PDA

View Full Version : Olevet I got car problems

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 12:45 PM
1999 chrysler sebring 2.5 L v6

"OK, Daughter was driving home and engine just quit. she said it acted like it ran out of gas or just loss power. upon inspection it was almost out of OIL.(see below), had gas. engine does turn over but wont fire. I did hook up a OBSII the only code i got was lean fuel mixture. I could not get a code to popup on the dash. Timing belt?

recent history.less than a month ago 3/13/07 She let it over heat due to No antifreeze. spent $1300 for the following. replace head gasket on both banks, machine head and replaced, water pump replaced, thermostat replaced, coolant tube replaced, antifreeze replaced, oil and oil filter"

Rogue
4/14/2007, 12:46 PM
Combat vet, former cop, marryin' minister, and now a mechanic too?
This Olevet guy is a complicated feller.

SoonerTerry
4/14/2007, 12:46 PM
...... don't believe the mechanic when he says "this will only hurt for a little while"..

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:00 PM
1999 chrysler sebring 2.5 L v6

"OK, Daughter was driving home and engine just quit. she said it acted like it ran out of gas or just loss power. upon inspection it was almost out of OIL.(see below), had gas. engine does turn over but wont fire. I did hook up a OBSII the only code i got was lean fuel mixture. I could not get a code to popup on the dash. Timing belt?

recent history.less than a month ago 3/13/07 She let it over heat due to No antifreeze. spent $1300 for the following. replace head gasket on both banks, machine head and replaced, water pump replaced, thermostat replaced, coolant tube replaced, antifreeze replaced, oil and oil filter"
How many miles ?
And when you had all that done they didnt check/replace the timing belt ?
I assume youve refilled the Oil , I think that model has an auto shut off when the oil gets low
Do you have an old spark plug handy , if so cut the ground prong off stick in a plug wire and check for fire .

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:00 PM
Combat vet, former cop, marryin' minister, and now a mechanic too?
This Olevet guy is a complicated feller.
Dont ferget it either ;)

StoopTroup
4/14/2007, 01:02 PM
Once he sets it on fire...what should he do?

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:04 PM
Once he sets it on fire...what should he do?
Well DUH
Collect the Insurance .:D

StoopTroup
4/14/2007, 01:06 PM
Well done.

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:08 PM
wife is on the phone, Another family emergency., Anyway A guy from firestone help push her car out of the road and he checked the oil and said the same thing about the auto shut off when it gets low on oil. but yea we put oil in it. does it reset itself? I will have to go find an old plug in a minute.

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:10 PM
Oh yea 98000 miles on the pos

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:13 PM
Oh yea 98000 miles on the pos
Take the oil filler cap off ,look down inside see if you can see a rocker arm , have some one turn the engine over If the rocker moves it aint the timing .

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:15 PM
It moves, i was watching it the other day after we put oil in it. how does the oil sensor reset?

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:15 PM
Oh and if its empty or almost on oil in less than 30 days something aint right .
When Ya get it going again teach her how to check the fluids , save your self some money . :eek:

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:17 PM
It moves, i was watching it the other day after we put oil in it. how does the oil sensor reset?
Oil preesure , if its full just turn it over till you Know its picked up the oil . Have to be at least 5to 10 lbs of pressure

sanantoniosooner
4/14/2007, 01:17 PM
You have to read poetry to it.

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:20 PM
will when it over heated, it almost blew the engine. the mechanic who worked on it said we low compression in 1 cylinder and thought maybe a ring froze up on it. I assumed we are getting blow by. But it doesnt smoke that bad. I have not noticed any oil leaks

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:21 PM
Ok, i am going out there and cranking on it. hopefully it will build some oil pressure.

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:22 PM
You have to read poetry to it.

Oh i have been reciting some okie poetry to it alright. must be the wrong kind

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:26 PM
will when it over heated, it almost blew the engine. the mechanic who worked on it said we low compression in 1 cylinder and thought maybe a ring froze up on it. I assumed we are getting blow by. But it doesnt smoke that bad. I have not noticed any oil leaks
You aint gonna like this next thought
If you had low comp on 1 cylnder you may have Low comp on all of em now . very low comp will not let it start . Pull alll the plugs on the easiest side to get to . move the wires out of the way . place your finger Over each plug hole , have some crank it . If it dont blow your finger away from the hole you got major probs .:eek:

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 01:32 PM
wonderful. Thanks Olevet, My son will be home soon, i will go pull the plugs.

I guess i will crank on it for a while to see if I can build oil pressure first.

I will let you know

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 01:37 PM
wonderful. Thanks Olevet, My son will be home soon, i will go pull the plugs.

I guess i will crank on it for a while to see if I can build oil pressure first.

I will let you know
It aint sounding good , If you do end up needing an engine let me know , Ill see if I cant hook you up on the cheap .

