PDA

View Full Version : the current baseball fashion trend

picasso
4/11/2007, 09:02 AM
of leaving the bill on the cap flat is so Ashton Kutcher/white rapper wannabe crappy looking, etc..
you can change from tight to baggy back to tight pants, leave the high sock look or go with the ankle pant look but the flat hat bill has gotta go.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting.

C&CDean
4/11/2007, 09:09 AM
of leaving the bill on the cap flat is so Ashton Kutcher/white rapper wannabe crappy looking, etc..
you can change from tight to baggy back to tight pants, leave the high sock look or go with the ankle pant look but the flat hat bill has gotta go.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting.

Dontrell Willis with his flat-brimmed hat pulled down over his ears is the stupidest look in sports.

1stTimeCaller
4/11/2007, 09:09 AM
as a group, baseball players are the weirdest and most trend-following athletes that I can think of.

Boomer.....
4/11/2007, 09:11 AM
I HATE that look.

BigRedJed
4/11/2007, 09:15 AM
God I'll be glad when this fascination with baseball is over. Hip-hop unis, muhfuggah this, mufuggah that. I can't wait until we can get back to supporting college baseball.

C&CDean
4/11/2007, 09:40 AM
God I'll be glad when this fascination with baseball is over. Hip-hop unis, muhfuggah this, mufuggah that. I can't wait until we can get back to supporting college baseball.

Heh. NBA this, muh****ah.

BigRedJed
4/11/2007, 09:43 AM
Heh. I swear I was at that Hornets-Clippers game last night thinking, "Dang, too bad Dean isn't here. He would love this." It was a more electric atmosphere than all but a dozen or so college games I've ever gone to, and it was still less electric than probably a dozen Hornets games last year. You even would have liked the music over the PA most of the time. It's seriously the most family-friendly, fun environment of any sporting event I've ever attended. I'll hate to see it go.

Mjcpr
4/11/2007, 09:44 AM
Heh. I swear I was at that Hornets-Clippers game last night thinking, "Dang, too bad Dean isn't here. He would love this." It was a more electric atmosphere than all but a dozen or so college games I've ever gone to, and it was still less electric than probably a dozen Hornets games last year. You even would have liked the music over the PA most of the time. It's seriously the most family-friendly, fun environment of any sporting event I've ever attended. I'll hate to see it go.

Can it cure cancer too?

JohnnyMack
4/11/2007, 09:49 AM
I can't wait until we can get back to supporting college baseball.

:les:PING!!!!!!!!!!

skycat
4/11/2007, 10:38 AM

That's because you go to college basketball games in Norman.

picasso
4/11/2007, 10:42 AM
ouch. painfully true but, one decent season at KSU and you're talking basketball smack????:D

BigRedJed
4/11/2007, 10:43 AM
And Wichita. And Lawrence. And Stillwater. And Austin. And Kansas City. And NCAAs in Dallas and OKC. But far be it from me to have any experience watching college hoop.

skycat
4/11/2007, 10:43 AM
ouch. painfully true but, one decent season at KSU and you're talking basketball smack????:D

I grew up going to games in Ahearn. Old memories, but good ones. ;)

skycat
4/11/2007, 10:44 AM
And Wichita. And Lawrence. And Stillwater. And Austin. And Kansas City. And NCAAs in Dallas and OKC. But far be it from me to have any experience watching college hoop.

Wichita and Austin also blow pretty hard.

I've been to a few NBA games myself, and I'm not a fan.

BigRedJed
4/11/2007, 10:46 AM
Wichita didn't blow hard back when I was going to games there. In fact, it was one of the top programs in the country for a brief, shining moment.

BigRedJed
4/11/2007, 10:47 AM
...I've been to a few NBA games myself, and I'm not a fan.
Duly noted.

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2007, 10:48 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one that has noticed the new hat trend in MLB

cant remember which pitcher, but there's an AL reliever out there that tilts the brim of his cap ever so slightly to the side.....just enough where its noticeable

why the league doesnt enforce the uniform rules is beyond me......hell the NFL will fine you if your sock isnt all the way up to your knees

royalfan5
4/11/2007, 10:49 AM

cant remember which pitcher, but there's an AL reliever out there that tilts the brim of his cap ever so slightly to the side.....just enough where its noticeable

why the league doesnt enforce the uniform rules is beyond me......hell the NFL will fine you if your sock isnt all the way up to your knees
The Guy with the Red Sox, Alvarez does that because he is blind in one eye, and by positioning his hat like that it protects his good eye.

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2007, 10:50 AM
not him, somebody else, just cant remember his name

C&CDean
4/11/2007, 11:00 AM
One of them nappy-headed hoes?

picasso
4/11/2007, 11:01 AM

it's in the minors and in high school too. it's a sad tale and could be another sign of the apocalypse.

that and reality tv.

royalfan5
4/11/2007, 11:06 AM
Both my Grandpa's wore flat brims on that caps for years. I don't think it represented anything other than a desire to keep the sun out of there eyes though. They would even tilt them to one side depending on the orientation of the tractor towards the sun.

picasso
4/11/2007, 11:10 AM
Both my Grandpa's wore flat brims on that caps for years. I don't think it represented anything other than a desire to keep the sun out of there eyes though. They would even tilt them to one side depending on the orientation of the tractor towards the sun.
dude, old folks have always done that! that's because the trend was to break 'em in or fold 'em. old dudes still do that but that's not the reason behind the youngins doing it these days.

royalfan5
4/11/2007, 11:13 AM
dude, old folks have always done that! that's because the trend was to break 'em in or fold 'em. old dudes still do that but that's not the reason behind the youngins doing it these days.
If it was good enough for Grandpa it should be good enough for today's kids.