PDA

View Full Version : Eddie looking for a job?

Flagstaffsooner
4/14/2007, 05:32 AM
http://rox.com/frames1/016/240/willworkforbooze.jpg

Wichita State vacancy might interest Eddie Sutton

By The Associated Press
Staff Writer

STILLWATER — A week after he said comments on a radio show were misinterpreted and he probably would never coach again, former Oklahoma State basketball coach Eddie Sutton said he would consider coaching again under the right circumstances.

Sutton possibly returning to coaching became a hot topic Friday after he told the Wichita Eagle he would listen if Wichita State were interested. Sutton said he doubts Wichita State will call. He says it's unlikely he will coach again.But Friday night, Sutton told The Oklahoman he hasn't completely dismissed coaching again.
"I certainly would listen if it was an opportunity where I liked the people and you had an opportunity to win,” Sutton said. "I wouldn't go anywhere you didn't have a chance to win. But in all likelihood, that's not going to happen.”
Sutton, 71, took a medical leave a year ago after an alcohol-related automobile accident. Three months later, he announced his retirement as OSU coach..
"I'm not satisfied with the way I left it,” Sutton told the Wichita Eagle. "That's one reason I want to go back. I want to show people that I have my life straightened out. ... I can coach as well as I ever have.”
Sutton said Friday night he doubts he will coach again. An Associated Press story said Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall, a candidate for the WSU vacancy, was in Wichita on Friday to talk with players.
But Sutton's comments on son Scott Sutton removing his name for consideration on the WSU vacancy led to questions whether he would consider coaching again.
"I told the reporter Scott has so much loyalty, and I've seen coaches who were miserable after leaving a place where they were happy,” Eddie Sutton said. "That's when he asked, ‘How about you?' I told him, ‘(Wichita State athletic director) Jim Schaus is going to hire a young coach.'
"The (writer) kept pressing and asked, ‘What if they really came after you?' I told him, ‘I would listen.' ”
Sutton compiled a 798-315 record in 37 seasons at Creighton, Arkansas, Kentucky and OSU.
"Even if I tried to coach again, Patsy might not go with me. That could be a problem,” Sutton said, laughing. "I really don't think I'll have to worry about it. I don't think I'll be getting any calls.”Sutton attended several of his sons' games at OSU (Sean) and Oral Roberts (Scott).
"Even if I never get back into coaching, I know one thing, I won't watch nearly as many games (in person) where Sean and Scott are coaching,” Sutton said. "Last year was the most miserable year. "After coaching for 47 years, I felt helpless (watching from the stands). Next year, I might have to move to another state during basketball.”

No offense WSU.:D

goingoneight
4/15/2007, 08:46 PM
What seems to be the officer, problem??? (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2019467099)

Scott D
4/15/2007, 09:10 PM
I thought this was a thread about the Jim Beam Distillery needing a new taste tester.

Cam
4/15/2007, 09:34 PM
But that would take away from his tanning bed time...

Ash
4/15/2007, 09:39 PM
But that would take away from his tanning bed time...

It's going to be hard trying to figure out a way to incorporate Beam taster and professional tanner into a lucrative golden years career.

:twinkies:

Ash
4/15/2007, 09:40 PM
I think he wants to hit the 800 mark and get into the HOF bad enough to try another stint.

jdsooner
4/16/2007, 09:24 PM
Eddie must be hitting the bottle again if he thinks someone is going to hire him.

goingoneight
4/16/2007, 11:54 PM
Oh, there are schools who would hire him in an instant and forget this ever happened... much like OSU after his reputation as a cheater elsewhere. It's about wins, and Athletic Departments don't fire out money needlessly. Theer are many schools that will laugh at him, but equally as many or more will fire their all time winningest coach to be a part of a coach's 800th win; which I am convinced that is what this "taking another job" is all about.