PDA

View Full Version : Fumbles...

tru2ou
4/9/2007, 08:58 AM
It was a huge problem last year and nothing I saw during the scrimmage showed me it wouldnt be a problem this year.

I sincerely hope the coaches know how to fix this problem.

The only other thing I noticed was the DB's missing some tackles in the open field. Holmes had a couple of good support plays on the outside but other than that, I didnt see a lot.

I was encouraged by Bradford's play. I just hope he doesnt get hurt early in the year because there isnt much behind him right now.

Punt coverage was amazing, I dont think there was a single yard gained on a return. :D

- tru

starrca23
4/9/2007, 09:18 AM
How many were there? I only remember the one due the the Mike Reed hit. I am sure there were others, I just don't remember them.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:25 AM
the only way to fix fumbles is to quit playing the player who is fumbling.

it happens at all levels.

Q Griffin was a rare bird.

GoState
4/9/2007, 09:42 AM
Whatever happened to Quentin? The last I heard, he had a handful of good games for Denver 2-3 years ago then had a knee injury. Was he not able to recover from it?

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 09:46 AM
How many were there? I only remember the one due the the Mike Reed hit. I am sure there were others, I just don't remember them.

Chris Brown fumbled too, but it was revocered in the endozone fro a touchdown.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 09:55 AM
Chris Brown fumbled too, but it was revocered in the endozone fro a touchdown.

http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/mossbadhair.jpg

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 09:58 AM
It was a huge problem last year and nothing I saw during the scrimmage showed me it wouldnt be a problem this year.

The only other thing I noticed was the DB's missing some tackles in the open field. Holmes had a couple of good support plays on the outside but other than that, I didnt see a lot.

I was encouraged by Bradford's play. I just hope he doesnt get hurt early in the year because there isnt much behind him right now.

Punt coverage was amazing, I dont think there was a single yard gained on a return. :D

- tru
Yeah they showed OUr fumbles lost in '06 during the spring game.
I think it was 22 fumbles lost last season which tied us for last place in D1 with New Mex. State.
I sure hope we take better care of the ball this coming season.

yukonsooner
4/9/2007, 10:25 AM
there were no punt return yards because they were instructed not to as to prevent any unneccessary injuries

SoonerRoads
4/9/2007, 10:35 AM

- tru

No punt return yards because there were no punt returns. They chose to not return punts in the game. As for the fumbling, fumbling occurs when a player is trying too hard and not under control. When a player "flails" their arms trying to get momentum, it only exposes the ball to be ripped or knocked out of their hands and arms. The fundamentals of carrying the ball dictate that a back keeeps the ball wrapped up until he clears the LB's and then to switch the ball to the outside hand when you are heading up the field. We do not seem to be very good at either of these. And I hate to bring it up, but the worst offender of not switching the ball to the outside hand is DeMarco Murray. He scares me the way he carries the ball, though he is going to be an awesome back. I bet if they made those guys run stadiums every time they carried the ball incorrectly.....we would soon see proper technique being employed.

Just my take.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 10:36 AM
No punt return yards because there were no punt returns. They chose to not return punts in the game.

I think that's what he meant with the ":D"

achiro
4/9/2007, 10:50 AM
but the worst offender of not switching the ball to the outside hand is DeMarco Murray. He scares me the way he carries the ball

Just my take.
When you are running right down the middle and splitting the D with your speed, which arm is the outside arm?

tru2ou
4/9/2007, 10:55 AM
I think that's what he meant with the ":D"

Thanks Colley, I guess I could have put multiple smiley's on it.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
- tru

Pricetag
4/9/2007, 11:05 AM
When you are running right down the middle and splitting the D with your speed, which arm is the outside arm?
Good point, but on his TD run, he was sweeping to the left side of the field and should have switched. Of course, no one was within a couple of yards of him, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Pricetag
4/9/2007, 11:36 AM
http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/mossbadhair.jpg
I wasn't aware that Senjaya played for the Vikings.

Collier11
4/9/2007, 12:25 PM
Whatever happened to Quentin? The last I heard, he had a handful of good games for Denver 2-3 years ago then had a knee injury. Was he not able to recover from it?

playing in germany with ex-1st rounder rashaun woods

TopDawg
4/9/2007, 12:25 PM
And I hate to bring it up, but the worst offender of not switching the ball to the outside hand is DeMarco Murray. He scares me the way he carries the ball,

If you watch the video clips from practice on SoonerSports.com, you can hear the coaches yelling "squeeze it!" when Murray gets the ball. I don't notice them doing it as much (or at all) with the other players.

TopDawg
4/9/2007, 12:26 PM
playing in germany with ex-1st rounder rashaun woods

once a 1st-rounder, always a 1st-rounder

Unfortunately it was my stupid 9ers who made the unbelievably stupid move to make him a 1st rounder.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/9/2007, 12:32 PM
...McScrambles?

(sorry, couldn't resist :D )

Collier11
4/9/2007, 01:02 PM
once a 1st-rounder, always a 1st-rounder

Unfortunately it was my stupid 9ers who made the unbelievably stupid move to make him a 1st rounder.

yea well, with some of the 1st rd picks by my Chiefs lately I tend to dread draft day more than be optimistic

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 01:03 PM
Good point, but on his TD run, he was sweeping to the left side of the field and should have switched. Of course, no one was within a couple of yards of him, so maybe it doesn't matter.
As shifty as he is...it may not matter

GoState
4/9/2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info...it's good to hear that he's still around. I've always enjoyed watching the smaller running backs do their thing in the land of the giants.

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info...it's good to hear that he's still around. I've always enjoyed watching the smaller running backs do their thing in the land of the giants.

Q is a stud, no doubt. I would have never guessed he'd be the only Stoops RB so far to have success in the NFL at all because of his size (COME ONNNNNNN, AD!!!). Dood's got a lotta heart and is one of the hardest working guys you'll ever meet.