PDA

View Full Version : Official **who do you want to see be OUr QB at this point** POLE

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2007, 02:58 PM
:pop: Good game today!:pop:

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2007, 03:01 PM
oh yah...please explain your choice.

BASSooner
4/7/2007, 03:02 PM
Bradford

The dude can execute and seems to be the smarter QB

sooner518
4/7/2007, 03:03 PM
I cant vote for Noah Allen?

Mongo
4/7/2007, 03:04 PM
Bradford and Halzle both have experience in the system, but seeing them play, seems Bradford made better decisions.

But, you never know what is gonna happen during 2 a days.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/7/2007, 03:11 PM
Bradford.. gotta go with the PC North kid.

MojoRisen
4/7/2007, 03:18 PM
I voted Nichol, He played with no time to throw - I think he can break down the defenses with his running ability like butt boy mccoy.

Bradford looks good
Hazle mad some mistakes but looks good as well. I am not so worried about QB.

Start Bradford play Nichol as a Tebow type and break down the defensive.

Dan Thompson
4/7/2007, 03:20 PM
After PT who took the most snaps last year?

Sooner74
4/7/2007, 03:21 PM
Bradford. Hazle made some stupid mistakes. His checking down is questionable. Bradford has the qualities to run the offense now.

PAW
4/7/2007, 03:39 PM
Bradford - at this point, experience and I think he can "manage" the game. That HS kid has the most potential, though. ;)

Ask me again after fall practice

oumartin
4/7/2007, 03:40 PM
Rhett Bomar

MichiganSooner
4/7/2007, 03:54 PM
Bradford with Nichol as the backup

OUTrumpet
4/7/2007, 03:57 PM
Halzle threw an awful interception, and should have thrown 3 or 4 more if the defense could hang onto the ball. Only good thing I saw was that beautiful long ball late in the game.

Bradford took care of the ball and had some nice reads. With the athletes that we have on offense (WOW!) we don't need a qb to really make that many plays, just one who doesn't screw up.

Nichol didn't seem to get a chance with the first team offense, so I think he's already out. But when he ran that qb draw a few times in the 2nd half, I'd almost say it might be worth it to do what Florida did with Bradford/Nichol doing what Leak/Tebow did.

Rogue
4/7/2007, 04:17 PM
Wasn't this already a pole?

The best man, seriously. Y'all are gonna be surprised when it's Hays McEachern!

starrca23
4/7/2007, 04:31 PM
I liked Bradford today. The idea of using Nichol in a Tebow type role is interesting. If we did that and then did some things like Arkansas where there are two rb's and no qb it would keep the defense guessing like crazy. I can't see us doing that though.

william_brasky
4/7/2007, 04:39 PM
I went with Sam.

Halzle seems to throw into traffic too much.

Nichol's just a pup.

BajaOklahoma
4/7/2007, 04:53 PM
I'm going with Coach's choice.

Duh.

Sooner Eclipse
4/7/2007, 05:01 PM
I'm going with bradford at this point as well. But I dont think Halzle was that bad after the first quarter or so.

85Sooner
4/7/2007, 05:16 PM
I think Thompson will finally pull it out this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

chriscappel
4/7/2007, 05:42 PM
hey hey all!! its been a while since i have poked my head in here! after seeing the game today i had to put in my two cents! I like Bradford... due seems to have a good head on his shoulders and i think he will do good things... BUT I really like that kid Nichol....I think it would be a great thing to have a running QB...and from what i have read up on him he can RUN THE BALL!!

P.S. how about Murray??

sanantoniosooner
4/7/2007, 07:03 PM
Did you call me a ** Pole?

Doged
4/7/2007, 07:09 PM
I voted Bradford, but only 'cause you didn't even put McEachern as a choice. :mad:

goingoneight
4/7/2007, 07:16 PM
Phil Loadholdt will amaze you guys when he's back in ;).

Naw... it seems like SB has the tools to build off of. He made the least mistakes, showed well on the two and five-step drops, and if I remember correctly had no turnovers.

I feel really great about an offense that features Kelly, Iglesias, Gresham, Murray and Bradford in it. :)

insuranceman_22
4/7/2007, 11:24 PM
Can we get one more year of hardship with Jason White.....he get my vote!

