary. i want the facts. just the facts. i'm not defending other networks while bashing fox- i'm pretty equally disgusted with all of 'em. however, rush boy asked a specific question referring to fox and the democratic delegates, and as far as i can tell i'm the only one who answered.

i should start my own news network. STFU. where we state the facts and you take your opinions and STFU. (not you... but news chokers world wide.) every time a newscaster threw in his/her own opinion their chairs would explode.

it.would.be.awesome.

4/17/2007, 12:50 PM
i watch very little 24 hour news. actually, nobody watches 24 hour news. some of us watch 23 hour opinion, and 1 hour news.

i think this is me agreeing JK.

i don't want flowery commentary. or... toxic commentary. i want the facts. just the facts. i'm not defending other networks while bashing fox- i'm pretty equally disgusted with all of 'em. however, rush boy asked a specific question referring to fox and the democratic delegates, and as far as i can tell i'm the only one who answered.

i should start my own news network. STFU. where we state the facts and you take your opinions and STFU. (not you... but news chokers world wide.) every time a newscaster threw in his/her own opinion their chairs would explode.

it.would.be.awesome. Do it! Bet you would easily get some advertising.(you might want to reconsider the name of the network, however)

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 01:10 PM
Do it! Bet you would easily get some advertising.(you might want to reconsider the name of the network, however)

i HEAR iMUS IS LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME NETWORK

bri
4/17/2007, 01:13 PM
One headline showing something postive during a war = right-wing. Now THAT is telling.

Fox gets its news from the wire services just like everyone else.

And anyone who doubts the left-wing bias of the wire services is just out of their mind. Reuters is basically Al Jazerra in that respect.

Holy f*cking sh*t, Batman! You mean to tell us that there's an association of press outlets that run the same story with minor editorial tweaks and their own headlines? No way!

Thank you for bringing it back to the original poster's observation that both CNN and Fox reported on the same story, taken from the same wire service, and while CNN went with a headline along the lines of "troops' stay extended" while Fox made it sound like they'd won Powerball or something...

4/17/2007, 01:14 PM
i HEAR iMUS IS LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME NETWORKD-Oh!

Fraggle145
4/17/2007, 01:20 PM
if most of you would realize that a majority of "nightly news", regardless of which network you watch.....is actually op-ed stuff rather than straight news.....they arent reporting the news, they're reporting their own position on the news

they ALL do it

See my original post...the news sucks.

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 02:21 PM
Seems to me the first one is the intial action. the second one is a reaction.

I would bet if you did the research you would find that fox too initially started with the confirmation of tours being extended.

Could be. They were all grouped together by Google News. I didn't read the CNN article. I found the archived version of the Fox article:

Troops Look For Bright Side of Longer Iraq Deployments (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265762,00.html)

Mainly the fact that it didn't match the content, unless being resigned to the fact that you've got an extra three months in the **** is a bright side.

"Those of us 'in the business' of managing the force knew that this decision — or one equally painful — was made inevitable by the 'surge,'" one officer wrote to FOX News.

"[E]qually painful"--no bright side there.

"I think some of them had counted on this from the beginning. I think most of them have resigned themselves to soldiering on and getting the job done. I think most of them will take it day by day and I don't think there will be a lot of complaining and grief over this announcement," said Lt. Col. Wilson A. Shoffner

"[R]esigned themselves"--not a ringing endorsement.

"There are trade-offs in terms of the knowledge that the troops have gained of their areas and how to operate and the expertise that they bring," said American Enterprise Institute scholar Frederick Kagan. "Certainly they will be fighting with greater understanding of what they need to do. Against that you have set the morale problem and the sheer exhaustion that sets in from having to do this. ... It's not something you would do if you had other options."

This is closest thing to a "bright side". The longer you spend in-country will make you better at your job, but is three months going to make much of a difference? Also, note the last sentence.

A better headline for this story would have been, "TROOPS REACT TO LONGER TOURS". It contains only value-neutral words, and doesn't isn't contradicted by the article itself.

