PDA

View Full Version : Another example of why this country needs an enema

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 10:03 AM
Slightly over half of all Americans – 52.6 percent – now receive significant income from government programs, according to an analysis by Gary Shilling, an economist in Springfield, N.J. That's up from 49.4 percent in 2000 and far above the 28.3 percent of Americans in 1950. If the trend continues, the percentage could rise within ten years to pass 55 percent, where it stood in 1980 on the eve of President's Reagan's move to scale back the size of government.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0416/p01s04-usec.html

What an appropriate way to celebrate Tax season for those of us are stupid enough to get up every morning and work our butts off just to have the money taklen away and given to good for nothings. This country needs to be purged of these programs then maybe paople wioll be so busy dealing with taken care of business that they won't spend weeks on end worrying about anna nicole, paris, primce william ,imus etc....

picasso
4/16/2007, 10:08 AM
how much they gitten up in that west verginia?

Hamhock
4/16/2007, 10:10 AM
exactly want i wanted to read on the same day i send in my extension payment!!!

bri
4/16/2007, 10:15 AM
rabble, rabble, rabble!!!

You can't blame that on Democrats, since (as you guys love to point out), we're in the minority and completely out of touch with America. So it seems to me that you've got a bunch of Republican-types that aren't really practicing what they preach. :D

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 10:20 AM

You can't blame that on Democrats, since (as you guys love to point out), we're in the minority and completely out of touch with America. So it seems to me that you've got a bunch of Republican-types that aren't really practicing what they preach. :D

you know bri, i didn't see any of my comments that were specific to either party. I am talking about anyone in this country who lives off of the hard work of others. I am sure this incudes members of every race, party, creed ,and nationality. My point is it needs to stop. Period

Scott D
4/16/2007, 10:23 AM
far be it for me to point out a technicality, but anyone on the government's payroll would qualify as that 52+%.

bri
4/16/2007, 10:37 AM
you know bri, i didn't see any of my comments that were specific to either party. I am talking about anyone in this country who lives off of the hard work of others. I am sure this incudes members of every race, party, creed ,and nationality. My point is it needs to stop. Period

You know, 85Sooner, I think anyone who can read your sig knows where you're coming from, stated or not.

picasso
4/16/2007, 10:43 AM
far be it for me to point out a technicality, but anyone on the government's payroll would qualify as that 52+%.
ummm ever heard the term big government?:D

mdklatt
4/16/2007, 10:48 AM
What an appropriate way to celebrate Tax season for those of us are stupid enough to get up every morning and work our butts off just to have the money taklen away and given to good for nothings.

I'm paid off of a NOAA grant. Am I good-for-nothing?

Tailwind
4/16/2007, 11:13 AM
I think we have enough enemas....don't you read the news?

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 11:21 AM
You know, 85Sooner, I think anyone who can read your sig knows where you're coming from, stated or not.

Not really, I think most of the repubs and dems are all big government anymore and I deplore most of them.

Hillary is simply a communist. No more, no less. She has a few cohorts that are truly from the marxist view but she pretty much puts it out there.

Okla-homey
4/16/2007, 11:21 AM
It's worth noting that a sizeable number of those receiving benefits are veterans. I think that's a pretty good value given we would all still be speaking English if the redcoats had not had their butts kicked by veterans.;)

Scott D
4/16/2007, 11:22 AM
ummm ever heard the term big government?:D

yeah but that means we'd have to actually *gasp* also blame people who get up and work hard each day..their employer just happens to be part of the U.S. Government ;)

skycat
4/16/2007, 11:27 AM
All you boomers (the baby kind, not the Sooner kind) are going to start adding to that number here soon enough.

Old people.
:mad:

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 11:59 AM
yeah but that means we'd have to actually *gasp* also blame people who get up and work hard each day..their employer just happens to be part of the U.S. Government ;)

Yeah and in this case its incompetence on boths parts

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 12:01 PM
Would student loan type people be included in this #?

Widescreen
4/16/2007, 12:22 PM
"New Deal programs persist," despite the Reagan revolution and its aftermath, says James Galbraith, an economist at the University of Texas in Austin. "They persist because they are largely successful and highly popular."
Typical UT left-wing spin. Successful? By what measure? The # of people on the dole? Highly popular? It's apparently popular to 52% of Americans.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2007, 12:27 PM

Outside of the military, Washington has never met a government program it didn't love.

We need to
1. review all programs and agencies and force them to justify their existence and kill them off if no longer valid/useful (will never happen)
2. review government give out programs, require them to justify their existence and kill them off if they are not performing (could happen, has happened)

Sadly, I agree, the repubs have turned from fiscal watchdogs to fiscal spending machines...Power corrupts...

Vote for Tancredo or Thompson in 08!

crawfish
4/16/2007, 12:32 PM

The repubs tell you they're going to cut spending and lie. The dems tell you they're going to increase spending and follow up.

I blame both parties.

Widescreen
4/16/2007, 12:37 PM
Outside of the military, Washington has never met a government program it didn't love.

We need to
1. review all programs and agencies and force them to justify their existence and kill them off if no longer valid/useful (will never happen)
2. review government give out programs, require them to justify their existence and kill them off if they are not performing (could happen, has happened)

Sadly, I agree, the repubs have turned from fiscal watchdogs to fiscal spending machines...Power corrupts...

