PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow

starrca23
4/13/2007, 09:23 AM
Okay, so I hate it when people make statements like this, but here I go anyway:
My boss has a good friend that is on the NCAA minor infractions-compliance comittee. My boss has asked him several times over the past 15 years about different situations and he always declines to speak saying it wouldn't be professional to comment. However, he told my boss to "watch out" about the OU situation. The first comment he has ever made about any situation. I know this is a bunch of hear say, but I have a bad feeling that they may have uncovered more stuff than we know about. Please feel free to tell me I am over reacting and that everything will be okay.

OU-HSV
4/13/2007, 09:40 AM
My boss has a good friend that is on the NCAA minor infractions-compliance comittee. My boss has asked him several times over the past 15 years about different situations and he always declines to speak saying it wouldn't be professional to comment. However, he told my boss to "watch out" about the OU situation. The first comment he has ever made about any situation. I know this is a bunch of hear say, but I have a bad feeling that they may have uncovered more stuff than we know about. Please feel free to tell me I am over reacting and that everything will be okay.
Hear say is hard to believe since it comes out wrong most of the time.
Let's hope this hear say is just another case of coming out wrong. Oh, and watch out cause if your boss' friend finds out you posted anything about this on here, he may try to have your boss put you on "probation" or something like that. ;)

starrca23
4/13/2007, 10:47 AM
I hope you are right hsv, maybe I will loose my texting at work rights.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/13/2007, 11:25 AM
I'll play the "worst case" game:

1 year television and bowl ban. Lose a total of 17 scholarships (since 17 players worked there over a 5 year period... I can see the NCAA using that "logic" :rolleyes:). No off-campus recruiting by the coaches, since they "clearly" were responsible for not keeping a closer watch on their players.

Oh, and this is just enough to send Stoops over the edge and he says to heck with it and bolts to the NFL.

Embrace this.

Believe that it will indeed happen.

(Then what actually happens tomorrow or a couple weeks later won't be so bad.)

Sooner in Tampa
4/13/2007, 11:27 AM
The next time he passes on some of his infinite wisdom like "Watch out"

Just tell him "**** Off Dip****

swardboy
4/13/2007, 12:18 PM
So is tomorrow the day we actually get the NCAA's final word on the matter? Sorry for being so ignorant...or is there an appeal process of some sort?

poke4christ
4/13/2007, 12:22 PM
Tomorrows the hearing, but I don't know if everything that happens will be public. Plus, I'm not really sure if they will have any decision made tomorrow. Does anybody know exactly what's up with this? The local media hasn't said jack about it.

MojoRisen
4/13/2007, 12:30 PM
The NCAA will not bone us- if they do they can expect reprocution. Unless there is evidence of wrong doing that I am not aware of.

Reprocution

Doged
4/13/2007, 12:34 PM
Don't worry too much about there being new infractions that we haven't heard about. As I understand it, the full findings from the investigations have already been disclosed and this meeting is only to determine what additional sanctions will be levied.

Whatever added sanctions they put in place won't make much sense. Any players who want to will still be able to submit falsified employment documents. About the only way you can prevent that beyond not allowing them to work at all is to make it clear to them that if they cheat on their employment and are caught it will cost them their scholly.

birddog
4/13/2007, 12:37 PM
Reprocution

who?

Seamus
4/13/2007, 01:03 PM
If they bone us, it could be an interesting test case, given Boren's conviction that we did what was right.

chantundefeated
4/13/2007, 02:05 PM
On the subject of hearsay, around campus throughout the season, I heard that there were going to be around 40 players suspended including like 18 of 22 starters. I also heard that peterson was going to be suspended for most of the Big 12 season...I think that your boss's friend was probably just trying to mess with him...

sooner94
4/13/2007, 02:54 PM
I heard from my best friend's sister's cousin's brother's neighbor's mother that Ferris Bueller passed out at 31 Flavors last night.

the_ouskull
4/13/2007, 04:44 PM
Oh Em Gee !!!! Is he dead?

the_ouskull

MiccoMacey
4/13/2007, 06:50 PM
If memory serves me correctly, they appear tomorrow but final word on any sentencing won't come for another month or two.

poke4christ
4/13/2007, 07:13 PM
If memory serves me correctly, they appear tomorrow but final word on any sentencing won't come for another month or two.

ty

AlbqSooner
4/13/2007, 07:59 PM
The general rule is that it is 30-60 days after the hearing before decisions are announced. I read that recently from some source that I considered credible. Unfortunately I did not make a sufficient mental note to tell you, at this time, what that source was. With OU they may make an exception and reserve announcing the decision until the day before Fall practice.

arklahoman36
4/13/2007, 08:17 PM
The general rule is that it is 30-60 days after the hearing before decisions are announced. I read that recently from some source that I considered credible. Unfortunately I did not make a sufficient mental note to tell you, at this time, what that source was. With OU they may make an exception and reserve announcing the decision until the day before Fall practice.

I can't tell you the date of the story (actually I think it was in more than one story) in the Tulsa World. But they were quoting sources that said 60-90 days.

And sometimes it does stretch out longer. It seems like it was much longer than 60-90 days from the time Arkansas appeared before the infractions committee before its punishment was handed down.

But, I think there were also some other significant investigations into other programs going on at the time. With the USC investigation on hold with lawsuits, and a lack of cooperation, maybe we'll get word quicker.

MamaMia
4/13/2007, 09:03 PM
Okay, now I'm all worried. Thank you! :(

oumartin
4/13/2007, 09:20 PM
Don't worry mama! You made it through the 90's right? It can't get much worse

OUDoc
4/13/2007, 09:27 PM
Don't worry mama! You made it through the 90's right? It can't get much worse
Yes, the late 80's. The late 80's were worse NCAA-wise. The 90's were because of the late 80's.:O

goingoneight
4/13/2007, 09:41 PM

I'm giving your good friend a http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif for the aggy bait. :mad:

Don't worry, starca23... Stoops has nothing to gain by telling people it will all be alright, and he's said several times that they feel their case is solid and that the matter was handled properly. I'll bet this thing drags out for another few months before they make some compliance staff changes and lose maybe a few schoolys at most. If we get bent over by the NCAA, I'm a firm believer that Boren is ****ed off enough to counter-sue.

oumartin
4/13/2007, 09:56 PM
yes i was referring to the awful football that was played at times! :D

AzianSooner
4/13/2007, 10:17 PM
I would 100 time worry if I an USC fan.

oumartin
4/13/2007, 10:42 PM
why? have they even been mentioned breaking ncaa rules?
we all know they have but I dont' recall hearing them mentioned.

goingoneight
4/13/2007, 11:28 PM
I would 100 time worry if I an USC fan.

Watch South Carolina get in trouble for this. :D

:les: SCAPEGOAT!!!