PDA

View Full Version : Dean, Jerk, olevetonahill...

Rhino
4/12/2007, 01:11 PM
Your day has come.

Fred Phelps and those hate-mongering lunatic P.O.S. bastards are going to be in Norman today, picketing a memorial service of a Norman kid that died in Iraq.

link (http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/apr2007/20070411_ryan-dallam-funeral.pdf)

C&CDean
4/12/2007, 01:12 PM
Your day has come.

Fred Phelps and those hate-mongering lunatic P.O.S. bastards are going to be in Norman today, picketing a funeral of a Norman kid that died in Iraq.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/apr2007/20070411_ryan-dallam-funeral.pdf

Blocked at work. Where? When?

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 01:14 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 01:15 PM
Today.

3:45.

First Christian Church - 201 E. 2nd.

Fraggle145
4/12/2007, 01:18 PM
:mad: these people make me sick...

TopDaugIn2000
4/12/2007, 01:21 PM
I'd pay money to see this.......

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 01:24 PM
I'd pay money to see this.......
save your money for bail

Rhino
4/12/2007, 01:24 PM
Okay, I hope they're going on a wild goosechase in Noble or something - because that isn't the correct address for First Christian Church in Norman.

220 S Webster Ave. is.

Hopefully Dean can corral them out in Lexington.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 01:25 PM
cant describe the anger i feel towards those people......

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 01:28 PM
I hope someone stomps a hole in these jack@$$es!!!

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 01:29 PM
Dean can practice his spanish (http://www.godhatesfags.com/espanol/)

Ardmore_Sooner
4/12/2007, 01:29 PM
I wonder why so many people don't want to be Christians...:rolleyes:

These people make the rest of us look bad!

tommieharris91
4/12/2007, 01:30 PM
Their flyer makes not sense whatsoever. Was the soldier gay or something?

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 01:34 PM
Their flyer makes not sense whatsoever. Was the soldier gay or something?
Doesn't matter to them. It's a matter of our entire country being under judgement for allowing gays in the military.

Sick a-holes.

Rhino
4/12/2007, 01:35 PM
Their flyer makes not sense whatsoever. Was the soldier gay or something? That's their whole schtick. They believe every tragedy in the world is linked to homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

KC//CRIMSON
4/12/2007, 01:38 PM
You'll be shocked at how many young kids will be out there holding signs.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/12/2007, 01:38 PM
:confused:
That's their whole schtick. They believe every tragedy in the world is linked to homosexuality.

Fags

Ardmore_Sooner
4/12/2007, 01:40 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/WBC_-_Dead_Miners_2006.jpg

How can anyone deam this right?

Ardmore_Sooner
4/12/2007, 01:42 PM
That's their whole schtick. They believe every tragedy in the world is linked to homosexuality.

"In the wake of the tragic Amish school house shooting, members of Westboro Baptist Church planned on picketing the funerals of the five girls killed in the shooting. Their signs were going to call the girls "whores" and that they are "burning in hell". In an attempt to stop them, news radio personality/host Mike Gallagher attempted to dissuade them. After first rejecting a monetary offer, Gallagher offered them an hour of unrestricted airtime on his show. WBC accepted, and the picket was called off.[33] On October 5, 2006, members of WBC were "hosts" of the Mike Gallagher's radio show, with Gallagher giving periodic warnings to viewers that they (the members of WBC) did not represent the views of him or the station."

:eek:

crawfish
4/12/2007, 01:52 PM
Geez.

:mad:

TopDaugIn2000
4/12/2007, 01:52 PM
it's almost 2:00, anyone have an update????

rufnek05
4/12/2007, 01:55 PM
like ghandi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 01:58 PM
Goddamn mother****ers .:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Im 3an 1/2 hrs away . had I known sooner id be there and stomp me some fagass. those mother****ers need to DIE .:mad: :mad: :mad:

TopDaugIn2000
4/12/2007, 01:59 PM
HURRY OLEVET!

Rhino
4/12/2007, 02:00 PM
it's almost 2:00, anyone have an update???? The "press release" said 3:45 p.m.

pb4ou
4/12/2007, 02:00 PM
:pop:

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 02:03 PM
Okay, I hope they're going on a wild goosechase in Noble or something - because that isn't the correct address for First Christian Church in Norman.

220 S Webster Ave. is.

Hopefully Dean can corral them out in Lexington.
When those ****wads were here in Birmingham they had to protest down the street from the funerals, had they done it at the location of the funeral they would have been arrested (the whole peaceful protest thing or whatever)...

They were made to stand in a certain area during their protest, and couldn't even be seen from where the actual funeral was taking place. I am guessing that maybe that is what is going on in this instance as well...

Someone really should go down and beat the living **** out of these people. This is beyond pathetic.

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 02:04 PM
HURRY OLEVET!
Those fag mother****ers would be long gone befor I got there .:mad:
But I may make me a road trip to whereevr their church is and do me a liltel visiting.

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 02:06 PM
When those ****wads were here in Birmingham they had to protest down the street from the funerals, had they done it at the location of the funeral they would have been arrested (the whole peaceful protest thing or whatever)...

They were made to stand in a certain area during their protest, and couldn't even be seen from where the actual funeral was taking place. I am guessing that maybe that is what is going on in this instance as well...

Someone really should go down and beat the living **** out of these people. This is beyond pathetic.

If those fag ****wads ever show up down here , thats gonna be a given .
Or if some one lets me know far enough ahead of time so I can get there .
Mother****ers .:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

TopDaugIn2000
4/12/2007, 02:11 PM
But I may make me a road trip to whereevr their church is and do me a liltel visiting.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Ike
4/12/2007, 02:12 PM
someone needs to get video of this.

on second thought, maybe not...it could be used as evidence.

