PDA

View Full Version : My Damned Roommates

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 12:34 PM
Generally speaking, everything with these two guys are great. I really do enjoy living with them except for one thing...

The laundry. The put their clothes into the washer and then either neglect to turn the damned washer on and wash their clothes, or leave them sitting there for days. I end up doing a significant portion of their laundry because I have to throw their **** into the dryer and then out in order to do my laundry.

It's driving me nuts.

Ike
4/15/2007, 12:39 PM
just take it out of the washer and leave it on the floor. If it's wet, then it's wet.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 12:41 PM
just take it out of the washer and leave it on the floor. If it's wet, then it's wet.
If it's wet I'll put it in the dryer for them. At the moment they haven't been washed or anything they're just sitting there. I'm not touching his nasty *** drawers.

But yeah I'm not going to do that to the guy...take his clean clothes out and throw them on teh floor.

Ike
4/15/2007, 12:44 PM
If it's wet I'll put it in the dryer for them. At the moment they haven't been washed or anything they're just sitting there. I'm not touching his nasty *** drawers.

But yeah I'm not going to do that to the guy...take his clean clothes out and throw them on teh floor.

why not...it's his responsibility to pay attention to his own damn laundry.

Mjcpr
4/15/2007, 12:45 PM
Set it on top of the washer then. I DAMN sure wouldn't do his laundry.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 12:47 PM
He'll throw his girlfriend's stuff in there sometimes too and that compounds the problem. I don't want to start grabbing up her stuff too.

royalfan5
4/15/2007, 12:48 PM
Why would they worry about doing there laundry if they know you are going to do it for them?

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 12:49 PM
Why would they worry about doing there laundry if they know you are going to do it for them?
Yes, that's a good point. I have noticed its getting worse.

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 12:51 PM
Wash his girlfriends stuff but leave his on the floor.

In fact, you might even wear her stuff around the place a little.

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:02 PM
You're definitely making matters worse for yourself if you continue to finish their laundry for them.

Personally I would put them wet in the middle of their floor with a note that read "Please finish your laundry".

Better yet, have you thought about discussing the situation with them and setting up some "House Rules"?

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:03 PM
You're definitely making matters worse for yourself if you continue to finish their laundry for them.

Personally I would put them wet in the middle of their floor with a note that read "Please finish your laundry".

Better yet, have you thought about discussing the situation with them and setting up some "House Rules"?

He owns the house so I'm hesitant to demand we establish some house rules. :D

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 01:06 PM
Dry his laundry and fold it up. Then charge him 15¢ a piece to get it back. Thats about the going rate at the washateria. If he complains about it, go ahead and give him his laundry this one time but tell him that in the future he has 3 choices:

1) Be more responsible in doing his own laundry by tending to his clothes in a timely fashion, as to prevent any further interference in the ability of others in being able to use the machines.

2) Find his washables uncompleted, in a basket that you will provide if he doesn't have one, which may cause his laundry to be wrinkled and even worse, mildewed, or...

3) Pay you to have his laundry completed.

yermom
4/15/2007, 01:09 PM
two words.

rubber. gloves.

i'm really surprised you don't just wear them all the time ;)

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:11 PM
He owns the house so I'm hesitant to demand we establish some house rules. :D

See Mama's list as well.

Do you pay part of the rent? If you do, then you have a say in what goes on in that house.

Expecting someone else to do their laundry for them without some sort of compensation for it isn't right and isn't fair.

If you don't like doing it, say something about. If not, don't complain that they continue to take advantage of the situation.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:13 PM
See Mama's list as well.

Do you pay part of the rent? If you do, then you have a say in what goes on in that house.

Expecting someone else to do their laundry for them without some sort of compensation for it isn't right and isn't fair.

If you don't like doing it, say something about. If not, don't complain that they continue to take advantage of the situation.

I've told them to do their laundry. They're cool about it but the problem. is I have to ask them each and every time. I'll bring it up again tonight.

The problem at the moment is he isn't getting home until very late tonight and I need to do laundry for tomorrow. I've decided to just throw his **** in the spare laundry basket. There are some tongs in the kitchen I'll use.

