PDA

View Full Version : national straw poll

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 10:53 AM
interesting results

http://www.afa.net/petitions/strawpoll/strawpoll.asp

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 11:00 AM
Wow. More than twice the republican candidates, and who knows how many more times the votes.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 11:01 AM
well, its sponsored by AFA, which leans heavily to the right

the thing i thought was interesting was how far ahead Fred Thompson was over any other GOP candidate

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 11:05 AM

the thing i thought was interesting was how far ahead Fred Thompson was over any other GOP candidateditto. For someone who is only exploring...he sure has quite a few votes. I would think that it has more to do with name recognition than anything else.

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 11:10 AM
I'm having a tough time finding anyone on either side that I think is worthy of running.

I want an accomplished Governor please. Not a Washington politician. I don't really care what side they're from either.

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 11:21 AM
We should all write in Dean.

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 12:05 PM
We should all write in Dean.:eek: I ain't votin for Mr. 30/70 ;)

Ike
4/12/2007, 12:45 PM
I'm having a tough time finding anyone on either side that I think is worthy of running.

I want an accomplished Governor please. Not a Washington politician. I don't really care what side they're from either.
I don't know if I want another governor. the last two governors to assume the oval office have left me wholly underwhelmed.

OklahomaTuba
4/12/2007, 12:46 PM
Hunter would be fantastic if he actually had a snow balls chance.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 12:57 PM
We should all write in Dean.
The South Ovarian Dean or the Vermontian?

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 01:07 PM
The South Ovarian Dean or the Vermontian?

The one that chases snakes.

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 01:31 PM
The one that chases snakes.The one that is very good with percentages. :P

crawfish
4/12/2007, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna take flak for this...but right now, I'm really impressed with Obama. He's answered questions the way I've always wanted them answered, and talks out of both sides of his mouth far less than most politicians have.

I've never voted a dem for president before. If he can beat Hillary (and rest assured, if the dems nominate that yainch then they DESERVE to lose the election again) and the reps don't find somebody worthwhile, it may be my first time.

Mjcpr
4/12/2007, 01:59 PM
How would the Obama "Name Song" go?

Obama mama bo bama, banana fana fo fama....

Am I right so far?

Ike
4/12/2007, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna take flak for this...but right now, I'm really impressed with Obama. He's answered questions the way I've always wanted them answered, and talks out of both sides of his mouth far less than most politicians have.

I've never voted a dem for president before. If he can beat Hillary (and rest assured, if the dems nominate that yainch then they DESERVE to lose the election again) and the reps don't find somebody worthwhile, it may be my first time.

I'm the same way...but I keep thinking that at some point he may implode just due to the fact that he's been campaigning essentially since the mid-terms. Give the media long enough and they'll find a case where he forgot to carry a 1 on his tax forms or something like that. But to be honest, I'm a little surprised that they haven't really found much dirt on him already. There was one land deal in which he was involved with some shady characters that made the rounds up here, but nothing else that I've seen. Besides, in Illinois, it's nearly impossible to avoid dealings with shady characters....unless maybe you live under a rock.

I was however a little disappointed that he endorsed Mayor Daley in the Mayoral elections up here. Even though he's done a lot to clean up the city, the dude is more corrupt than something that's very corrupt.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 02:15 PM
i dont care how well he speaks or answers questions, he's way too liberal for my liking.......

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 03:31 PM
For someone who is only exploring...he sure has quite a few votes.

Makes perfect sense. The more you know about a politician, the less appealing they become.

soonerscuba
4/12/2007, 03:33 PM
One Republican actor was enough for a lifetime. I'll pass.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 03:36 PM
I was however a little disappointed that he endorsed Mayor Daley in the Mayoral elections up here. Even though he's done a lot to clean up the city, the dude is more corrupt than a Chicago politician.

How's that?

Has there been any fallout in Chicago over what he did to Meigs Field?

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 03:38 PM

yeah that was a real failure wasnt it?

:rolleyes:

Widescreen
4/12/2007, 03:58 PM
One Republican was enough for a lifetime. I'll pass.
This is what you probably meant.

oilmud
4/12/2007, 04:00 PM
Run, Fred Run!!

OklahomaTuba
4/12/2007, 04:08 PM

Commies everywhere wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

FaninAma
4/12/2007, 04:16 PM
Mitt Romney is by far the best GOP candidate.

mdklatt
4/12/2007, 04:19 PM

It would be teh awesome if the pubz nominate their own Massachusetts flip-flopper. :D

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 04:29 PM
i dont see how a party that is based and rooted with a deep number of christians will ever elect a mormon to the highest office......the mormon religion is considered a cult by a large faction of christians

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 04:35 PM
i dont see how a party that is based and rooted with a deep number of christians will ever elect a mormon to the highest office......the mormon religion is considered a cult by a large faction of christians

Catholics aren't considered Christian by many of those same people.

I'm not a fan of the Christian right.

Widescreen
4/12/2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not a fan of the Christian right.
I'm a member of the "Christian right" and I don't think Catholics are a cult. So hopefully there are other reasons that you don't like us.

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2007, 05:01 PM
I'm a member of the "Christian right" and I don't think Catholics are a cult. So hopefully there are other reasons that you don't like us.
Fear not. There are.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2007, 05:04 PM
ummm, we've elected catholics to office many times...

Ike
4/12/2007, 05:16 PM
How's that?

Has there been any fallout in Chicago over what he did to Meigs Field?

Other than my wife throwing things at the TV every time he is on it you mean?

No.

usmc-sooner
4/12/2007, 05:41 PM
4 more years of George W. Bush

JohnnyMack
4/12/2007, 06:58 PM
4 more years of George W. Bush

How hard is it exactly to get Canadian citizenship?

;)

picasso
4/12/2007, 07:14 PM

the thing i thought was interesting was how far ahead Fred Thompson was over any other GOP candidate
he's cut and dried on the issues and he's well spoken and a true conservative. plus, he once dated Lorrie Morgan.:D

picasso
4/12/2007, 07:16 PM
no frickin way.

also, I'm not hating on the Democrats, I'd really like to see a good candidate on that side but Hillary isn't one. she's done nothing but ride the tails of Bubba.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2007, 07:30 PM
Sam Brownback? Are they ****ing kidding me? The man is a moron.