PDA

View Full Version : Brody Eldridge... any updates???

soonerboy_odanorth
4/9/2007, 01:35 PM
Or on any other injury situations?

Thx.

Rhino
4/9/2007, 01:52 PM
From the Oklahoman:

Eldridge's diagnosis good: Tight end Brody Eldridge suffered what appeared to be a nasty knee injury during the second half.

After making a catch, his left foot planted as he was hit hard in the chest. It caused his knee to twist awkwardly, and he remained on the turf for several minutes.

A preliminary examination determined a low-grade sprain of the medial collateral ligament, offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said.

"He's one of our unsung, special players who gives me a great deal of comfort,” he said. "I was up there beating the wall the whole time, saying, ‘C'mon, c'mon, c'mon.' He's my guy.”

Eldridge has also made quite a fan of Stoops, who referred to the sophomore reserve as his favorite player earlier this spring.

"I'm hoping Brody's OK,” Stoops said. "He's checking out good right now.” Wilson said, "I guess we'll know more in the next few days, but initially, I guess it wasn't as severe as it looked.”

Boomer.....
4/9/2007, 01:53 PM
Rhino beat me to it.

SoonerLB
4/9/2007, 01:57 PM
Hope these reports are true, hate to see anyone go down. And may he catch many TD passes for his suffering!

soonerboy_odanorth
4/9/2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry, I should have said since yesterday's DO, I read that too.

I was just wondering if he'd undergone an MRI and if they'd found anything.

KingDavid
4/10/2007, 11:10 PM
What were the results of the MRI?

snp
4/10/2007, 11:32 PM
Don't worry about him, he'll be fine. out for Spring but he'll be back in time for the year.

It's always fun to follow Brody when he's on the field and when a ball isn't in flight to him. He really lays people out.

KingDavid
4/10/2007, 11:44 PM
true. i'll feel better when I learn about the MRI though.

Fraggle145
4/11/2007, 12:47 AM
Makes me glad we pushed the spring game up... guess Stoops knows what he's doin ;)

goingoneight
4/11/2007, 01:04 AM
Makes me glad we pushed the spring game up... guess Stoops knows what he's doin ;)

NickZepp doesn't think so... :P :D

Ash
4/11/2007, 01:08 AM
Well, I hope it remains as a sprain and not a tear. That was terrible to watch.

Here's for a quick recovery.

snp
4/11/2007, 02:22 AM
true. i'll feel better when I learn about the MRI though.

I'll be here to tell you "I told you so" ;) later in the week when the results are officially released.

NormanPride
4/11/2007, 10:06 AM
Knee: 4 weeks.
Ankle: 6 weeks

Back in time for summer workouts. :cool:

TheUnnamedSooner
4/11/2007, 08:33 PM
Or on any other injury situations?

My stubbed toe from earlier today is feeling much better. I should be back to 100% tomorrow, it's not broken as originally thought.
Thanks for your concern. :)

soonerboy_odanorth
4/12/2007, 10:51 AM
My stubbed toe from earlier today is feeling much better. I should be back to 100% tomorrow, it's not broken as originally thought.
Thanks for your concern. :)

That's good news! BTW, I can empathize. I clipped my big toe toenails too short. Stings like a beezaatch! And vewy tendew... eewww, ouch!

Rhino
4/12/2007, 11:52 AM
I'll be here to tell you "I told you so" ;) later in the week when the results are officially released. Eldridge's injury not severe: (http://newsok.com/article/3038904/) As bad as the hit looked, Oklahoma tight end Brody Eldridge seems lucky to have come away with only a sprain. In Saturday's Red-White game at Owen Field, Eldridge was hit hard by linebackers Lewis Baker and Mike Reed, knocking him back and rolling his left leg beneath him. Tests revealed only a mild MCL sprain as well as a high ankle sprain.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/12/2007, 12:05 PM
Eldridge's injury not severe: (http://newsok.com/article/3038904/) As bad as the hit looked, Oklahoma tight end Brody Eldridge seems lucky to have come away with only a sprain. In Saturday's Red-White game at Owen Field, Eldridge was hit hard by linebackers Lewis Baker and Mike Reed, knocking him back and rolling his left leg beneath him. Tests revealed only a mild MCL sprain as well as a high ankle sprain.

You know, the more I read that, the more I get really really worried... It's been like, a couple days since that was published in the DO and I just don't know if he will recover... :D

(I kid, because I love...;) )