Rhino
4/12/2007, 02:12 PM
They were made to stand in a certain area during their protest, and couldn't even be seen from where the actual funeral was taking place. I am guessing that maybe that is what is going on in this instance as well... I finally found 2nd Street in Norman (Sooner Road & Indian Hills Rd.) and it's way northeast from where the memorial service is taking place - a good seven miles away.

bri
4/12/2007, 02:13 PM
Is anyone else enjoying olevet's near-constant use of "fags" to talk about the people who think soldiers die because of, um, fags?

I'm gonna file that under "Well Meaning, But Ultimately Missing The Point". :D

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:14 PM
I finally found 2nd Street in Norman (Sooner Road & Indian Hills Rd.) and it's way northeast from where the memorial service is taking place - a good seven miles away.
I am leaving here at 3:00

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:15 PM
I HATE THESE MOTHER ****ERS...i WILL HAVE YERMOM KEEP YOU UPDATED.

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:15 PM
I HATE THESE MOTHER ****ERS...i WILL HAVE YERMOM KEEP YOU UPDATED.

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 02:22 PM
Is anyone else enjoying olevet's near-constant use of "fags" to talk about the people who think soldiers die because of, um, fags?

Im useing the term in a slightly differant context than those asswipes do .

skycat
4/12/2007, 02:22 PM
They've been attacked and beaten a bunch of times. They'll just keep coming back. Plus, you'll probably end up in jail, and they'll pick up some cash in legal fees.

You want to get under their skin? Start talking to them. Pick out one of the younger members, but not the kids. Be calm and reasonable at first, and then start mocking them. But you have to be subtle about it. Keep a straight face, and stay calm.

I know it sounds dumb. I know it doesn't feel like an adequate response to the crap that they spew.

But I've seen these guys scores of times in my life, and that's the only thing that I've ever seen that's really bothered them.

bri
4/12/2007, 02:26 PM
I am leaving here at 3:00

Those guys are SO f*cked.

You know, as long as they don't by doleo a beer and a t-shirt...;)

royalfan5
4/12/2007, 02:26 PM
They've been attacked and beaten a bunch of times. They'll just keep coming back. Plus, you'll probably end up in jail, and they'll pick up some cash in legal fees.

You want to get under their skin? Start talking to them. Pick out one of the younger members, but not the kids. Be calm and reasonable at first, and then start mocking them. But you have to be subtle about it. Keep a straight face, and stay calm.

I know it sounds dumb. I know it doesn't feel like an adequate response to the crap that they spew.

But I've seen these guys scores of times in my life, and that's the only thing that I've ever seen that's really bothered them.
Or we could just drop a nuclear weapon on Topeka when they are home, sure there would be collateral damage but the job would be done, and do we really need Topeka?

skycat
4/12/2007, 02:28 PM
Or we could just drop a nuclear weapon on Topeka when they are home, sure there would be collateral damage but the job would be done, and do we really need Topeka?

Well, seeing as I still have a bunch of family, and a few friends there, I'd prefer a more surgical strike.

Plus, doesn't Al Gore's wife live there?

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:30 PM
So what should I do

royalfan5
4/12/2007, 02:30 PM
Well, seeing as I still have a bunch of family, and a few friends there, I'd prefer a more surgical strike.

Plus, doesn't Al Gore's wife live there?
We could warn the people that could keep a secret a head of time. But only the ones that could keep their mouths shut.

Mjcpr
4/12/2007, 02:31 PM
We could warn the people that could keep a secret a head of time. But only the ones that could keep their mouths shut.

So I guess that leaves Al Gore's wife out.

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 02:32 PM
So what should I do

Do you have a ninja costume?

bluedogok
4/12/2007, 02:33 PM
If you look at any info about them, the whole church is nothing more than family members (either born or married in) and the majority of Fred Phelps children in the church are lawyers.

JohnnyMack
So what should I do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

OUstudent4life
So what should I do

Get your soonerpimp gear on, go over there, and walk around across the street from those idiots with a sign that says "You are all my ******* " or "Does Wayne Brady have to choke a *****?"

I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

:D

dolemitesooner
**** are they in edmond?

http://www.fccedmond.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

thats the same address

yermom
4/12/2007, 02:34 PM
So what should I do

make a sign

something like GOD HATES FRED PHELPS

or maybe

FRED PHELPS IS GAY!

maybe some rainbows in there somewhere ;)

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:36 PM
I think they are in edmond

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 02:36 PM
Make a sign:

FRED PHELPS IS MY LOVER!

I BANGED FRED PHELPS!

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 02:37 PM
make a sign

something like GOD HATES FRED PHELPS

or maybe

FRED PHELPS IS GAY!

maybe some rainbows in there somewhere ;)
"Picketing Funerals is GAY"

yermom
the flyer says Norman

it would break my heart if they went to the wrong church or address ;)

dolemitesooner
There is no 2nd street in norman

royalfan5
4/12/2007, 02:38 PM
Make a sign:

FRED PHELPS IS MY LOVER!

I BANGED FRED PHELPS!
Why stop there? If somebody were to bang him, he would be a little more relaxed. Could be a win/win for Doleo.

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:40 PM
Where are they going to be?????

rufnek05
4/12/2007, 02:44 PM
people like those people remind me of the abortion people that show up infront on the south oval and have all their posters that compare it to the holocaust, ****es me off

Ardmore_Sooner
4/12/2007, 02:45 PM
Are they going to be at the church, or the service afterwards?

Mjcpr
people like those people remind me of the abortion people that show up infront on the south oval and have all their posters that compare it to the holocaust, ****es me off

South Oval posters are the worst.

You ever seen Howzit?

Complete. Dork.

