PDA

View Full Version : I passed my ethics exam...

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 07:23 PM
administered by the National Conference of Bar Examiners. It's sumpin' they make lawyer larvae take in law skool before they grajitate and take the barzam. I did well enough to practice anywhere in the United States. The highest any state requires is a an 86 (Utah) and I beat the dogpoo outta that!

Oklahoma requires at least a 75.

Its great to feel all ethic-y.

:D

That is all.

reevie
4/9/2007, 07:42 PM
Congrats Homey

Let the bribing commence!

Sooner24
4/9/2007, 08:06 PM
So are you a shyste........lawyer, Homey?

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 08:14 PM
Lied like a MoFo . HUH ?:eek:

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 08:18 PM
Congrates, So you answer the oppsite of what you would do. Right

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2007, 08:20 PM
congrats homey...

pb4ou
4/9/2007, 08:46 PM
good jorb

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2007, 08:58 PM
Obligatory joke about attorney ethics being an oxymoron. :)

The ol' stepdad was on the Alaska Bar ethics committee. He was one of the few who was very vehemently against removing the advertising prohibition from the canons.

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 09:02 PM

The ol' stepdad was on the Alaska Bar ethics committee. He was one of the few who was very vehemently against removing the advertising prohibition from the canons.

Yep. Them ads can get a feller in hot water right quick. Gotta be real careful not to lead folks to believe you can deliver better than anyone else unless you got the stats to prove it.

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 09:03 PM

I aint gonna Laugh to hard and I aint gonna say whats on my mind !;)

SleestakSooner
4/9/2007, 11:14 PM
Congo-rats to you Mr. Attorney. With your considerable knowledge of OUr history I am sure you will make a fine bottom feeder no matter where you choose to be. ;)

MamaMia
4/9/2007, 11:37 PM
Congratulations on that Homey. :D
Don't attorneys have to take some oath too?

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 05:18 AM
Congratulations on that Homey. :D
Don't attorneys have to take some oath too?

I reckon. After you pass the barzam.

But, I still have two semesters left before I grajitate.

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 05:37 AM
Congratulations, Homey.
I always figured you for being honest and all.

You know, its actually kinda sad they even feel the need to require an ethics exam. The profession from which I retired didn't have one. I'm not sure mandatory passage of this written test guarentees the passer will practice ethically, but it's a start I guess.

MamaMia
4/10/2007, 12:54 PM
You will make a fine attorney Homey. Don't let it change you. :)

AggieTool
4/10/2007, 01:07 PM
administered by the National Conference of Bar Examiners. It's sumpin' they make lawyer larvae take in law skool before they grajitate and take the barzam. I did well enough to practice anywhere in the United States. The highest any state requires is a an 86 (Utah) and I beat the dogpoo outta that!

Oklahoma requires at least a 75.

Its great to feel all ethic-y.

:D

That is all.

Meh...

You prolly cheated...:D

SicEmBaylor
4/10/2007, 01:09 PM
So, when do they teach you what running shoes to buy for maximum comfort when chasing ambulances?

crawfish
4/10/2007, 01:15 PM
Good thing you only have to "know" it, eh? ;)

Congrats!

Ike
4/10/2007, 01:20 PM
Yep. Them ads can get a feller in hot water right quick. Gotta be real careful not to lead folks to believe you can deliver better than anyone else unless you got the stats to prove it.
That ain't sayin much. I can get you stats to prove anything.

Ike
4/10/2007, 01:22 PM
You know, its actually kinda sad they even feel the need to require an ethics exam. The profession from which I retired didn't have one. I'm not sure mandatory passage of this written test guarentees the passer will practice ethically, but it's a start I guess.
well, it at least gives them assurance that you know about ethical behavior. I guess they figure that they can't expect someone to act ethically if they don't already know what ethical means.

TMcGee86
4/10/2007, 01:31 PM
Good jorb.

Especially if it was your first time taking it.

I didn't study for it the first time I took it and made a 74.

I studied and took it after I had Pro Res and made like a 120 something.

Apparently I am not all that ethical when left to my own devices. Oh well, that's why God invented BarBri.

Xstnlsooner
4/10/2007, 01:37 PM
Nothing personal Homey, being the fine gentleman that you are and all
and a Sooner fan otot, but don't we have enough sheister/lawyer
types? What motivated you to enter this profession?

TexasLidig8r
4/10/2007, 01:46 PM
Congrats on becoming one step closer.. to...

http://www.rumrill.net/brian/pics/pics5/pics5/DarthVader/darth_vader_closeup.jpg

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 02:30 PM
Nothing personal Homey, being the fine gentleman that you are and all
and a Sooner fan otot, but don't we have enough sheister/lawyer
types? What motivated you to enter this profession?

Short annswer, after you take off the uniform as I did when I retired, to do great good in our society (and I don't mean as a politician) it helps a ton to have a license to practice law.

Phil
4/10/2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I've gotta take the MPRE again in August, since I'm taking yet another bar exam in July. I took it in '04 after I took the Nevada Bar Exam, and that was good enough for Nevada and Texas. However, I guess they think after two years you might have forgotten something. I'm not gonna study, though.

Anyways, congrats, Homes.

Ike
4/10/2007, 02:36 PM
Short annswer, after you take off the uniform as I did when I retired, to do great good in our society (and I don't mean as a politician) it helps a ton to have a license to practice law.
The inverse is also true.

to do great evil in our society it helps a ton to have a license to practice law.

SteelClip49
4/10/2007, 03:45 PM
I HATE LAW CLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Media Law last semester and Business Law this semester. So much legit crap 3 days a week, 150 minutes is mind boggling. Good thing my pops is a lawyer and he can help shed some light on what I am doing.
I am involved with contract law now and well, someone please just slap the crap out of me and tell me that it will get better.
I respect lawyers and what they go through to get their juris doctor and for that matter make a career of it.

OUDoc
4/10/2007, 04:12 PM
Congrats! When do you get to start sleeping with clients?

Okla-homey
4/10/2007, 04:29 PM
Congrats! When do you get to start sleeping with clients?

You can if the relationship predated the representation.;)

Mixer!
4/10/2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats, Homey.