PDA

View Full Version : Rediculously early but still encouraging!

Collier11
4/9/2007, 04:20 PM
I realize it is April and this is completely useless to us right now, but Lunardi thinks enough of the job Capel did last year paired with our incoming recruits to think we will make the field next year. Here is hoping that we pull off a jai lucas surprise!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 04:23 PM
See you ****ers in Charlotte!

fwsooner22
4/9/2007, 04:47 PM

NIT for you guarantee boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 04:49 PM
We're still a lock. ;)

birddog
4/9/2007, 10:42 PM
boy, that is ridiculously early.

i think i'll focus on football for now, but it is nice that our boys get some recognition.

badger
4/10/2007, 08:36 AM
Sorry, but Sutton Jr. can't control your second-chance players like Drunk Eddie could. You may go to the tourney, but it would be wise to get immediate round-trip tickets, because your trips will be short and to the point.

They win, you lose. GO HOME!:D

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry, but Sutton Jr. can't control your second-chance players like Drunk Eddie could. You may go to the tourney, but it would be wise to get immediate round-trip tickets, because your trips will be short and to the point.

They win, you lose. GO HOME!:D

Sutton Jr. was the main coach during the final four run. Believe it not, he is primarily responsible for that accomplishment of coaching.

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 09:02 AM
Sutton Jr. was the main coach during the final four run. Believe it not, he is primarily responsible for that accomplishment of coaching.

I wouldn't go that far...

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 09:22 AM

WHAT? I'll bet Eddie would not agree with that......Wow, that is a serious stretch......If it is true, then you should have no problem with getting back to the final four next year.....we have heard that Jr. recruited all the kids, now he was the REAL coach during its greatest success. WHO KNEW?....... we are all so done........why play............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 09:34 AM
WHAT? I'll bet Eddie would not agree with that......Wow, that is a serious stretch......If it is true, then you should have no problem with getting back to the final four next year.....we have heard that Jr. recruited all the kids, now he was the REAL coach during its greatest success. WHO KNEW?....... we are all so done........why play............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think what he is referring to is that Sean has run practicese since about 1999 or 2000. Eddie kind of sat in the 1st row and chimed in when he felt it necessary. However, Sean was nothing more than the top assistant at any time other than practice, which is why I wouldn't say Sean is "mostly" responsible for anything before February of 2006.

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 09:44 AM
I think what he is referring to is that Sean has run practicese since about 1999 or 2000. Eddie kind of sat in the 1st row and chimed in when he felt it necessary. However, Sean was nothing more than the top assistant at any time other than practice, which is why I wouldn't say Sean is "mostly" responsible for anything before February of 2006.

That clears it up!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

badger
4/10/2007, 09:59 AM
First off, he doesn't have a name. He is just Sutton Jr. We all know that he didn't earn his job, his daddy's name earned his job. If he wanted to earn his job, how bout taking a crappy program (like say... Wazzu?) and make them go from worst to first in one season? Or even take a mid-major (like say... Virginia Commonwealth?) and help them contend with the best teams in the country (for example, Duke).

JUNIOR has done nothing but ride daddy's coattails... and other amusing stunts... which I shall list before you now:
1- Criticize the team for wanting to be on spring break instead of the NIT... when it was obvious that they were not prepared for (snicker) MARIST.
2- Fell on Lloyd Noble's floor by tripping over imaginary barrier.
3- This fall from grace was the reason he had a LOSING record as an acting coach. A record of 5-6. I quote from the official aggie page: "Last season, in the absence of his father, he accumulated an unofficial record of 5-6."

So, it is quite obvious that without daddy, he would still be a measily assistant at Mississippi (if not fired by now. when was the last time we heard about ole miss' basketball prominence?). In fact, he probably would never have played basketball for Kentucky or OSU if it weren't for daddy.

Perhaps he should take a page out of brother Scott Sutton's book (yes, we can call him Scott, because unlike Jr., he actually made a name for himself on his own). He can lead Oral Roberts to the tourney. He can win conference championships. He can do it all, while camped between OU and OSU in the state of Oklahoma... and he did it without taking over daddy's program.

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 10:02 AM
First off, he doesn't have a name. He is just Sutton Jr. We all know that he didn't earn his job, his daddy's name earned his job. If he wanted to earn his job, how bout taking a crappy program (like say... Wazzu?) and make them go from worst to first in one season? Or even take a mid-major (like say... Virginia Commonwealth?) and help them contend with the best teams in the country (for example, Duke).

