PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Pre100 - Released April 11

insuranceman_22
4/11/2007, 10:36 PM
We've got five commits from the list and a host of others that we're in contention for.......looking good!

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2008&ra_key=1735

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2007, 10:56 PM
not bad!

Ash
4/11/2007, 11:17 PM
Me likey!

fwsooner22
4/12/2007, 08:48 AM
That's more like it........

MojoRisen
4/12/2007, 10:47 AM
My Brother coaches for Loyola Academy in the Chicago Catholic league. I have asked him to put a bug in Darius Flemming's ear out of St. Rita to attend OU and that we will build a Touchdown Jesus just for him and others out of the Chicagoland area.

He is a nasty DE-

snp
4/12/2007, 12:15 PM
Guys we still have a shot at:

Brandon Beachum
Arhur Brown
Desean Hales
Stacey McGee
Sam McGuffie
Dejuan Miller
Jameel Owens
JB Shugarts

My Brother coaches for Loyola Academy in the Chicago Catholic league. I have asked him to put a bug in Darius Flemming's ear out of St. Rita to attend OU and that we will build a Touchdown Jesus just for him and others out of the Chicagoland area.

He is a nasty DE-

He's heading to ND.

Seamus
4/12/2007, 01:13 PM
Trying to remember when, if ever, we started a recruiting season this far ahead of the game. Granted, it's a long time before signing day and commitments can change, but good lord! Don't recall us ever having 5 in the top 100 at this stage.

As for this guy:

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/ALDARIUSJOHNSON4_17150.JPG

I'm not sure which is more incredible -- that he had 1,700 yards receiving as a junior, or his hair :eek:

KingDavid
4/12/2007, 11:27 PM
Guys we still have a shot at:

Brandon Beachum
Arhur Brown
Desean Hales
Stacey McGee
Sam McGuffie
Dejuan Miller
Jameel Owens
JB Shugarts

More than just a shot. We probably have the lead on the ones in bold. When all is said and done, we could very easily have 10% or more of the Rivals 100 . . . all to OUrselves.

More importantly, if they hold together and recruit amongst their peers, these kids have the opportunity, following on the inevitable success we'll have in the next two years, to help establish the next dynastic period of Sooner dominance.

snp
4/12/2007, 11:37 PM
Have the lead, sure. Although I disagree with Shugarts, no one knows. But it's a long way from Signing Day.

jccouger
4/13/2007, 01:43 AM
I thought LSU was in the lead for Shugarts?

BASSooner
4/13/2007, 01:53 AM
More than just a shot. We probably have the lead on the ones in bold. When all is said and done, we could very easily have 10% or more of the Rivals 100 . . . all to OUrselves.

More importantly, if they hold together and recruit amongst their peers, these kids have the opportunity, following on the inevitable success we'll have in the next two years, to help establish the next dynastic period of Sooner dominance.
I wish hales and mcguffie were also bold. Those guys have ridiculous talent.

Fraggle145
4/13/2007, 03:22 AM

Hard to have the lead on every RB, I mean with what we have and the two we have committed... You gotta love to compete if you want to come in this house. Just sayin

jccouger
4/13/2007, 11:27 AM
I saw a lot more guys with Oklahoma as one of their choices on rivals then the list that SuperNinjaPirate gave.

Are we not in on those guys and rivals just hasnt updated yet, or what?

snp
4/13/2007, 11:48 AM
I thought LSU was in the lead for Shugarts?

No one knows where he is going. He's raved about every school so far.

Hard to have the lead on every RB, I mean with what we have and the two we have committed... You gotta love to compete if you want to come in this house. Just sayin

Hales is a WR and McGuffie is being recruited as an all purpose RB which means he'd get some opportunity for WR as well.

I saw a lot more guys with Oklahoma as one of their choices on rivals then the list that SuperNinjaPirate gave.

Are we not in on those guys and rivals just hasnt updated yet, or what?

I guess I'll add Jon Major and Chancey Aghayere. Major is a LB from Colorado with offers from everyone but says we're in the top 5. Aghayere is a DE from Garland and is leaning towards Texas.

Many people are interested in Oklahoma, but I don't have any information telling me how interested they are. I don't want to get any hopes up. And things will change as the season goes on, obviously.

OU-HSV
4/13/2007, 04:08 PM
Well, the recent article in that recruiting issue of Sooner Spectator said promising things about our chances at landing McGuffie. J. Johnson is trying to help land him along w/some others.

insuranceman_22
4/13/2007, 10:13 PM
What's everybody's take on this.....is J. Johnson come to Soonerland as a RB or a LB? I know Calhoun is an RB, but I've seen several things projecting Johnson as a LB......That would leave a slot for McGuffie......

Just wonder what you guys are thinking on the Bus1....especially you superninja????

MojoRisen
4/14/2007, 02:11 PM
They guy averaged like 11 yards a carry. Let's see what he can do with a full year at Running back- stat wise.

I have also heard that he could be in the mold of Adrian Peterson.

snp
4/14/2007, 05:41 PM
Bus1 was recruited as a RB first and foremost. He'll be given ample opportunity to go at it at RB. I'm in the camp that thinks he's he's going to get lost in the shuffle at RB with Murray, Both Browns, Madu, and Calhoun.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm an expert at breaking down film since my football career ended in 8th grade. But I think the AD exaggerations will stop during his senior year when more film comes out. He doesn't have the sprinter speed AD had, but he is a punishing runner. Right now, he reminds me of a slightly slower Calhoun, but there isn't much video on either.

Ash
4/15/2007, 02:58 AM
I know the recruiting game is evolving, but where does this rank in terms of quantity and quality of future classes in recent history?

MojoRisen
4/15/2007, 06:42 AM
Dont worry super ninha, 4.5 wont be caught from behind.

Seamus
4/15/2007, 12:47 PM
Except by Dominique Franks -- Ask DeMarco about that ;)

snp
4/15/2007, 12:50 PM
Eh, a self reported 4.5.

snp
4/15/2007, 12:51 PM
Ask Goodson about Lendy Holmes.

Seamus
4/15/2007, 03:46 PM
Ask Deuce McCallister about William Bartee.

Oh, wait, nevermind :(