PDA

View Full Version : Billy Blackard quit?

goingoneight
4/10/2007, 10:15 PM
I didn't know this... heard Hale report it today. He said that was the reason for the late DT signee from Lawton. Didn't see it posted anywhere, so I thought I'd let anyone who cares know. I don't remember him playing, but I do remember other players and coaches bragging about his progress before.

Wonder if he quit because of Granger and McCoy being tops the list, now? I mean, if these two are as good as advertised, and Grangers seems to be catching on nicely, I'd probably consider playing OL or some other options, too.

Rhino
4/10/2007, 10:49 PM
College life is appealing for young kids.

Playing college football is appealing for young kids.

Doing everything to be/stay a college football player isn't as appealing.

Soonerfan88
4/10/2007, 11:06 PM
From what I understand, he doesn't let much get in the way of his party schedule.

snp
4/10/2007, 11:34 PM

This bears repeating.

NorthernIowaSooner
4/11/2007, 02:50 AM
that sucks since he was a home grown kid but if you dont have the work ethic and desire to get into the rotation then were probly better off without. sucks to lose players but if they dont/cant live up to expectations on the field or academically then were better off without. DT doesnt seem to be a real deep postion after the top 4 but the top 3 seem really good

fwsooner22
4/11/2007, 08:57 AM
Which Lawton school was he from........anybody know?

EstablishedSooner1967
4/11/2007, 10:02 AM
Soonerfan88 hit it on the head! Billy Blackard knows where the parties are form what I have heard...

OSUAggie
4/11/2007, 10:06 AM
Which Lawton school was he from........anybody know?

He's from Claremore.

goingoneight
4/11/2007, 10:40 PM
The kid we signed after he quit is from Lawton, I believe. I'll look it up.

insuranceman_22
4/11/2007, 10:44 PM
He worked his butt off, had to to be on this team. Unfortunately for him, the talent pool at DT at OU is looking very strong. Granger and McCoy were both Defensive National Players of the year (respectively) by several of the scouting services. He wasn't going to make it on the field much if any and I think he saw the writing on the wall. Good luck to him.