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 01:15 PM
what's the problem with touching other people's clothes? you do own hand soap, right?

hell, when i lived in the dorms I'd do that all the time. If a washer or dryer was done and nobody had shown up after 10 or 15 minutes, the clothes were going on the floor or the table. I didn't care if it was a load of boxers or if it was a load of bras.

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:16 PM
I've them to do their laundry. They're cool about it but the problem. is I have to ask them each and every time. I'll bring it up again tonight.

The problem at the moment is he isn't getting home until very late tonight and I need to do laundry for tomorrow. I've decided to just throw his **** in the spare laundry basket. There are some tongs in the kitchen I'll use.

Don't forget the clothes pin over the nose if they havent been washed yet.

Frozen Sooner
4/15/2007, 01:16 PM
You know, you COULD just take your stuff to a laundromat. I mean, you've already been just doing his laundry for him, and you seem convinced that nothing you do is going to keep him from just leaving his crap in the wash machine.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:30 PM
You know, you COULD just take your stuff to a laundromat. I mean, you've already been just doing his laundry for him, and you seem convinced that nothing you do is going to keep him from just leaving his crap in the wash machine.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I suppose I could use public transportation to get there!
Buahahahaahahahahahaahaha.

Spek.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/15/2007, 01:32 PM
It's obvious they think you are their laundry bitch. Do you do their dishes too?

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:34 PM
It's obvious they think you are their laundry bitch. Do you do their dishes too?
Not really. When they need one they clean one. For the most part we buy plastic plates and silverware so the only things needing to be washed are the cooking utensils and such. I only have one roommate who cooks so that's never an issue for me.

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 01:35 PM
You know, you COULD just take your stuff to a laundromat. I mean, you've already been just doing his laundry for him, and you seem convinced that nothing you do is going to keep him from just leaving his crap in the wash machine.Michael darling, if the price of his rent included the use of the laundry facilities then he has a right to use those machines without having to mess with someones else's laundry. Why should he be the one who has to load up his clothes and other laundry, gather all his soaps and additives, drive to the washateria and plug quarters in a machine that just had God only knows what in it, to do his laundry? Sic'Em is not the problem here. The other guy is.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:36 PM
Well, my clothes are now in the washing machine. I threw his dirty **** into a hamper.

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 01:38 PM
Well, my clothes are now in the washing machine. I threw his dirty **** into a hamper.
Okay, that was not a choice. Why do you even ask us for our advice if you are going to go way out in left field and create more problems for yourself by doing something we never suggested?

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:41 PM
Okay, that was not a choice. Why do you even ask us for our advice if you are going to go way out in left field and create more problems for yourself by doing something we never suggested?
Most of the advice involved throwing it on teh floor. I was at least nice and put it into a hamper for him!

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 01:44 PM
Most of the advice involved throwing it on teh floor. I was at least nice and put it into a hamper for him!I never told you to throw it on the floor!!
Sic'Em, somebody has to be the classy one in situations like this.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:46 PM
Well, I'm not going to do his laundry for him again. I can't ask him for fiscal compensation for the chore because that would be breaking my strict rule about never doing work and if I'm getting paid to do it then it's definitely work. Plus, I fear the Baylor stigma of putting myself in the position of being a paid laundry person.

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:48 PM
I never told you to throw it on the floor!!
Sic'Em, somebody has to be the classy one in situations like this.

Well apparently they weren't getting the message the other way. Maybe they'll get it now.

I seriously doubt his roommate will even notice what SicEm's done.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:48 PM
If this were Friday instead of Sunday then I'd just hand it off to the campus laundry service.

Basically, they have golf carts stationed around campus. You drop your laundry off to them and then they bring it back clean.

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:50 PM
Well, I'm not going to do his laundry for him again. I can't ask him for fiscal compensation for the chore because that would be breaking my strict rule about never doing work and if I'm getting paid to do it then it's definitely work. Plus, I fear the Baylor stigma of putting myself in the position of being a paid laundry person.

You never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 01:51 PM
Okay, that was not a choice. Why do you even ask us for our advice if you are going to go way out in left field and create more problems for yourself by doing something we never suggested?are you new to SicEm threads? this is what he does. He complains, we tell him what to do, he ignores us and complains about what happens, and we tell him he's a woman.

