PDA

View Full Version : SF in SO has become a place where...

Soonerus
4/13/2007, 12:00 AM
...posters can come to the board and seek strength for troubles in their lives...that is a powerful and good thing IMO....

Tailwind
4/13/2007, 12:05 AM
It is that.

yermom
4/13/2007, 12:08 AM
yeah, even as much as we seem to hate each other at times ;)

Soonerus
4/13/2007, 12:09 AM
I have been so impressed by the group support on this page for true problems...really awesome...beautiful...

rufnek05
4/13/2007, 12:32 AM
yeah, its awesome what people can do when other people are in need. shows the true character of most people on here.

Soonerus
4/13/2007, 12:35 AM
yeah, its awesome what people can do when other people are in need. shows the true character of most people on here.

Exactly, despite all of the postering and b.s. there are a lot of really good people on this board...

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 01:04 AM
I tell ya one of my favorite things is that there is such a diversity of opinions here, or maybe just a lot that are different than mine on some things! But, we all learn from eachother and can agree to disagree. It is nice to have that as a friend group. People who may not believe what you believe but can respect you.

I think one of the big problems in America lately has been what I call "The demise of the bowling league..." Nobody knows their neighbors anymore or make friends with people that may be different even though EVERYONE has some common ground no matter what. Nobody goes out with a set group of people just to interact as a family although you may not be "family." Maybe the message board is the new bowling league??

I will just say I am glad I learned of this place (mad spek to yermom) It is another family that I can relate to.

yermom
4/13/2007, 01:13 AM
yeah, i've kinda thought something similar about the bowling league thing

and sorry guys, it's true, i did tell Fraggle about this place :O

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 01:29 AM
yeah, i've kinda thought something similar about the bowling league thing

and sorry guys, it's true, i did tell Fraggle about this place :O

:eek: didnt mean to let the cat out of the bag ;)

olevetonahill
4/13/2007, 01:47 AM
:eek: didnt mean to let the cat out of the bag ;)
So both Yall are
BUSTED
lol
welcome aboard .

soonerboomer93
4/13/2007, 01:50 AM
**** off, dip ****s...

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 01:54 AM
**** off, dip ****s...

********... and I'm spent. :eek:

tommieharris91
4/13/2007, 02:30 AM
Well... my parents have always welcomed new neighbors into my neighborhood with open arms. Some of my best friends now are people that I grew up with on my street.

I'm glad I found the SO, though. I enjoy many of the debates I've had. Can we have a bowling league or weeky poker game or something like that though?

soonerboomer93
4/13/2007, 03:26 AM
OUT

:D

olevetonahill
4/13/2007, 04:48 AM
Well... my parents have always welcomed new neighbors into my neighborhood with open arms. Some of my best friends now are people that I grew up with on my street.

I'm glad I found the SO, though. I enjoy many of the debates I've had. Can we have a bowling league or weeky poker game or something like that though?
Poker Game ? Im In .

Okla-homey
4/13/2007, 06:02 AM
I tell ya one of my favorite things is that there is such a diversity of opinions here, or maybe just a lot that are different than mine on some things! But, we all learn from eachother and can agree to disagree. It is nice to have that as a friend group. People who may not believe what you believe but can respect you.

I think one of the big problems in America lately has been what I call "The demise of the bowling league..." Nobody knows their neighbors anymore or make friends with people that may be different even though EVERYONE has some common ground no matter what. Nobody goes out with a set group of people just to interact as a family although you may not be "family." Maybe the message board is the new bowling league??

I will just say I am glad I learned of this place (mad spek to yermom) It is another family that I can relate to.

Don't forget the former weekly confabs at barber shops. Back in the day, a man could discuss his issues with his barber and his pals while waiting for a trim on Saturday morning. Them days is over now that we all just go to Nappy Cutz or a big-box haircutting place.

4/13/2007, 06:39 AM
Newcastle had an old-school barber shop when I lived there nine years ago. Hot towel/straight razor stuff. Coffee pot always on. For ten bucks, you got the hair cut, shave and more bullsh*t than you could handle.;)

Terrible hair cuts, but I wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

Okla-homey
4/13/2007, 06:52 AM
Newcastle had an old-school barber shop when I lived there nine years ago. Hot towel/straight razor stuff. Coffee pot always on. For ten bucks, you got the hair cut, shave and more bullsh*t than you could handle.;)

dang straight, an hour in a hometown barbershop back in the day could lead to the solutions for all a feller's problems -- offered by people who actually might have given a ****e.

I'd rather listen to BS in one of the last great American barbershops in Ardmore than just about anything else that doesn't involve alcohol or secks.
In case you're wondering, Mitchell's Barber Shop, 540 12th Ave NW, ArdVegas, OK.

Xstnlsooner
4/13/2007, 07:28 AM
I appreciate the banter and the guarantee of good humor! I can always
log on and find some thread that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.
Sometimes, we do take ourselves and our opinions too seriously,
but that's okay too. Here's to South Oval! PROST!

TUSooner
4/13/2007, 08:05 AM
Exactly, despite all of the postering and b.s. there are a lot of really good people on this board...

