PDA

View Full Version : yet again...silly whorns...

BASSooner
4/7/2007, 03:01 PM
...that don't know any better. They say we looked terrible....hahahahahahaha.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4907358&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

clueless and unclassy that's all I have to say.

sooner518
4/7/2007, 03:11 PM
and i was just going to comment on how long their (OU) game is compared to ours.... guess i see why mack makes it shorter...

Im gonna guess its because UT's spring game isnt on TV so there arent breaks for commercials.

These Whorn fans must be geniuses with their ability to predict the outcome of our season based on our spring game. It might just be me, but Ive never seen a spring game where an offense actually looked good.

Flagstaffsooner
4/7/2007, 03:20 PM
Silly, silly whorns.

I'll watch it. It will probably be the last time they are on TV this decade.

:rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
4/7/2007, 03:29 PM
I'm glad I read that - very objective. :texan:

soonerloyal
4/7/2007, 04:15 PM
*yawn*

And we have a thread about them having a thread on us...why?

I do agree with 'em on one thing...I wish people would stop doing the upsidedown whorn thing at every given op. It's not like they merit our attention for more than one day a year.

Pooooooor texass. *sigh*

Ardmore_Sooner
4/7/2007, 04:40 PM
Im gonna guess its because UT's spring game isnt on TV so there arent breaks for commercials.

These Whorn fans must be geniuses with their ability to predict the outcome of our season based on our spring game. It might just be me, but Ive never seen a spring game where an offense actually looked good.

Their game was on FSN btw.. :D

Octavian
4/7/2007, 05:39 PM
they looked average in their spring game

on FSN

AzianSooner
4/7/2007, 05:40 PM
Let them fans and coaches think that way, OU will bring surprise when it comes September.

utex74
4/7/2007, 06:02 PM

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4907358&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

clueless and unclassy that's all I have to say.

I read the thread, too. Most thought your running backs would look good against anybody. You're stacked there. QB's need a lot of work. I can't figure your defense, though, except that it is rebuilding. All in all a typical spring game.

And, yes, ours was on TV last week and the admission was FREE. Still had app 30,000. Colt is stronger and more accurate with a quicker release than last year and he has the best receiving corps in UT history. However, our running game still appears to be nonexistent and the defense is unsettled although the front seven should be better. Secondary, too, now that I think about it because they blew chunks last year so they HAVE to be better.

Another typical spring game.

sooner518
4/7/2007, 06:20 PM
Their game was on FSN btw.. :D
hehe how silly of me

josh09
4/8/2007, 03:45 PM
this makes me chuckle.

silly whorns.

goingoneight
4/8/2007, 04:58 PM
When the day comes that a Spring Game tells you anything about how a team is going to do, I'll worry about what stupid bloggers think. I go to the game for the same reason every year, to hang out in Norman/OKC with my friends, visit the Switzer Center, get drunk (for old times sake :D) and to watch OUr n00bs in their new positions/roles. When you get used to watching Jason White run an offense for 27 straight games, you generally want to see how it works without him. When you've seen PT run the offense for 14 games, you kind of wonder how the n00bs will run it without him under center. Gave us a chance to see someone besides Malcom Kelly and Juaqin Iglesias caught the ball... that kind of stuff. But just because an offense looks pathetic in the Spring, doesn't mean anything about it's overall outcome. I seem to remember reading about OSU's offense "sputtering and fumbling" last Spring, and while their defense was nonexistent, they were definitely an offense worth taking seriously in 2006. I also remember people talking about PT in the 2003 spring game... who won the Heisman trophy that year???

Looking good or bad means nothing in the Spring. Remember how dominant OUr defense looked against the offense in 2006, yeah... didn't take but two series against UAB to find out that was overrated.

mxATVracer10
4/9/2007, 11:35 AM
I do agree with 'em on one thing...I wish people would stop doing the upsidedown whorn thing at every given op. It's not like they merit our attention for more than one day a year.

Says the guy with the Hook 'em in his sig ;)

OK2LA
4/9/2007, 05:25 PM
Says the guy with the Hook 'em in his sig ;)

Yeah - that is friggin' classic - nice catch.

Sooner98
4/9/2007, 05:28 PM
Soonerloyal = PWN3D!!

Seamus
4/9/2007, 05:59 PM
And, yes, ours was on TV last week and the admission was FREE. Still had app 30,000.

Should have passed out reefers -- attendance would have topped 120,000. :cool:

Seriously, what does it say when your free spring game fails to outdraw our paid-admission game? (try to answer in a way other than "duh, there's more to do in austin than Norman ...")

picasso
4/9/2007, 06:03 PM
get a life other fan types. we've had free admission before. we've had 40,000 there before. we've looked like crap before.

it's a controlled scrimmage.

utex74
4/9/2007, 06:27 PM
Should have passed out reefers -- attendance would have topped 120,000. :cool:

Seriously, what does it say when your free spring game fails to outdraw our paid-admission game? (try to answer in a way other than "duh, there's more to do in austin than Norman ...")

