PDA

View Full Version : Props to Carter Whitson

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 07:02 PM
On a day in which more than a couple of OUr starting and 2nd team WR's were dropping passes, I thought it was pretty cool that a walkon WR who is trying to make a name for himself stepped up and caught a couple of big passes. I watched a little of the spring game for the second time a bit ago and just as I thought the first time I saw it...that TD pass he caught was a helluva nice snag.
I met Carter's dad (the former Broken Arrow Tiger's football coach) around the start of last season, here in B.A. He was a down to earth guy, and had a lot of enthusiasm..I could see part of why he had been successful as a head football coach in the past. I held a brief conversation with him, part of which we talked about OU. I told him I had read about his son Carter (in Sooner Spectator) and I wished him luck. I've always admired these athletes that come in as walkons and try to work themselves into playing time and potential sholarships. With those two grabs, (and assuming he's been consistent at practice too) you have to wonder if he's going to be more than a special teams player, and possibly added into the first/or second WR rotation come the '07 season opener. Anyways, that is all. Props to Carter.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/9/2007, 07:09 PM
Way to go, Carter. Get in there and score some points in the fall!

SONofa47straitSOONER
4/9/2007, 07:38 PM
Brent Whitson, Carter's dad, is a friend of mine from grade school. He was my QB at Ada High and at East Central University. I jumped out of my chair and started yelling at the TV like it was a real game when Carter made that T.D. grab! Moments like that are awesome! "Drink it in!"

CrimsonFaithful
4/9/2007, 07:45 PM
Pssh, he should start. :D

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 08:20 PM
Brent Whitson, Carter's dad, is a friend of mine from grade school. He was my QB at Ada High and at East Central University. I jumped out of my chair and started yelling at the TV like it was a real game when Carter made that T.D. grab! Moments like that are awesome! "Drink it in!"
Yep..awesome indeed. I'm sure his dad was proud.

william_brasky
4/9/2007, 08:33 PM
He was the pleasant surprise of the scrimmage.

Seems to have great hands. A possession-type receiver.

After witnessing a day of dropsies (Kevin Sumlin, hot seat :) ) it was nice to see a guy step in there and make some grabs.

boomersooner28
4/9/2007, 08:40 PM
He had a helluva day! At first, me, my buddy, and all of the other fans around us were like "who the hell is this whitson dude?"...then it became "Whitson for Governor!". That was fun to see! :D

Landthief 1972
4/10/2007, 09:22 AM
I couldn't believe we had anybody smaller than Gute on our team. The kid looked like a toddler out there next to the linemen.

But he made some great plays. Kudos.

Flagstaffsooner
4/10/2007, 12:11 PM
Slap him a scolly!

MojoRisen
4/10/2007, 12:29 PM
Does anyone remember wes sims for tulsa? Played for the colts for a little while.

Pricetag
4/10/2007, 12:42 PM
Did Carter play for Broken Arrow under his dad? I thought he was the QB there for a couple of years, but when I checked his bio at SoonerSports, it said he was from Shawnee.

SONofa47straitSOONER
4/10/2007, 01:37 PM
Did Carter play for Broken Arrow under his dad? I thought he was the QB there for a couple of years, but when I checked his bio at SoonerSports, it said he was from Shawnee.

Yes, he played QB at Broken Arrow for his dad. But the year before, he played QB for his dad at Shawnee, where they won the state championship. His bio must be off a year.

william_brasky
4/10/2007, 01:43 PM
Does anyone remember wes sims for tulsa? Played for the colts for a little while.

:confused:

http://scott.k12.va.us/shoemaker/SES%20Say%20No%20to%20Drugs%20002.jpg

SONofa47straitSOONER
4/10/2007, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know where Carter's older brother Tanner is playing now? He was the starting QB at NEO. Wonder if he's playing football his junior and senior college years?

MojoRisen
4/10/2007, 03:26 PM
:confused:

http://scott.k12.va.us/shoemaker/SES%20Say%20No%20to%20Drugs%20002.jpg

Damn- just a comparison to Whitson... Wes Caswell was his real name.

Pricetag
4/10/2007, 03:41 PM
Damn- just a comparison to Whitson... Wes Caswell was his real name.
I think we all remember that guy.

NormanPride
4/10/2007, 03:56 PM
He burned Lendy like a hot thing on skin.

i got nuthin...

OU-HSV
4/10/2007, 03:57 PM
Yes, he played QB at Broken Arrow for his dad. But the year before, he played QB for his dad at Shawnee, where they won the state championship. His bio must be off a year.
Yeah, and I think there was something about maybe an injury his junior or senior year that limited his playing time...am I right?

snp
4/10/2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know where Carter's older brother Tanner is playing now? He was the starting QB at NEO. Wonder if he's playing football his junior and senior college years?

He's at ou.

East Coast Bias
4/10/2007, 06:22 PM
The "Wes Sims from Tulsa" reference was probably meant to be Wes Caswell, Edison graduate who played for TU. He was very short and small but speedy....

MojoRisen
4/10/2007, 06:40 PM
Indeed Wes Caswell- Watched him often the boy could play. If whitson keeps making plays I would have em in there.