PDA

View Full Version : ** Soprano's **

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:05 PM
Looks like Christopher is da Star of dis one.

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:10 PM
Whoa - three months for Johnny Sack...

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:12 PM
Oh that was priceless (the cigarette)

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:20 PM
OMG - the Oriental guy just got dissed BIG TIME!

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:25 PM
Jeez - Geraldo.

Who's next - Rosie?

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:29 PM
That "Cleaver" coffee mug is gonna show up For Sale some place.

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:43 PM
The guy from "Wings" again!

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:45 PM
Uh oh - the Wings guy in Bing.

Is Chris about to get rubbed out?

soonerbrat
4/15/2007, 08:52 PM
bye bye Johnny Sack
did that doctor guy kill him?

and what the heck happened to Finn?

VeeJay
4/15/2007, 08:58 PM
Wow - Desmund Tutu must really be upset.

picasso
4/15/2007, 08:59 PM
how about Paulie quoting Chicago with his toast?:D

picasso
4/15/2007, 09:00 PM
Uh oh - the Wings guy in Bing.

Is Chris about to get rubbed out?
Tony knew exactly what was up with his coming to the Bing and telling his story.

Rogue
4/15/2007, 09:01 PM
My sound was all f'ed up in the hotel. But the restaurant execution scene was cool as hell.

soonerbrat
4/15/2007, 09:10 PM
anyone know what the closing song was?

AggieTool
4/15/2007, 09:16 PM
anyone know what the closing song was?

Something about chickens??:eek:

picasso
4/15/2007, 11:12 PM
and how about the Sydney Pollack appearance? I love they guy's work behind the camera.

tulsaoilerfan
4/16/2007, 12:42 AM
bye bye Johnny Sack
did that doctor guy kill him?

and what the heck happened to Finn?
I was wondering the same thing about JS, but i didn't catch the whole episode, only about 30 minutes or so thanks to the Stars

Rhino
4/16/2007, 01:36 AM
TELL HIM TO PUT IT IN THE TRUNK!

Okla-homey
4/16/2007, 07:34 AM
Methinks Phil Leotardo has just about reached his personal limit in the "taking crap from others" category. He'll either retire, or go Roman.

Viking Kitten
4/16/2007, 07:46 AM
Did you guys catch the promo for "The Making of 'Cleaver'," to air tonight at 7:45?

Christopher: "Yeah, Danny Baldwin, he's also from the streets. Of Long Island, I think." Heh.

VeeJay
4/16/2007, 08:36 AM
I'm still snickering from the treatment of the little Oriental guy onstage who pulled out his speech only to have the microphone taken from him.

picasso
4/16/2007, 08:51 AM
Methinks Phil Leotardo has just about reached his personal limit in the "taking crap from others" category. He'll either retire, or go Roman.
Roman.

XingTheRubicon
4/16/2007, 10:31 AM
"Yeahr and Issac Newton don't discover gravity if some jerkoff don't throw an apple at his head."

VeeJay
4/16/2007, 10:36 PM
how about Paulie quoting Chicago with his toast?:D

Just watched the re-run.

"Spinning Wheel" - wasn't that Blood, Sweat & Tears?

picasso
4/16/2007, 10:44 PM
Just watched the re-run.

my brother just told me the same but that song is on my Chicago's Greatest Hits. they must have done a redo. I'll look it up tomorrow.

soonerbrat
4/17/2007, 11:01 AM
Just watched the re-run.

no, it was Bo Bice ;)

yes, it was Blood Sweat & Tears

Taxman71
4/18/2007, 10:47 AM
Tony knew exactly what was up with his coming to the Bing and telling his story.
Especially, since Sil already said Chrissy doesn't come around the Bing anymore. Why would he tell Mr. Wings to meet him there? Eazy pickens for Tony.

picasso
4/18/2007, 10:51 AM
Just watched the re-run.

I figured out that I got the two mixed up due to the original Chicago singer's voice sounding similar to the BS&W guy.:)

picasso
4/22/2007, 07:05 PM
ok, who's going to die tonight? Bacala? I think Chris is going to hang around a bit longer.
does the war start tonight?

VeeJay
4/22/2007, 07:44 PM
According to Phil Leotardo, no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Somebody's going down.

