PDA

View Full Version : What an idol...

goingoneight
4/12/2007, 01:43 AM
:rolleyes: Eddie is "Sportsman of the Year" (http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=501022&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) :rolleyes:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
4/12/2007, 07:55 AM
What they failed to mention is that it is sponsored by Jack Daniels.

SteelClip49
4/12/2007, 08:46 AM
Congrats to the legend himself Eddie Sutton. Of course, the bigger accomplishment is still yet to happen and it should have happened already. HE DESERVES THE HALL of FAME.

He made mistakes as did Switzer. Sutton is a decent man and very kind at heart. I had the pleasure of meeting him my junior year of high school during our basketball game, (which honored one of the plane crash victims in naming the fieldhouse after him- and we won state that year to dedicate it to Pat Noyes), and Sutton always had a smile on his face. The guy does not deserve all this hate.

I can understand the OSU/OU hate but give respect to where it is due.

Eddie, you are the man!!!

RFH Shakes
4/12/2007, 09:15 AM
Congrats to the legend himself Eddie Sutton. Of course, the bigger accomplishment is still yet to happen and it should have happened already. HE DESERVES THE HALL of FAME.

He made mistakes as did Switzer. Sutton is a decent man and very kind at heart. I had the pleasure of meeting him my junior year of high school during our basketball game, (which honored one of the plane crash victims in naming the fieldhouse after him- and we won state that year to dedicate it to Pat Noyes), and Sutton always had a smile on his face. The guy does not deserve all this hate.

I can understand the OSU/OU hate but give respect to where it is due.

Eddie, you are the man!!!

This is my favorite part.:D

poke4christ
4/12/2007, 10:02 AM
You guys are unbelievable. athdept, you're the man!

PrideTrombone
4/12/2007, 10:14 AM
Well, to be fair, who else did they have to choose from?

Mike Holder: Alienates fans by raising ticket prices to events that don't sell out to begin with.

John Smith: No national championship this year in man-grappling.

Sean Sutton: Late-season collapse leaves OSU in the NIT where they lose to Marist.

Mike Gundy: Didn't beat OU.

Really, Eddie was the logical choice.

Doged
4/12/2007, 11:24 AM
You guys are unbelievable. athdept, you're the man!

Yea, like there's ever been a decent word said about Switzer (or Stoops) on an aggie board. Hypocritical much?

That said, if they wanna' honor Ed the Town Drunk I don't see how that's of much interest to a Sooner fan.

poke4christ
4/12/2007, 11:53 AM
Yea, like there's ever been a decent word said about Switzer (or Stoops) on an aggie board. Hypocritical much?

That said, if they wanna' honor Ed the Town Drunk I don't see how that's of much interest to a Sooner fan.

So now I'm hypocritical based on the actions of others? Funny.

Rhino
4/12/2007, 12:03 PM
I'm fine with the recognition and all but, Sportsman of the Year?

What has he done in the last year?

Mjcpr
4/12/2007, 12:04 PM
Well, there was the NASCAR driving....

poke4christ
4/12/2007, 12:21 PM
I'm fine with the recognition and all but, Sportsman of the Year?

What has he done in the last year?

Good point. It does seem a little late for this particular award. He's done a lot in the last year, but not for sports. His recent work has been in other areas (alcohol awareness, public speaking, ect.)

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 01:12 PM
Who was he up against? That's kind of silly.

OSUAggie
4/12/2007, 01:13 PM
Who was he up against? That's kind of silly.

The world.

I assume it's more of a lifetime achievement award in this instance. Give it to him before he really ****s up or dies kind of thing. Plus he and Connors were pretty tight.

NormanPride
4/12/2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, that was a poor choice then. Sorry, I just don't agree at all.

OSUAggie
4/12/2007, 01:40 PM
Most people won't. Doesn't matter, I think he deserves anything he gets for what he's done for Oklahoma State basketball, Arkansas basketball, and the game of college basketball. He's definitely had some ****ups along the way, but who hasn't?

SteelClip49
4/12/2007, 02:12 PM
Michael Irvin is a hall of famer and he sure was a hero, sigh.

Eddie, do not worry, God knows you are a hall of famer. You will be inducted before you move on.