PDA

View Full Version : This is why you should keep your ammo in a secure location

royalfan5
4/12/2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=2364127
4 year old knocks ammo off counter, round goes off and injures him.

stoopified
4/12/2007, 10:45 AM
Thak God he wasn't killed.That is scary and reminds me to be ever vigilant as I have a three year old boy and a four day old boy.

Hamhock
4/12/2007, 10:48 AM
come on....who here doesn't store the ammo next to the kid's cereal?

mxATVracer10
4/12/2007, 11:24 AM
Is it good that they put the kid's address right there in the article like that?:eek:

KABOOKIE
4/12/2007, 03:27 PM
Ammo manufactured should have their asses sued to hell for such a defective product.

StuIsTheMan
4/12/2007, 03:29 PM
come on....who here doesn't store the ammo next to the kid's cereal?

I just moved mine...:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2007, 03:30 PM
I keep my bullet in my shirt pocket.

Jerk
4/12/2007, 07:56 PM
Ammo manufactured should have their asses sued to hell for such a defective product.

Defective? If the primer is struck hard, it's likely going to detonate. The bullet doesn't care (or even know) that it is in a chamber or not.

eta- the only defect would be if the primer was not all the way seated into the case. They are supposed to be about .005" below the the top of the primer hole.

KABOOKIE
4/12/2007, 09:02 PM
Defective? If the primer is struck hard, it's likely going to detonate. The bullet doesn't care (or even know) that it is in a chamber or not.

eta- the only defect would be if the primer was not all the way seated into the case. They are supposed to be about .005" below the the top of the primer hole.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarcasm. ;)

4/12/2007, 09:53 PM
Kids, ESPECIALLY BOYS, are curious with guns and bullets. I remember handling many high-caliber bullets at a young age.

Most of it is just in our DNA. All the more reason to exercise caution when storing ammo.

That said, I think I have some DVDs that have ammunitions involved. I do own a gun, but it isn't likely to fire–hasn't been fired in well over 50 years.

There is no magic trick to keeping the kids away, though locks and education have worked for relatives of mine.

Still, a kid will figure out a lock if given time...

LoyalFan
4/13/2007, 03:04 PM
This never would have happened if the CHILD had been kept in a secure location...like, you know, where all sperm is stored until called up for active duty.
Jus' sayin'.

LF

C&CDean
4/13/2007, 03:48 PM
At this very second, there are .22-250 rounds on the kitchen counter, 3 1/2 inch magnum 12-gauge shells with #4 shot on the same counter and by the phone, .22 magnum shells on the counter, toolbox, and various other places, and a whole ****pot of 7mm, 30.06, .22, and pistol rounds on a bench in the garage laying loose.

I've dropped them a million times. The only time I've ever had a bullet go off outside of a gun is when I dropped a .22 shell down a steel wellshaft then put my ear to it to hear it. Scared the **** outta me.