Will there be fireworks at Johnny Sack's funeral?

picasso
4/22/2007, 07:51 PM
Will there be fireworks at Johnny Sack's funeral?
whooooaaaaaaaaaa...that's gotta be on tonight.

Okla-homey
4/22/2007, 10:08 PM
Hmmm. A psychopathic young Korean guy who had difficulty making friends in college. I bet they had to think long and hard about airing that one this weekend.

picasso
4/22/2007, 10:17 PM
geez, I was thinking the same thing. I just knew that guy was going to go off at some point.

I didn't think Tony could put down Paulie, for some reason I think Paulie is going to take a bullet for Tony before it's all over with.

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 10:31 AM
I don't see anyone left that Tony thinks can take over but Sil.

Therefore I predict Sil dead in one of the next two weeks.

mikeelikee
4/23/2007, 11:00 AM
Who was it that got hit at the end of the show? Looked like the Paul Castellano hit.

Hatfield
4/23/2007, 11:10 AM
it was Doc. The guy that ordered the hit where sil was present.

phil had enough of doc and is now asserting himself.

AggieTool
4/24/2007, 07:49 AM
it was Doc. The guy that ordered the hit where sil was present.

phil had enough of doc and is now asserting himself.

Did you notice the color of shoes the guy was wearing when he got back into the car after the hit?

They were white.

Ruuuuuufus
4/24/2007, 01:16 PM
The letter to Cheney was greatness.

Taxman71
4/24/2007, 05:12 PM
Did you notice the color of shoes the guy was wearing when he got back into the car after the hit?

They were white.

Didn't see that. Paulie looking to make a jump to greener pastures? Helps explain the $2k expresso machine.

JohnnyMack
4/25/2007, 09:36 AM
Nope.

Went back and watched it. You were supposed to notice that the guy dropped the gun at the scene, not his tennis shoes. Definitely not Paulie. I wouldn't be surprised though if the gun they dropped isn't a NJ gun. Pretty smooth move by Phil. Consolidates power in NYC and it gives him a reason to go after NJ.

picasso
4/25/2007, 09:38 AM
Nope.

Went back and watched it. You were supposed to notice that the guy dropped the gun at the scene, not his tennis shoes. Definitely not Paulie. I wouldn't be surprised though if the gun they dropped isn't a NJ gun. Pretty smooth move by Phil. Consolidates power in NYC and it gives him a reason to go after NJ.
well yeah, I noticed the gun was dropped, same as Bacala's hit. me thinks they have significance.

nice seeing the Big ***** again. I wonder how much money he made for that one dream scene?:D

Taxman71
4/25/2007, 11:15 AM
I think leaving the gun is standard M.O. for a mob hit. Reminds me of "leave the gun, take the cannoli" by Clemenza in Godfather I.

picasso
4/25/2007, 11:20 AM
I think leaving the gun is standard M.O. for a mob hit. Reminds me of "leave the gun, take the cannoli" by Clemenza in Godfather I.
yeah but they made it a point to show it. I know Tony Spilotro used the same pistol for many hits he made.

JohnnyMack
4/25/2007, 01:03 PM
yeah but they made it a point to show it. I know Tony Spilotro used the same pistol for many hits he made.

This may be the tin-foil hat paranoid side of me, but do you think there's any chance that that gun is the one Bobby used to kill that French Canadian *********? No way. Right?

VeeJay
4/29/2007, 07:55 PM
ttt

VeeJay
4/29/2007, 07:56 PM
I think Tony is going ballistic on somebody tonight.

Okla-homey
4/29/2007, 09:19 PM
Vito's kid took a dump in the school gym shower. Yikes.

Did you guys catch Tony telling the kid's mom that she didn't understand all what moving "entrails?":D

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 11:39 PM
Vito's kid took a dump in the school gym shower. Yikes.

Did you guys catch Tony telling the kid's mom that she didn't understand all what moving "entrails?":D

That may be the grossest thing I've ever seen on TV.

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2007, 11:44 PM
Heh. They're talking about the Rocky Mountain Academy. I have a family member who got sent there. :D

picasso
4/29/2007, 11:54 PM
I've always pulled for Tony but tonight I wouldn't have cared one bit if someone took him out. what a pathetic prick he's turned into.

picasso
4/29/2007, 11:56 PM
reminds me of John Gotti. I recall an FBI type who was watching him said one time Gotti bet a guy in his place on how quick a cockroach would get from the wall to the ceiling. what a fine figure of a man that guy was.

