PDA

View Full Version : Watching movies with my 7 year old is painful

sanantoniosooner
4/10/2007, 09:11 PM
He asks so many questions that it just flat drives you nuts. Even when he has seen the movie many times.

So, we get "Invincible" and before the movie starts I explain to him the rule for the night. He gets ONE question. Think hard what you will ask because I will only answer ONE question during the movie.

So what is his ONE question?

10 seconds into the movie he asked if it was a true story.

He kills me sometimes.

proud gonzo
4/10/2007, 09:17 PM
pfff, kids are supposed to ask questions. When it gets annoying is the adults who ask questions constantly...

Widescreen
4/10/2007, 09:39 PM
pfff, kids are supposed to ask questions. When it gets annoying is the adults who ask questions constantly...
What do you mean?

proud gonzo
4/10/2007, 09:50 PM
My boyfriend's mom asks questions all through movies. And she doesn't pay attention, so she'll be asking things they've already explained.

And my aunt and uncle have no attention span for watching movies, so they'll sit there and talk or wander off and then all the sudden start watching again and ask "what the hell is that? What's going on? Who's he? Is he the bad guy?" They don't get movies at all. well, i guess it's mostly my aunt. my uncle's not too bad about it.

little kids I expect to ask questions all the time. adults are supposed to be able to comprehend things on their own.

sanantoniosooner
4/10/2007, 09:52 PM
You may expect it.

It doesn't make is less annoying when you haven't seen the movie yourself yet.

jk the sooner fan
4/10/2007, 09:56 PM
my kids used to ask some real doozies......because of my former job, when they were little, anytime a police car went by with lights and sirens, they just thought for sure that i had a clue where the cop was going and what they were doing

ummm, yeah.....not so much

stoops the eternal pimp
4/10/2007, 10:00 PM
As a Youth Minister I always have a house full of kids eating everything out of my fridge and watching movies...And some of them are so annoying when it comes to watching movies I ve had to make movie rules..especially for the girl that when we started watching Pay It Forward after it came out, she spouts off at the beginning "This is so sad! He dies in the end!"..

1. If you have seen it dont talk about it during the movie...especially the "Your gonna love this part" guy or the quote the movie girl who speaks through out the movie.
2. You are limited to one question and it better be good...
3. Please dont ask me to rewind/skip back because you dont understand what just happened

sanantoniosooner
4/10/2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, my 7 year old has a hard time keeping secrets when he knows what happens and somebody is watching for the first time.

"The Dad's the killer, he has a split personality" :mad:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 10:04 PM
It is not just limited to movies, it also applies to video games, which to me can be much worse.

birddog
4/10/2007, 10:05 PM
http://utvpc.com/

blades of glory is on here, if you're interested.

sanantoniosooner
4/10/2007, 10:06 PM
It is not just limited to movies, it also applies to video games, which to me can be much worse.
yeah, for some reason he thinks I can get him past a point he's stuck at when I've never even played the game in question.:D

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 10:09 PM
My little cousin used to sit and ask questions while my brother and I played Grand Theft Auto.

"Why is that guy shooting at you?"
"Why did you drive in the grass?"
"Why is that woman in the car with you?" :D

SicEmBaylor
4/10/2007, 10:10 PM
10 seconds into the movie he asked if it was a true story.
.....well........is it?

skycat
4/10/2007, 10:24 PM
What do you mean?

Excellent work.:D

:pop:

Vaevictis
4/10/2007, 10:33 PM

Heh, kids learn not to do that around me. They all learn pretty quickly that once they hand the controller over to me, they're not getting it back any time soon.

What really kills me about that is, I know when I was a kid, I never asked my parents to play my games for me. Neither did anyone I knew. What the hell happened that kids started doing that?

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 10:34 PM
Heh, kids learn not to do that around me. They all learn pretty quickly that once they hand the controller over to me, they're not getting it back any time soon.

What really kills me about that is, I know when I was a kid, I never asked my parents to play my games for me. Neither did anyone I knew. What the hell happened that kids started doing that?

I don't know, you had to get a crowbar to get the controller out of my hand! I guess games aren't as good as they used to be...

Vaevictis
4/10/2007, 10:40 PM
It just seems kids have gotten much less skilled at video games.

There's a 7-8 year old girl that visits my house, and she'll sit down and play Mega Man (the first one), and no matter how hard she tries, she can't get past the first few parts of any of the stages. I just can't fathom it.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 10:48 PM
I still go back and play all the old Mario games down at my grandmas house (where we moved the NES) and still play the Super Nintendo when I go home from college. Me and my buddies here in Norman have the N64 still hooked up, even though we have a 360 and a Wii. After all the years of playing games, the old 2-D games are the best. These seem to be the ones that little kids have the most problems with and I have never understood why!

GottaHavePride
4/10/2007, 10:52 PM
Mario 3 was a bitch. I could get all the way to world 8 (the hard way, not the sissy warp-flute way) and then I'd bite it right at the beginning of world 8.

Vaevictis
4/10/2007, 10:56 PM
After all the years of playing games, the old 2-D games are the best. These seem to be the ones that little kids have the most problems with and I have never understood why!

It's because the old 2-D games are harder.

(really, they are.)

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 11:01 PM
Mario 3 was a bitch. I could get all the way to world 8 (the hard way, not the sissy warp-flute way) and then I'd bite it right at the beginning of world 8.

I P-Winged that b*tch.

garland sooner
4/10/2007, 11:05 PM
I P-Winged that bitch.

LMAO:D

pb4ou
4/10/2007, 11:06 PM
I really loved the stick man football game on atari.

PAW
4/10/2007, 11:08 PM
And my aunt and uncle have no attention span for watching movies, so they'll sit there and talk or wander off and then all the sudden start watching again and ask "what the hell is that? What's going on? Who's he? Is he the bad guy?" They don't get movies at all. well, i guess it's mostly my aunt. my uncle's not too bad about it.

My MIL does the same thing. She wants to visit, gets up to do other things, asks questions about whats going on, and then claims the movie made no sense (half the time it doesn't make sense to anybody else either because she's always interrupting). She'll be talking and then ask about something that just happened . . . heck if I know; you were talking. I honestly don't know if there's a movie out there that has ever made sense to her.

SicEmBaylor
4/10/2007, 11:10 PM
My grandmother is the same damned way. She constantly asks, "well, who is that person?" or "Well, what are they doing?"

And I kid you not the thing she says most often "well, hope they don't get snake bit!"

Soonerus
4/10/2007, 11:13 PM
You may expect it.

It doesn't make is less annoying when you haven't seen the movie yourself yet.

Its called "bonding", get over it....

rd280z
4/11/2007, 07:22 AM
I promise you that there will come a time that you wish for those moments again when they are young like that.

SoonerJack
4/11/2007, 08:23 AM
and RD280z wins the prize.

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2007, 08:27 AM
Well, there comes a point you'll miss breathing too.;)

Doesn't mean I'll miss coughing though.

yermom
4/11/2007, 12:25 PM
It's because the old 2-D games are harder.

(really, they are.)

now you are just supposed to beat it and buy a new one the next week ;)