It's true. And I must remember that when I am heaping sarcasm or contempt on somebody I disagree with but who I know to be a decent person. :O

C&CDean
4/13/2007, 08:19 AM
I pretty much hate all you ****ers and wouldn't rely on a single shred of advice I've heard on the S.O.

SoonerJack
4/13/2007, 08:25 AM

Did they have a copy of Playboy in the magazine rack, right between the copy of Life and Saturday Evening Post, so the younger, less learned customers might begin their quest of bewbie knowledge? :eek:

TUSooner
4/13/2007, 08:36 AM
Did they have a copy of Playboy in the magazine rack, right between the copy of Life and Saturday Evening Post, so the younger, less learned customers might begin their quest of bewbie knowledge? :eek:
I saw my first Playboy in the barber shop aboard USS NEREUS (AS-17, a subtender in port at San Diego). My doctor dad was the ship's Medical Officer. I must have been about 9. Dad took it out of my hands and told the barber I was "just getting a little embarrassed" but I was NOT embarrassed. I was really enjoying it, and I knew I had detected something I would enjoy the rest of my life. :)

BTW, 8's are wild! This is my 8888th post.

dolemitesooner
4/13/2007, 10:10 AM
I still hate

Soonerus
4/13/2007, 11:38 PM
I pretty much hate all you ****ers and wouldn't rely on a single shred of advice I've heard on the S.O.

But you love to hate so it fulfilling your needs...

SicEmBaylor
4/13/2007, 11:43 PM
I'm a fan of you people.

Soonerus
4/13/2007, 11:48 PM
Interesting the parallels being drawn to internet and prior forms of normal socialization...I have come to believe this phenomenon is occurring with our kids...and maybe us too...

KC//CRIMSON
4/14/2007, 12:18 AM
I have been so impressed by the group support on this page for true problems...really awesome...beautiful...

you're not going to start crying are you?:mack:

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 12:19 AM
I'll tell you the thing that I like about this place, and God knows I BS a lot but I'm being completely serious about this.

It honestly gives me an opportunity to associate with people that I'd probably never...ever...come into contact with in any social setting. I'm not saying that insultingly I'm just saying that it thrusts different people together who wouldn't normally associate.

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 12:24 AM
I'll tell you the thing that I like about this place, and God knows I BS a lot but I'm being completely serious about this.

It honestly gives me an opportunity to associate with people that I'd probably never...ever...come into contact with in any social setting. I'm not saying that insultingly I'm just saying that it thrusts different people together who wouldn't normally associate.

Agreed, that is one of the beauties, an even playing field for discussion between a lot of people who otherwise would never have an occasion or opportunity to converse and the hierarchy is fairly limited...That is something I enjoy...

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 12:29 AM
Agreed, that is one of the beauties, an even playing field for discussion between a lot of people who otherwise would never have an occasion or opportunity to converse and hierarchy is fairly limited...That is something I enjoy...
Am I at the pinnacle of the hierarchy?

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 12:30 AM
base...sorry

Tailwind
4/14/2007, 12:36 AM
Those at the pinnacle often get nosebleeds.

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2007, 12:41 AM
base...sorry
I hate you bastards.

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 12:43 AM
I hate you bastards.

What do you expect for a Baylor guy on SF ???

soonerboomer93
4/14/2007, 12:51 AM
Coming to the SO is kinda like watching Springer

i get to look at sorry sacks of **** and feel better about myself...

:pop:

Ike
4/14/2007, 01:49 AM
this thread is like oprah on the innerweb.

I may like you people but geez...get a grip :D

OCUDad
4/14/2007, 03:28 AM
Grip this, Einstein. :D

olevetonahill
4/14/2007, 11:46 AM
Grip this, Einstein. :D
I aint playing touchy feely with any of you bastages .
Now the Girls are a differant story .

Rogue
4/14/2007, 12:12 PM
Don't think this means we're gonna start swapping spit in the shower. :texan:

We really do have a feeling of 'community' here. Outside of my little cul-de-sac in the oldest town in Tennessee (where we gather almost every evening just after dinner in the summertime to "visit" which is only a pain in the *** if you aren't in the mood or come home late and have to swerve around neighbors congregated in the street), this place is rare.

Good on all-a-y'all.

Soonerus
4/14/2007, 10:15 PM
I know it has been an amazing response !!!!

Cam
4/15/2007, 10:10 AM
I like debating so that I can learn other points of view. Anything to provoke a person to think and actually use their brain is a-ok by me.

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 10:26 AM
I like debating so that I can learn other points of view. Anything to provoke a person to think and actually use their brain is a-ok by me.
That is such BS.

Cam
4/15/2007, 11:19 AM
That is such BS.
Ok, care to share why you think that?

sanantoniosooner
4/15/2007, 11:31 AM
Ok, care to share why you think that?
I refuse to let you provoke thought, engage debate, and prove your point.

Take that.

Cam
4/15/2007, 11:40 AM
I refuse to let you provoke thought, engage debate, and prove your point.

Take that.
Cool. Had an idea that's where you were going when I saw your spek.

opksooner
4/15/2007, 01:10 PM
There is one piece of advice, offered to me here on SO from time to time, that I have accepted and found very useful.

**** off, dip ****!