Okla-homey
4/30/2007, 05:27 AM
Heh. They're talking about the Rocky Mountain Academy. I have a family member who got sent there. :D

I think it's pretty cool, how those schools (like the place you mentioned) will come to your house and shang-hai the unsuspecting kid. Now that's full-service!

As Tony was describing the school, I was wondering to myself who would take the kid out there to CO or UT or wherever. You couldn't put a kid who looked like a "Puerto Rican hoo-er" on a plane and tell the kid, "now, you be a good boy and make sure you look for the nice people from Kickkidsa$$ Academy who will be waiting for you at the airport at the other end."

When the kid pooped in the shower, Mrs Homey commented, "well, he cleared out the shower now didn't he?" In a sense, he was using chemical warfare against his tormentors.;)

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 07:59 AM
Last's night's episode was one of the weakest I've seen. Was it me or did this gambling problem thing just sort of come out of nowhere? And the loss of control and whining about losing is completely out of character. The thing that has always made this show worth watching is that everything else aside, Tony has a heart. Last night he was just an a**hole.

Didn't much care for the direction either, what with all the self consciously avant garde jumpy camera work. And the subplot with Little Vito was sort of pointless, not to mention worthy of a big 'ol ewwww.

picasso
4/30/2007, 08:32 AM
I thought the same thing about his sudden gambling addiction. It was kind of like they skipped a few episodes.

I kept waiting for Tony to wake up from a dream at da beginning. And since when did all the top guys go out together like that?

DoubleDown
4/30/2007, 08:40 AM
Last's night's episode was one of the weakest I've seen. Was it me or did this gambling problem thing just sort of come out of nowhere? And the loss of control and whining about losing is completely out of character. The thing that has always made this show worth watching is that everything else aside, Tony has a heart. Last night he was just an a**hole.

Didn't much care for the direction either, what with all the self consciously avant garde jumpy camera work. And the subplot with Little Vito was sort of pointless, not to mention worthy of a big 'ol ewwww.

Couldn't agree more. And with only 5 episodes left, I was really thinking they would continue to push towards the end like they have the last few weeks (i.e. Tony's relationships with Christapha and Paulie). Last night just seemed like a waste of time.

picasso
4/30/2007, 08:45 AM
not that I really care about the goof but what happens to A.J. now that his hoochie mamma has left him? he actually seemed like he had a purpose there for a while.

JohnnyMack
4/30/2007, 09:10 AM

They've been talking about the gambling thing all season, albeit a little bit each episode.

And where the eff did the cash come from to pay Shylock back?

And how the eff did Shylock's woman die?

I'm dumb.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I guess Tony has talked a little about his dad's gambling in session with Dr. Melfi, but I just don't believe that he would implode all of the sudden like that. Tony did not get where he is by being a weak, whiny little bitch. That's AJ's job.

I had the same question about Renata. WTF? She just keeled over?

skycat
4/30/2007, 10:08 AM
Tony's been a weak, whining little bitch from the first episode. That's exactly what landed him in Dr. Melfi's office.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2007, 10:17 AM
Not in public, he hasn't.

bonkuba
4/30/2007, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=I had the same question about Renata. WTF? She just keeled over?[/QUOTE]

I am still puzzled over that to....to be honest. Maybe he was ****ed at her ruining the boat show outing with the guys (said to have a migrain remember??)??

Anyway, I do agree that this episode was a little weak. I have watched the last 10 miuntes like 5 times now to try and get a glimpse how she died (why)....driving me crazy...haha!!:D

-Sean

tulsaoilerfan
4/30/2007, 09:22 PM
Anyone else think that Tony had her killed? I also agree that this episode was pretty weak and could have cared less about little Vito and his problems

Taxman71
5/1/2007, 09:13 AM
I think this episode is just another example of the family unraveling. Last week, Tony seemed to consider whacking Paulie who is like a father to him. This week, his gambling losses led him to be at his worst to everyone around him....Carmela, Hesh, his captains, Dr. Melfi. Mob bosses rarely die of old age (unless in prison) due to these issues. It should all come together at the end.