C&CDean

Hey youngster, don't even go there in this thread. People who kill millions of unborn babies deserve to be compared to nazis. Just not in this thread. Dig?

rufnek05
4/12/2007, 02:46 PM
dig

dolemitesooner
4/12/2007, 02:47 PM
oK i AM GUESS THEY ARE GOING TO BE NEAR THE FIRST CHIRSITAN CHURCH IN NORMAN....SO i AM LEAVING NOW YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY AND iF i NEED BAIL MONEY HELP ME OUT

Rhino
4/12/2007, 02:51 PM
Are they going to be at the church, or the service afterwards? From my understanding, the 'funeral' today is a memorial service.

The actual funeral won't take place until his body comes back home - he'll be buried at Ft. Sill then.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 02:51 PM
They've been attacked and beaten a bunch of times.

Not hard enough, apparently.

Jimminy Crimson
4/12/2007, 02:53 PM
201 E. 2nd is the exact address of the First Christian Church of Edmond.

http://www.fccedmond.org/

I'll head that way in a bit and see if those inbreds are picketing. I wish I had a Harley so I could drown 'em out.

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 02:53 PM
201 E. 2nd is the exact address of the First Christian Church of Edmond.

http://www.fccedmond.org/

I'll head that way in a bit and see if those inbreds are picketing. I wish I had a Harley so I could drown 'em out.
you could borrow Jed's.........nevermind

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 02:55 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of ironic...

They blame fags for all of this, yet they are a group of fags - so in essence, all of this is their fault...

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 02:56 PM
oK i AM GUESS THEY ARE GOING TO BE NEAR THE FIRST CHIRSITAN CHURCH IN NORMAN....SO i AM LEAVING NOW YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY AND iF i NEED BAIL MONEY HELP ME OUT
for some reason I don't think anyone here would mind helping out to post your bail if you got a few good shots in on some of these ****ers...

yermom
4/12/2007, 02:57 PM
you know, it's always the closeted fags that hate fags so much...

http://gayspirituality.typepad.com/blog/images/03cndhaggard_190.jpg

Rhino
4/12/2007, 02:58 PM
The family has scheduled a memorial service at First Christian Church in Norman on Thursday. When the body is returned, a service will be held at Fort Sill, near Lawton, with burial at the Fort Sill National Cemetery.

I really think they just mistook the Edmond address for the Norman church.

The soldier's dad and stepmom are both teachers in Norman.

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 02:58 PM
Does that mean we have closeted ND fans on the football board?

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 02:59 PM
"Picketing Funerals is for FAGS"
that one might work a little better...

Jimminy Crimson
4/12/2007, 03:00 PM
The family has scheduled a memorial service at First Christian Church in Norman on Thursday. When the body is returned, a service will be held at Fort Sill, near Lawton, with burial at the Fort Sill National Cemetery.

I really think they just mistook the Edmond address for the Norman church.

The soldier's dad and stepmom are both teachers in Norman.

Makes sense... I guess I won't make it.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 03:01 PM
they wont get on the grounds of Fort Sill, that much i know

Rhino
4/12/2007, 03:01 PM
Makes sense... I guess I won't make it. It might be worth it to trek over to the Edmond address just to see if they're there. You can make fun of them for being at a different church in different town and take pictures for our amusement.

skycat
4/12/2007, 03:03 PM
Not hard enough, apparently.

From the wikipedia site that Rhino linked. This isn't a comprehensive list.

* During a March 26, 1993 protest at Topeka's Vintage Restaurant, a riot broke out and eight WBC members were hospitalized for various minor injuries; WBC now pickets the restaurant every day, as well as the places of business where employees went after leaving the Vintage in an attempt to escape Westboro. In addition, the congregants hold a memorial service every year on the 26th, commemorating what they refer to as "the Vintage Massacre".
* In 1994, a woman tried to run down protesters in Topeka after one of them screamed obscenities at her while her pick-up truck was parked at a stop light. She was arrested, but was later found not guilty due to temporary insanity.
* In 2003, WBC member Charles Hockenbarger, who was in his 70s at the time, had his face crushed in a beating after standing on a street corner holding a sign reading "THANK GOD FOR SEPT. 11". Hockenbarger was recovering from open heart surgery at the time and ignoring the usual doctor's orders for bed rest. Westboro posted photos of the aftermath of the attack on its homepage, claiming that the (still unidentified) perpetrator was a homosexual and that the attack had been part of a murder conspiracy to kill Hockenbarger, though offering no proof of these allegations.
* During a protest at the 2005 presidential inauguration of George W. Bush, WBC protesters were slapped, kicked and had their signs forcefully taken by other protesters.
* There have been differing reports on actions at an October 5, 2005, picket of a Wisconsin soldier's funeral. One report was that Sheriff Todd Nehls asked Paulette Phelps to move so he could protect her. Her group called him a Nazi and refused to comply. A conflicting claim put forth by members of the WBC alleges that Sheriff Nehls punched Paulette Phelps in the face. Video of the purported incident at godhatesfags.com — which claims to show Nehls striking one of the church members — is ambiguous, and at the point the purported attack takes place, the camera is pointed at the ground (indeed, large portions of the video are made up of shots of Westboro members' feet and the ground).[48]
* During a picket in Seaford, Delaware on May 21, 2006, a mob broke through police lines and tried to assault WBC members who fled into a police van. Some of the mob then began banging on the van attempting to get inside. Two windows of the van were shattered before the van could get away. Five people face criminal charges.[49]
* In 2002 Blue Valley North High School held productions of The Laramie Project play. Westboro members made it known that they were coming to picket the school. To their surprise many students cut class to meet the picketers and a small riot ensued with a few instances of car vandalism. The school later made tickets to the shows "buy ahead" in order to keep Westboro members from interrupting the play. Subsequently Phelps' website started declaring that "God Hates Blue Valley North" and proceeded to picket every year's graduation ceremony following the event.

