PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I late breaking Earth-shattering news

Okla-homey
4/11/2007, 05:48 PM
Which will hopefully heal the deep, infected and seepy wound which threatens all life on the planet...

MSNBC DROPS IMUS: Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the "Imus in the Morning" radio program.... Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused -- NBCNEWS Pres

Fitty cent and Snoop dog gotta be laughing their collective a$$es off.

KABOOKIE
4/11/2007, 05:51 PM
Nappy headed ho's rejoice!!!!!

fadada1
4/11/2007, 05:51 PM
this whole thing has taken on a previously-undocumented level of insanity.

so the guy doesn't like black, women, basketball players from new jersey. big deal. i'm sure they don't like white, nappy-haired (can i say that?), radio hosts with cowboy hats. TAKE AWAY THEIR SCHOLARSHIPS!!!!!

achiro
4/11/2007, 05:54 PM
So how long before he has his own radio station on Sirius?:rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
4/11/2007, 05:55 PM
Fitty cent and Snoop dog gotta be laughing their collective a$$es off.

I bet Howard Stern is too....

usmc-sooner
4/11/2007, 06:01 PM
it's hurtful speech, I tell you, just hurtful

if that sunovabeotch ever says anything about straight black thinning hair pimps I'm going to be hurt.

Okla-homey
4/11/2007, 06:06 PM
Okay, in case you haven't been keeping score, here's where we stand on this crapola.

It is perfectly acceptable for any person, regardless of motivation, even if for pecuniary gain, to use perjorative and/or racially disparaging words, if that person is a member of the racial or ethnic group referenced by the perceived slur. If the speaker is not a member of the referenced group, that person shall be subject to the full indignant collective wrath of American society and shall be driven from the airwaves if a broadcaster. The affirmative defenses that the offensive language was offered in jest, unintentional, "I didn't know the mike was hot" or the offensive language was "just the beer talking," shall not in anyway mitigate the seriousness of offense.

In short, the test is not the nature of the speech or even the words used. It is whether or not the speech is perceived as a slur by the target of the remark, but only if the speaker is not a member of that group. In cases where the speaker is a member of the targeted group, there are absolutely no rules, particularly if the speaker is a comedian, actor or "recording artist."

Please make a note of this. You have been warned.

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2007, 06:08 PM
If you guys can accept that there is a double standard in the world I'll accept that one exists here.;)

Jerk
4/11/2007, 06:20 PM
What comes around, goes around.

cya Imus.

Sooner24
4/11/2007, 06:31 PM
Now MSNBC can give Rosie O'Donnell the old Imus time slot.

usmc-sooner
4/11/2007, 06:50 PM
If you guys can accept that there is a double standard in the world I'll accept that one exists here.;)

I've been all over the world, I've gotta say it's a really fair and nice place. Nice people with good intentions everywhere. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
4/11/2007, 07:46 PM
Karma is a beyotch though.

I heard the aw3some Imus quote today,

"my job in broadcasting is to goad my guests into saying something that will ruin their careers." -- Don Imus, MSNBC Simulcast, August 2001

FaninAma
4/11/2007, 09:46 PM
Okay, in case you haven't been keeping score, here's where we stand on this crapola.

It is perfectly acceptable for any person, regardless of motivation, even if for pecuniary gain, to use perjorative and/or racially disparaging words, if that person is a member of a minority racial or ethnic group referenced by the perceived slur. If the speaker is not a member of the referenced minority group, that person shall be subject to the full indignant collective wrath of American society and shall be driven from the airwaves if a broadcaster. The affirmative defenses that the offensive language was offered in jest, unintentional, "I didn't know the mike was hot" or the offensive language was "just the beer talking," shall not in anyway mitigate the seriousness of offense.

In short, the test is not the nature of the speech or even the words used. It is whether or not the speech is perceived as a slur by the target of the remark, but only if the speaker is not a member of that minority group. In cases where the speaker is a member of the targeted group, there are absolutely no rules, particularly if the speaker is a comedian, actor or "recording artist."

