PDA

View Full Version : Old Advertisements

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 09:30 AM
I'm looking for old advertisments and was wondering if anyone on here might have some old magazines or catalogs they could look through to see if there is anything I can use. I'm working on a coffee table book to be published as part of the Centennial.

Specifically, I am looking for ads from 1900s-1980s that sell things you might use around the house for entertainment, cooking, cleaning, furnishings, etc.

I've been to the library but most of the old stuff is microfilmed which means bad quality.

I know we have some hillbilly packrats here who can help me.

Mjcpr
4/9/2007, 09:33 AM
Would an image online be of any help or are you looking for the original pages?

http://www.yesterdaypaper.com/pages/sitemap.html

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the website! That helps. Of course, if anyone has old magazines collecting dust in the attic. . .

jk the sooner fan
4/9/2007, 09:52 AM
cant help you, but i did take a trip down nostalgia lane the other day, we ate at crapper barrell and they have cans of Charles Chips - i remember my grandmother used to have those all the time for us......i was tempted to buy one

mdklatt
4/9/2007, 10:02 AM
I'm working on a coffee table book

Can you have sex on it?

(Just getting that out of the way.)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 10:22 AM
Can you have sex on it?

(Just getting that out of the way.)If you buy one of my books I don't care what you do on it.

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 03:35 PM
I have a couple of old LIFE looks like April 1964, Life En Espanol nov 1967, some other spanish mag Claudia FEB/AUG 1967,looks like a bunch of U.S News late 89 to 1990

MamaMia
4/9/2007, 04:24 PM
Sooner Born Sooner Bred, do you live near the city, because I know of a great place that has the best magazines from the old days that are an absolute steal. I don't know the name of the place but I can give you directions.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 04:33 PM
Mia, I live in OKC. I bet it is one of those near the fairgrounds.

Homer, Do any of them have ads in them.

Petro-Sooner
4/9/2007, 04:36 PM
Women can write books?? :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/csl1997l.jpg

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 04:46 PM
Let’s see,
May Tag, Canada Dry club soda, Parker ink pen, Chesterfield cigarettes, Ad for Walt Disney magic tough at the new yorks world fair, old Budweiser ad, AC oil filter, Gillette after shave, general Tire, Heh old Honda motorcycle, max factor makeup, Milk bones, coke cola , western electric telephone, GE vacuum with attachments, jockey underwear,

Wood work of Pondersa pine, It will beautify your home, Hill pet food, heh Six new designs for chevy, Chevy II, corvair, Corvette, chevy truck, Chevelle,
Sara Lee invents the Frozen cookie
Zenith TV
Campbells soup- 2 page add with 21 combinations of soup with lunch

And that’s thru page 41

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 04:50 PM
Heres a nice one.
Now possible to shrink and heal hemorrhoids with out surgery. Only preparation h contains new healing substance that can shrink hemorrhoids with out surgery and at the same time relieve itching and pain

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 04:52 PM
kodak instamatic camera, if they only knew what we had now

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 04:53 PM
Nice 2 page kelloggs sugar frosted flakes

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 04:54 PM
i guess that would be a YES there are a few adds

Mjcpr
4/9/2007, 04:58 PM
Women can write books?? :confused:

She did say she was looking for cooking, cleaning and furnishings ads mostly.

:D

Vaevictis
4/9/2007, 05:03 PM
Have you tried going to some of the smaller departmental libraries on campus?

They often have oooold original copies of magazines and journals that they've accumulated over the years. Heck, outside of the Felgar Hall Engineering Library, they often have stacks of 30-40 year old magazines they're giving away.

MamaMia
4/9/2007, 05:09 PM
Mia, I live in OKC. I bet it is one of those near the fairgrounds.

Homer, Do any of them have ads in them.
Yes. Go on over there. That shop is a goldmine for old magazines. :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 09:18 PM
Let’s see,
May Tag, Canada Dry club soda, Parker ink pen, Chesterfield cigarettes, Ad for Walt Disney magic tough at the new yorks world fair, old Budweiser ad, AC oil filter, Gillette after shave, general Tire, Heh old Honda motorcycle, max factor makeup, Milk bones, coke cola , western electric telephone, GE vacuum with attachments, jockey underwear,

Wood work of Pondersa pine, It will beautify your home, Hill pet food, heh Six new designs for chevy, Chevy II, corvair, Corvette, chevy truck, Chevelle,
Sara Lee invents the Frozen cookie
Zenith TV
Campbells soup- 2 page add with 21 combinations of soup with lunch

And that’s thru page 41I don't suppose you'd scan some of those or let me borrow your magazines then send them back to you would ya?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2007, 09:20 PM
She did say she was looking for cooking, cleaning and furnishings ads mostly.

:D*Scratches Pat's name off of Prank Call on Girls' Trip List*

OUHOMER
4/9/2007, 10:00 PM
you can have them.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/10/2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks Homer! I still need ones from other decades.