I remember the Vintage "massacre" and the woman trying to run them down in her car like it was yesterday.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 03:03 PM
they wont get on the grounds of Fort Sill, that much i know

Maybe they'll try to and get shot by MPs. :)

Jimminy Crimson
4/12/2007, 03:06 PM
It might be worth it to trek over to the Edmond address just to see if they're there. You can make fun of them for being at a different church in different town and take pictures for our amusement.

I'm pretty close to FCC in Edmond. I'll give it a shot and see if they fugged up their information.

yermom
4/12/2007, 03:08 PM
that would be hilarious if they missed the thing because they were driving around looking for the wrong address

maybe they will run into doleo and ask for directions

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 03:28 PM
that would be hilarious if they missed the thing because they were driving around looking for the wrong address

I just looked at their web site, and they've got the correct address now.

Rhino
4/12/2007, 03:34 PM
I just looked at their web site, and they've got the correct address now. That's too bad.

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 03:35 PM
They're probably trolling this site right now, stealing information.

Fraggle145
4/12/2007, 03:37 PM
I want to hear about some beatings
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

supadaddy_me
4/12/2007, 03:39 PM
Someone needs to take pictures of there kids and tell them they are posting them on the internet for all to make fun of. Then if they come over to make you stop all you have to say is self defense after giving them the beat down.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 03:39 PM
That's too bad.

Not if Dean shows up.

Rhino
4/12/2007, 03:48 PM
Here's one way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE) of dealing with them.

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 04:02 PM
So this guy is a reverend/preacher right? And it is totally appropriate for him to refer to people as "fags" and "dykes"?

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 04:05 PM
Here's one way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE) of dealing with them.

the sign in the back that reads "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"...Seriously...they need to be shot

FirstAndGoalOU
4/12/2007, 04:05 PM
201 E. Second Street
Edmond, OK 73034 ,
That address is for the church in Edmond

Osce0la
4/12/2007, 04:06 PM
even better (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGKx2pTBQc&NR=1)

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 04:08 PM
I have a deep suspicion that this group is a propaganda tool designed to inflame passions and actually generate sympathy and support for the gay and lesbian community and discredit conservative Christian groups. In other words, I think they are frauds.

They engage in the vilest activity one could think of at a heart breaking time for families and those who support the military. They are representative of no Christian tenets that I'm aware of.

The gay and lesbian community have no more effective tool to try and paint conservative Christians who disapprove of the gay and lesbian lifestyle as intolerant than having these mental midgets parade around as "Christians" so those who support gay and lesbian rights can point to them as being representative of all conservative Christians.

Conspiratorial? Perhaps. But it is a possibility. It is also a possibility that this group is just a bunch of mentally sick freaks.

Turd_Ferguson
4/12/2007, 04:14 PM

And yet another...way (http://www.break.com/index/hard_slap_knocks_kid_out_cold.html)

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 04:17 PM
I have a deep suspicion that this group is a propaganda tool designed to inflame passions and actually generate sympathy and support for the gay and lesbian community and discredit conservative Christian groups. In other words, I think they are frauds.

I've been wondering that, too. If they are frauds, they are really damn dedicated to the cause.

bri
4/12/2007, 04:17 PM

They engage in the vilest activity one could think of at a heart breaking time for families and those who support the military. They are representative of no Christian tenets that I'm aware of.

The gay and lesbian community have no more effective tool to try and paint conservative Christians who disapprove of the gay and lesbian lifestyle as intolerant than having these mental midgets parade around as "Christians" so those who support gay and lesbian rights can point to them as being representative of all conservative Christians.

Conspiratorial? Perhaps. But it is a possibility. It is also a possibility that this group is just a bunch of mentally sick freaks.

Wow.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 04:18 PM
Wow.

it happens once a year, jk and bri share the same sentiments

Fraggle145
4/12/2007, 04:18 PM
And yet another...way (http://www.break.com/index/hard_slap_knocks_kid_out_cold.html)

I think this (http://www.break.com/index/friendslikethis.html) would be appropriate...

yermom
4/12/2007, 04:20 PM
Wow.

it's happened before :D

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video

achiro
4/12/2007, 04:23 PM
page 5 and NOW we're talkin!
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 04:26 PM

Wait, you, Mr. Tinfoil Hat himself thinks there's a conspiracy going on?

Color me shocked.

:rolleyes:

skycat
4/12/2007, 04:26 PM

Hilarious. Seriously.

You ever talked to any of these guys? Talked to the kids, or the teenagers? These people are not frauds.

Although I think it would be funny to discuss the possibility with them.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 04:30 PM

The Westboro guy almost seems like he's in on the joke.

pb4ou
4/12/2007, 04:31 PM
So, is Doleo in jail yet?

rufnek05
4/12/2007, 04:32 PM
it's happened before :D

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video

i only made it to about 15 seconds into it. what was the over message of that video?

yermom
4/12/2007, 04:33 PM
you didn't get it in 15 seconds?

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 04:33 PM
i only made it to about 15 seconds into it. what was the over message of that video?

That web site is a parody.

yermom
4/12/2007, 04:34 PM
yeah, that guy was "outed" as an actor

rufnek05
4/12/2007, 04:35 PM
That web site is a parody.

oh. the music was so bad i couldn't stand it anymore

C&CDean
4/12/2007, 04:43 PM
Meh.

I just came back from over there. Two little pencil-necked geeks that my 14 year old could kick the **** out of, two little scrawny lesbian-wannabes with Dr. Seuss hats and American flags tied to their legs, and one really ****ed up looking androgynous "something." The signs were all the normal ones - with the only one really catching my attention reading "God loves IEDs."

The actual service started at 4:30 and the place is packed. These ****wads were several blocks away at the corner of Main and I think Comanche. They were outnumbered about 75-1, and were/are as meaningless as the popcorn fart I let when I walked up.

In all honesty, I wasn't sure how I'd react. After seeing them, the only thing that went through my mind was "these people would have to do something violent towards me or somebody else there before I could crush them." I mean seriously, Sic'em coulda whipped all by himself. That's how pathetic-looking they were.