Seriously - Bradford had the best day

goingoneight
4/8/2007, 01:18 AM
In terms of yardage, Halzle pwn3d. But that was because he played more minutes/snaps and threw more long passes, kinda went with the coverage scheme. Halzle hesitates and locks in on receivers, thus, he nearly had four INT's had the DB's held onto the ball. Sam Bradofrd had an early pass batted down, but wised up and played very well afterward. Nichol, he's a ways off, but we all expected that since he's fresh out of HS. Looked damn impressive overall for a kid who should be at HS prom that day.

Rogue
4/8/2007, 08:50 AM
I thought Halzle got better as the practice went on. One drive was all him making good reads, hitting the 2nd and 3rd receivers in the progression, throwing the ball away on a rollout (good choice). He made some mistakes but that one drive impressed the heck out of me.

I'm excited to see who takes the lead but right now I'd say we have a QB competition going on.

Offdapeggs
4/8/2007, 09:27 AM
I thought the number 2 guy in the poll, Rawls looked good today at the scrimage. I was tailgaiting and he fell out of a pickup truck right in front of us. He read the pavement quickly, tucked and rolled like an MVP!!
He gets my vote

boomersooner28
4/8/2007, 09:31 AM
Halzle is done...college career is over. Bradford is the most prepared right now. With time Nichol will be fine. In the fall, we may see a 2 QB system the first couple of games.

SoonerRoads
4/8/2007, 09:38 AM
:pop: Good game today!:pop:

Bradford will be the man if nothing changes between now and the Fall.

bluedogok
4/8/2007, 09:42 AM
I'm going with Coach's choice.

Duh.
I concur.....

BoomerGirl34
4/8/2007, 10:31 AM
Bradford seems the most comfortable. The fact that he ran the scout team last year gives him much more vaulable snaps, and more 'experience'.

He needs to gain a little weight, though....

Easting
4/8/2007, 10:53 AM
Jason White for the win...

NorthernIowaSooner
4/8/2007, 12:03 PM
i like bradford to start but i wasnt really impressed by him, halzle had another rough spring game and i think hes probly out of it (at least i hope he is now). nichol has a cannon and id love to see him play but they have to dumb down the offense for him so thats not really helpful.

the deep ball was never thrown well and accuracy wasnt great by any qb but it seems nichol is head and shoulders above the other two in arm strength

josh09
4/8/2007, 03:31 PM
Rhett Bomar

LOL.

Brett Romar?

william_brasky
4/8/2007, 04:48 PM
If Halzle can learn to not throw into coverage the way he's prone to do, he'd be pretty dang solid. The dude does make some pretty nice plays at times.

OU-HSV
4/8/2007, 05:37 PM
If Halzle can learn to not throw into coverage the way he's prone to do, he'd be pretty dang solid. The dude does make some pretty nice plays at times.
I simply think Halzle performed way too inconsistent.
I was impressed most by Bradford...seemed to be the calmest of the QBs and as others (and Bob Davie) have said, he managed the game well. He looked pretty solid. Also, the dropped passes didn't help any of the 3 main QBs.

william_brasky
4/8/2007, 05:44 PM
Oh, I agree. I voted for Sam, but I thought I'd stand up for Halzle. People are dogging him pretty good here. He's not that bad, and if Sam goes down with an injury he'll (Halzle) be running the show. I think Nichol's a lock for redshirt.

OU-HSV
4/8/2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, I agree. I voted for Sam, but I thought I'd stand up for Halzle. People are dogging him pretty good here. He's not that bad, and if Sam goes down with an injury he'll (Halzle) be running the show. I think Nichol's a lock for redshirt.
I'm not really doggin him bad...I just think he threw into good coverage often.
We all need to remember it's only spring. Any one of these guys may step up their skills before the season.
Oh I meant to say in my last post that Nichol looks real good on the run I thought. He threw that one ball (to I think Fred Strong) against the grain when he was running to the right..and it was still very catchable (but was dropped). I think he just needs a little more time and he'll turn it on.

