PDA

View Full Version : The American League after one week

Scott D
4/8/2007, 03:04 PM
Yankees will go as their bats go. Their pitching staff is still the weakness.

Vlad started hot, don't know if he's ever started this hot before.

Just give Johan Santana another Cy Young now, no need for the rest of the league to compete...he's so much better than any other pitcher right now it's sick. Minn. is gonna miss him next year when he leaves as a free agent.

It'll be interesting to see if Ichiro gets traded this season, or if Seattle lets him walk in the offseason.

oklaclarinet
4/8/2007, 03:32 PM
Just give Johan Santana another Cy Young now, no need for the rest of the league to compete...he's so much better than any other pitcher right now it's sick. Minn. is gonna miss him next year when he leaves as a free agent.

If he is going to leave, the Twins need to take full advantage of him while they still have him. Still, it is going to a tough going in the Central, always is.

Cam
4/8/2007, 06:54 PM
KC's still in the hunt baby.

Then, May rolls around and reality sits in. :(

trwxxa
4/8/2007, 07:37 PM

Haven't you heard. Daisuke Matsuzaka is the pitcher of all pitchers.:rolleyes:

And even though Ortiz is batting .158, he is "on track" to be the AL MVP:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

royalfan5
4/8/2007, 10:12 PM
KC's still in the hunt baby.

Then, May rolls around and reality sits in. :(
And it looks like our rotation may be competent. That may keep things going until Mid-May.

GrapevineSooner
4/9/2007, 10:53 AM
Haven't you heard. Daisuke Matsuzaka is the pitcher of all pitchers.:rolleyes:

And even though Ortiz is batting .158, he is "on track" to be the AL MVP:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And he hit two home runs last night to carry the Red Sox to a win. ;)

I get what you're saying, though, about the media annointing players while the season's still young.

GrapevineSooner
4/9/2007, 11:01 AM
On, and Papelbon should be given the nickname of "The Deflater" when he's on the road in a save situation.

Because that's just what he did to the crowd at the Ballpark last night when he came in and caught Young looking and induced a pop from Tex with runners on the corners.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 01:22 PM
They used the perfect word in the TV broadcast: Overmatched.

Varitek's calls were brilliant in the 9th.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 01:55 PM
on a National League note.... Brad Lidge, you are this decade's version of Mitch Williams....thanks for playing.

colleyvillesooner
4/9/2007, 02:05 PM
No kidding. He's never recoverd from the Pujols homer.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 02:47 PM
And it looks like our rotation may be competent. That may keep things going until Mid-May.

Your boy has started a bit slow.. Hopefully he'll come around.

If Grienke can continue to pitch well that staff will actually be pretty decent.

royalfan5
4/9/2007, 02:58 PM
Your boy has started a bit slow.. Hopefully he'll come around.

If Grienke can continue to pitch well that staff will actually be pretty decent.
Shealy has sucked so far. I don't know what his problem is.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 03:10 PM
Shealy has sucked so far. I don't know what his problem is.

Yah it's not good to have the two young guys starting off 3/35 and have Grudz go 0/18 after his opening day bonanza.

royalfan5
4/9/2007, 03:26 PM
Yah it's not good to have the two young guys starting off 3/35 and have Grudz go 0/18 after his opening day bonanza.
At least not everybody has sucked all at once this year, which is a welcome change from past royals teams.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 03:45 PM
*sigh* Royals will be eliminated from contention in May.

royalfan5
4/9/2007, 03:54 PM
*sigh* Royals will be eliminated from contention in May.
That's a month later than last year. That's enough progress to make me happy.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 03:57 PM
That's a month later than last year. That's enough progress to make me happy.

technically still a couple more weeks left in April :)

AllAboutThe'O'
4/9/2007, 04:29 PM
Meanwhile, is it ever going to stop snowing in Cleveland? The Indians had to move their home series with the Angels this week to Milwaukee. Hey, how appropriate with the new "Major League" DVD coming out, because the Indians of Wild Thing Vaughn, Roger Dorn, Jake Taylor and Willie Mayes Hays actually played their "home" games in Milwaukee.

Scott D
4/9/2007, 04:36 PM
if I have to see that directv commercial with charlie sheen reprising Wild Thing Vaughn espousing the virtue of HD again I'm gonna puke.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 04:50 PM
Why do you hate Rick Vaughn?

Scott D
4/9/2007, 05:02 PM
because he doesn't have Jessica Simpson's D cups.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 05:04 PM
ugh... Jessica Simpson becomes less and less hot every time she does a zit or pizza hut commercial.

trwxxa
4/9/2007, 08:53 PM
on a National League note.... Brad Lidge, you are this decade's version of Mitch Williams....thanks for playing.

Yup. He is no longer the closer as of today. Wheeler and Qualls are competent enough. We'll see.

Astros did spoil Pinella's home opener today.

Shneeg11
4/10/2007, 06:26 AM
Texas Rangers will finish 2nd in the AL West....No reason to back up that argument, but as long as they don't finish last...successful

Cam
4/11/2007, 08:34 PM
technically still a couple more weeks left in April :)
At this rate, I'm happy enough when they don't have the worst record in the majors.

mfosterftw
4/12/2007, 10:57 PM
Memorial Day, when we Royals fans remember what it was like to have a real baseball team... :(

Marc

Cam
4/15/2007, 11:14 AM
At this rate, I'm happy enough when they don't have the worst record in the majors.
Well, there goes that. We're now tied with the Nationals for the worst record in all the land.

One of these years, we'll figure out how to be mathematically eliminated at the All-Star break. :( :O

stoops the eternal pimp
4/15/2007, 06:10 PM
Thank you for another great win a couple of days ago Mr Vasquez...

My pitching rotation of Chuck James/Javier Vasquez/Dustin Mosely are 5-0 with an ERA under 2.

I heard that Mosely will lose his starting gig to Jered Weaver now that he is healthy,...Wouldnt seem too smart right now