PDA

View Full Version : So im tryin to quit again....

Norman Sooner
4/10/2007, 12:44 PM
I quit dipping last year and then thought i could have just 1 dip about 5 months later and that got me going again...So with getting engaged i figured it would be a good time to stop again...Its been like 6 hours thus far and sucks...my head is pounding..

royalfan5
4/10/2007, 12:46 PM
Are you sucking on anything to keep your mouth occupied? I had a relative that would destroy bags of Jolly Ranchers when he was trying to quit. He succeeded eventually.

Mjcpr
4/10/2007, 12:48 PM
Are you sucking on anything to keep your mouth occupied?

I think this is one reason Howzit never got involved with tobacco products.

Fraggle145
4/10/2007, 12:51 PM
I have recently succeeded at quitting dipping. I chewed gum constnatly, winterfresh. I was an ******* for like a week.

I now have a rule that whenever my friends or my brother visits we can dip and whoever is the host gets to keep the can when the guest leaves. It still sucks quitting every time, but the torture reinforces my commitment I guess. It also gives me something to look forward to.

I would suggest not drinking alcohol for a while that always made it worse for me.

SoonerStormchaser
4/10/2007, 01:20 PM
Norman, this is gonna be a tough road for you...not having ever used tobacco myself (except a few cigars in Vegas), I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be to kick the habit.

Mrs. SoonerStormchaser's ex-husband used to dip...and she said it was the most disgusting thing EVAR...and that it was the best thing she ever did for him for quitting.

Basically, what I'm saying is that your woman WILL notice that you've quit...and WILL be greatful for it.

Hang in there.

Sooner in Tampa
4/10/2007, 01:23 PM
Are you sucking on anything to keep your mouth occupied? Number one on the list of things to NEVER ask another man.

jeremy885
4/10/2007, 01:26 PM
Starting Chantix tomorrow to help me stop smoking. Boy is this going to be a rough month.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 01:30 PM
Dude, the girl has already neutered you. You can't even post on a message board without permission. You probably oughta just go ahead and start shooting your dip up - in vein - and get it over with.

Norman Sooner
4/10/2007, 01:44 PM
Dude, the girl has already neutered you. You can't even post on a message board without permission. You probably oughta just go ahead and start shooting your dip up - in vein - and get it over with.

In her defense, she has never said 1 word about the dipping other than "can you please use a bottle instead of a cup so it wont spill"

I really feel like hurting someone right now though...

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 02:06 PM
In her defense, she has never said 1 word about the dipping other than "can you please use a bottle instead of a cup so it wont spill"

I really feel like hurting someone right now though...

Then this would be a perfect time to go "lookey heah beeyotch, I've been posting on sf.com since long before I decided to hook up with you. And I'm gonna continue to do it, and you're gonna ****ing like it. Dig?"

Then spit some Skoal juice in her eye.

OUDoc
4/10/2007, 02:08 PM
Then spit some Skoal juice in her eye.
Thought it was Beechnut?

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 02:09 PM
Thought it was Beechnut?

Skoal is wintergreen. It burns worserer.

frankensooner
4/10/2007, 02:10 PM
spit terbacky is the only thing I have ever been addicted to. It helps me relate to what drug addicts and alcholics go through. Just take it one day at a time. There will be cues that send you looking for a 7-11 but don't give in. Every fall it hits me and I start jonesing. I have no idea why. You can make it though.

Fraggle145
4/10/2007, 03:57 PM
Its all about will power man! stay strong. the first three days are the worst.