NorthernIowaSooner
4/8/2007, 09:46 PM
I simply think Halzle performed way too inconsistent.
I was impressed most by Bradford...seemed to be the calmest of the QBs and as others (and Bob Davie) have said, he managed the game well. He looked pretty solid. Also, the dropped passes didn't help any of the 3 main QBs.

dropped passes hurt. as for halzle i think what we need next season is a guy who manages the game and doesnt single handedly win the game but never single handedly lose a game. they will have a good running game and D so that makes me think bradford, he seems less likely to make the terrible mistakes that halzle has in the past two spring games. i think nichol will eventually get some decent PT too. the running game and D will win our games for the most part this year except for explosive random games from the QB that will happen but i think the goal for the QB this year is to not lose games

Crimson Kid
4/8/2007, 09:51 PM
how about a option to pick, Who ever does best in spring training. :)

MamaMia
4/8/2007, 10:20 PM
First Bradford, except he really needs to bulk up, and then Nichol.

goingoneight
4/8/2007, 11:37 PM
Bradford really didn't look any different (size) than Colt McCoy did as a RFr. And to say that Nichol had any kind of arm strength is ridiculous, when he hasn't thrown a scrimmage pass over 20 yards yet (at least publicly).

Let's go Sammy B!!!

illinisooner
4/9/2007, 01:06 AM
Bradford is the guy right now, but alot can happen between now and fall practice. He looked the most comfortable out there, has a year under his belt, and also attended OU camps for several years. Personally, I think Nichol is the best of the bunch, but right now he's just trying to learn the offense and system. Halzle tries to force the ball sometimes, and has a tendency to lock on to recievers, so I don't think you can put him above Sam right now. It should be a fun fall practice competition.

Shneeg11
4/9/2007, 02:36 AM
I think Bradford is listed at 6'5 195, i'm not positive about that, but he is closer to 215 from what his dad says. 215 is a pretty decent size for a redshirt freshman IMO. but I concur about Bradford he seems the most comfortable conducting the offense.

crawfish
4/9/2007, 07:48 AM
We were really screwed when we didn't get Chip Ambres.

</retro>

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 10:08 AM
First Bradford, except he really needs to bulk up, and then Nichol.
I didn't really notice SB looking undersized....But, I did notice Nichol looked undersized (and that's after the coaches said he's gained 10 pounds of muscle. But in due time with the program, Nichol will bulk up.

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 10:09 AM
dropped passes hurt. as for halzle i think what we need next season is a guy who manages the game and doesnt single handedly win the game but never single handedly lose a game. they will have a good running game and D so that makes me think bradford, he seems less likely to make the terrible mistakes that halzle has in the past two spring games. i think nichol will eventually get some decent PT too. the running game and D will win our games for the most part this year except for explosive random games from the QB that will happen but i think the goal for the QB this year is to not lose games
right on

soonerboy_odanorth
4/9/2007, 12:26 PM
I'll bite: Gotta go with Bradford... most effecient, most productive, fewest mistakes. (That we could see.)

Frankly, Halzle scared me. He made his errors against as vanilla a defense as you can go against. (And a defense that wasn't performing all that well on Saturday as far as I could tell.)

I know Nichol has a few months to get his head around the playbook, but I think it would be a tall order for him to unseat either of the other guys at this point.

TMcGee86
4/9/2007, 03:47 PM
I wasn't that impressed with any of the three.

I think it's pretty much a lock that Bomar will start.

But it was weird that he didn't even suit up. And the announcers never mentioned him or any injury that might be keeping him out.

Strange...

Though I will say I thought Bradford looked the best out of the three. Nichol shows some real flashes though. Future looks bright.

Big Arrow
4/10/2007, 07:26 AM
they should keep Nichol on the bench the first season and let him learn the system.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/10/2007, 09:15 AM
Sam Bradford took PC North to their worst finish in 10 years.

MojoRisen
4/10/2007, 10:06 AM
I think Bradford is listed at 6'5 195, i'm not positive about that, but he is closer to 215 from what his dad says. 215 is a pretty decent size for a redshirt freshman IMO. but I concur about Bradford he seems the most comfortable conducting the offense.

Guys this is Oklahoma- do we like playing with weakness? Are we so conservative that we don't gamble anymore?

If Sam can play let him throw the damn ball. I will not count on persistence to win, more so did we come too play.

Thats all-

KingDavid
4/10/2007, 11:36 PM
I'll bite: Gotta go with Bradford... most effecient, most productive, fewest mistakes. (That we could see.)

Frankly, Halzle scared me. He made his errors against as vanilla a defense as you can go against. (And a defense that wasn't performing all that well on Saturday as far as I could tell.)

