proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 06:00 PM
I hate sinus infections.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2007, 06:06 PM
feeling your pain right now....misery

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 06:11 PM
it's making it really hard to concentrate on the crusades.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2007, 06:14 PM
what meds are you takin?

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 06:17 PM
Allegra and Nasacort AQ nasal spray (I always take those for allergies) and the doctor gave me Omnicef (antibiotic)

i've also got some chloraseptic throat spray, some halls vitamin C drops, and Afrin standing by just in case.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2007, 06:19 PM
Im doing chloroseptic, MucinexI(great stuff) and some other stuff...nuthin works like it should tho

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 06:40 PM
i'm not convinced about that mucinex stuff. The commercials call it a cough suppressant AND expectorant...and I don't think it can be both at once. Anyway, my throat isn't really the trouble, it's my sinuses.

oh, i have some zicam, too. that stuff is awesome

picasso
4/9/2007, 06:47 PM
nuke a cup of water. add salt, and snort it.

sounds awful and it is, but it do work.

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 07:15 PM
i've heard that suggestion so many times, and i just can't bring myself to try it. How the heck do you not drown? gah.

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 07:59 PM
ok, the salt water up the nose is sounding more and more appealing... if this doesn't start getting better, I might have to try it :mad:

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 08:21 PM
I aint gotta clue as to what I take evry day for this crap . But it works for me .
If I dont take it I sneeze my head off !

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 08:23 PM
yeah--i take Allegra and i get allergy shots every week for the past year...and it worked really really well until about 8 p.m. yesterday and I woke up this morning with a sinus infection.

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 08:26 PM
Bastages , gave you a placebo huh ? :mad:

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 09:14 PM
You should take up smoking. It would harden your sinuses and you would be less likely to suffer from these seasonal afflictions.:texan:

Ever notice that smokers never have allergy problems?

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 09:51 PM
I bet that'd do wonders for my asthma ;)

Melo
4/9/2007, 09:54 PM
i get allergy shots every week for the past year

Holy crap! :eek:
Hope you feel better soon.

proud gonzo
4/9/2007, 10:56 PM
nah, allergy shots have been pretty awesome, aside from the bruises and knots... Normally i'm miserable for the entire spring instead of just a week or so.

and now maybe i can feel a little better. Iggy went all over the place and managed to track down a little jar of heaven:
http://www.hometownfavorites.com/images/items/Large/hfsa126.jpg
that ought to help open up the sinuses. :D

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 11:52 PM
You should take up smoking. It would harden your sinuses and you would be less likely to suffer from these seasonal afflictions.:texan:

Yeah, but that darned ol' cancer don't go away too easy. :texan:

proud gonzo
4/10/2007, 10:46 AM
great... it's moved on to the cough now :mad:

soonersweetie
4/10/2007, 02:43 PM
try some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea with a spoonful of honey in it. It's great on the throat and cough.

Also, fill up your sink or a pot with hot water and put a towel over your head and breathe in the steam, that will help your sinuses too. Vicks Vaporub would be good too.

Hope you feel better.

jeremy885
4/10/2007, 03:11 PM

Hate to say it, but it's probably true. I had allergies as bad as PG (weekly shots, etc), but after I started smoking they seemed to go away.

proud gonzo
4/10/2007, 03:24 PM
yeah, i'm definitely not going that route.