JUNIOR has done nothing but ride daddy's coattails... and other amusing stunts... which I shall list before you now:
1- Criticize the team for wanting to be on spring break instead of the NIT... when it was obvious that they were not prepared for (snicker) MARIST.
3- This fall from grace was the reason he had a LOSING record as an acting coach. A record of 5-6. I quote from the official aggie page: "Last season, in the absence of his father, he accumulated an unofficial record of 5-6."

So, it is quite obvious that without daddy, he would still be a measily assistant at Mississippi (if not fired by now. when was the last time we heard about ole miss' basketball prominence?). In fact, he probably would never have played basketball for Kentucky or OSU if it weren't for daddy.

Perhaps he should take a page out of brother Scott Sutton's book (yes, we can call him Scott, because unlike Jr., he actually made a name for himself on his own). He can lead Oral Roberts to the tourney. He can win conference championships. He can do it all, while camped between OU and OSU in the state of Oklahoma... and he did it without taking over daddy's program.

What he said..................:pop: :pop: :pop:

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 10:16 AM
What he said..................:pop: :pop: :pop:

So.... NP's gay?

birddog
4/10/2007, 10:23 AM
no, he's biracial, er bisexual.

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 10:46 AM
Good God you spew such blasphemy.

Was Capel still coaching VCU when they "contended" with Duke? No...

It's not exactly uncommon for a person to get a job because of someone they know pulling some strings. Sean proved to his dad and the athletic department that he had the ability to lead the program with his ability to recruit and run the practices for the team. He's been the official head of the program for not even a year, won 22 games in his initial campaign, and is bringing in a top-15, possibly top-10 recruiting class.

1. What's wrong with that?
2. Fell in disgust after getting blatantly ****ed for the 2nd time in a minute and a half (Bookout walking in a dunk from the time line, Eaton "block").
3. Taking over a program while wondering WTF is wrong with your dad and having to play that schedule down the stretch (with a group of dumb *** freshmen), it's amazing that he was able to win 5 games. It's a commendable accomplishment, not something to criticize.

Ansu Sesay? No? Sean was an All-Big 8 performer at OSU, and holds a few shooting records; also led the team to the Sweet 16 a time or two (whilst getting screwed again to prevent a further trip).

If you think Scott got the job @ ORU without the assistance of Eddie, you're sadly mistaken. Yeah, he's done a nice job, but the Mid-Con ain't exactly difficult, so being camped between OSU and OU doesn't really have that much to do with anything.. Much different leagues.

Sean has coached 1 season, a season that produced 22 wins (or 38% more than your savior), was ranked in the top-10 (while your savior managed to not sniff the top 30), and finished in the semis of the Big XII Tournament (again, better than your boy). Oh yeah, he did this with 7 players most of the ****ing year. Talk **** when your boy actually does something worth a ****.

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 10:57 AM

Eddie is the source of my comment. He commonly said that Sean did most of the coaching in the final years that he was there. Oh, and if you remember, the recent problems with our team started under Eddie last year. Sean took over a troubled team. It's not the coaches, it's the character of many of the players we had on the court. Fortunately, two of the worst (boggan and monds) are gone. I'm still not sold on a few of the remaining players, but we do have some real quality coming back (Curry and Dove for example).

stoopified
4/10/2007, 11:26 AM
How the F**k dis this get turned into a lets talk about oSu and Mr. Floppy thread?This is about how good we COULD be next year under Capel.Personally I look for us to win 20 or so games and be about 9-7 or so in conference ,not sure that will get us in THE DANCE but that and a couple of qualty Non-con wins would I think.

IronHorseSooner
4/10/2007, 11:47 AM
Once again, the North will be crappy, while the South will be a gauntlet. Four teams from the South, versus the 1 in the North being Kansas seems to be the case that the South is better and more balanced. I agree that, with our additions, seem to be the fifth best team right now. Depending on how other teams in the South pan out with early entries, graduation, and coaching changes, we could move up to as high as 3 (Kansas will almost always be #1 due to the weak North schedule).

Ardmore_Sooner
4/10/2007, 12:02 PM
Sean has coached 1 season, a season that produced 22 wins (or 38% more than your savior), was ranked in the top-10 (while your savior managed to not sniff the top 30), and finished in the semis of the Big XII Tournament (again, better than your boy). Oh yeah, he did this with 7 players most of the ****ing year. Talk **** when your boy actually does something worth a ****.