Vote for Tancredo or Thompson in 08!
I agree 100% with everything you just said. Tancredo would be great but he has no chance of getting the nomination. Go Thompson!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2007, 12:47 PM
At least Thompson has military service...;) He was an Admiral in a Tom Clancy movie. ;)

FaninAma
4/16/2007, 12:51 PM
You can thank ol' Abe Lincoln....the champion of a strong and powerful central gubmit.

I felt obliged to toss that in the discussion since I didn't participate in Homey's last Civil War thread. Also just so Cam can continue to think I'm whacky. :D

bri
4/16/2007, 12:56 PM

Yeah, we hate the military.

http://www.truemajority.org/images/Pie2.jpg

If only we could toss those guys a few bucks...:rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2007, 12:57 PM
I was excluding the military from my comments, as I don't begrudge what is spent there...Could perhaps some better technical oversight on new weapon programs, but otherwise, good to go...

What's the "X" program?

You use "we" are you a gub'ment employee? As a former gub'ment employee, I don't begrudge the empoyees, but I do think every agency should have to justify its existence and programs and review the number of employees. Too many times, people try to increase their supervisory numbers by hiring to improve their job status and salary...I have seen and lived this...

Turd_Ferguson
4/16/2007, 12:58 PM

who made this pie chart....source?...Linky?

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 12:59 PM
At least Thompson has military service...;) He was an Admiral in a Tom Clancy movie. ;)

A Russian don't take a dump without a plan, son.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 12:59 PM
I was excluding the military from my comments, as I don't begrudge what is spent there...Could perhaps some better technical oversight on new weapon programs, but otherwise, good to go...

What's the "X" program?

Shhhh.......

Black bag stuff. Very hush, hush.

You shouldn't be looking at that.

FaninAma
4/16/2007, 01:00 PM

I have a bad feeling that "X" is going to be the fastest growing part of the budget in the future.

Mjcpr
4/16/2007, 01:02 PM
When it happens, I'm pretty sure Texas is the nation's bunghole.

OUDoc
4/16/2007, 01:06 PM
When it happens, I'm pretty sure Texas is the nation's bunghole.
Listen to him. He knows bungholes.

Osce0la
4/16/2007, 01:10 PM
ugh...my mother in law sits on her *** every day and collects money from the government. Apparently a few years ago she had a nervous breakdown at work and has since been collecting checks from the government. She is perfectly healthy and able to work, she just doesn't want to have to. Instead she would rather sit on her *** 7 days a week and do nothing - and by nothing I mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The woman actually pays people $80 every other week to come out and clean her house for her...She sleeps until about noon every day, goes to bed at about 2 AM every morning...She can't find the time or energy to get off her lazy *** for 30 minutes a day and clean, so instead she pays someone else to come cleanup for her...:mad:

Turd_Ferguson
4/16/2007, 01:15 PM

He's also been an NASCAR Commissioner. Werd.

Petro-Sooner
ugh...my mother in law sits on her *** every day and collects money from the government. Apparently a few years ago she had a nervous breakdown at work and has since been collecting checks from the government. She is perfectly healthy and able to work, she just doesn't want to have to. Instead she would rather sit on her *** 7 days a week and do nothing - and by nothing I mean N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The woman actually pays people $80 every other week to come out and clean her house for her...She sleeps until about noon every day, goes to bed at about 2 AM every morning...She can't find the time or energy to get off her lazy *** for 30 minutes a day and clean, so instead she pays someone else to come cleanup for her...:mad:

My dad rents to these types of people. As a young kid it amased me at the amount of laziness.

Mjcpr
And a manager at Wellman in Roseanne.

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 01:23 PM

I have a MIL that did the same thing. The unfortunate part is her husband has worked his butt off all of his life. I have a lot of respect for him.

OUDoc
4/16/2007, 01:24 PM
They're everywhere. It really ****es me off when they come to me looking for documentation to support them. I don't do any disability at all.

Scott D
4/16/2007, 01:29 PM
actually using the logic I've seen presented so far, I've decided to blame you doctors and your nurses along with dentists. If you people wouldn't be so selfish in upholding that Hippocratic Oath and would just let more people die instead of actually treating them for anything, then we'd have fewer old people to be on the government dole after they retire. ;)

OUDoc
4/16/2007, 01:33 PM
actually using the logic I've seen presented so far, I've decided to blame you doctors and your nurses along with dentists. If you people wouldn't be so selfish in upholding that Hippocratic Oath and would just let more people die instead of actually treating them for anything, then we'd have fewer old people to be on the government dole after they retire. ;)
The only time we doctors should accept death is when it's caused by our own incompetence!

crawfish
4/16/2007, 01:48 PM

Somebody really needs to audit Mulder's expense reports.

Okieflyer
4/16/2007, 02:03 PM
The repubs tell you they're going to cut spending and lie. The dems tell you they're going to increase spending and follow up.

I blame both parties.

Amen, brother, amen.:cool:

Oh and by the way 85Sooner, I love the sig!:D

Osce0la
4/16/2007, 02:39 PM
I have a MIL that did the same thing. The unfortunate part is her husband has worked his butt off all of his life. I have a lot of respect for him.
Her husband works his a** off as well...many times putting in 20+ hours of overtime a week. All while she stays up until 2 AM and sleeps until at least noon every day...

You know the really bad part though - her cleaning people come on Thursday, so on Wednesday she actually does get up and try to clean the house so it won't be messy when they get there :confused: So basically she pays $80 every two weeks for these people to come clean her house after she spends Wednesdays cleaning it up for them...All they have to do when they get there is dust and vacuum...that's it. She's just too damn lazy to get off her a** and vacuum and dust...