...actually, i'm starting to rethink that, though. I don't know ANY women who would put up with the kind of **** SicEm does.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 01:52 PM
Hey, I was asking for advice I was just complaining! :D
Giving you all a glimpse into a day in the life of you will....;)

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 01:57 PM
Well apparently they weren't getting the message the other way. Maybe they'll get it now.

I seriously doubt his roommate will even notice what SicEm's done.What other way? He didn't even try my suggestion. It was at least worth a try. Its always been my experience that its best to try to settle problems in an amicable way before stooping down to someones else's level.

SoonerGirl06
4/15/2007, 01:59 PM
What other way? He didn't try my suggestion. It was at least worth a try. Its always been my experience that its best to try to settle problems in an amicable way before stooping down to someones else's level.

I completely agree.

I doubt SicEm will let it get to a point where it's no longer an amicable situation.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 02:00 PM
Oh they're very easy going guys. Especially this guy. As was suggested, I doubt he'll even notice.

I'll do this...after this load is finished i'll throw his back in there.

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 02:15 PM
Oh they're very easy going guys. Especially this guy. As was suggested, I doubt he'll even notice.

I'll do this...after this load is finished i'll throw his back in there.gee, i wonder why you're having a problem :rolleyes:

Fraggle145
4/15/2007, 02:21 PM
Personnaly when I had roommates and they didnt wash their clothes or their dishes and I got tired of it.. I just threw it on their bed then they had to deal with it if they wanted to sleep. They might have even had to wash their sheets 1st, to get the food off if it was dishes.

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 02:21 PM

I'll do this...after this load is finished i'll throw his back in there.

From now on, if you want advice from me, it will be 15¢ a word.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 02:55 PM
From now on, if you want advice from me, it will be 15¢ a word.
You're undercharging.

Frozen Sooner
4/15/2007, 03:16 PM
Michael darling, if the price of his rent included the use of the laundry facilities then he has a right to use those machines without having to mess with someones else's laundry. Why should he be the one who has to load up his clothes and other laundry, gather all his soaps and additives, drive to the washateria and plug quarters in a machine that just had God only knows what in it, to do his laundry? Sic'Em is not the problem here. The other guy is.

I was attempting to work within the constraints of the problem.

Sic 'Em has stated a couple of boundary conditions:

1. That his roommates will continue this behavior no matter how much he tells them not to.
2. That he would prefer to do someone else's laundry rather than confront them.

The fact that it is Sic 'Em places some other boundaries on the problem:

1. He is too much of a wuss to do something about it.
2. He's too prissy to touch someone else's dirty laundry.

Therefore, I proposed a solution that would get Sic 'Em's laundry clean.

Obviously, the roommates are in the wrong and he shouldn't have to launder his stuff at a laundromat. However, the roommates aren't going to change their behavior unless Sic 'Em changes the boundary conditions of the problem. What he just did (i.e.-placing the laundry back in their hamper) is simply passive-aggressive BS.

royalfan5
4/15/2007, 03:21 PM
I was attempting to work within the constraints of the problem.

Sic 'Em has stated a couple of boundary conditions:

1. That his roommates will continue this behavior no matter how much he tells them not to.
2. That he would prefer to do someone else's laundry rather than confront them.

The fact that it is Sic 'Em places some other boundaries on the problem:

1. He is too much of a wuss to do something about it.
2. He's too prissy to touch someone else's dirty laundry.

Therefore, I proposed a solution that would get Sic 'Em's laundry clean.

Obviously, the roommates are in the wrong and he shouldn't have to launder his stuff at a laundromat. However, the roommates aren't going to change their behavior unless Sic 'Em changes the boundary conditions of the problem. What he just did (i.e.-placing the laundry back in their hamper) is simply passive-aggressive BS.
My old roommate was passive-aggressive. It got to the point that he went 4 months without saying anything to me because he was mad about something. Sic-em is well on his way to that if he keeps this behavior up. Passive-Aggressive never wins, because regular aggressive will always take the iniative.

yermom
4/15/2007, 03:23 PM
yeah, but going to the laundromat costs him extra time and money, not to mention having to press the flesh with a lower class of people

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 03:24 PM
My old roommate was passive-aggressive. It got to the point that he went 4 months without saying anything to me because he was mad about something. Sic-em is well on his way to that if he keeps this behavior up. Passive-Aggressive never wins, because regular aggressive will always take the iniative.dude, well on his way? he went to lunch with his ex-girlfriend that he's in love with and her fiance. he's already there.