God bless the young man who died serving his country. God have mercy on the poor, pathetic, lifeless fools on the corner.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 04:47 PM
Sic'em coulda whipped all by himself. That's how pathetic-looking they were.

And if there had been a smack down I'd have joined you!
I seriously almost did get in a fight shortly after 9/11. We hadn't even bombed Afghanistan yet and the smoke was still coming up from the site when we held a pro-America rally at the steps of the Texas Capitol Building.

We were protested by something like 125 or so UT students who carried signs that said **** like, "Stop the War of Imperialism." They came up and covered themselves in fake blood and then laid on the ground with fake tombstones that read, "I represent 1,000 dead Afghan civilians."

Anyway, a friend of mine and I were pretty ****ed off and coming really close to cracking some heads but the Texas State Troopers showed up and put themselves between us and the protesters. I think if they'd taken 5 more minutes to show up there in force then there'd have been major problems.

Mjcpr
4/12/2007, 04:49 PM
Anyway, a friend of mine and I were pretty ****ed off and coming really close to cracking some heads but the Texas State Troopers showed up and put themselves between us and the protesters.

See, this is what they're talking about when they say they have to put their lives on the line on a daily basis.

KC//CRIMSON
4/12/2007, 04:49 PM

Have you read Oliver Stone's new script?

Originally Posted by FaninAma

skycat
4/12/2007, 04:53 PM
I mean seriously, Sic'em coulda whipped all by himself. That's how pathetic-looking they were.

That sounds like them alright.

I quit getting mad at those people a long time ago. I go between feeling sorry for them (especially the kids) and laughing at them now.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 04:54 PM
See, this is what they're talking about when they say they have to put their lives on the line on a daily basis.
I spoke to a couple of them. They faced the protesters not us. I think a couple of them might have said, "**** it!" and joined us if it came to blows. :D

C&CDean
4/12/2007, 04:55 PM
That sounds like them alright.

I quit getting mad at those people a long time ago. I go between feeling sorry for them (especially the kids) and laughing at them now.

It was weird really. One side of me was like "kill/maim/dismember" and the other side of me was like "what pathetic little vermin, hell, I'd feel terrible hurting those people."

It would be a lot easier if they were big, burly, ugly, or something. They're not. They're nothing.

skycat
4/12/2007, 04:57 PM
Have you read Oliver Stone's new script?

Exactly

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 04:58 PM
Dean - thanks for going....as weird as it may sound, I appreciate it

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 04:58 PM
damn double clutch

C&CDean
4/12/2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I heard you the first time.:)

bluedogok
4/12/2007, 05:23 PM
We were protested by something like 125 or so UT students who carried signs that said **** like, "Stop the War of Imperialism." They came up and covered themselves in fake blood and then laid on the ground with fake tombstones that read, "I represent 1,000 dead Afghan civilians."
There is a group of "professional" protesters that you can hire out to inflate your numbers. They travel around the state showing up at protests they are hired for. There are ads everyday in the Austin American-Statesman and Austin Chronicle looking for new recruits.

Ike
4/12/2007, 05:26 PM
There is a group of "professional" protesters that you can hire out to inflate your numbers. They travel around the state showing up at protests they are hired for. There are ads everyday in the Austin American-Statesman and Austin Chronicle looking for new recruits.
I wonder what that pays...I mean for enough money, I'll hold up a sign saying damn near anything.

But I doubt they could meet my pricing. I'd need at least a thousand per day, in addition to hazard pay rated to the level of the inflamatory nature of the sign.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 05:28 PM

Oh I know, we've had several run-ins with them.
Check your PM box in a moment.

bluedogok
4/12/2007, 05:29 PM
I can guarantee you it is lower than that, most of the "hires" are the college kids that SicEm was talking about. It may be enough beer money for the night.

They are really nothing more than protest mercenaries.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 05:30 PM
I wonder what that pays...I mean for enough money, I'll hold up a sign saying damn near anything.

But I doubt they could meet my pricing. I'd need at least a thousand per day, in addition to hazard pay rated to the level of the inflamatory nature of the sign.

They're not that hard to find. There are a core group of protesters that show up, as bluedog said, basically as protest mercenaries for whatever group needs them that particular weekend. I'm sure drugs and booze are involved.

Ike
4/12/2007, 05:31 PM
I can guarantee you it is lower than that, most of the "hires" are the college kids that SicEm was talking about. It may be enough beer money for the night.

They are really nothing more than protest mercenaries.

yeah, thats what I figured. I'm to old to sell myself out for just beer money.

bluedogok
4/12/2007, 05:36 PM
You can usually find them in any newspaper or weekly paper in any city. These are a little more than that, but I have seen the ones just looking for people to help protesting.

Here are a couple of them in The Austin Chronicle (http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/)

Job Title: ACTIVISM (http://classifieds.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/ViewAd?oid=oid%3A168439)
STOP THE BUSH AGENDA! Fight for Progressive Public Policy! Clean Water Action is hiring entry-level & experienced activists with excellent communication skills. Work outdoors, have fun & make a difference! Paid training, career growth, fun & progressive workplace! Eng/Span bilingual speakers needed! Weekends off! FT/PT & Student hours! Call Today, train tomorrow! (XXX)XXX-XXXX
posted 04/10/2007

Job Title: ACTIVISM XXX-XXX-XXXX (http://classifieds.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/ViewAd?oid=oid%3A168438)
Human Need Over Corporate Greed!! Seeking passionate, dedicated people to fill 2(two) paid campaign positions. Good communication skills are a must. M-F, 2-10 PM, $1500-$2000/Mo.+ Bonus, Full Medical Benes, Pd Train., Leadership & Travel Opps, Some College,Experience Preferred. [website link deleted]
posted 04/10/2007

Chuck Bao
4/12/2007, 05:44 PM
Major thanks to all those responsible for getting this group of wackos out of eyesight and earshot of the grieving family of the serviceman that made the ultimate sacrifice.

