PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards is skeered of her gun-totin' hillbilly neighbor

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 09:41 PM
One question Liz. WTF did you buy the property in the first place? He was there when you began construction on the Edwards compound wasn't he. Mybe if you were nice to the geezer things would work out. Sheesh!

Hey Olevet! You gotta cousin named Monty?;)

Edwards scared of 'rabid Republican' neighbor
By Charles Rex Arbogast, AP

Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home — and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval. "I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage that he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

"I have to budget. I have to leave within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway, has criticized Edwards for the scale of their nearby home. The property and home, which includes an indoor basketball court, an indoor handball court and an indoor pool, is valued at $5.3 million.

The Edwardses are still putting the final touches on the property, which they purchased in 2003.

"I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Johnson said he has put his property on the market, in part blaming the high property taxes for his decision to leave. He also wants to move for another reason.

"I don't want to live somewhere where someone's always complaining about me," he said.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2007, 09:58 PM
This could get interesting for Mr. and Mrs. Two Americas...

picasso
4/9/2007, 10:01 PM
doesn't she have bigger things to worry about? and just how much can you be affected by a neighbor who lives in a different area code?:D

soonerscuba
4/9/2007, 10:03 PM
what a faggot.

picasso
4/9/2007, 10:06 PM
what a faggot.
the gun toter?:D

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 10:47 PM
HEH
If they Think hes strange , They damn sure dont wanta be around me .:cool:

GrapevineSooner
4/9/2007, 11:24 PM
Has Mr. Two America's taken any pro-bono cases lately?

yermom
4/10/2007, 07:55 AM
55 is a geezer?

how old are you Homey? :D

what was he doing with the gun though? i mean if he just had it visible it's one thing, if we was waving it around, that's another

damn, she does sound like a total bitch in this exchange though

this is the same one with cancer, right? doesn't she have bigger things to be worried about?

picasso
4/10/2007, 07:58 AM
yermon, you get out to the country much? If someone lives on an isolated spread and you find your way to the end of their driveway, there's always a good chance someone will greet you with a gun.

VeeJay
4/10/2007, 07:59 AM
The move is on for it to be illegal to be a registered Republican.

So Mrs. Breck Girl is afraid of the gun-totin' neighbor. Yeah, I'm sure ol' Monty is gonna shoot her kids.

What an a$$ clown. Hey, lady, sorry about your health situation, but you're still an a$$ clown.

yermom
4/10/2007, 08:06 AM
yermom, you get out to the country much? If someone lives on an isolated spread and you find your way to the end of their driveway, there's always a good chance someone will greet you with a gun.

not that much, but i don't make a habit of seeing where driveways go when i do either

while i'm not saying the guy was wrong, he might just be an *******

OklahomaTuba
4/10/2007, 08:38 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2040/308/400/521740/johnedwardshousesign.jpg

Very nice.

I think its great that the Edwards are trashing someone in the "other" America, cause they are poor, scary and have guns.

landrun
4/10/2007, 08:41 AM
Where's the link to this story?

OklahomaTuba
4/10/2007, 08:43 AM
http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2007/02/dissing-john-edwards-tigerhawk.html

OklahomaTuba
4/10/2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.johnlocke.org/images/articles/screen_45b96f4556a25.jpg

O’Brien asked about Edwards “getting Americans to conserve more.” Edwards responded with talk of conservation and then requirements. “One of the things that’s going to be required is for Americans to be willing to drive more fuel-efficient vehicles and to be willing to conserve and we want to help them do that.”

When O’Brien asked specifically about his house, Edwards turned into a dancing king. Asked about the cost of energy for the home, Edwards tried several answers:

“It’s actually not bad.” And followed that up with talk of how energy efficient the home was.
“I’m not telling you. It’s actually, it’s actually not bad. It’s about three or four hundred dollars, the last one I saw.”
Following that claim, Edwards backed off a bit and said “the power bill is several hundred dollars a month."http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2007/20070320125451.aspx

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 08:48 AM
55 is a geezer?

how old are you Homey? :D

what was he doing with the gun though? i mean if he just had it visible it's one thing, if we was waving it around, that's another

damn, she does sound like a total bitch in this exchange though

this is the same one with cancer, right? doesn't she have bigger things to be worried about?

Walking about armed on one's own property with an otherwise legal weapon is probably not a crime. Brandishing said weapon in order to intimidate folks may be. My sense is Mrs. Edwards just doesn't like the looks of a geezer strolling about his property in possession of a firearm. That tends to scare certain folks who are scared of guns generally, and they often become particularly scared when the gun toter is not considered "friendly."

As an aside, I proudly claim my geezerhood. I too am >45. The greatest aspect of geezerhood is it liberates one from otherwise constrictive social norms and taboos because most people give geezers a "pass"...unless they have a national TV or radio program.;)

Generally, geezers are allowed to speak their minds and that fact is the essence of geezerhood's attractiveness. BTW, I agree, Mrs. Edwards has more pressing issues to worry about than this guy.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/10/2007, 08:56 AM
We should start a fund to help this cat with his property taxes.

He doesn't need to move just because some stuffed shirt, self-righteous c*** moves in across the way. Cancer or no, presidential candidate or no, this is just the high and mighty being high and mighty. F*** her. F*** her, the horse she rode in on, and feed her fish heads.

Uppity skank.

