PDA

View Full Version : Miami FB lays down the law!!!

Ash
4/14/2007, 12:17 AM
If you break the rules at the U, you have to live on campus!

Take that, wrongdoers!

And, you can't wear a hat inside the football building!:confused:

The Canes are Serious (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2836060)

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 12:22 AM
Looks like Les Miles might pick up all the thugs in Miami's recruiting base, now. :D

:les: ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US!!!

Ash
4/14/2007, 12:36 AM
Looks like Les Miles might pick up all the thugs in Miami's recruiting base, now. :D

:les: ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US!!!

Heh.

:les: I CAN'T ****ING BELIEVE IT! THEY BANED HATS!

birddog
4/14/2007, 12:45 AM
i'm stoked about going home to watch that game. i've never seen the canes up-close and personal before. granted it's not the canes of old but it'll still be an intense game.

Ash
4/14/2007, 12:51 AM
i'm stoked about going home to watch that game. i've never seen the canes up-close and personal before. granted it's not the canes of old but it'll still be an intense game.

You're right, not the powerhouse of old, but they've still got plenty of talent on the team. And I think they'll be pumped to play.

I think it's going to be a good game.

monty
4/14/2007, 03:06 AM
You're right, not the powerhouse of old, but they've still got plenty of talent on the team. And I think they'll be pumped to play.

I think it's going to be a good game.

Lets not forget that we were quite the powerhouse then too. It was that funky voodoo curse they stumbled across. Whatever it was, it was effective.

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 03:13 AM
Do they play FSU as their first game? FSU, despite their recent slump, is a good defensive team usually, and should be a good measuring stick to see how intense Tha U will be.

Flagstaffsooner
4/14/2007, 05:44 AM
Shannon introduced the entire team to his brand of discipline: If a player fails to maintain a 2.5 grade-point average, he must live on campus. If Shannon's phone rings after midnight about any player, that player doesn't play the next game. Hats may not be worn inside the football building or at team meals.
That ought to put the fear of God into them.:rolleyes:

MamaMia
4/15/2007, 10:01 AM
That ought to put the fear of God into them.:rolleyes: Yeah, I'll bet they're really shaking in their cleats now. :D

Seamus
4/15/2007, 12:52 PM
Wonder what the gun policy is -- no gats bigger than a 9mm?

MiccoMacey
4/15/2007, 01:05 PM
Miami will be talented on offense. They return eight starters, I believe. They lose a RB and a top WR, and I think one OLineman.

And Shannon is defensive coach. They'll be salty.

OKC-SLC
4/15/2007, 08:00 PM
If a Miami player injures another with gunplay such that the victim requires more than 23 hrs in a hospital setting, said player will not start the next game against a non-competitive team.

noleamite
4/15/2007, 08:10 PM
Do they play FSU as their first game? FSU, despite their recent slump, is a good defensive team usually, and should be a good measuring stick to see how intense Tha U will be.

We are back to playing Miami in the middle of the schedule in october. Miami will always bring it defensively their offense is what has caused them to struggle in recent years. They should be improved on offense with probable starting QB Kirby Freeman and Baby J (Javaris James nephew of Edgerin James) starting at RB.

Should be a good ballgame.

picasso
4/15/2007, 09:11 PM
they will bring speed and give us all that we want.

Ash
4/15/2007, 09:35 PM
Not only talented, but more disciplined... :eek:

All_Day_28
4/15/2007, 11:53 PM
Do they play FSU as their first game?
no

insuranceman_22
4/16/2007, 12:55 AM
they will bring speed and give us all that we want.

And they'll have a GPA over 2.5!

I was at the last Canes - Sooners match up in Norman. Intensity was high, had a fight in the pre-game (well sort of), the Boz was rumbling. But I'm really hoping for a different ending this time around. Their D will be tough, but so is ours. I also believe we hold an advantage on offense, even with a new starting QB. Damn I'm ready for that game to get here. Been holding this grudge for 20+ years, I'm ready to excercise it!

pb4ou
4/16/2007, 01:15 AM
agreed

BoomerJack
4/16/2007, 01:05 PM
"If Shannon's phone rings after midnight about any player, that player doesn't play the next game."

Would that be Eastern time or Pacific time??

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 02:30 PM
"If Shannon's phone rings after midnight about any player, that player doesn't play the next game."

Would that be Eastern time or Pacific time??

Aloha.

AimForCenterMass
4/16/2007, 08:10 PM
I don't see how keeping a 2.5 GPA would be a problem. Don't the UM football players automatically receive 4.0s just for making the team? Does anyone remember Frank Gore? That guy couldn't even read!

John Kochtoston
4/16/2007, 10:58 PM
That ought to put the fear of God into them.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember another coach with Miami ties trying the "no hat" thing. Results on the field were lacking, to say the least.

Desert Sapper
4/17/2007, 03:58 PM
Randy Shannon is the real deal. The last time the Canes had any discipline, Jimmy Johnson led them to a national title. Some people may point to 2001, but that team was just embarrassingly talented and had a tough-azz Randy Shannon D. It won't be a pushover coming into Norman. The D is very good and the O is very talented. QB is about the only question mark for the U.

MiccoMacey
4/18/2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I remember another coach with Miami ties trying the "no hat" thing. Results on the field were lacking, to say the least.

I love the name, BTW. A great movie.

RedstickSooner
4/18/2007, 04:21 PM
I like this snippet from Maisel: "Shannon's ability as a coach and his relationship with his players ranked high among the reasons that Miami, having fired head coach Larry Coker, promoted an assistant off of Coker's staff (try to recall the last time any school did that)."

Hmm. Lessee. The last time a school promoted an assistant to head coach. Well, now... Better put on my thinking cap.

Gee, whiz, Batman -- isn't that how they got the astonishing services of Coker in the first place?