This is just the example of bias that popped into my head, as I usually don't pay attention to any of the TV news network. Just take a look at Fox's headlines vs. everyone else's headlines. Or the different placements used for stories. For example, CNN's lead story might be a bombing in Iraq, while Fox's lead story is something dumb a dim presidential candidate did. Is CNN trying to bury the news about the dim? Only if you think that's more important than what's going on in Iraq.

I don't think Fox is actually making stuff up--most of the time--but they are definitely inserting their own value judgements into the way they present the news. Everybody does this of course, but Fox is more brazen about it. Maybe that's a good thing, because at least they've stopped trying to deny it. Any pretense of objectivity (and, arguably, taste) went out the window when they premiered their abortion of a "right-wing version of The Daily Show". Is that thing still on?

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 02:26 PM
Thank you for bringing it back to the original poster's observation that both CNN and Fox reported on the same story, taken from the same wire service, and while CNN went with a headline along the lines of "troops' stay extended" while Fox made it sound like they'd won Powerball or something...

I don't know that it was the same story; I didn't read the CNN version. According to the Fox version (see above), it was a combined AP/Fox story, so presumably it was at least a little different than the CNN version.

Your characterization of the headline isn't too far off (:D), and the headline itself isn't really supported by the story.

Ike
4/17/2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/004152.php

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 02:46 PM
:twinkies:

Hatfield
4/17/2007, 02:49 PM
http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/004152.php

greatness.

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 07:23 PM
The mass murder on campus is the subject of another thread...and thank YOU for your analysis.

Oh, sorry. Missed this.

My analysis:

I think you're a person who spends way too much time obsessing over the so-called mainstream media's bias without recognizing the inherent contradiction of lauding Fox News as the "most watched" news channel and thinking that they're balanced.

I think you've deluded yourself into thinking that "Dim" is actually clever. By the way, the next thread you start with that particular epithet for Democrat is getting locked. As will be the next one. It's flame-baiting, and it's not allowed. Same goes for "Pube" or any epithet for "Republican" other than "GOP."

As for the topic of where Obama and Edwards and WHOEVER choose to debate, it's quite obvious that the front-running Democratic candidates don't choose to lend any validity to Fox's so-called news coverage and as such aren't participating in their charade.

Is that enough analysis for you, Bill? I generally withhold my thoughts on stuff like this, but since you asked and all...

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 07:48 PM
oh, oh! me next! analyze me!! heh.

:P

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 07:52 PM

You are an attractive, smart woman who is approaching her twenty-teens and draws cool-looking cartoons figures.

85Sooner
4/17/2007, 07:56 PM
Oh, sorry. Missed this.

My analysis:

I think you're a person who spends way too much time obsessing over the so-called mainstream media's bias without recognizing the inherent contradiction of lauding Fox News as the "most watched" news channel and thinking that they're balanced.

I think you've deluded yourself into thinking that "Dim" is actually clever. By the way, the next thread you start with that particular epithet for Democrat is getting locked. As will be the next one. It's flame-baiting, and it's not allowed. Same goes for "Pube" or any epithet for "Republican" other than "GOP."

As for the topic of where Obama and Edwards and WHOEVER choose to debate, it's quite obvious that the front-running Democratic candidates don't choose to lend any validity to Fox's so-called news coverage and as such aren't participating in their charade.

Is that enough analysis for you, Bill? I generally withhold my thoughts on stuff like this, but since you asked and all...

OK Lets try this.

Earlier in the thread I layed out the casting at fox. ( who is the leader in veiwership in cable news) maybe you were including the networks. They have the largest audience in cable news.

I do think their balanced and I challenge you to show me any network that has as balanced a news staff as fox. Unless you can do this than it is not a contradiction.

Lastly, Since it is the most watched and the country has more demopcrats than republicans it would venture to guess that alot of the audience fox serves is the democrat and moderate areas of the political spectrum.

For the leaders in the democratic race to toss that opportunity away because of the ilks of the moveon.org crowd is IMO silly. As for the"news"
you show yourself as describing it as foxes "so called" news. Your words.
Being the mod IMO is the wrong way to assert your point.

leavingthezoo
4/17/2007, 07:56 PM
wait. i'm pg? where's mah guns! :D

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 08:01 PM
OK Lets try this.