Frozen Sooner
4/15/2007, 03:24 PM
Exactly. He's well on his way to making his future husband's life miserable.

royalfan5
4/15/2007, 03:25 PM
dude, well on his way? he went to lunch with his ex-girlfriend that he's in love with and her fiance. he's already there.
Well my old roommate also likes ****, so he isn't that far yet.

SicEmBaylor
4/15/2007, 03:27 PM
yeah, but going to the laundromat costs him extra time and money, not to mention having to press the flesh with a lower class of people
50% of what you said is 100% of my problem with laundromats.

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 03:39 PM
I'm going to go ahead and suggest that testicular growth is the solution to all of Sic'ems problems.

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 03:54 PM
he's not a woman, he's a eunuch

tommieharris91
4/15/2007, 04:05 PM
I'm going to go ahead and suggest that testicular growth is the solution to all of Sic'ems problems.

Did you just realize this, or are you saying it out loud?

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 04:07 PM
Did you just realize this, or are you saying it out loud?
Just trying to reduce the "variety" of suggestions down to a common denominator.

proud gonzo
4/15/2007, 04:15 PM
oh, i thought we'd already established that

OCUDad
4/15/2007, 04:50 PM
Michael darling...HEY!!! Just a d--n minute here! She never calls me "darling." What's Mike got that I haven't got?

never mind, I don't want to hear from Michael Darling right now...

Oh, and SicEm, please grow a pair and just toss their laundry aside, wet or dry. Throw it in a hamper or basket if you're afraid of mildew, but just get it the heck out of the way amd move on. This is nowhere near as interesting a discussion as Branson.

whatsername
4/16/2007, 06:25 AM
I think Sic'Em should throw his dirty clothes in the washer without running it and see what the roommate does.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/16/2007, 09:19 AM
You people that actually believe this crap are cracking...me...up.

Scott D
4/16/2007, 09:22 AM
Yes, that's a good point. I have noticed its getting worse.

seriously, just buy a dress, and make an appointment to get your man parts which are obviously minute removed. You are going to be a great politician since you have being someone's bitch down.

Petro-Sooner
4/16/2007, 10:03 AM
I've never understood the problem with laundry. I mean it takes a whole ten seconds to put the stuff in, turn the knob, put the soap in and then walk away. Its not like its the plunge and scrub method of 100 yrs. ago. Even if you dont like folding it. Throw it in the corner of the room. At least its clean. Balls up Sicem and tell them what for.

TexasLidig8r
4/16/2007, 10:08 AM
Sic: "Roomie, I know you own the house and respect that, but, we have a bit of a situation here."

Roomie: "Onward Christian soldiers.... marching off.. "

Sic: "Ok.. focus here Sparky."

Roomie: "What Sic? I just got some great cookie and milk in."

Sic: "You leave undone laundry in the washing machine and it inconveniences me again, I WILL have sex with your girlfriend."

Roomie: "uhhh..."

Sic: "And.. if HER stuff is left in the there, I will have sex with her in the arse. Do we have an understanding now?!"

You're welcome Sic.

85Sooner
4/16/2007, 10:08 AM
two words.

rubber. gloves.

i'm really surprised you don't just wear them all the time ;)

ONE WORD.

BLEACH and lots of it.

olevetonahill
4/16/2007, 10:12 AM
Sic: "Roomie, I know you own the house and respect that, but, we have a bit of a situation here."

Roomie: "Onward Christian soldiers.... marching off.. "

Sic: "Ok.. focus here Sparky."

Roomie: "What Sic? I just got some great cookie and milk in."

Sic: "You leave undone laundry in the washing machine and it inconveniences me again, I WILL have sex with your girlfriend."

Sic: "And.. if HER stuff is left in the there, I will have sex with her in the arse. Do we have an understanding now?!"

You're welcome Sic.

Just like a damn :texan:
You assume Sic has a real weiness to even be ABLE to have secs

SoonerJack
4/16/2007, 10:54 AM
Sicem, here's another idea. Fold the laundry without washing/drying it. They'll think you're doing thema favor until they get a wiff of themselves.