PDA

View Full Version : 1997 NU vs MU on ESPNU

Mjcpr
4/13/2007, 11:14 PM
Was watching a little of that earlier thinking it might be the 5th Down game....it wasn't.

But they were running the scores from around the country as they did during the actual game, which I always find interesting on those classics games. Anyway, they got to the Big 12. We got beat 30-7 that day. By 23rd ranked aggy. At home.

Oh what a horrible footbal decade that was.

SicEmBaylor
4/13/2007, 11:27 PM
Did we win? I believe '97 was our last good year. I think that's the year we last beat UT in the Teaff Memorial Game.

Mjcpr
4/13/2007, 11:28 PM
I think I saw their score but I don't remember if they won......I'm thinking no.

I know, I was shocked too.

SicEmBaylor
4/13/2007, 11:33 PM
I think I saw their score but I don't remember if they won......I'm thinking no.

I know, I was shocked too.

Hah.

bluedogok
4/14/2007, 12:00 AM
What was the special thing about the 97 NU-MU game? I remember watching the end of that game at Chili's on Ed Noble Parkway with my dad after our game.

Funny thing about that era, the restaurants weren't as busy before/after games and it allowed my dad to finally get season tickets. The purging of the infidels (the ones who were bought tickets for the social/business aspect only) allowed more "true fans" access to the tickets. THAT is about the only redeeming thing from that era.

oklaclarinet
4/14/2007, 12:51 AM
That was the "kicked ball" game. Nebraska ties the game at the end of regulation after a receiver catches a ball that bounced off the foot of another player, and they went on to win in OT.