May God be with the family at this time.

The sooner we ignore and forget about these people the better.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2007, 09:15 PM
Being from Kansas, I think Fred Phelps has a long enough track record of this stuff to just legitimately be that sick of a ****er.

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 09:17 PM
So has uhh anyone seen :dolemite:?

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 09:20 PM
Of all the whacked out things you've posted, this has got to be top of the chart.

If this were something that just started and had only been going the last couple years, you might've been on to something. Unfortunately, these nut jobs have been going on like this for a very long time. Even more unfortunate is the publicity that the media gave them to get noticed world wide.

I think it's kind of silly that you get so bent out of shape over a few whack jobs and that you let them yank your chain. Your emotionalism is exactly what these idiots are looking for. They deserve no notice. They should be totally ignored. If they break the law or violate a restraining order then they should be sued and arrested. Plain and simple. They play on emotion and apparently you are happy to oblige them.

BTW, I stand by my comments that this group hurts Conservative Christians and actually creates sympathy for gays and lesbians.

Please continue with your outrage.

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 09:24 PM
Dean...I agree with what JK said...thanks for representing!!

God Bless this family as they grieve for a lost American Hero!!

GottaHavePride
4/12/2007, 09:25 PM
BTW, I stand by my comments that this group hurts Conservative Christians and actually creates sympathy for gays and lesbians.

Well, THAT I agree with - I think they're just too stupid to realize that they're unintentionally hurting their own "cause".

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 09:25 PM
So has uhh anyone seen :dolemite:?
Kinda what I was wondering also .
Hey Dean thanks for the report . . If thats all they got I can see why they dont show up down here . :D They be catfish **** befor the day was over .

OCUDad
4/12/2007, 09:32 PM
I'm to old to sell myself out for just beer money.Which is just about what physicists make these days. :rolleyes:

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 09:37 PM
Hilarious. Seriously.

You ever talked to any of these guys? Talked to the kids, or the teenagers? These people are not frauds.

No,I haven't talked to them. Why would you want to? I know a whole host of peopel who are institutionalized for severe mental illness. I don't plan on spending a lot of time talking to those individuals either.

Don't you think these people have heard every threat imaginable? don't you think they have probably been physically accosted? Has it made any difffernce? Why? Because it's attention they seek and as long as they get attention by provoking confrontation they will continue to do it.

Personally it's like getting into an insult battle with the village idiot....the end result of engaging people like this is that you lower yourself toward their level.

BTW, the reason I proposed that this group was a bunch of frauds is because they are a caricature of how a lot of liberals want to portray conservative Christians....over the top, judgemental, cruel condemning, hurtful people.

Oh, BTW, Cam are you feeling better yet? If not feel free to hurl another insult my way.

usmc-sooner
4/12/2007, 09:38 PM
don't ever sh*t on one of my Marines, especially one that died for our country.

Don't sh*t on my Soldiers, Sailors or Airmen

I'd like to meet this POS and deliver the righteous hammer of God on his dumb ***

KC//CRIMSON
4/12/2007, 09:40 PM
I think it's kind of silly that you get so bent out of shape over a few whack jobs and that you let them yank your chain. Your immature emotionalism is exactly what these idiots are looking for. They deserve no notice. They should be totally ignored. If they break the law or violate a restraining order then they should be sued and arrested. Plain and simple. They play on emotion and apparently you are happy to oblige them.

I think you totally missed what he was saying.....:confused:

Cam
4/12/2007, 09:42 PM
I think it's kind of silly that you get so bent out of shape over a few whack jobs and that you let them yank your chain. Your immature emotionalism is exactly what these idiots are looking for. They deserve no notice. They should be totally ignored. If they break the law or violate a restraining order then they should be sued and arrested. Plain and simple. They play on emotion and apparently you are happy to oblige them.

Ya don't say?

Did you actually read my post, or just automatically reply?

Where is the inference that I'm in the least bit bent out of shape?

The only emotion I have about your post is shock that somebody who's obviously smart could spout off something so damn stupid regarding the conspiracy angle. These nut jobs were around a long time before anybody outside of Topeka ever heard about them.

Since you obviously missed it the first time:

If this were something that just started and had only been going the last couple years, you might've been on to something. Unfortunately, these nut jobs have been going on like this for a very long time. Even more unfortunate is the publicity that the media gave them to get noticed world wide.
Yep, I'm outraged alright. Outraged that the media ever gave these fuked in the head people their big break by covering what used to be a 5 person picket.

Cam
4/12/2007, 09:44 PM
I think you totally missed what he was saying.....:confused:
Slightly

skycat
4/12/2007, 09:48 PM
No,I haven't talked to them. Why would you want to? I know a whole host of peopel who are institutionalized for severe mental illness. I don't plan on spending a lot of time talking to those individuals either.

Don't you think these people have heard every threat imaginable? don't you think they have probably been physically accosted? Has it made any difffernce? Why? Because it's attention they seek and as long as they get attention by provoking confrontation they will continue to do it.

Personally it's like getting into an insult battle with the village idiot....the end result of engaging people like this is that you lower yourself toward their level.

BTW, the reason I proposed that this group was a bunch of frauds is because they are a caricature of how a lot of liberals want to portray conservative Christians....over the top, judgemental, cruel condemning, hurtful people.

Oh, BTW, Cam are you feeling better yet? If not feel free to hurl another insult my way.

Holy cow. Have you read anything I've written in this thread?

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 09:49 PM
i dont think this group does one single thing to hurt conservative christians.....most rational people look at them and dont draw any correlations to christians......most of us just realize they're lunatics

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 09:49 PM
Ya don't say?