I know Nichol has a few months to get his head around the playbook, but I think it would be a tall order for him to unseat either of the other guys at this point.

It will be Bradford's job to lose . . . to Nichol most likely. I think Halzle lost his shot with the INT's. Not consistent enough.

I think Nichol will get the nod if he's close because of his wheels and his winning record. Next year is the year when we can do it . . . and Nichol represents our best shot at a MNC caliber leader, IMO.

footballfanatic
4/11/2007, 11:11 AM
Colt McCoy

MamaMia
4/11/2007, 11:16 AM
Bradford and Nichol need to spend the summer at my house. I'd get them all ready for the football season. I saw them with my own two eyes and I know skinny when I see it. They are both too thin and thats all there is to it!

Ash
4/11/2007, 11:26 PM
I'd like to manlove Buttboy McCoy

Oh jeez...how are you not baned, troll?

Ash
4/11/2007, 11:28 PM
The only thing funnier than voting for Brent Rawls is that he's got more votes than Halzle at this point...

oh and it's the choice that's been tainted by an aggie.

BASSooner
4/12/2007, 12:22 AM
Bradford and Nichol need to spend the summer at my house. I'd get them all ready for the football season. I saw them with my own two eyes and I know skinny when I see it. They are both too thin and thats all there is to it!
cheeseburgers and chilidogs should do the trick

goingoneight
4/12/2007, 12:24 AM
edit, posted a better point on page 4. :O

goingoneight
4/12/2007, 12:25 AM
Colt McCoy
You wish your whorns could play for Bob Stoops, don't you? :P

goingoneight
4/12/2007, 12:35 AM
It will be Bradford's job to lose . . . to Nichol most likely. I think Halzle lost his shot with the INT's. Not consistent enough.

I think Nichol will get the nod if he's close because of his wheels and his winning record. Next year is the year when we can do it . . . and Nichol represents our best shot at a MNC caliber leader, IMO.

Again, his winning record was erased when he stepped foot onto Norman's campus. Stoops has that mantra for everyone who comes to play, whether you're Adrian Peterson or Carter Whitson. We're talking talent evaluation, and it seems that Bradford in a limited playbook, did what was called for him to do. Nichol has upside, but do you really think conservative Kevin Wilson is going to go on potential and start a true-freakin-freshmen against Miami and Texas? Shared snaps is a maybe, a very slim maybe. KN is a QB for the future, and it's not certain that whoever starts in 2007 will start in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 for that matter. He's got a nice zip, has an impressive resume, good arm strength, you know... all the tools. Another thing to consider is how tough is he? He hasn't taken so much as a shove yet with his blue jersey on. I'd count on Bradford or Halzle to bounce back better having been with Schmitty for a year longer. Can he hold onto the ball after he takes a hit? This stuff isn't gonna be easy for anyone, especially a true-freshmen. If ball control is easy, why did Bomar fumble eleventy-thousand times before we played Kansas? Not ripping anyone here for their opinions, just sayin'... it looks like it's Halzle vs Bradford, and it's looking more and more SB's job to lose as they continue to battle it out. It's also going to be good in coming years to have a guy like nichol or Bradford who can step right into the game if one goes down or needs a rest. How cool was it when we lost OUr starting quarterback against OUr arch-rival in 2001? Not cool to see N8 get hurt, but we can all agree it was awesome that JW stepped up and won the game, right?

BASSooner
4/12/2007, 12:54 AM
Again, his winning record was erased when he stepped foot onto Norman's campus. Stoops has that mantra for everyone who comes to play, whether you're Adrian Peterson or Carter Whitson. We're talking talent evaluation, and it seems that Bradford in a limited playbook, did what was called for him to do. Nichol has upside, but do you really think conservative Kevin Wilson is going to go on potential and start a true-freakin-freshmen against Miami and Texas? Shared snaps is a maybe, a very slim maybe. KN is a QB for the future, and it's not certain that whoever starts in 2007 will start in 2008 or 2009 or 2010 for that matter. He's got a nice zip, has an impressive resume, good arm strength, you know... all the tools. Another thing to consider is how tough is he? He hasn't taken so much as a shove yet with his blue jersey on. I'd count on Bradford or Halzle to bounce back better having been with Schmitty for a year longer. Can he hold onto the ball after he takes a hit? This stuff isn't gonna be easy for anyone, especially a true-freshmen. If ball control is easy, why did Bomar fumble eleventy-thousand times before we played Kansas? Not ripping anyone here for their opinions, just sayin'... it looks like it's Halzle vs Bradford, and it's looking more and more SB's job to lose as they continue to battle it out. It's also going to be good in coming years to have a guy like nichol or Bradford who can step right into the game if one goes down or needs a rest. How cool was it when we lost OUr starting quarterback against OUr arch-rival in 2001? Not cool to see N8 get hurt, but we can all agree it was awesome that JW stepped up and won the game, right?
whoaaaa not tryin to offensd ya here, but this needs paragraphs or spaces in between somehow.