Earlier in the thread I layed out the casting at fox. ( who is the leader in veiwership in cable news) maybe you were including the networks. They have the largest audience in cable news.

I do think their balanced and I challenge you to show me any network that has as balanced a news staff as fox. Unless you can do this than it is not a contradiction.

Lastly, Since it is the most watched and the country has more demopcrats than republicans it would venture to guess that alot of the audience fox serves is the democrat and moderate areas of the political spectrum.

For the leaders in the democratic race to toss that opportunity away because of the ilks of the moveon.org crowd is IMO silly. As for the"news"

here's the problem with your perspective.......its just that......your perspective is biased, as is my own.....but for someone that leans to the left, they wont see what you see..........its not a crack on you, or them....it just has to do with what suits one person and what doesnt

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 08:07 PM
OK Lets try this.

1. That's awesome that they have the "largest viewership among cable networks." Since I wasn't talking to you about being obssessed with the mainstream media (unless you're RLIMC) then there's nothing here worth addressing.

2. That's great you think that Fox is balanced. I happen to think you're wrong. I looked at your list from earlier, and I'll do to you exactly what you'd do to a similar list-dismiss it with a snort.

3. That's nice.

4. Being the mod has nothing to do with my point. Being the mod has everything to do with shutting down flame-bait threads. I'm giving fair warning, something I didn't have to do.

4/17/2007, 08:14 PM
Oh, sorry. Missed this.

My analysis:

Is that enough analysis for you, Bill? I generally withhold my thoughts on stuff like this, but since you asked and all...My goodness, somebody got there little feathers ruffled. Go ahead with your power trip.

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks. I don't actually need your permission to close your flame-bait up, but I'm glad I have it.

Here's a clue: don't whine about me not giving my analysis unless you really want me to give it.

4/17/2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks. I don't actually need your permission to close your flame-bait up, but I'm glad I have it.

Here's a clue: don't whine about me not giving my analysis unless you really want me to give it.I was ribbing you, 'cause you were goofing around, too.(seemed to me)

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2007, 08:34 PM
I was ribbing you, 'cause you were goofing around, too.(seemed to me)

didnt you see the sign?

DONT FEED THE BEARS

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2007, 08:35 PM

If that's the case, then my apologies.

JohnnyMack
4/17/2007, 08:51 PM

Is it being my turn now?

King Crimson
4/17/2007, 09:20 PM

cough/bull****/cough.

you big-mouthed yourself into a corner and got pwned.

4/17/2007, 09:40 PM
cough/bull****/cough.

you big-mouthed yourself into a corner and got pwned. I had a power play pulled on me. Is that pwned?

Fraggle145
4/17/2007, 09:51 PM
I had a power play pulled on me. Is that pwned?

YES.

hopefully that means you will let it stop now.

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Sucks.jpg

Fraggle145
4/17/2007, 09:58 PM
Is it being my turn now?

:les: NO ITS MY TURN!!!!

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 10:05 PM
Where did my post go???

**** ****** *** ** ******* *******!

I'm not retyping that ****er. :mad: :mad: :mad:

mdklatt
4/17/2007, 10:10 PM

You've got this backwards. If it's Fox vs the "MSM", a growing majority of the country is watching the MSM instead of Fox. The moderates are tuning out Fox, just like they're starting to tune out the Republicans.

I've been saying this for awhile now: The pubs are running so far to the right that they're making it easier for the dems to run far to the left and still get the moderate vote. Good jorb, Karl Rove.

def_lazer_fc
4/18/2007, 04:08 AM
didn't know if anyone posted this yet, but some study i saw the other ranked the sources where the most informed person drew their news from. number 1 and 2 were, of course, Daily Show and Colbert Report respectively, but number 3 was O'Reilly. so, some people actually watch that program apparently. not just brain dead republican zombies. the dems should have gone on fox and ****ed **** up. figuratively.

85Sooner
4/18/2007, 07:38 AM

Here's a clue: don't whine about me not giving my analysis unless you really want me to give it.

Im waiting, what, can't do it???????????????????????

85Sooner
4/18/2007, 07:41 AM
You've got this backwards. If it's Fox vs the "MSM", a growing majority of the country is watching the MSM instead of Fox. The moderates are tuning out Fox, just like they're starting to tune out the Republicans.