Did you actually read my post, or just automatically reply?

Where is the inference that I'm in the least bit bent out of shape?

The only emotion I have about your post is shock that somebody who's obviously smart could spout off something so damn stupid regarding the conspiracy angle. These nut jobs were around a long time before anybody outside of Topeka ever heard about them.

Since you obviously missed it the first time:

Yep, I'm outraged alright. Outraged that the media ever gave these fuked in the head people their big break by covering what used to be a 5 person picket.

I haven't spent a lot of time reading or learning anything about these people. You can read my reason for suggesting they are frauds. I suggested it as a possibilty. Stranger things have happened. I also suggested that it may be that these people are so screwed up that they thrive on the intense negative emotion they genrate. If the latter is the case then we are giving them the exact thing they want when we confront them.

By all means get a restraining order against them. Sue them for violating the restraining order and drive them into bankruptcy if possible. But refuse to play their game.

My apologies if I misread your post.

Cam
4/12/2007, 09:55 PM
I haven't spent a lot of time reading or learning anything about these people. You can read my reason for suggesting they are frauds. I suggested it as a possibilty. Stranger things have happened. I also suggested that it may be that these people are so screwed up that they thrive on the intense negative emotion they genrate. If the latter is the case then we are giving them the exact thing they want when we confront them.

By all means get a restraining order against them. Sue them for violating the restraining order and drive them into bankruptcy if possible. But refuse to play their game.

My apologies if I misread your post.
Fair enough.

For us Kansas folks on the board, these guys are anything but new news. The Kansas media stopped covering them many moons ago. If it was indeed started as a conspiracy, it's taken on a whole life of its own as all of them under 50 firmly believe what they spout. I just don't see any way that a conspiracy could be sustained for nearly as long as these guys have been around.

skycat
4/12/2007, 09:55 PM
i dont think this group does one single thing to hurt conservative christians.....most rational people look at them and dont draw any correlations to christians......most of us just realize they're lunatics

As someone who grew up in Topeka, I can guarantee you that they have made it very difficult for anyone in that community to speak publicly against gay rights.

Not that I think that's a bad thing, but I don't believe that some, if not most, in the conservative christian movement agree with me.

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 09:56 PM

jk, I respectfully disgree. The more publicity they get the more people who may not be involved with conservative Christians may associate them with conservative Christians. You know they don't represent the values of true Christians but it's very likely that the image of a hate-spewing, spiteful group talking about God and God's vengeance will give some a negative connotation of conservative Christians and other , who are alreday so inclined, a reason to dislike conservative Christians.

When was the last time conservative Christians were portrayed in a positive light in the national media or the entertainment industry?

BTW, how did Hitler arouse public anger against the Jews? Who was blamed for Cristalnacht?

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 09:57 PM
unless i totally missed what Fan was saying, its my understanding that he espouses the idea that some will somehow link this group along side conservative christianity

and i just dont think thats so.....

edit:

i think the groups who are against conservative christians would lump them in with any fringe nut group they could because its part of their agenda

i dont see the AFA picketing funerals of soldiers.....they're very anti-gay but they're also much more passive and engage their message in a much quieter way

just my opinion, feel free to disagree

skycat
4/12/2007, 10:00 PM
unless i totally missed what Fan was saying, its my understanding that he espouses the idea that some will somehow link this group along side conservative christianity

and i just dont think thats so.....

Seeing as they've picketed just about every church in a brazillian mile radius, I agree with you.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I tend to link them to nucking futs, but that's just me.

Cam
4/12/2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I tend to link them to nucking futs, but that's just me.
Yep. These guys are so far out there that "fringe" groups distance themselves as far as they can so they don't get swept up in the wake.

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 10:26 PM

http://www.leanleft.com/archives/2005/08/31/4521/

It seems no accident to me that, as he bounced through his life under the compulsion of his all-encompassing religious fervor, he wound up as a disgusting hater. But I have to admit that it is precisely because of people like Phelps that I find people like Phelps so emblematic of the Christian right.

Soonerus
4/12/2007, 10:27 PM
bastages...insanity personified...

picasso
4/12/2007, 10:28 PM
Doesn't matter to them. It's a matter of our entire country being under judgement for allowing gays in the military.

Sick a-holes.
they should really be concentrating their efforts on HGTV.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.leanleft.com/archives/2005/08/31/4521/

you proved my point....posted a blog by "leanleft.com".....i said that those against christians in the first place would find any excuse to link the two.....it wouldnt matter if phelps existed or not, those types would find some way to make the conservative christians look as lunatic fringe as possible

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 10:36 PM
Holy cow. Have you read anything I've written in this thread?

Yes. I understand. Fred Fhelps is a detestable human being. His family and followers are lunatics. He's been this way for 40 years, apparently. He is the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing. And above all, he is not a Christian and he is not worthy of a nano-second of the outrage he generates.

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 10:42 PM
you proved my point....posted a blog by "leanleft.com".....i said that those against christians in the first place would find any excuse to link the two.....it wouldnt matter if phelps existed or not, those types would find some way to make the conservative christians look as lunatic fringe as possible

"Those against christians" is a big, and growing, group. Fred Phelps and his band of lunatics would be a potent tool to use to convince an impressionable high school student who doesn't have a strong foundation in faith that conservative Christians share similiar beliefs and traits with Phelp's hateful group.

olevetonahill
4/12/2007, 10:50 PM
You know what ? **** all this **** . If that bunch are Thanking God for IEDs
Im wondering how much they would appreciate a few of em around their Places ?

RacerX
4/12/2007, 11:38 PM
it happens once a year, jk and bri share the same sentiments

But Friday the 13th isn't until tomorrow.

yermom
4/12/2007, 11:56 PM
"Those against christians" is a big, and growing, group. Fred Phelps and his band of lunatics would be a potent tool to use to convince an impressionable high school student who doesn't have a strong foundation in faith that conservative Christians share similiar beliefs and traits with Phelp's hateful group.