goingoneight
4/12/2007, 01:34 AM
I was in between two different message boards... :O

:les: NO TIME, NO TIME!!!

MojoRisen
4/12/2007, 08:56 AM
Nichol has been playing all of 3 months with OU- the kid looks pretty good.

I would reserve judgement until 2 a days- etc. Keith has all summer to learn the playbook and work out etc.

I think he is better than Hazle was last years spring game and practices personally.

Also he seems to be pretty tuff and definitely has the smarts and competitive nature to be very good this year.

Bradford, Hazle, Nichol and now Landry Jones.

3 with 4 years of eligiability from now- and 2 with 4 next year with one ahead of them with 3.

Something will give... If anyone has a plausible answer why a Keith Nichol and or a Landrey Jones would ride pine for 3 years I would like to hear it because it is a good problem to have until 2 transfer and one gets kicked off the team!

SoonerRoads
4/12/2007, 08:54 PM
Nichol has been playing all of 3 months with OU- the kid looks pretty good.

I would reserve judgement until 2 a days- etc. Keith has all summer to learn the playbook and work out etc.

I think he is better than Hazle was last years spring game and practices personally.

Also he seems to be pretty tuff and definitely has the smarts and competitive nature to be very good this year.

Bradford, Hazle, Nichol and now Landry Jones.

3 with 4 years of eligiability from now- and 2 with 4 next year with one ahead of them with 3.

Something will give... If anyone has a plausible answer why a Keith Nichol and or a Landrey Jones would ride pine for 3 years I would like to hear it because it is a good problem to have until 2 transfer and one gets kicked off the team!

I agree, if Bradford becomes the "heir apparent", something is going to have to give. We are blessed to have so much talent at QB, but that can be both a blessing and a curse. There are too many "gamers" in the rotation and someone is likely to go somewhere else. I hate that, but I think it may be true.

Just my take.

william_brasky
4/12/2007, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't mind Nichol getting in games for short yardage situations this season. Run some option, some bootlegs, some QB draws, some handoffs with him faking keepers. He could even throw off of some play action. That could be pretty interesting.

MojoRisen
4/13/2007, 01:35 PM
No doubt, I was never a fan of a two quarterback rotation but he definitely brings an added demension and don't forget he can throw on the run!

We could mix him in for sure, and keep Defenses off ballance. Do you think KW will have the nads to implement that?

insuranceman_22
4/13/2007, 10:47 PM
I like the idea of having Nichol take some game snaps. It adds a wrinkle that the defense at least has to look at and it'll help in his progression as a true Big Time D1 QB. Not saying I want him in the game in the 4th Q. on 3rd and 10 with the game on the line, but by the end of the year Stoops may have more confidence in him too.....

Ash
4/13/2007, 10:55 PM
No doubt, I was never a fan of a two quarterback rotation but he definitely brings an added demension and don't forget he can throw on the run!

We could mix him in for sure, and keep Defenses off ballance. Do you think KW will have the nads to implement that?

Heck, I'm just hoping for any added dimensions. I'm hoping with the versatile talent on the field this year and, hopefully, a QB that can efficiently run the O, we can throw in a few different looks.

goingoneight
4/13/2007, 11:22 PM
I saw Nichol run it for, meh... okay yardage considering he rolled out wide open and the defense couldn't stop anyone during the scrimmage. I don't necessarily see Nichol as a "mobile threat" though. He looks to me like a kid who has good size, speed... you know... all the tools to be successful. He's just a kid who's skipping all the great traditions of being a HS senior to play catch up at the next level. The reason no one is bragging about Halzle and Bradford's running ability is because they both made good reads and were able to execute the throws. I agree that Nichol has upside, but askign a tru freshmen to step into this style and speed of offense is risky. Too risky when you consider the talent surrounding the QB. As long as someone like Halzle or Bradford, who has been familiarized with the offense and speed of the game comes in and minimizes mistakes throwing the ball... how hard is it to hand off a ball?