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 02:20 PM
OK, next ideal, How can i test the fuel pump? also i cranked on it until the oil light went off, I assume that means it generated enough oil pressure. By the way the damn spark plugs on this thing are buried 4" down into the valve cover. i think when i get them out i can still put my hand over the valve cover to see if there is any compression.
I pulled 1 of the timing chain change covers and the belt looks ok to me and is rotating the cam, at least on the front side that i can see.

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 02:20 PM
The OSBII did give me a code for lean fuel mixture, could that mean its not getting fuel?

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 02:26 PM
The OSBII did give me a code for lean fuel mixture, could that mean its not getting fuel?
Prolly not , Not to sound wierd or anything but have you Visualy check the fuel . IE make sure she didnt run outta gas to ?

To check the fuel pump just go to the cap take it Off , stick yer ear to the hole have some one turn the key on If tou hear a whirin noise for a few secs yer pump os working .

OUHOMER
4/14/2007, 02:33 PM
LOL, When she called to tell me she was broke down, she said she just put in $5 worth of gas, Plus I put in about 2 to 3 gal. Ok, I was wondering about the fuel pump, filter etc.

Flagstaffsooner
Olevet also does prostrate exams.;)

olevetonahill
Go to an Oriellys
they have rental tools , Basicly you buy the damn thing thrn get ur money back wehen you return it . Rent their Compressin gauge . gheck all the cyls you can then let mr know . If the comp aint above 90 or so you got Probs
Try to read ther cyls in order down each side IE 246
I can tel you more then .
l

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 02:34 PM
Not me thats 1TC .
I do Gyno exams and free breast exams tho .

Zbird
4/14/2007, 07:41 PM

With the dipstick from a 99 Chrysler Sebring.

Mjcpr
4/14/2007, 08:14 PM
With the dipstick from a 99 Chrysler Sebring.

Homer ain't gonna like that kinda talk about his progeny.

:D

StoopTroup
4/15/2007, 05:23 PM
This won't end well...

OUHOMER
4/15/2007, 05:29 PM
I gave up trying to figure this POS out. My spark plug wrench wont even take out the spark plugs. they are buried 4 inches into the valve cover. my socket wont fit thru the hole.

Olevet, I am taking it to the local shop tomorrow.

olevetonahill
4/15/2007, 05:31 PM
I gave up trying to figure this POS out. My spark plug wrench wont even take out the spark plugs. they are buried 4 inches into the valve cover. my socket wont fit thru the hole.

Olevet, I am taking it to the local shop tomorrow.
Good luck Bro

stoops the eternal pimp
4/15/2007, 05:37 PM
Vet, do you have a shop?

I was in town the other day and was wondering

olevetonahill
4/15/2007, 05:47 PM
Vet, do you have a shop?

I was in town the other day and was wondering
Yup
But I dont open it up much anymore , I mainly go down and work on my 60 T-bird a lil and drink beer . ;)

dolemitesooner
4/15/2007, 06:42 PM
Olevet I am having trouble with getting it up in the sack could you give me a common remedy to help with that?

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 06:47 PM
Let yermom be the french maid for a while.

dolemitesooner
4/15/2007, 06:49 PM
HE IS THE PROBLEM ...I SAID i COULD NOT GET IT UP IN THE SACK i MEAN **** **** DAMN COME ON HERE LISTEN

Newbomb Turk
4/15/2007, 06:51 PM
have him try the Tiger Woods costume.

BajaOklahoma
4/15/2007, 06:54 PM
Yup
But I dont open it up much anymore , I mainly go down and work on my 60 T-bird a lil and drink beer . ;)

My uncle had a 55 T-bird - original paint and interior. He sold right before I turned 16 - and never told me it was for sale. :mad: :mad: :mad:
If the man wasn't already dead....... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
My older son has promised that he will find an old one and restore it for me someday. Hopefully, before I die.

OUHOMER
4/18/2007, 04:21 PM
Distributer $600.00...... so $2000.00 in his POS in the last 34 days

olevetonahill
4/18/2007, 04:30 PM
Distributer $600.00...... so $2000.00 in his POS in the last 34 days
Bro I just shot you a pm
\ My cost MAX is 230 . Hell For gas and beer Id come put it in !:D

Petro-Sooner
4/18/2007, 04:42 PM
I recently had my fuel pump replaced. Of course this is in the gas tank. 3/4 of a tank of gas gone. SOBs left it bone dry. Is this common practice? I mean they bent me over they didnt even have the common courtesy to put a gallon back in.

olevetonahill
4/18/2007, 04:47 PM
I recently had my fuel pump replaced. Of course this is in the gas tank. 3/4 of a tank of gas gone. SOBs left it bone dry. Is this common practice? I mean they bent me over they didnt even have the common courtesy to put a gallon back in.
I dont do it . I make sure your fuel is clean , then put it back , with a new filter what kinda car ? the most I think Ive ever charged was somewhere around 400 .

Rogue
4/18/2007, 07:29 PM
I wish olevet lived in Tennessee sometimes.