And Tony has never gotten over whacking Tony B., nor has Phil. That should come to a head soon.

Rhino
5/1/2007, 10:46 AM
I think this episode is just another example of the family unraveling. Last week, Tony seemed to consider whacking Paulie who is like a father to him. This week, his gambling losses led him to be at his worst to everyone around him....Carmela, Hesh, his captains, Dr. Melfi. Mob bosses rarely die of old age (unless in prison) due to these issues. It should all come together at the end.

And Tony has never gotten over whacking Tony B., nor has Phil. That should come to a head soon. Yep. I think it was showing how everything is wearing on Tony and falling apart under him.

Frozen Sooner
5/6/2007, 11:38 PM
Holy cow, could AJ BE a bigger wagina?

SoonerProphet
5/7/2007, 08:34 AM
Moltisanti is gonna blow.

picasso
5/7/2007, 08:47 AM
note to self: when so-called mafioso friend visits at 2 in the a.m. do not answer the door.

especially after said friend has already put a dent in your head.

mikeelikee
5/7/2007, 09:08 AM
Right on, picasso. I was impressed at how good a shot Chris was with his pistol while he was drunk on his arse.

Viking Kitten
5/7/2007, 10:47 AM
Pauly is such a *********. When he made that crack about Chris's daughter working at the Bing, I was wishing Tony would have iced him on the boat a couple weeks back.

I don't think Chris will ever turn though. I'm starting to wonder about Tony though, talking to the Feds about those Arab guys like he did.

"You know, dey was Arab. Arabians maybe."

Heh.

picasso
5/7/2007, 10:49 AM
I guess everybody is gonna die in one episode.

soonerbrat
5/7/2007, 11:02 AM
I hate Pauly. I've always hated Pauly. I can't stand his stupid hair or listening to him talk.

picasso
5/7/2007, 11:07 AM
Pauly is a great character.

You guys need to know Mob history. These people in real life are the lowest form of human being there is.
and, most mobsters shoot people in the back.

VeeJay
5/7/2007, 11:17 AM
Christopher's FIL is selling hot tools out of his store.

How does he expect the products to not be traced back to him? What - did he open up all the boxes and take out the registration cards?

Just curious.

KStatePike
5/7/2007, 05:50 PM
does anyone know how many episodes are left? Awesome episode yesterday.

JohnnyMack
5/7/2007, 08:44 PM
Christopher's FIL is selling hot tools out of his store.

How does he expect the products to not be traced back to him? What - did he open up all the boxes and take out the registration cards?

Just curious.

Cash transaction. Prove it.

AggieTool
5/7/2007, 09:17 PM
does anyone know how many episodes are left? Awesome episode yesterday.

I think they said four.:(

tulsaoilerfan
5/7/2007, 10:14 PM
Yup, 4 episodes left, and i'm wondering who will be left standing at the end

KStatePike
5/8/2007, 02:02 AM
damn it, I'm gonna be at field training for the last episode

Turd_Ferguson
5/8/2007, 05:14 AM
damn it, I'm gonna be at field training for the last episode

Three words.....Dee Vee Are.
YWIA

Viking Kitten
5/8/2007, 07:19 AM
How does a pirate catch all his favorite shows?

DV ARRRRRRR.

Oh suck it. :D

Taxman71
5/8/2007, 09:09 AM
Pauly is a great character.

You guys need to know Mob history. These people in real life are the lowest form of human being there is.
and, most mobsters shoot people in the back.
Plus, Pauly actually was a low ranking member of the NY mafia back in the day with a rap sheet to show for it.

Pauly's Rap Sheet (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/sirico/sirico.html)

VeeJay
5/8/2007, 09:20 AM
Plus, Pauly actually was a low ranking member of the NY mafia back in the day with a rap sheet to show for it.

Pauly's Rap Sheet (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/sirico/sirico.html)

"You hit them over the head with a baseball bat, and they come around."

That technique worked on the lawn maintenance guys that were working their area his guys were trying to move in on, but I recall a shovel being used instead of a baseball bat.

KStatePike
5/8/2007, 06:25 PM
Three words.....Dee Vee Are.
YWIA

that's the plan

VeeJay
5/10/2007, 12:50 PM
Christopher heard the polished guy in AA use the word "ostracize."

Later, when he was trashed, he said he's "ostrafied."