Tuba is doing just fine as well ;)

Pat Robertson is spouting some of the same BS though, just not at military funerals

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 01:47 AM
Okay... to put myself out on a limb here. I dont necessarily agree with any religion and I have moved towards atheism. That is because of a numebr of factors. I did grow up in a christian home (Catholic) and a Christian community (the buckle of the bible belt and they do try to force feed it to you). It was a conscious decision I have made, and it is always open to new perspectives. I am always looking for them. However, I dont lump these people with christians (there are a lot of other overly evangelical christians that I would lump in the same group), but for the most part many christians and non-christians are good people, and to me that is what life comes down to.

To me a real christian person "does not judge others, lest they be judged themselves" and "lets he who is without sin cast the first stone." I personally dont think it is my issue to deal with whether someone is gay or not. If there is a god then it is his, and I dont think it is the right of someone else christian or nonchristian/religous to push those beliefs on someone.

Anyone that is lumping these people with conservatives or conservative christians is just as bad as they are, and is just looking for an excuse to push their agenda.

(also for political perspective I am neither right nor left, I am one of those damn independents)

olevetonahill
4/13/2007, 01:54 AM
Frag , Join the rest of us . ( or I think alot of us )
Im an Agnostic . Ya just really cant look out there at all this world has , And NOT be a believer in a Creator .
Just sayin

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 03:14 AM
Frag , Join the rest of us . ( or I think alot of us )
Im an Agnostic . Ya just really cant look out there at all this world has , And NOT be a believer in a Creator .
Just sayin

I understand your position, really I do. I would suggest reading Richard Dawkins book "The God Delusion." This isnt what convinced me or anything, because I have seen the beauty in nature from a different perspective for a very long time. But it does have a different intersting perspective. But for this argument I dont think it matters so much. This might be something we should talk over sometime at a tailgate before I've had my 6th beer.

dolemitesooner
4/13/2007, 10:04 AM
I am AoK.

Well it took me awhile to find them. When I did they were getting escorted away by the police. There were so many people there in opposition to them. There were 1,024 poice cars and cops around.

Sorry.

SoonerStormchaser
4/13/2007, 10:09 AM
I'm disappointed Doleo. Next time, plan more!

dolemitesooner
4/13/2007, 10:12 AM
I'm disappointed Doleo. Next time, plan more!
Well they had the ****ing address wrong on their website. They had the address for some ****ing cruch in edmond..:O

bri
4/13/2007, 10:52 AM
So, they're insane and stupid?

Yep, they're from Kansas. :D

bri
4/13/2007, 10:58 AM

Remember, kids: Imagined persecution is just as real as actual persecution...

Jeopardude
4/13/2007, 12:06 PM
Well they had the ****ing address wrong on their website. They had the address for some ****ing cruch in edmond..:O

That is a pretty amazing typo.

SicEmBaylor
4/13/2007, 12:22 PM
Remember, kids: Imagined persecution is just as real as actual persecution...
I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that Christians are persecuted in a major way on a national scale. You can bash Jesus and yet it isn't politically correct to bash Mohammad (except for South Park)?

A public college in Michigan forbade Christian groups from holding activities on campus and yet the school is now building foot washing centers for Islamic prayer purposes and even providing them with a place to do so.

I'm not a fan of the Christian right as a political force, but I think it's absolutely true that bashing Christianity is one of the last acceptable forms of bigotry.

bri
4/13/2007, 01:39 PM
Wah, wah, wah. Until the government is closing down churches and busting into houses and arresting Christians, ain't NO ONE being persecuted.

I do enjoy the unintentional irony of how the people who rail against the "victim culture" on here will bust out the victim card in a heartbeat on this one...

jk the sooner fan
4/13/2007, 02:01 PM
you should read the book persecution.......of course your definition sets a pretty high bar

Fugue
4/13/2007, 02:03 PM
So, they're insane and stupid?

Yep, they're from Tulsa. :D

supa

jk the sooner fan
4/13/2007, 02:08 PM
Wah, wah, wah. Until the government is closing down churches and busting into houses and arresting Christians, ain't NO ONE being persecuted.

i think you've described flat out oppression in your example....

yermom
4/13/2007, 02:16 PM
supa

Fugue
4/13/2007, 02:57 PM

ipod size got you down again? :texan:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/20/2007, 10:27 AM
I thought I' d bump the thread after I found this little gem.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0420071ghf1.html

Osce0la
4/20/2007, 10:37 AM
I thought I' d bump the thread after I found this little gem.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0420071ghf1.html
Thanks!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1866535#post1866535

;)

OklahomaRed
4/20/2007, 03:50 PM
Did you see the piece on Bill O'Reilly the other day where the past president of the LA Chapter of NOW was on? She was expressing concern of how the liberal groups had gained such control of the media in their web of pushing news out that met their agenda? Their process basically amounts to putting their agenda and stories out there in enough numbers, through enough publications, websites, or TV stations that the public would start to believe they were true, simply for the fact that it had to be true if enough media outlets were carrying it. Her concern was that the pendulum had actually swung too far to the left, where she was worried about the national fabric being weakened. FaninAma's scenario might be "far fetched", but after C&C's observation of the group, it might not be that far off? Alarms should start to sound in the moderate to liberals mind when they lose their ability to logically discuss an issue without jumping to conclusions, calling names, or attacking the person with a different view? The very thing that forced them to the left in the first place, they've become?

Zbird
4/20/2007, 09:46 PM
Get your soonerpimp gear on, go over there, and walk around across the street from those idiots with a sign that says "You are all my ******* " or "Does Wayne Brady have to choke a *****?"

I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

Maybe we should have the O-line and the D line go down to visit with them . dressed in drag.