I've been saying this for awhile now: The pubs are running so far to the right that they're making it easier for the dems to run far to the left and still get the moderate vote. Good jorb, Karl Rove.

The reason the repubs lost the election is because they were governing too far to the left not the right. Its not that a growing majority is starting to watch the MSM. look at the rating, the general public is starting to run from the msm.

That said Fox has the highest veiwership of and of the cable networks.

mdklatt
4/18/2007, 09:37 AM
The reason the repubs lost the election is because they were governing too far to the left not the right.

Are you high? The pubs weren't far enough to the right, so the country elected...more Democrats?

Its not that a growing majority is starting to watch the MSM. look at the rating, the general public is starting to run from the msm.

If Fox is the hightest-rated network, doesn't that make it MSM now?

Did you look at the link I posted? I did look at the ratings, and I gave you the link. Did you look at the ratings? From August 2005 to August 2006 Fox was losing viewers, while CNN and MSNBC were gaining viewers. Do you have more recent figures?

That said Fox has the highest veiwership of and of the cable networks.

Let's say a town has three fast food restaurants, with the following market share:

KFC: 40%
McDonalds: 35%
Burger King: 25%

KFC is the most popular individual restaurant, but which is more popular overall, chicken or hamburgers?

leavingthezoo
4/18/2007, 09:58 AM
mmmmmm chicken.

mmmmmmm hamburgers.

DRAW!

Hatfield
4/18/2007, 10:06 AM
mmmmmm chicken.

mmmmmmm hamburgers.

DRAW!

that's hawt

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2007, 11:10 AM
Im waiting, what, can't do it???????????????????????

Waiting for what?

Oh, sorry.

Waiting for what?????????????????????????????//??//?/?????/?/?/????!??#@??!!???

bri
4/18/2007, 12:16 PM
I had a power play pulled on me. Is that pwned?

You know, even though I'm no longer a mod, I still love it when someone bitches about deserved punishment as a "power play".

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2007, 12:21 PM
The reason the repubs lost the election is because they were governing too far to the left not the right. Its not that a growing majority is starting to watch the MSM. look at the rating, the general public is starting to run from the msm.

You're right, though I'm not sure we're going to agree on precisely what "governing to the left" means. Nonetheless, the GOP will now continue to lose elections because that style of governing that you attribute their electoral loss with is what most laypeople consider to be "conservative."

The movement has success redefined conservatism to be something that the American people do not want and have rejected...inefficient, corrupt, and intrusive government.

Yes, this is one giant *** cluster**** situation that the GOP has got itself into.

mdklatt
4/18/2007, 12:24 PM
You're right, though I'm not sure we're going to agree on precisely what "governing to the left" means. Nonetheless, the GOP will now continue to lose elections because that style of governing that you attribute their electoral loss with is what most laypeople consider to be "conservative."

Explain.

4/18/2007, 12:28 PM

The movement has success redefined conservatism to be something that the American people do not want and have rejected...inefficient, corrupt, and intrusive government.

Yes, this is one giant *** cluster**** situation that the GOP has got itself into.Revulsion of big govt., as well as MSM anti-repub hype, combined with Dem(note spelling) candidates campaigning as though they are going to be more fiscally conservative than the repubs that got ousted, are the hallmarks of the last election.

mdklatt
4/18/2007, 12:32 PM
as well as MSM anti-repub hype

Why do you hate Fox News?

Octavian
4/18/2007, 12:32 PM
Revulsion of big govt., as well as MSM anti-repub hype, combined with Dem(note spelling) candidates campaigning as though they are going to be more fiscally conservative than the repubs that got ousted, are the hallmarks of the last election.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9853/mapiraqgr0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

4/18/2007, 12:44 PM
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9853/mapiraqgr0.gif (http://imageshack.us)As reported to the country by MSM. You guys can deny it, or be really dishonest and downplay their impact on the American public. He**, you might even delude yourself that the MSM is objective, or even pro-American. It does appear to me that any criticism of their role in the influence of American voters seems to really get you guys worked up.

mdklatt
4/18/2007, 12:45 PM
As reported to the country by MSM.

