PDA

View Full Version : How many Oklahomans do we have on our football team, and...

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 12:45 PM
...from where are the others? :)

MichiganSooner
4/10/2007, 01:29 PM
They all live in Norman and they all play on the Oklahoma football team so all are Oklahomans! Even the ones from texass.

StuIsTheMan
4/10/2007, 01:32 PM
It's on the Roster list at Soonerfans.com

Rhino
4/10/2007, 01:38 PM
Scholarship / contributing players (including the incoming fall class):

Texas - 38
Oklahoma - 20
Louisiana - 5
Nevada - 3
Arizona - 2
California - 2
Colorado - 2
Kansas - 2
Michigan - 2
Virginia - 2
Florida - 1
Georgia - 1
Illinois - 1
Missouri - 1
New Jersey - 1
Ohio - 1
North Carolina - 1
South Carolina - 1

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 02:01 PM
Scholarship / contributing players (including the incoming fall class):

Texas - 38
Oklahoma - 20
Louisiana - 5
Nevada - 3
Arizona - 2
California - 2
Colorado - 2
Kansas - 2
Michigan - 2
Virginia - 2
Florida - 1
Georgia - 1
Illinois - 1
Missouri - 1
New Jersey - 1
Ohio - 1
North Carolina - 1
South Carolina - 1Thank you Rhino. :)

soonervegas
4/10/2007, 02:38 PM
It sure seems like we have done well in La. lately. Is that a recent event or have we done that historically?

mdklatt
4/10/2007, 02:59 PM
It sure seems like we have done well in La. lately. Is that a recent event or have we done that historically?

Not sure if you'd consider Brent Rawls recent.

Or doing well. :mad:

EDIT: Wasn't Ruuuuuufus from Baton Rouge?

OU-HSV
4/10/2007, 04:02 PM

Or Alexandria, LA...something like that I think

htownsooner7
4/10/2007, 04:20 PM
I'm tired of the Whorn fans making this point. I grew up in Texas after the fam moved down from Pawhuska. I've hated tu my whole life. Don't like A&M or Tech either. I'm sure many of OUr players feel the same way. I played college baseball "out of state." You go and play for the school with the best program (winning, tradition, coaching, atmosphere) and where you have the best opportunity to accomplish your goals (be it a DI starter like Heupel and White or exposure and NFL stardom like Tommie Harris and AD). The state you grew up in takes a backseat. All of the tu folks that make this point were never athletes or they would understand this point. I'm booking my hotel soon for the 2007 RRS. It's been too damn long without a win. As far as I'm concerned, that's our "national championship" until tu becomes an afterthought like the 63-14 and 12-0 a**kickings. We need to shore up a competent QB (there are stars everywhere that need the ball distributed to them) some harassing DEs that get in the backfield and workmanlike playmaking LBs. That happens and this will be a story book year.

Rhino
4/10/2007, 04:23 PM
Well, okay.

batonrougesooner
4/10/2007, 04:26 PM
Or Alexandria, LA...something like that I think

Rufus was from Baton Rouge.

Nick Harris and Chris Brown are from Alexandria.

BajaOklahoma
4/10/2007, 04:57 PM
I think the important point is the "from" in "from Texas."
There are a bunch of people who live down here but don't consider themselves "Texans." <insert waving hand>
Besides, the correct term is Baja Oklahoma.

Harry Beanbag
4/10/2007, 05:10 PM

Don't forget about Tristen Ross, he was awesome.

CrimsonFaithful
4/10/2007, 05:33 PM
We get all the Texas players because they don't want to go to UT

:D

BASSooner
4/10/2007, 07:45 PM
A UT friend of mine who currently enrolls at mizzou believes that the state of Texas should pass a law that forbids out-of-state universities to recruit in the state of texas....:rolleyes:

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 08:08 PM
That's a pretty solid number of oklahomans considering the size difference between the two states (TX/OK). Texas just has too many good players to fill only the Texas Schools. If both OU and OSU only recruited Oklahoma (even if there was only one major state school) we'd suck.

For those who don't realize it, Oklahoma has a population of 3.5 million while Texas has a population of 20 million. There are actually more people in the dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex (5 million) than all of Oklahoma. So having a 2:1 ratio on the team is actually pretty dang good. OU recruits in state very well.

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 08:11 PM
A UT friend of mine who currently enrolls at mizzou believes that the state of Texas should pass a law that forbids out-of-state universities to recruit in the state of texas....:rolleyes:

If he's serious that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. :D

snp
4/10/2007, 08:43 PM

I can't speak historically, but recruiting outta Louisiana is tough to do. They do a real good job in keeping the top talent instate.

BASSooner
4/10/2007, 08:45 PM
If he's serious that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. :D
Oh yeah. He is also ridiculously biased if you havn't figured that out already. That's why he's a journalism major. He'll be a damn good one too.

101sooner
4/10/2007, 09:06 PM
That's a pretty solid number of oklahomans considering the size difference between the two states (TX/OK). Texas just has too many good players to fill only the Texas Schools. If both OU and OSU only recruited Oklahoma (since there is one major state school) OSU would continue to suck, just like they have for the last 100 years.

I agree.

goingoneight
4/10/2007, 09:48 PM
Oh yeah. He is also ridiculously biased if you havn't figured that out already. That's why he's a journalism major. He'll be a damn good one too.

I smell a future millionaire ESPN journalist. ;)

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 11:18 PM

LOL!

101sooner, you almost snuck that one past me. ;)

BASSooner
4/11/2007, 02:29 AM
I smell a future millionaire ESPN journalist. ;)
my thoughts exacty:D

freshchris05
4/11/2007, 10:39 AM
If anyone wants to know why we get so many texan recruits they should read bootlegger's boy itll clear it all up...

DeadSolidPerfect
4/11/2007, 03:59 PM
OU recruits in state very well.
Thanks for the update.

arenateam
4/11/2007, 04:19 PM
hmmmm,.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2007, 04:24 PM
hmmmm,.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

Seamus
4/11/2007, 06:49 PM
If both OU and OSU only recruited Oklahoma, both programs would suck, instead of just us.

Fixed that for ya ... :texan: