PDA

View Full Version : Halle Berry on Angelina Jolie

Widescreen
4/16/2007, 12:34 PM
No, not that way, sicko.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265876,00.html

According to the U.K.'s Chocolate magazine, Berry believes that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were wrong to have flourished their families with foreigners when so many Americans need a happy home.

"There are lots of children that need a home in America,” the mag reported her as saying. “I feel we have forgotten about our own kids. With Brad and Angelina it's whatever works for them."

A couple of things here. There's actually a magazine called Chocolate?

Also, what Halle's saying has occurred to me too. Why focus on over-seas kids when there are many children here at home that need adopting? I know a lot of people adopt from overseas but I've always assumed that there were some cost or red-tape benefits to doing so (someone please enlighten me). I wouldn't think either of those would be issues for Angelina.

jk the sooner fan
4/16/2007, 12:47 PM
No, not that way, sicko.

Also, what Halle's saying has occurred to me too. Why focus on over-seas kids when there are many children here at home that need adopting? I know a lot of people adopt from overseas but I've always assumed that there were some cost or red-tape benefits to doing so (someone please enlighten me). I wouldn't think either of those would be issues for Angelina.

my best guess is that they probably feel that there's less chance of a foreign destitute parent going after them in court for money.......where the chances of that happening here are probably pretty good

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2007, 12:49 PM

I wonder if New Orleans or Nagin are advertizers?

crawfish
4/16/2007, 01:51 PM
I'm rating this one star because the thread title didn't deliver. :mad:

Hamhock
4/16/2007, 02:08 PM
i know several people who are going oversees to avoid the issues that come with an open adoption in the US.

Frozen Sooner
4/16/2007, 02:13 PM
That seems like an awfully petty thing to nitpick over.

Sure, there's a lot of orphans here. It's also pretty likely that the infrastructure to care for them here, no matter how bad, is probably better than that in a third-world country.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 02:17 PM
I'm rating this one star because the thread title didn't deliver. :mad:

Agreed.

A neg-jihad is clearly in order.

StuIsTheMan
4/16/2007, 02:25 PM
No, not that way, sicko.

Damn I already got the box of tissues...you all really need to word your threads better...DAMN!

Viking Kitten
4/16/2007, 02:31 PM

Sure, there's a lot of orphans here. It's also pretty likely that the infrastructure to care for them here, no matter how bad, is probably better than that in a third-world country.

Word.

You know, Angelina may be a homewrecking skank, but to criticize her for the manner in which she has helped out some needy children is pretty retarded. Maybe if Halle Berry was out actually adopting homeless American kids instead hitting and running while driving drunk on Rodeo Drive, her opinion here would have some merit.

Osce0la
4/16/2007, 03:52 PM
1) as stated, thread title sooooo did not deliver

2) if Don Imus had started a magazine called Chocolate do you think it would've survived?

yermom
4/16/2007, 03:55 PM

that's what i was thinking

i haven't exactly seen American kids sitting around doing that thing where the fly lands on their eyeball without blinking

stoopified
4/16/2007, 04:20 PM
No, not that way, sicko.

Also, what Halle's saying has occurred to me too. Why focus on over-seas kids when there are many children here at home that need adopting? I know a lot of people adopt from overseas but I've always assumed that there were some cost or red-tape benefits to doing so (someone please enlighten me). I wouldn't think either of those would be issues for Angelina.Damn you ruined it for me and I was hoping for pics. :D

Soonerchaz
4/16/2007, 05:05 PM
My wife and I have a beautiful nearly 4 year old girl from Korea and we're in the process of bringing home an equally beautiful 3 year old boy from Vietnam.

As for Mrs. Berry...exactly how many of these American orphans have you personally adopted? That what I thought. And if you decide to adopt...domestic or international...then good for you.

Best I can tell about the Jolie adoption...she followed the rules. Her adoption timeline doesn't seem much different than what were following. People need to realize these "celebrity" international adoptions are a tiny minority. The main people that adopt are just average hardworking middle-class folk like you and me. Sure it's expensive (not an issue for Jolie)...but somehow that money always been there for us through our 2 adoptions. There are no shady government payouts...the money is very well spent.

Look...international adoption may not be for everyone...but it was perfect for our family. Every child deserves a family...regardless of their birth country.

Outside of marrying my amazing wife...this is the best damn thing I have ever done.

mdklatt
4/16/2007, 05:28 PM
My wife and I have a beautiful nearly 4 year old girl from Korea and we're in the process of bringing home an equally beautiful 3 year old boy from Vietnam.

Why did you choose to adopt internationally? (Not trying to start an argument, just curious.)

Soonerchaz
4/16/2007, 05:45 PM
Why did you choose to adopt internationally? (Not trying to start an argument, just curious.)

We have several friends that have adopted internationally...and they raved. We looked into domestic adoption...but it just wasn't for us.

And it doesn't hurt when you have one of the best international adoption agencies (Dillon International) in your town. These folks are saints.

That really wasn't much of an explanation. It was just the right fit for our family.

KC//CRIMSON
4/16/2007, 07:05 PM

Bingo! and we all live on the same rock anyway.:cool:

sanantoniosooner
4/16/2007, 07:13 PM
I have plans to adopt an international kid down the road. Infants in this country have many more opportunities than they do elsewhere.

Now if you want to help out kids that don't have a good shot here, try the older kids with baggage. They need the help, but it's a different thing to bring them into your home than an infant you can raise as your own. It takes a special person to foster care and adopt kids with baggage. I know several.

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 07:16 PM
1) as stated, thread title sooooo did not deliver

2) if Don Imus had started a magazine called vanilla do you think it would've survived?
fixed

StoopTroup
4/16/2007, 10:58 PM
I don't understand the deal about Angelina...

She's not that pretty and she's not that great an actress IMO....

I thought she was a knockout when she was standing next to Billy Bob Thornton...but Brad might have better feminine facial features than her...

If he'd have a sex change...I think he could give her a run for her money even...:D ;)

yermom
4/16/2007, 11:01 PM
ST sure seems to like Brad Pitt...