PDA

View Full Version : Adrian: High Risk

Lucky4
4/13/2007, 05:11 PM
There is a story on Adrian that is currently (as of 5pm Friday) on Yahoo's front page, written by a Miami sportswriter, in which he states that Nelson Peterson was in prison for selling drugs (wasn't he in for money laundering?) and that Adrian broke his collarbone by (of course) diving in celebration.

Can any ****** off the street be a writer these days? I just wish for once that these journalists would do some effing research for a change.

*Link* (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-peterson041207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

[/rant]

Sooner7dust
4/13/2007, 05:24 PM
There is a story on Adrian that is currently (as of 5pm Friday) on Yahoo's front page, written by a Miami sportswriter, in which he states that Nelson Peterson was in prison for selling drugs (wasn't he in for money laundering?) and that Adrian broke his collarbone by (of course) diving in celebration.

Can any ****** off the street be a writer these days? I just wish for once that these journalists would do some effing research for a change.

*Link* (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-peterson041207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

[/rant]

I agree...It also reads that he went to high school in Dallas.

Doged
4/13/2007, 05:40 PM
Poorly researched, but at least it wasn't a slam piece. The concerns he highlights are legit for teams looking at AD. Of course I strongly believe the upside far outweighs any of the concerns, but I'm biased. ;)

piusbovis
4/13/2007, 05:57 PM
I did like the bit about the agent having prepared a scrapbook for Peterson's dad...that was a nice gesture.

OK2U
4/13/2007, 05:57 PM
The only person who "dove" in that play was the defender who tripped him up and cause him to fall awkwardly.

Ash
4/13/2007, 09:20 PM
As the draft gets closer, some of the stars will be bashed and suddenly Slow McButterfingers from Jacked Up State is the best thing since sliced bread and will surprise people by moving up a bazillion slots in the draft because some team is thinking of some trade or whatever...

It's at this point that I wish the damn draft would get done.

goingoneight
4/13/2007, 10:26 PM
So... if Adrian Peterson played for Texas or USC, his injuries would have been considered "freak accidents" and his father's mistakes would have been considered "irrelevant." NFL franchises are not stupid, they're not talking **** about AD up in their quiet little offices. In fact, many owners agents and NFL players have described him as "polite," and "classy." But I guess people like Jerry Jones have never been heard of before. :rolleyes:

Color me biased, but it seems to me that just about the only reliable source for Sooner-related information anymore is from the Sooner-lovin' media. I mean, no one takes Blevins seriously, but Al Eschback, James Hale, FSN... the usual Sooner cover... ers may hype a lot, but it's always far more accurate than the rest of these ******rockets calling themselves "reporters." If you can read through the coach's speak and hype, Sooner media ain't so bad.

Remeber when ESPN was "reporting" that AD had already signed with an NFL agent during the Missouri game? :rolleyes: Remember when the whorn lovers were saying he'd never play another down for OU again because "he never really liked it there anyway..." How truly accurate of OU information can you actually get outside of Sooner media these days?

I can say that whilst Jim Traber calls me a gutless, spineless, worthless human being... I'm getting more useful and accurate information off of message boards than I'm getting anywhere else.

All_Day_28
4/14/2007, 01:37 AM
speeking of which.. AD came into Dillard's (where I work) yesterday.. he was real cool.. very humble.. just bought himself a new $130,000 BMW... and about to buy his dad one.. doesn't really matter if he's a risk.. he's paid...

rainiersooner
4/14/2007, 01:38 AM
I can say that whilst Jim Traber calls me a gutless, spineless, worthless human being...

When did that happen?

Harry Beanbag
4/14/2007, 02:21 AM
I still remember this:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/uploads/880/F47613.jpg

Life is too short.

My favorite pic of the last few years:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img7784943.jpg

Dude's gonna be a stud in the League. I'm just happy we could consider him a Sooner the last 3 seasons.

