PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait "On hold"

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 04:42 PM
I called Linen's and Things to see if they have a IHome Ipod boom box at their location. I saw it on the internet and want to save on shipping.

I called and got transferred to another guy who said "Ihome Ipod, hold on a second"

That was 30 minutes ago.

Since then I have gone online, purchased said item, arranged for pickup at that store (proving they have one) and now continue on hold.

Update: As I typed this, they evidently tried to solve the problem by picking up and hanging up real quick.

It was a battle of priniciple and I won.

Plus I got some nice background music at my cube. :D

Sooner24
4/9/2007, 04:46 PM
Boy you sure showed them. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your input.

oh yeah, :rolleyes:

Sooner24
4/9/2007, 04:59 PM
YW. :D

SicEmBaylor
4/9/2007, 05:01 PM
Depends on what it is. I was on hold for 5 mins the other day waiting to order a pizza and about ready to go postal on the guy when he finally came back to the phone. If this were a 5 minute wait for say...tech support..then I'd think I was the luckiest SOB this side of I don't know what.

MamaMia
4/9/2007, 05:04 PM
Call them back. Push *67 before you dial their number. Tell them that you're from the corporate office and that you got a complaint from an irate phone customer about how they put people on hold and hang up on them. Tell them that that heads are going to roll, somebody is going to lose their job and that you will be in town next Monday. :pop:

Sooner24
4/9/2007, 05:06 PM
To answer the original question, NOT VERY LONG! I called to order a pizza last night, was put on hold, and after two minutes hung up and called another pizza place.

Now, the really important question is, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll?

http://site.ticklespop.com/2005/owlsticker.gif

sooner_born_1960
4/9/2007, 05:08 PM
To answer the original question, NOT VERY LONG! I called to order a pizza last night, was put on hold, and after two minutes hung up and called another pizza place.

Now, the really important question is, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll?

http://site.ticklespop.com/2005/owlsticker.gif
That's a trick question. You meant Tootsie Roll Pop.

sanantoniosooner
4/9/2007, 05:12 PM
Boy you sure showed them. :rolleyes:
Actually I have to side with this post.:D

Sooner24
4/9/2007, 05:12 PM
That's a trick question. You meant Tootsie Roll Pop.

Yes you are correct. :O

Czar Soonerov
4/9/2007, 05:14 PM
I don't call Linen's & Things, I only shop at Home Depot & Lowes.

sanantoniosooner
4/9/2007, 05:15 PM
I don't call Linen's & Things, I only shop at Home Depot & Lowes.
Bed Bath and Beyond was rude to him though;)

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 05:24 PM
THEY DON"T CARRY THAT ITEM ****WADS!!!

:D