It is a situational scrimmage, not a real game. Teams never show anything beyond plain vanilla in an end of spring training scrimmage. (or any public scrimmage, unless you're Pete Carrol) It is more for the serious fans who actually know who the people four down in the depth chart that are playing actually are. Most people at a regular game come from out of town. Most people won't do that for a scrimmage. It was at noon and most people are still asleep from the aforementioned reefer the night before. And, oh yeah...there's more to do in Austin than there is in Norman. :D

I only mention it because I thought it strange for a program to charge admission to what is basically a practice. Don't tell Jerry Jones or he might start charging for Cowboys practices. (if they are ever any good again, which I doubt)

Jello Biafra
4/9/2007, 06:55 PM
And, oh yeah...there's more to do in Austin than there is in Norman. :D

o yeh????..... an there are like 4hundred million more fagtastic whorn fans in texas than there is population in the whole state of oklahoma....suck it.

(if they are ever any good again, which I doubt)

pfft. like they were ever any good before......

go yank yer crank on someone else's board. it's bad enough the season is waaaaaaay in the future but you come on here telling us about how colt has been lifting (wow. there's a new one) and his receivers are tha best avah......

eat this....

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PS/7655~Shocker-Posters.jpg

utex74
4/9/2007, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Jello Biafra]go yank yer crank on someone else's board. it's bad enough the season is waaaaaaay in the future but you come on here telling us about how colt has been lifting (wow. there's a new one) and his receivers are tha best avah......

I never said Colt had been lifting. I believe I said the press says that when they have nothing else. EVERYONE, on every team, lifts. It is a lame story used for this time of year. He is bigger, as he should be at his age, and he is better, as he should be after a year under his belt. No news there. But the receivers are supposed to be the best in our history. How good they are compared to everyone else will just have to wait until Fall to tell.

I'm just making conversation. Relax.

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 09:40 PM
Soonerloyal = PWN3D!!

That's kinda like all the people who say their offended by "home of the SOONERS!!!" Yet the entire damn crowd echoes it every game. It just ain't right, boss. :(

MamaMia
4/9/2007, 09:54 PM

clueless and unclassy that's all I have to say.We have beaten them with less. :D

Sooner98
4/9/2007, 11:32 PM
That's kinda like all the people who say their offended by "home of the SOONERS!!!" Yet the entire damn crowd echoes it every game. It just ain't right, boss. :(

Well, I will say that doing a horns-down sign on national television at any time other than the first week of October, and yelling "home of the Sooners!" during our national anthem are equally pathetically gay, and that I am embarrassed every time I see or hear either one of them happening.

htownsooner7
4/10/2007, 09:48 AM
Can anyone comment on whether the schools have switched sides of the stadium for the RRS in 2007? I know there was a lot of talk about it after last year's game. I'm trying to buy tickets (never too early, but dealing with ebay etc.. is entirely frustrating) and need to make sure which side God's own Sooners are on. Check this picture of me from last year in The Oklahoman. http://www.newsok.com/article/2952707/?template=sports/ou. I'd rather not have to do that again. Appreciate any feedback on this.

sooner518
4/10/2007, 10:16 AM
Can anyone comment on whether the schools have switched sides of the stadium for the RRS in 2007? I know there was a lot of talk about it after last year's game. I'm trying to buy tickets (never too early, but dealing with ebay etc.. is entirely frustrating) and need to make sure which side God's own Sooners are on. Check this picture of me from last year in The Oklahoman. http://www.newsok.com/article/2952707/?template=sports/ou. I'd rather not have to do that again. Appreciate any feedback on this.
hahaha very flattering picture of you.

unfortunately, I have no idea if theyre switching or not

Bourbon St Sooner
4/10/2007, 12:53 PM
I don't know how you evaluate a scrimmage. I mean you're playing against yourself, so if one side looks good the other side necessarily looks bad.

Anyways, I personally would always rather see the defense dominate a scrimmage because at least you know you will be able to stay in games with a dominant defense.

soonerloyal
4/13/2007, 01:38 AM
This 48-year-old broad LIKES using that thar Hook 'em in mah sig - it's provided by SF.com for that reason. I guess that at my advanced age, I've learned less obsession makes for a more refined fan - especially on National TV.

I KNOW we're better than Texas. I don't have to lord it over 'em.

The_Red_Patriot
4/13/2007, 09:10 AM
Wow, Texas fans never let me down.

They actually type how they talk. See if you can pick up on it.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4918214&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=