OK2U
4/14/2007, 05:01 AM
Also a favorite pic' of mine. Stoops is a great coach...you can see the love there. Nothing will make you buy into a program like knowing that your coach is there regardless

Flagstaffsooner
4/14/2007, 05:38 AM
Can someone explain to me the diff between a Miami Sportswriter and a Miami Crime writer.

soonerloyal
4/14/2007, 09:30 AM
I still remember this:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/uploads/880/F47613.jpg

Life is too short.

My favorite pic of the last few years:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img7784943.jpg

Dude's gonna be a stud in the League. I'm just happy we could consider him a Sooner the last 3 seasons.

Thanks for those, especially the second one. I have to admit though, it hurts my eyes to see AD wearing the Army patches LOL.

SoonerRoads
4/14/2007, 06:41 PM
The ONLY risk that AD is, is that he might be injury prone. I truly hope not, all past occurences to the contrary, cause you gotta love the kid.

Just my take.

sooner94
4/14/2007, 06:47 PM
Is that Mo Dampeer in the US Army pic with AD?

Jello Biafra
4/14/2007, 09:39 PM

roflmao......

SoonerRoads
4/15/2007, 08:31 AM
The only person who "dove" in that play was the defender who tripped him up and cause him to fall awkwardly.

That's true and what a "freak" thing to have happen...to land on the point of your shoulder, after all the hits that kid had taken, and break your collarbone? I can still see it and I still cannot believe it.

stoopified
4/15/2007, 08:35 AM

[/rant] Well your first mistake is confusing sportswriers with journalists. :D Sportsriters deal in opinions (largley biased) and journalists deal with facts (supposedly).Admittedly the line gets blurrier every day.

badger
4/15/2007, 09:39 AM
its written in a way that isn't negative. it just shows some of the concerns people investing millions in one player might have.

chill, man :)

SoonerRoads
4/15/2007, 01:38 PM
its written in a way that isn't negative. it just shows some of the concerns people investing millions in one player might have.

chill, man :)

And rightfully so. If I was thinking of giving a young man millions upon millions of dollars to play for me.........I might be concerned that he had missed at least part of the last three seasons with injuries, no matter who he was or is. I can remember Tony Mandarich, a behemoth of an offensive tackle out of Mich State who was supposed to be a "can't miss". They paid him millions and even without injury, he turned out to be a draft "bust". So if I were an NFL owner, would I be less concerned about AD? No, I would look very carefully before I took that leap, though the kid's heart is bigger than the state of Texas. If I thought he even tended to be the least bit injury prone, I would be very, very careful.

Just my take.

starrca23
4/15/2007, 10:13 PM
You can have your take, just don't get it from some dork who doesn't even know where the kid went to high school. I know there will be questions about his durability, but the potential questioning of his character and that his dad might be a problem, give me a break.

Ash
4/15/2007, 10:20 PM
And rightfully so. If I was thinking of giving a young man millions upon millions of dollars to play for me.........I might be concerned that he had missed at least part of the last three seasons with injuries, no matter who he was or is. I can remember Tony Mandarich, a behemoth of an offensive tackle out of Mich State who was supposed to be a "can't miss". They paid him millions and even without injury, he turned out to be a draft "bust". So if I were an NFL owner, would I be less concerned about AD? No, I would look very carefully before I took that leap, though the kid's heart is bigger than the state of Texas. If I thought he even tended to be the least bit injury prone, I would be very, very careful.

Just my take.

Unless you're the Lions with Millen at the helm, then you'd throw money at the first wide receiver that crossed your path no matter what.

goingoneight
4/15/2007, 11:46 PM
When did that happen?

He refers to everyone on message boards that way.

goingoneight
4/15/2007, 11:47 PM

No, It's Phil Loadholdt wearing his purple JUCO uniform.

Tear Down This Wall
4/16/2007, 03:15 PM
Can any ****** off the street be a writer these days? *Link* (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-peterson041207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

[/rant]

Yes. Welcome to the internet.