You keep telling yourself it was a good season, jackass. :rolleyes:

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 12:26 PM
Eddie is the source of my comment. He commonly said that Sean did most of the coaching in the final years that he was there. Oh, and if you remember, the recent problems with our team started under Eddie last year. Sean took over a troubled team. It's not the coaches, it's the character of many of the players we had on the court. Fortunately, two of the worst (boggan and monds) are gone. I'm still not sold on a few of the remaining players, but we do have some real quality coming back (Curry and Dove for example).

Uh Oh ........Curry to NBA.......NOW WHAT.......Ummm, Jr. it's time to work the miracles......This is getting really interesting

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 12:37 PM
Curry declared for the NBA, as most juniors do, to determine his draft status. The likelihood that he'll actually go is about 1/100.

Collier11
4/10/2007, 12:48 PM

Seans teams dont play with discipline, they give up in half of their big games, and he was also coaching with Far Far superior talent than Capel was. Give them equal talent and I think Capel trumps Sutton easily. Just MHO!

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 12:59 PM
Teams? Who are these teams of which you speak? He's had 1 team, and you're right, they weren't disciplined. I'm willing to give Sean, who has a pretty solid track record and lineage of discipline, the benefit of the doubt when he states that players (namely Boggan and Monds) were the issue in this case. If next year's team is equally undisciplined, I'll raise concerns. Right now, Sean still has a year or two to prove whether or not he's good.

Regarding Capel, he definitely showed that he can be competitive with **** for talent this past season, and it's good that OU is back getting some respect by showing up in way too early projections for next year's tourney. Hopefully he'll be able to win some more games next year with an influx of what appears to be pretty solid talent. It's sickening to see the Big XII struggle like they have recently in out of conference games. Especially the ****ing North, who continues to disappoint in almost every sport.

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 01:03 PM
Curry declared for the NBA, as most juniors do, to determine his draft status. The likelihood that he'll actually go is about 1/100.

Wow, I was unaware that "most Juniors declare for the draft". That is one big gym that must workout in............Noticed you feel short of guaranteeing he would be staying.........I hope he stays I like his panic attacks............

And yes he is better than anything we have right now.....which makes it amazing that we were able to beat you.....could it be coaching? :D

Collier11
4/10/2007, 01:04 PM
I personally never said Sean was a bad coach, but with the talent he had in Boggan, Curry, Harris, Dove, and Eaton who were all better than OU's starters other than Carter, he should have been able to win a few more conf games and not get blown out in the big games within conf!

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, I was unaware that "most Juniors declare for the draft". That is one big gym that must workout in............Noticed you feel short of guaranteeing he would be staying.........I hope he stays I like his panic attacks............

Sorry, most juniors that have a prayer at making it.

I guarantee he'll stay.

OSUAggie
4/10/2007, 01:10 PM
I personally never said Sean was a bad coach, but with the talent he had in Boggan, Curry, Harris, Dove, and Eaton who were all better than OU's starters other than Carter, he should have been able to win a few more conf games and not get blown out in the big games within conf!

Right, I agree. It was his maiden voyage as a coach, though. I don't think you should expect a first-year coach to accomplish great things. The team fell apart, and I can understand people thinking that that is Sean's fault, but I think it has more to do with the players.

fwsooner22
4/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Colorado

tommieharris91
4/10/2007, 02:25 PM
I think that prediction will be pretty close. I would have OU on the bubble come selection Sunday, which is about where Lunardi puts OU.

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 02:46 PM
Ditto what Collier11 and OSUAggie said. As for the real thought behind this thread. I would agree that bubble or solid NIT is about right for OU. For OSU, it's really hard to tell. It really just depends on team chemistry. If they can get it together and play like a team they can challenge for the one of the top 2 spots in the league. They've got the talent. However, they could also end up in the NIT again. It really just depends on the players.

NormanPride
4/10/2007, 03:53 PM
Damnit, how do I get called a bisexual/tranny/whatever in a thread I don't even post in?!

It's all Floppy Jr.'s fault. **** off dip****!

Scott D
4/10/2007, 08:17 PM
Curry declared for the NBA, as most juniors do, to determine his draft status. The likelihood that he'll actually go have a career anywhere but europe is about 1/100.

fixed.

JohnnyMack
4/10/2007, 08:49 PM
fixed.

D00d ain't gotta go all the way to Europe to deal drugs. He can do that here.

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 11:08 PM
D00d ain't gotta go all the way to Europe to deal drugs. He can do that here.

