PDA

View Full Version : Will we get Alden Farquahar?

LoyalFan
4/11/2007, 01:40 AM
This kid is a phenom! Ran for 1303 yds as a Soph last season, on 42 carries!
Plus, he's an Honor Roll student, had a 3.97 GPA, plays bassoon in the Concert Band, and is an altar boy at Saint Murgatroyd's.
A quote from his coach:"Alden is a college recruiter's dream. He's fast, smart, and he is a humble young athlete."
We can only hope he will give OU a look.

LF

birddog
4/11/2007, 02:22 AM
i did a search for him and couldn't find anything.

do you have a link or something?

chbrew09
4/11/2007, 02:29 AM
31 yds per carry, is that fair? is that possible? is that human?

LoyalFan
4/11/2007, 02:55 AM
I'll try to get a link.

LF

snp
4/11/2007, 12:43 PM
He has character issues

Seamus
4/11/2007, 01:16 PM
As a Catholic, word is he's a heavy Notre Dame lean. He's planning to wait on committing to wait and see if Charlie Weis sticks around.

Seamus
4/11/2007, 01:17 PM
chbrew = http://www.seawear.com/images/fish-hooks/polynesian-fish-hook-433~11.jpg

;)

fwsooner22
4/11/2007, 03:23 PM
Gotcha

Widescreen
4/11/2007, 05:26 PM
31 yds per carry, is that fair? is that possible? is that human?
If their defense was better and created short fields, that average would come down. He can probably thank a bad defense.

;)

Salt City Sooner
4/11/2007, 09:13 PM
Where's that Kasey Studdard thread when you need it.......

Seamus
4/12/2007, 01:15 PM
Bring back Sidd Finch. ;)

Paperclip
4/12/2007, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure Farquahar was Mrs. Drysdale's maiden name.

chbrew09
4/13/2007, 03:48 AM
Seamus, I feel dumb, but I don't get the "hook"...fill me in so I can feel even worse

Paperclip
4/13/2007, 08:26 AM
Hooked, like a fish.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/13/2007, 06:42 PM
Bring back Sidd Finch. ;)

He was just never the same after the double-Tommy John surgery.

Dropped him down to 102 mph on his right arm fast-ball and a single-A 84 mph on his left. I just think he lost his confidence after that...

starrca23
4/14/2007, 10:36 AM
I would love to see that article again. Anyone got a link?

Salt City Sooner
4/14/2007, 12:10 PM
I would love to see that article again. Anyone got a link?
http://www.bostonbaseball.com/whitesox/baseball_extras/sidd.html

starrca23
4/14/2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks.

Seamus
4/15/2007, 12:40 PM
chbrew, the original post date for this thread should have been April 1. ;)

LoyalFan
7/23/2007, 09:23 PM
Well, we did NOT get this uberdemigod of athleticism.
Alden has opted to follow in his dad's footsteps and play for the perennial powerhouse of the prairies, little-heralded but even less-respected South Dakota School of Mortuary Science.
The Fighting Embalmers will no doubt reach new heights with this stud in the mix.
Head Coach Marvin Scharnhorst was barely able to contain his delight at the official inking ceremony (pen was fueled with Formalyn, BTW,) and the affair was highlighted by a performance of the school's fight song (Chopin's "Funeral March", played really, really, fast,) as an accompaniment to a delightful dance routine by the Cadaverettes.
So, one potential All-American has escaped our grasp but there are others eager to take his place for the Crimson 'n Cream. In fact, rumor has it that Alden's stablemate at Orville Redenbacher High School, one Lennie "Da Horse" DaVinci, himself no slouch at running back, is scheduled to visit OU, though after normal business hours, so soon as he can hitch a ride.
Stay tuned, gentle readers, for glad tidings and positive portents are ever-nearer.

LF

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/23/2007, 11:43 PM
Well, we did NOT get this uberdemigod of athleticism.
Alden has opted to follow in his dad's footsteps and play for the perennial powerhouse of the prairies, little-heralded but even less-respected South Dakota School of Mortuary Science.
The Fighting Embalmers will no doubt reach new heights with this stud in the mix.
Head Coach Marvin Scharnhorst was barely able to contain his delight at the official inking ceremony (pen was fueled with Formalyn, BTW,) and the affair was highlighted by a performance of the school's fight song (Chopin's "Funeral March", played really, really, fast,) as an accompaniment to a delightful dance routine by the Cadaverettes.
So, one potential All-American has escaped our grasp but there are others eager to take his place for the Crimson 'n Cream. In fact, rumor has it that Alden's stablemate at Orville Redenbacher High School, one Lennie "Da Horse" DaVinci, himself no slouch at running back, is scheduled to visit OU, though after normal business hours, so soon as he can hitch a ride.
Stay tuned, gentle readers, for glad tidings and positive portents are ever-nearer.

LFAre you practicing for a humor column, or just bored, like some of us?

critical_phil
7/24/2007, 12:17 AM
Are you practicing for a humor column, or just bored, like some of us?

LF is hit or miss on his humor, but Chopin's "Funeral March", played really, really, fast = funny.