PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance question

royalfan5
4/15/2007, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking about switching my auto insurance companies this spring because I am moving away from the agent my family has always used. My question is two fold:1)What is a good site that breaks down the differences in insurance cost by vehicle, and 2) Will being over 25 with a spotless driving record(no accidents other than a parked vehicle being hit once, and I have never lost a point off my license) get me significant benefits when shopping around?

StoopTroup
4/15/2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.warrenandsons.co.za/images/Geko%201.jpg

usmc-sooner
4/15/2007, 05:20 PM
I can't help I get USAA through the military, it's the bomb.

OUHOMER
4/15/2007, 05:46 PM
No reckless driving tickets?

jk the sooner fan
4/15/2007, 05:49 PM
I can't help I get USAA through the military, it's the bomb.

ditto

yermom
4/15/2007, 06:06 PM
i need to scam my way into USAA somehow, apparently :D

i have Country for my house and car and the rates seem a lot better than anything i have been quoted, especially for the car i drive

Frozen Sooner
4/15/2007, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking about switching my auto insurance companies this spring because I am moving away from the agent my family has always used. My question is two fold:1)What is a good site that breaks down the differences in insurance cost by vehicle, and 2) Will being over 25 with a spotless driving record(no accidents other than a parked vehicle being hit once, and I have never lost a point off my license) get me significant benefits when shopping around?

1. Not really, particularly because many insurance companies base your rates in part on your credit rating. This may not make sense, but it's been actuarially verified that good credit correlates with low claims.

2. Yes. Absolutely. I've had really good luck with State Farm in their mutual program. Your mileage may vary, of course.