Man, you really hate Fox News.

Octavian
4/18/2007, 01:01 PM
As reported to the country by MSM. You guys can deny it, or be really dishonest and downplay their impact on the American public. He**, you might even delude yourself that the MSM is objective, or even pro-American. It does appear to me that any criticism of their role in the influence of American voters seems to really get you guys worked up.

Did you hate the MSM when they covered the successful invasion? Did you hate it when they embedded field reporters and toed the company line?

How bout the fall of Baghdad? The destruction of Baathist statues? Bush's aircraft carrier landing? Did it send you over the edge?

Not even the all-powerful American MSM can hide obvious truths. Sweeping successes can't be ignored and cesspools can't be made to smell sweet.

It is what it is. If you'd rather the media just relay rosy government written statements, then you'll never like it here.

mdklatt
4/18/2007, 01:08 PM
If you'd rather the media just relay rosy government written statements, then you'll like Fox News.

Fixed. :D

The "MSM" bashers really need to figure out a logically consistent position. They simultaneously hold up Fox News as some kind of underdog, but at the same time won't hesitate to tell you how Fox kicks *** in the ratings (which isn't necessarily true), and thus represents the majority--i.e. mainstream--view in country (which also isn't necessarily true). You can't have your persecution pie and eat it, folks.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2007, 01:13 PM
You know, even though I'm no longer a mod, I still love it when someone bitches about deserved punishment as a "power play".

You're no longer a mod?

4/18/2007, 04:23 PM
Not even the all-powerful American MSM can hide obvious truths. Sweeping successes can't be ignored and cesspools can't be made to smell sweet.

It is what it is. If you'd rather the media just relay rosy government written statements, then you'll never like it here.I guess you think the MSM has done their job of reporting civic and economic, as well as humanitarian things the troops and govt. contractors have done. You, Shirley don't think they have done their job of criticizing the Iranians and other surrounding countries that have been supplying weapons and even people to try to destroy people and things within Iraq. If you believe the MSM has been objective about their war coverage, you are a lake of leftist Kool Aid. Own up to it, at least.

SoonerGirl06
4/18/2007, 09:39 PM
You know... I'd love to post a reply to this thread... but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Fraggle145
4/18/2007, 09:42 PM
Waiting for what?

Oh, sorry.

Waiting for what?????????????????????????????//??//?/?????/?/?/????!??#@??!!???

I think he is waiting for you to close this thread. I am hoping that you do. :pop:

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2007, 09:45 PM
I think he is waiting for you to close this thread. I am hoping that you do. :pop:

Oh. Yeah, I said that I'd close the next one. I kinda think it'd be weak sauce to close a thread that I'm actually posting in unless it gets downright offensive. This one hasn't passed that threshhold, and probably won't. The warning is out there-any more flame-bait in the title, and it gets the axe without a second thought.

bri
4/18/2007, 09:48 PM
Wuss. :D

4/18/2007, 11:33 PM
Oh. Yeah, I said that I'd close the next one. I kinda think it'd be weak sauce to close a thread that I'm actually posting in unless it gets downright offensive. This one hasn't passed that threshhold, and probably won't. The warning is out there-any more flame-bait in the title, and it gets the axe without a second thought.Spek! You would be exceeding your own announced parameters, and being a Ninny.

Sam Spade
4/19/2007, 01:17 PM
You're no longer a mod?
Yeah, apparently a clique of whiny, crybaby posters sent a bunch of letters to the head honcho until the head honcho felt he had to give Bri his walking papers. I won't name who those whiny, crybaby posters are, but I'll bet you can guess. :D

:pop:

Oh, and for the record, I'm with them (the whiny people.) Bri can be SUCH a MEEEANIE!

Oh. Yeah, I said that I'd close the next one. I kinda think it'd be weak sauce to close a thread that I'm actually posting in unless it gets downright offensive. This one hasn't passed that threshhold, and probably won't. The warning is out there-any more flame-bait in the title, and it gets the axe without a second thought.

Oh, yeah?! Well, your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elderberries ! And your clothes are two weeks out of fashion, but I guess we should expect those things from yet another progressive commie pinko lib...DIM!!!!!

;)