PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think about this Immigration Gumball speaker?

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 12:30 PM
This cant possibly be true, can it? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

Turd_Ferguson
4/10/2007, 12:45 PM
I think a couple of those gumball's fell into the Capitol Hill area.

Ike
4/10/2007, 12:46 PM
I think the key to immigration reform is to build a wall around america that can only be crossed while dancing a polka. Because people that can't do the polka have no place in America.

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 12:49 PM
I think the key to immigration reform is to build a wall around america that can only be crossed while dancing a polka. Because people that can't do the polka have no place in America.
At the very least anyone allowed into the United States of America should profess their love for football over soccer. :D

Ike
4/10/2007, 01:23 PM
At the very least anyone allowed into the United States of America should profess their love for football over soccer. :D

careful...some of them foreigners have sneaky workarounds for that one....they already call soccer football.

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 01:26 PM
careful...some of them foreigners have sneaky workarounds for that one....they already call soccer football.
Yep, and beware of the ones who pronounce it futbol (fute-bowl). They could be spies. :pop:

mdklatt
4/10/2007, 01:31 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing, but this guy seems to be implying that zero population growth is a good thing. I'm sure he conveniently forgets to mention that zero popluation growth generally means zero economic growth as well--especially as we become primarily a service economy.

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 01:57 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing, but this guy seems to be implying that zero population growth is a good thing. I'm sure he conveniently forgets to mention that zero popluation growth generally means zero economic growth as well--especially as we become primarily a service economy.At the end he goes on to explain that migration should be held at a minimum like it was in the sixties.

mdklatt
4/10/2007, 01:59 PM
At the end he goes on to explain that migration should be held at a minimum like it was in the sixties.

Minimum, as in ZPG right?

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 02:39 PM
Minimum, as in ZPG right?No, not like in ZPG. Comprende' mi amigo? :D

mdklatt
4/10/2007, 02:46 PM
No, not like in ZPG. Comprende' mi amigo? :D

Is the US better or worse off for all the waves of European immigrants in the 19th and 20th centuries (including your family, most likely)? They were overwhelmingly poor, sent money back home, segregated themselves, and--gasp--didn't speak English. But that was just the first generation or two. Now we're all just as fully assimilated and lazy as the DAR.

The whole Mexican immigration debate is Same ****, Different Decade.

yermom
4/10/2007, 02:56 PM
not quite, i mean the Irish had to at least take a boat to get here, as opposed to just swimming across a river ;)

i think with the sheer number and all of the culture that is already here, the Southwest could all be speaking Spanish if left unchecked in a few generations

but is there anything wrong with that? isn't our country supposed to be a melting pot? give us your tired, your weak, whatever?

mdklatt
4/10/2007, 03:00 PM
not quite, i mean the Irish had to at least take a boat to get here, as opposed to just swimming across a river ;)

i think with the sheer number and all of the culture that is already here, the Southwest could all be speaking Spanish if left unchecked in a few generations

Do they speak Irish in Boston? Wait a minute....

yermom
4/10/2007, 03:02 PM
i'm not sure what they speak in Boston :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/10/2007, 03:04 PM
Clavinese.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 03:20 PM
NORMese.

OCUDad
4/10/2007, 03:24 PM
NAHMese.Fixed.

Ike
4/10/2007, 03:30 PM

but is there anything wrong with that? isn't our country supposed to be a melting pot? give us your tired, your weak, whatever?

Or course there is something wrong with that. Spanish isn't English! Rabble rabble rabble!

And the melting pot bit, that was just made up by some author somewhere. It has never been official policy. Same with the "give us your yadda yadda."

In other words, those things were just some random dudes idea of America. :pop:

BajaOklahoma
4/10/2007, 05:27 PM
I think you should all speak the language of my ancestors - Cherokee.