Everytime you say something like that I can't help but picture it coming out of the baby in your avatar's mouth.

http://www.ajandkellie.com/photos/hello/72/1376/640/IMG_2148.jpg

"Ya'll don't want to mess with me, I'm gangsta!"

poke4christ
4/10/2007, 11:15 PM
BTW, a lot of times I'm just joking around over here and I think it might sometimes be taken as me being a jerk. Just an FYI, that's not how it's intended.

badger
4/11/2007, 08:48 AM
So.... NP's gay?
i used to have a sig and an avatar/location that hinted that i was a girl...

unfortunately, i lost a bet to herr the whorn and had to put up kevin durant.

but... since dooo-rant is headed to the nba, i guess that means i'm off the hook, right?

(of course, I've been off the hook since the gators won number two, but I've just been lazy)

In any event, history shows that:

1- Sutton Jr. had talent that was capable of making the NCAA tourney.
2- Sutton Jr. made the NIT instead
3- Sutton Jr. lost in the first round of the NIT to Marist, a small, small college in New York that is more mid-major than Oral Roberts.
4- Sutton Jr. blamed his players for not getting excited about the game.
5- Did I mention Sutton Jr. lost to Marist in the NIT at Stillwater in front of the orange peels?
6- Sutton Jr. was 5-6 when he was solely in charge of the team the previous year.
7- Sutton Jr. should be fired and replaced with Scott Sutton.

On the flip side...
1- Capel Jr. (or rather, Capel the Third... ooo! Can we call him Shrek the Third?) came from a program he established on the east coast, with no prior Big 12 experience.
2- JC3 (another nickname! I'm on a role...) Coached a young, inexperienced team.
3- Capel turned his inexperience in the Big 12 and his players' inexperience into a winning season and nearly made the postseason.
4- This was despite having the former coach bail, recruiting phone call violations and possible sanctions to distract, as well as Simpson's recruits transferring. Did I mention they suck?
5- Capel already has a good first recruiting class for next season.

History will show that Capel's first full season in the Big 12 was marked with many more hardships and yet, still had virtually the same outcome as Sutton Jr., who was dealt a better hand.

In other words, you can expect the same football-like dominance of this "B3DL@M" game in basketball, starting this year. I would definitely bet my avatar for both football and every basketball game. :D

OSUAggie
4/11/2007, 08:53 AM
The only respectable thing Capel's done in his life is be the leader on the worst Duke team in the last 30 years, and for that I am grateful.

badger
4/11/2007, 08:59 AM
The only respectable thing Capel's done in his life is be the leader on the worst Duke team in the last 30 years, and for that I am grateful.
And WHAT, exactly, has your current coach done to improve his team? It looks to me like he was relying on the status quo, as were the rest of your unmotivated players.

C'mon, aggie. You seriously don't think that your precious pokes are going to accomplish ANYTHING next season, do you?

Note: Accomplishments do NOT include the following...

1- Beating A&M and Kansas State "because they went to the postseason last year"
2- Beating Iowa State "because they've gone to the Final Four recently"
3- Beating Nebraska "because we wanted revenge on Bill Callahan calling us f**king pokebillies"
4- Going to the NIT... then losing to a team like Marist

So... are you going to accomplish anything next year? ZZzzzz. Maybe Jr. should do what Eddie did at Kentucky. Do stuff to win that he shouldn't. :D

OSUAggie
4/11/2007, 09:37 AM
Well... Bringing in a great class for next year will improve the team, so that's 1 thing.

Yes, I think they will accomplish something next year. I expect 25+ wins and a top 6 seed in the tournament. Eddie was cleared of all cheating charges. Attempt to use facts. ;)

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 10:12 AM
Well... Bringing in a great class for next year will improve the team, so that's 1 thing.

Yes, I think they will accomplish something next year. I expect 25+ wins and a top 6 seed in the tournament. Eddie was cleared of all cheating charges. Attempt to use facts. ;)

And OJ never killed anyone. Right.

fwsooner22
4/11/2007, 10:17 AM

I swear you are a plant to keep things rolling on the board during the "downtime".

Sutton's tenure at Kentucky ended with a scandal that badly damaged the school's basketball program. It broke out when an Emery Worldwide package sent to high school prospect Chris Mills from a Kentucky booster popped open and several large-denomination bills popped out. Another player, Eric Manuel, was found to have received improper assistance on his college entrance exams (a Sutton took the test) and was ultimately banned from NCAA competition. The scandal took the Wildcats to the point that they suffered their first losing season in 63 years and last since.