If you are a member of a minority racial or ethnic group then all other racial and ethnic groups are fair game for ridicule and none of the above applies to you.

Please make a note of this. You have been warned.

Fixed.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2007, 10:09 PM
This has topped the rap charts for 15 weeks...

This is why I'm hot
Catch me on the block
Every other day
Another bitch another drop
16 bars, 24 pop
44 songs, nigga gimme what you got…

… We into big spinners
See my pimping never dragged
Find me wit' different women that you niggas never had
For those who say they know me know I'm focused on ma cream
Player you come between you'd better focus on the beam
I keep it so mean the way you see me lean
And when I say I'm hot my nigga dis is what I mean

4/12/2007, 04:46 AM
Isn't that a Gene Autry song?

Sooner in Tampa
4/12/2007, 05:12 AM
The PC police are taking over the world one small step at a time.

Sooner24
4/12/2007, 06:32 AM
This has topped the rap charts for 15 weeks...

This is why I'm hot
Catch me on the block
Every other day
Another bitch another drop
16 bars, 24 pop
44 songs, nigga gimme what you got…

… We into big spinners
See my pimping never dragged
Find me wit' different women that you niggas never had
For those who say they know me know I'm focused on ma cream
Player you come between you'd better focus on the beam
I keep it so mean the way you see me lean
And when I say I'm hot my nigga dis is what I mean

That's a Burt Bacharach tune isn't it?

Jerk
4/12/2007, 06:45 AM
That's a Burt Bacharach tune isn't it?

Marty Robbins

TUSooner
4/12/2007, 10:21 AM
This thread makes me want to move to Bessie and shoot anyone coming near the house without an express invitation.

Homey has a standing invite, of course. ;)

royalfan5
4/12/2007, 10:33 AM
http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for-jackson-sharpton-to-step-down/20070411111509990001

Good article by Jason Whitlock on the Situation

picasso
4/12/2007, 10:34 AM
Now MSNBC can give Rosie O'Donnell the old Imus time slot.
I heard she was actually taking up for him because it just might set a new PC standard for entertainment type stuff.

thanks again PC folkseses.

stoopified
4/12/2007, 10:35 AM

It is perfectly acceptable for any person, regardless of motivation, even if for pecuniary gain, to use perjorative and/or racially disparaging words, if that person is a member of the racial or ethnic group referenced by the perceived slur. If the speaker is not a member of the referenced group, that person shall be subject to the full indignant collective wrath of American society and shall be driven from the airwaves if a broadcaster. The affirmative defenses that the offensive language was offered in jest, unintentional, "I didn't know the mike was hot" or the offensive language was "just the beer talking," shall not in anyway mitigate the seriousness of offense.

In short, the test is not the nature of the speech or even the words used. It is whether or not the speech is perceived as a slur by the target of the remark, but only if the speaker is not a member of that group. In cases where the speaker is a member of the targeted group, there are absolutely no rules, particularly if the speaker is a comedian, actor or "recording artist."

Please make a note of this. You have been warned.So what your are saying is blacks can say ****** all they want but whitey can't.Does this mean only good jJew boys like myself can say kike?What a load if the N word is SOO offensive blacks need to stop using it too,I don't buy this we can say it but you can't bs.

achiro
4/12/2007, 10:39 AM
http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for-jackson-sharpton-to-step-down/20070411111509990001

Nail meet hammer! Wow

OklahomaTuba
4/12/2007, 12:45 PM
What does JC call them, poverty pimps?

Right on.

Sooner24
4/12/2007, 12:48 PM
The Four Horsemen are mounting their steeds, because I agree with Jason Whitlock. :eek:

CUinNC
4/12/2007, 12:56 PM
Scariest thing I heard today was the reference that we have now created "Thought Police"

Meaning: if you think it out loud - you better watch out....

