PDA

View Full Version : Newman Hall

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 01:52 PM
Anyone know what this building that sits on the NW corner of Boyd and Chataquequa, sp?, is used for?

Mjcpr
4/11/2007, 01:53 PM
Mail processing and refundable bottle storage.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/11/2007, 01:54 PM
It's where Beano holds his meetings.

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 01:55 PM
:confused:

I'm so out of the loop.

EDIT: I got it now. :D

yermom
4/11/2007, 02:27 PM
storage

rumor i heard was that it was haunted

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 02:35 PM
I take it the University owns it?

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 02:39 PM
The University owns everything. And if it doesn't, one of its tricky subsidiaries does. They're planning on building an elaborate tunnel system underneath Norman with which to carry out their heinous plots.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/11/2007, 02:42 PM
House of Ill Repute

yermom
4/11/2007, 02:42 PM
I take it the University owns it?

as far as i know

i heard they used to use it as a halfway house for the mental hospital or something a long time ago

hurricane'bone
4/11/2007, 02:44 PM
storage

rumor i heard was that it was haunted

IIRC, the rumor I heard was that one of the crazies from what ever the name of the crazyhouse in Norman got out and chopped off someone's head inside of Newman.

Fugue
4/11/2007, 02:45 PM
House of Ill Repute

[SBSB]I used to tell guys my name was Trixie Cupps.[SBSB]

hmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 02:50 PM
i heard they used to use it as a halfway house for the mental hospital or something a long time ago

You're not talking about Connections are you?

"Halfway" house my ***. Those people were 110% ****ing nuts.

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 02:53 PM
Wheres Connections? LOL

OKLA21FAN
4/11/2007, 02:53 PM
isn't this where O'Connell's is moving to?

:pop:

proud gonzo
4/11/2007, 03:02 PM
you mean the crazy dead guy building?

yermom
4/11/2007, 03:03 PM
You're not talking about Connections are you?

"Halfway" house my ***. Those people were 110% ****ing nuts.

dude, i don't remember, just something about crazy people living there and/or roaming about the yard

i don't know what Connections is, i just know that we used to store stuff at Newman Hall, and it may or may not still be there :D

bluedogok
4/11/2007, 03:04 PM
The University owns everything. And if it doesn't, one of its tricky subsidiaries does. They're planning on building an elaborate tunnel system underneath Norman with which to carry out their heinous plots.
They already have a tunnel system......

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 03:08 PM
They already have a tunnel system......

Then let the scheming begin.

GottaHavePride
4/11/2007, 03:10 PM
From people I know that have been in Norman a long time:

Newman hall was known as "Connections" before the University bought it. It was a "halfway house" to try to help people from Griffin Mental Hospital re-integrate into "society at large". And then one of the loonies went nuts and killed one of the other loonies in there, leading most people I know to call it "Crazy Dead Guy House". The university uses it as storage, as far as I know.

AMSooner
4/11/2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, it used to be Connections. Or, CONNECTIONs, as the sign said.

Petro-Sooner
Freaky!!

BlondeSoonerGirl

Newman hall was known as "Connections" before the University bought it. It was a "halfway house" to try to help people from Griffin Mental Hospital re-integrate into "society at large". And then one of the loonies went nuts and killed one of the other loonies in there, leading most people I know to call it "Crazy Dead Guy House". The university uses it as storage, as far as I know.

Crazy Dead Guy Storage?

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds like the new home improvement project at the Czar's.

hurricane'bone
4/11/2007, 03:15 PM

So I like...halfway remembered the story

GottaHavePride
4/11/2007, 03:17 PM
hehehe.

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 03:23 PM

I had no idea the university bought that building. Connections ceased to be after one of the residents was found walking down the street with a human head in a grocery bag.

Highlights of the one time I delivered pizza there:

Four people playing imaginary cards. That's right--they were literally 52 cards short of a full deck.
A man wondering around with his pants down to his ankles.
A man having an argument with my car when I left.

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 03:25 PM
In what year did this killing go on?

For some reason I cant help but think there was a threat about this place a few yrs ago now that klatt mentions delivering pizzas. Hmm.....

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 03:26 PM
In what year did this killing go on?

1996 or 1997 or so. It happened over the summer, but everybody was talking about it when school started again.

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 03:27 PM
I had no idea the university bought that building. Connections ceased to be after one of the residents was found walking down the street with a human head in a grocery bag.

Highlights of the one time I delivered pizza there:

Four people playing imaginary cards. That's right--they were literally 52 cards short of a full deck.
A man wondering around with his pants down to his ankles.
A man having an argument with my car when I left.

Was the person that ordered and paid fairly normal?

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 03:27 PM
For some reason I cant help but think there was a threat about this place a few yrs ago now that klatt mentions delivering pizzas. Hmm.....

You would be correct.

OUDoc
4/11/2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, used to have interesting people hanging out front in the late 80's.
Was it called Newman Hall then? I only remember the Connections name.

proud gonzo
4/11/2007, 03:32 PM
the other day i saw a light on in a window of the building at 10 p.m. or so. kinda creeped me out.

mdklatt
4/11/2007, 03:33 PM
Was the person that ordered and paid fairly normal?

She was an employee. She was cowering in the reception area when I got there. Her back was turned, and when I tried to get her attention it startled her so much she jumped and yelped. I imagine that working there kept you on edge.

I also deliverd to the actual nuthouse (Griffin) one time. That time it was a resident that placed the order without any of the staff knowing. He paid in nothing but pennies and nickels.

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 03:37 PM
Sad deal. I used to deliver prescriptions to nursing homes for a pharmacy I worked at. It was sad going into the alsymers unit. They would all come up to me and just start mumbling. Sad.

IB4OU2
4/11/2007, 03:39 PM
the other day i saw a light on in a window of the building at 10 p.m. or so. kinda creeped me out.

I saw this face staring out of that same window-

http://www.mindspring.com/~mike.wicks/AENewman.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/11/2007, 03:40 PM

Sorry...I was sharpening my knives.

:meat:

Petro-Sooner
4/11/2007, 03:41 PM
I'm going to have to start paying more attention to this place as I drive by. Didnt even know it was there til recently. Was like, WTF is Newman Hall?

OKLA21FAN
4/11/2007, 03:42 PM
that was just Desmond, probably going to the bathroom or something

LoyalFan
4/11/2007, 03:46 PM
It's being renamed "Numa Numa Hall" and will be used a dorm for fat kids who are majoring in Lip Synching.

Rosie O'Donnell will speak...uh...shriek...at the Grand Opening.

LF

AggieTool
4/11/2007, 04:55 PM
It's being renamed "Numa Numa Hall" and will be used a dorm for fat kids who are majoring in Lip Synching.

Rosie O'Donnell will speak...uh...shriek...at the Grand Opening.

LF

Fat Kids = horizontally challenged.