SoonerTerry
4/10/2007, 08:57 AM
Has Mr. Two America's taken any pro-bono cases lately?

I hear he is all about the Pro-BoneO

SoonerTerry
4/10/2007, 09:00 AM
We should start a fund to help this cat with his property taxes.

He doesn't need to move just because some stuffed shirt, self-righteous c*** moves in across the way. Cancer or no, presidential candidate or no, this is just the high and mighty being high and mighty. F*** her. F*** her, the horse she rode in on, and feed her fish heads.

Uppity skank.

REVEREND...hic..

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 09:03 AM
If you ever come to my property and I come out to greet you there's a very high probability that I will be armed. In fact, you could probably bank on it. Why? Well, several reasons. First and foremost being that at almost any time a skunk, possum, armadillo, coon, crow, or coyote may pop out. Secondly, since we are in the country, there's a pretty good chance that YOU may be armed. Thirdly, there's a couple of prisons a few miles up the road. While I've never worried about it, one never knows when somebody has decided they've had enough of the prison life.

So, maybe this guy can sell the slum to the fag and his old lady. That'd be sweet.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/10/2007, 09:04 AM
Or maybe he can open up a gun range to help out with his property taxes.

I'd shoot there. In a heartbeat.

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 09:11 AM
Maybe she could bequeath him a few bucks to cover the taxes? She's toast right?

SoonerTerry
4/10/2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.johnlocke.org/images/articles/screen_45b96f4556a25.jpg

http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2007/20070320125451.aspx

The guy is remarkable full o **** ....

Hell I live in a 3 BR 2 LR and the letrik bill is uuuuuhh several hunerd dollars a month.

Ya wanna know why he danced around it... its because he desn't write the freekin check for it. He has cronies to do that for him. I can't believe he let himself get caught like that.... well... yes I can

85Sooner
4/10/2007, 09:53 AM
From What I hear she won't be bitching very long.

OklahomaTuba
4/10/2007, 11:39 AM
Heh, someone on his campaign is buying the place I heard.

You know, so when he pretends to care about the environment, he won't look like such a typical liberal bull**** artist.

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 01:21 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/little_devil_winks.gif After I win me that Ruf Nek boom stick, I dare those rabid liberals to come on my property.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2007, 01:25 PM
From What I hear she won't be bitching very long.

Please tell me you didn't just go where I think you went.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 01:27 PM
Please tell me you didn't just go where I think you went.

He did. BFD. People die every day.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2007, 01:29 PM
All class I tell ya.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 01:31 PM
I'm reasonably certain that "class" isn't a pre-requisite for posting on this bbs. When somebody personally insults my commander-in-chief I'd say that is pretty much as classless as it gets. So get off the high horse tonto.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2007, 01:34 PM
****, you wanna talk about high horses? You ride the freakin' Trojan Horse to work everyday.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 01:36 PM
****, you wanna talk about high horses? You ride the freakin' Trojan Horse to work everyday.

**** yeah! Not many folks can handle that beast.

frankensooner
4/10/2007, 02:06 PM
If'n my neighbors were chasing off city workers with a gun, I might be a wee bit perplexed and not want my kids venturing near his property. I am all for his right to own said weapons though, brandish, not so much.

1stTimeCaller
4/10/2007, 02:59 PM
The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.
"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview

Tolerance in action.

NormanPride
4/10/2007, 03:01 PM
Hey, all for the gun-totin' folk out there, and Edwards is a class-A ******tool, but chasing off city officials with firearms is a bit over the top.

olevet excluded, of course. :D

OklahomaTuba
4/10/2007, 03:06 PM
Tolerance in action.

No doubt. He is probably a Christian republican who supports himself without the aid of welfare, and might have even served his country.

No wonder they hate him.

olevetonahill
4/10/2007, 03:08 PM
Hey, all for the gun-totin' folk out there, and Edwards is a class-A ******tool, but chasing off city officials with firearms is a bit over the top.

olevet excluded, of course. :D
They are in the county not a city .
And Im like dean on the having a gun in my hand when someone comes up my hill .
Now if someone wants to come on my hill come on , just call me 1st , that way I dont accidently shoot ur ***. ;)

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 03:12 PM
They are in the county not a city .
And Im like dean on the having a gun in my hand when someone comes up my hill .
Now if someone wants to come on my hill come on , just call me 1st , that way I dont accidently shoot ur ***. ;)

FUHGZACTLY.

NormanPride
4/10/2007, 03:26 PM
Oh, well if the city officials didn't call... fugg'em.

C&CDean
4/10/2007, 03:56 PM
Oh, well if the city officials didn't call... fugg'em.

I've scared the ever-lovin' caca outta the OEC meter reader a time or two. When I wake up, and see some dude out in the pasture behind the house looking through some binoculars at the back of my house, he's gonna be at the business end of a firearm very quickly.

I know the guy now, and he always has a big OEC decal on his truck, and wears an orange vest with OEC on it when he comes out to my place. If I'm home, and he sees me, he always yells "hey, don't shoot!!" We both laugh.

Jerk
4/10/2007, 05:15 PM
We need to have a fundraiser and buy this guy an AK-47.

He probably chased off those city workers with grandpa's single shot ought six. If he walked out there with a battle rifle with a 30 round magazine hanging off it, ol' eliz would sh** a brick.