PDA

View Full Version : my old lady's car was robbed

picasso
4/8/2007, 09:15 PM
Friday afternoon while it was parked at work.

not the car (4runner), the frickin catalytic converter! yeah, the dipwads sawed the sucker right out from under it.

the night before the idiot local Tulsa news reporter types did a story on it. yeah, let's give all the mindless criminals another idea.

thanks again.

1stTimeCaller
4/8/2007, 09:27 PM
they probably grew up in Chickasha, the toothless bastages.

Is there something in a catalytic converter that is an ingredient in meth?

Tiptonsooner
4/8/2007, 10:11 PM
They contain platinum.

picasso
4/8/2007, 10:15 PM
They contain platinum.
yep and we were told they get only a small amount out of each one.

somebody is buying the things form the these knobs.:mad: :mad:

Ike
4/8/2007, 10:18 PM
It is only a small amount.

put an ad in the paper for used catalytic converters. I bet you get a call.

yermom
4/8/2007, 10:37 PM
they were doing you a favor

you'll get more horsepower and gas mileage now ;)

Turd_Ferguson
4/8/2007, 11:51 PM
Buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him. New pickup, parked at work, came out to leave and called the dealership whe he heard all the noise it was making. Dealer took care of him alright. About seven fitty to replace the CC. How come whe can never catch these paint sniffer's pull'n this ****?

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 01:12 AM
It is a small amount , but it is a big business.
I had one stolen off a customers car .
There are folks who travel around and hit up small salvage yards and stuff buying em , usually 20 to 40 each depending on the size .
They then sell em for up to a 100 .
A cordless sawsall, sharpe blade and 5 minutes or so will make a 100 easy .

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:18 AM
It is a small amount , but it is a big business.
I had one stolen off a customers car .
There are folks who travel around and hit up small salvage yards and stuff buying em , usually 20 to 40 each depending on the size .
They then sell em for up to a 100 .
yeah the guy at the garage said it was worth about $100.

and we did not go to her dealer's. that would have cost about $500, no doubt. we went to a muffler garage type place and got it fixed for about $190. still not a fair trade.

go pick up some cans ya cheap *** criminals.

sooner_born_1960
4/9/2007, 09:24 AM
Technically, I think it was a burglary. Instead of robbery.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:38 AM
yeah but I wanted to have a catchy title. my old lady's car was burgled doesn't cut it jack.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:40 AM
you don't say your house was burglarized, you say it was robbed.

My old lady's car was chopped a bit in the street by a piece crap burglar person.

hows that?:D

JohnnyMack
4/9/2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry about that. I needed some money for Bueno and reefer.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 09:43 AM

A cordless sawsall, sharpe blade and 5 minutes with MY truck = complete and total beatdown with more than 100 in Dr. bills.

thieving bastards suck.

sorry you were burgled, pic. Oh , and you get 'robbed' when you take it in to the dealer to get it fixed.

frankensooner
4/9/2007, 09:48 AM
Acutally, Houses are Burgled. Robbed is a misnomer. Robbery is taking by force or threat. Burglary was, at common law, breaking and entering a domicile at night to commit a felony therein, it has evolved over the years to drop the at night and expanded to chattel, but basically if your house or car is broken into and things are stolen, it is a burglary. And now you know. ;)

Sorry for your friend's loss.

picasso
4/9/2007, 09:51 AM
Acutally, Houses are Burgled. Robbed is a misnomer. Robbery is taking by force or threat. Burglary was, at common law, breaking and entering a domicile at night to commit a felony therein, it has evolved over the years to drop the at night and expanded to chattel, but basically if your house or car is broken into and things are stolen, it is a burglary. And now you know. ;)

Sorry for your friend's loss.
yes but it ain't as catchy!!!!!

we was robbed!!!!!!!!!

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 03:28 PM
A cordless sawsall, sharpe blade and 5 minutes with MY truck = complete and total beatdown with more than 100 in Dr. bills.

thieving bastards suck.

sorry you were burgled, pic. Oh , and you get 'robbed' when you take it in to the dealer to get it fixed.
Ya but , those things are awful quite , Catching em is the tricky part., a lil skinny ****er can crawl under and have that thing cut off in no time , If your in ur house , and happen to see /hear by the time you get o/s they be gone . just sayin

Ike
4/9/2007, 03:30 PM
See, this here is exactly why I just leave my car running when it's parked at work. The catalytic converter is hella hot when the car is running. No one is gonna try to boost a hot catalytic converter.

soonerboomer93
4/9/2007, 04:38 PM
that's why I drive a car that's 6 inches of the ground, then they atleast have to bust out the jacks

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 08:48 PM
that's why I drive a car that's 6 inches of the ground, then they atleast have to bust out the jacks
ever hear of a lite waite aluminun Racing type jack ?
49 Bucks Atwoods or where ever:eek:

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 08:49 PM
Or just have Arms long enough to reach under the Vehicle .:eek:

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 08:59 PM
Can you just go to a muffler shop and have the exhaust ducted straight to the muffler? It ain't like we have smog inspections here in OK like out in Californy or nothin'.

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 09:01 PM
Can you just go to a muffler shop and have the exhaust ducted straight to the muffler? It ain't like we have smog inspections here in OK like out in Californy or nothin'.
The Newer Models Have to have it , Or they aint gonna run rite !:mad:

Okla-homey
4/9/2007, 09:04 PM
The Newer Models Have to have it , Or they aint gonna run rite !:mad:

What happens to make it run rough without a CC? Something in that danged computer that controls the electronic ignition? Exhaust pressure?

olevetonahill
4/9/2007, 09:09 PM
What happens to make it run rough without a CC? Something in that danged computer that controls the electronic ignition? Exhaust pressure?
YUP , you got it , Mr Ethics dude ! :D

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 11:56 PM
they were doing you a favor

you'll get more horsepower and gas mileage now ;)

Hey, now you don't need a fart-pipe to make it sound like a real ricer... :D

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 11:59 PM

It monitors exhaust gases as the ECM or PCM controls fuel delivery. You can have a bad CC, and it could cause spratic misfires, rich-running (hole in the tank, drinking gas... you get it), trouble codes and/or exhaust component erosion. That's just a short list of things off the top of my head.

OU4LIFE
4/10/2007, 06:59 AM
Ok, last night I welded razor wire all over the outside of my CC.

have at it dillholes.

soonersweetie
4/10/2007, 02:53 PM
ok, I hate to ask a stupid question that I ought to know the answer to, but does every car have a catalytic converter? for instance 2006 & 2007 models?

olevetonahill
4/10/2007, 03:02 PM
ok, I hate to ask a stupid question that I ought to know the answer to, but does every car have a catalytic converter? for instance 2006 & 2007 models?
Yup.

Ike
4/10/2007, 03:54 PM

have at it dillholes.

I'd think razor wire would melt, or at least become less razor-like after a few miles attached to a CC.

OU4LIFE
4/11/2007, 07:21 AM
no no, it's special razor wire.

Norman Sooner
4/11/2007, 08:11 AM
they probably grew up in Chickasha, the toothless bastages.

Is there something in a catalytic converter that is an ingredient in meth?

They prolly did...

OUDoc
4/11/2007, 08:21 AM

have at it dillholes.
I just keep my car in the garage.

OU4LIFE
4/11/2007, 10:00 AM
you have a garage at work?

man, you ARE connected.

OUDoc
4/11/2007, 10:12 AM
you have a garage at work?

man, you ARE connected.
Car port. They'll never break into that.