PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to the Hornets...

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 09:59 PM
...thay have been great for OKC and our state...I love those guys...

bri
4/14/2007, 10:14 PM
So, do the "Loud City Limits" banners go to NOLA with the team, or will OKC just insist that any future NBA team wear teal and gold so they can re-use them? :D

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 10:16 PM
the "banner' stays in the Ford Center forever...

bri
4/14/2007, 10:19 PM
well, I hope they at least roll 'em up into the rafters like they did the CHL banners. They'd look silly hanging up in front of an empty upper bowl during the next monster truck rally or whatever.

Come to think of it, they looked a little silly hanging up in front of an empty upper bowl during the Hornets game I went to last week...:D

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 10:36 PM
WHY oh WHY are some of you anti-Hornets....I do not get it...It is great for the metro... I do not get it.....

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 10:38 PM
WHY oh WHY are some of you anti-Hornets....I do not get it...It is great for the metro... I do not get it.....
'cuz not everybody lives the Metro or cares about it one way or another.

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 10:39 PM
Locally, We Do.....

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 10:41 PM
It's pretty good for the state I guess only OKC made it into an OKC not a state thing but I suppose that probably has more to do with the nature of an NBA team.

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 10:43 PM
It's pretty good for the state I guess only OKC made it into an OKC not a state thing but I suppose that probably has more to do with the nature of an NBA team.

I do not speak gibberish...what is good for OKC is good for Oklahoma...

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 10:44 PM
I do not speak gibberish...what is good for OKC is good for Oklahoma...
Hah.

bri
4/14/2007, 10:59 PM
You're right. And losing an NBA team IS good for Oklahoma. :D

SteelClip49
4/14/2007, 11:26 PM
People wasted too much time and money into Hornets gear and actually believing they were going to stay. The games were fun and all that but 2 seasons they had their chances at the postseason and blew it. Yes they had significant injuries but people actually believed they were going to stay here permanently. The great thing out of all of this was I got to see my Clippers a few times!!!!! Damn that recent loss though. Ah well, Clippers are still in the hunt for that final 8 spot.

Shinn family will soon realize that no one will give a darn about the Hornets. All Louisiana cares about is Tigger and Saints football. Hell, when the Jazz left for Salt Lake City, fans just gave up hope.

Hornets were better off here but Bennett will get the Sonics here and local Hornet fans will soon change teams.

Ash
4/15/2007, 12:43 AM
The support that people here showed the team really spoke well for OKC and Oklahoma in general.

Players had great things to say about it. Even the nitwits at ESPN have generally had nothing but good things to say about the fans and community.

I hope we do get a pro team, not to visit but to stay.