PDA

View Full Version : I've Always Wanted to Ask This

GrapevineSooner
4/11/2007, 04:10 PM
If you're having a computer problem, why would you ever have one of your co-workers call in on your behalf?

If you do, I hope you realize just how difficult third-party troubleshooting is.

Point is, if you can tell your co-worker about the IT problem you're having, you can pick up the damn phone and call the help desk. :mad:

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 04:13 PM
If you're having a computer problem, why would you ever have one of your co-workers call in on your behalf?

If you do, I hope you realize just how difficult third-party troubleshooting is.

This must be the same impulse that drives people to seemingly pluck random strangers off the street to order pizza for them.

:mad:

OUDoc
4/11/2007, 04:17 PM

Point is, if you can tell your co-worker about the IT problem you're having, you can pick up the damn phone and call the help desk. :mad:
Wives call me all the time to describe their husbands' illnesses. Put him on the damn phone! Haaankk! He wants to know what your bowel movements look like....

skycat
4/11/2007, 04:21 PM
Wives call me all the time to describe their husbands' illnesses. Put him on the damn phone! Haaankk! He wants to know what your bowel movements look like....

You make being a doctor sound so glamorous!

GrapevineSooner
4/11/2007, 05:28 PM
You know, I like my job by and large.

But this is my biggest pet peeve.

Next to people who can't follow simple directions. I don't expect you to be a techno whiz. I understand that sometimes, you need a tech to 'hold your hand' through doing something new with a computer.

But for the love of God, don't ask your co-worker to call in on your behalf and when I give you a simple set of directions, follow them.