Kentucky was already on probation stemming from an extensive scheme of payments to recruits, and the NCAA seriously considered hitting the Wildcats with the "death penalty", which would have shut down the entire basketball program (as opposed to simply being banned from postseason play) for up to two years. However, school president David Roselle forced Sutton and athletic director Cliff Hagan to resign. Sutton later admitted that he didn't have enough control over the program, although he personally had committed wrongdoing.

No problem there!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon over to Stillwater we love that kinda behavior.....bring your bottle and your misfit transfers....we will work it out for ya....ya can even get drunk and almost kill people.....heck pi$$ where ever ya want....s'ok

badger
4/12/2007, 09:13 AM

I, however, think OU will do greater things. Granted, you may get Jai Lucus, or maybe we'll get him. In any event, I am willing to not say that we will beat you.

OU will beat OSU twice next season. :D

OSUAggie
4/12/2007, 10:41 AM
OU will beat OSU twice next season. :D

k, you willing to risk having a Poke avatar to back up that statement?

badger
4/12/2007, 09:05 PM
k, you willing to risk having a Poke avatar to back up that statement?
wow, look who's rolling in the red spek...

the question should not be whether I, the bet-your-avatar-against-all-odds badger, would be willing to risk having a Poke avatar. the question should be whether YOU, OSUAggie, will want yet another avatar that says "Should have been a SOONER" :D

speaking of avatars, I don't like kevin durant. I am switching it NOW. however, i would like to note that this is the ONLY avatar bet I have ever lost, and won three previous bets involving the huskers, whorns and okie aggies.

OSUAggie
4/12/2007, 09:40 PM
wow, look who's rolling in the red spek...

the question should not be whether I, the bet-your-avatar-against-all-odds badger, would be willing to risk having a Poke avatar. the question should be whether YOU, OSUAggie, will want yet another avatar that says "Should have been a SOONER" :D

speaking of avatars, I don't like kevin durant. I am switching it NOW. however, i would like to note that this is the ONLY avatar bet I have ever lost, and won three previous bets involving the huskers, whorns and okie aggies.

I took the previous bet (that there was no chance in hell to win) so you'd quit bitching. So, back to the question, do you want to risk the avatar based on the sweep you've so gracefully predicted?

And it's orange spek.

badger
4/12/2007, 10:51 PM
I took the previous bet (that there was no chance in hell to win) so you'd quit bitching. So, back to the question, do you want to risk the avatar based on the sweep you've so gracefully predicted?

And it's orange spek.
Now, now, OSUAggie, all I did was predict that OU would win TWICE. OU could meet you aggies more than twice, you know!

poke4christ
4/12/2007, 11:25 PM
Now, now, OSUAggie, all I did was predict that OU would win TWICE. OU could meet you aggies more than twice, you know!

Still a good bet to take.

OSUAggie
4/13/2007, 10:06 AM

k, win TWICE is the bet, then. I'll get to work on your avvie so it'll look nice for you in 11 months or so.

badger
4/13/2007, 09:47 PM
k, win TWICE is the bet, then. I'll get to work on your avvie so it'll look nice for you in 11 months or so.
WAIT, let's make this o-fish-all, shall we?

OSUAggie shall change his avatar from the conclusion of the Big 12 tournament until the conclusion of the NCAA tournament should OSU's men's basketball team lose to OU's men's basketball team twice during the 2007-08 season. "Season" includes all regular season games and Big 12 tournament games.

badger shall change her avatar during the same time period, should OU's team fail to win against OSU's twice.

The avatar shall be specified by the winner of said bet.

Deaaaaaaaaaaal???

...or no deal :)

OSUAggie
4/14/2007, 08:28 AM
WAIT, let's make this o-fish-all, shall we?

OSUAggie shall change his avatar from the conclusion of the Big 12 tournament until the conclusion of the NCAA tournament should OSU's men's basketball team lose to OU's men's basketball team twice during the 2007-08 season. "Season" includes all regular season games and Big 12 tournament games.

badger shall change her avatar during the same time period, should OU's team fail to win against OSU's twice.

The avatar shall be specified by the winner of said bet.

Deaaaaaaaaaaal???

...or no deal :)

Deaaaaaaaaaaaaal.... (Except it won't take until the end of the Big XII Tournament for OU to not be able to win twice ;))

badger
4/14/2007, 08:12 PM
Deaaaaaaaaaaaaal.... (Except it won't take until the end of the Big XII Tournament for OU to not be able to win twice ;))
zzzz. keep talkin'. I will make sure to bring this all up later when you've already left to join the aggie board "whine whine, sooner fans are sooooo mean!" ;)