Yeah right...I've never been accused as wrong for sayin' out loud what I think, and let the first person try.....;)

Damm Sad....

jthomasou78
4/12/2007, 01:57 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that NBC Universals most profitable cable show is the Jerry Springer show?

OklahomaTuba
4/12/2007, 04:06 PM
Well, Imus is now completly canned.

Howard Stern is laughing his *** off right now.

sitzpinkler
4/12/2007, 04:57 PM
Scariest thing I heard today was the reference that we have now created "Thought Police"

Meaning: if you think it out loud - you better watch out....

Yeah right...I've never been accused as wrong for sayin' out loud what I think, and let the first person try.....;)

Damm Sad....

I hereby request a link to the full version of your avatar.

Fraggle145
4/12/2007, 05:18 PM

here's another good whitlock article

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Imus isn’t the real bad guy
Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.
By JASON WHITLOCK - Columnist

Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

While we’re fixated on a bad joke cracked by an irrelevant, bad shock jock, I’m sure at least one of the marvelous young women on the Rutgers basketball team is somewhere snapping her fingers to the beat of 50 Cent’s or Snoop Dogg’s or Young Jeezy’s latest ode glorifying nappy-headed pimps and hos.

I ain’t saying Jesse, Al and Vivian are gold-diggas, but they don’t have the heart to mount a legitimate campaign against the real black-folk killas.

It is us. At this time, we are our own worst enemies. We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes about white and black people, and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike ****** blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

I watched the Rutgers news conference and was ashamed.

Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had.

Somehow, we’re supposed to believe that the comments of a man with virtually no connection to the sports world ruined Rutgers’ wonderful season. Had a broadcaster with credibility and a platform in the sports world uttered the words Imus did, I could understand a level of outrage.

But an hourlong press conference over a man who has already apologized, already been suspended and is already insignificant is just plain intellectually dishonest. This is opportunism. This is a distraction.

In the grand scheme, Don Imus is no threat to us in general and no threat to black women in particular. If his words are so powerful and so destructive and must be rebuked so forcefully, then what should we do about the idiot rappers on BET, MTV and every black-owned radio station in the country who use words much more powerful and much more destructive?

I don’t listen or watch Imus’ show regularly. Has he at any point glorified selling crack cocaine to black women? Has he celebrated black men shooting each other randomly? Has he suggested in any way that it’s cool to be a baby-daddy rather than a husband and a parent? Does he tell his listeners that they’re suckers for pursuing education and that they’re selling out their race if they do?

When Imus does any of that, call me and I’ll get upset. Until then, he is what he is — a washed-up shock jock who is very easy to ignore when you’re not looking to be made a victim.

No. We all know where the real battleground is. We know that the gangsta rappers and their followers in the athletic world have far bigger platforms to negatively define us than some old white man with a bad radio show. There’s no money and lots of danger in that battle, so Jesse and Al are going to sit it out.

To reach Jason Whitlock, call (816) 234-4869 or send e-mail to [email protected]. For previous columns, go to KansasCity.com

CUinNC
4/12/2007, 05:39 PM

Can't do it 2night, but be glad to in the a.m......Our Rally Cats sure are awesome year, after year, after year....well, you know the rest....

sorry I can't do it tonight....

stay tuned ...:D

Jerk
4/13/2007, 06:00 AM
"Martin Luther King Jr. spoke for eight minutes in 1963 at the March on Washington. At the time, black people could be lynched and denied fundamental rights with little thought. With the comments of a talk-show host most of her players had never heard of before last week serving as her excuse, Vivian Stringer rambled on for 30 minutes about the amazing season her team had."

LOL so true! Speaks alot about our emo culture.

If only "Black leaders" thought more like Whitlock and less like Sharpton.

Jerk
4/13/2007, 06:08 AM
Everything you need to know about "the reverend" Al Sharpton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

CUinNC
4/13/2007, 07:54 AM

hope this works...

http://gallery.tigermemories.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7542&g2_serialNumber=2