MojoRisen
4/14/2007, 02:21 PM
Let the QB's throw the ball. Also Nichol definitely can throw on the run better than the other two.

We were lucky to some extent last year that our defense held up. A&M, OSU come too mind. Painfully close and 3 and out late in the game.

Don't confuse the fact that Nichol isn't playing with a full playbook. Talent wise I believe he can make just about any throw you ask him too.

william_brasky
4/14/2007, 03:05 PM
Do you think KW will have the nads to implement that?

I don't know. Everything has gone so conservative the last few years.

Ash
4/15/2007, 01:29 AM
I think Nichol is going to be a very good QB in the future, but right now still has a lot to learn -- more than just the playbook.

Bradford seems to be the most comfortable and makes the best decisions, as far as I can tell considering it's just spring.

By the time fall comes around, who knows. But right now, Bradford is the guy.

MojoRisen
4/15/2007, 07:39 AM
What do you think he needs to learn besides the playbook, I wouldn't bust out my note pad listening to him at the bar talk to some females.

Bradford is the guy and I look forward to seeing him play. However if he just hands the ball off I may as well come out of retirement.

Ash
4/15/2007, 09:03 AM
What do you think he needs to learn besides the playbook, I wouldn't bust out my note pad listening to him at the bar talk to some females.

Bradford is the guy and I look forward to seeing him play. However if he just hands the ball off I may as well come out of retirement.

Getting comfortable with the speed of the game...there's always room for improvement on technique, etc. IMHO, some of what he's learning is adjusting to this level of play. Maybe it'll be an easy transition, it's hard to tell at this point.

MiccoMacey
4/15/2007, 01:11 PM
P.S. how about Murray??

I don't think he's in the hunt for the QB position. :D

insuranceman_22
4/17/2007, 11:02 PM
Maybe if we see a return to the option...........probably not even then, I'd look at Madu!

MojoRisen
4/18/2007, 02:23 PM
Sam Proctor

OU_Sooners75
4/18/2007, 02:51 PM
Bradford and this is simple.

Halzle was only added to the roster for backup purposes after the 2005 season.

Nichol has not been on campus for 5 months yet. Given time and if he improves over the summer break, Nichol could be the starter.

Bradford right now looks like the best candidate that we have.

John Nimmo is just a walk-on and frankly doesnt have what it takes to be the starter at a NAIA school, let alone OU.

RedstickSooner
4/18/2007, 06:46 PM
I like Bradford, although I thought Halzle played well. Thing is, the only way I'd want Halzle to start is if he were 10 times better than any other QB on our roster. (And he isn't).

I want to finally get some benefit out of our QBs -- by having the same damned one for four years in a row.

MiccoMacey
4/18/2007, 07:33 PM
Bradford and this is simple.

Halzle was only added to the roster for backup purposes after the 2005 season.

Nichol has not been on campus for 5 months yet. Given time and if he improves over the summer break, Nichol could be the starter.

Bradford right now looks like the best candidate that we have.

I'm guessing you're either related to Bradford, you are Bradford, or Bradford has pictures of you doing something you don't want to share with the world (or Mrs. OU_Sooners75). :D

John Nimmo is just a walk-on and frankly doesnt have what it takes to be the starter at a NAIA school, let alone OU.

The fact you used that name is kind of hysterical. Johnny Nimmo (out of Del City) was a four time National Champ for Central State back in the mid to late eighties, and I believe they were NAIA when he won his titles.

I'm curious if there is any relationship between the two, or is that just strange coincidences.

bixby28
4/19/2007, 04:03 PM
Bradford is my guy...

Nichol and Halzle have shown promise throughout the spring but Bradford, IMO, has been the most stable, throw to throw among the three.

I think Nichol and Halzle are capable, this season, of playing great football, but don't seem to have the leadership in the huddle and in the pocket that Bradford does.

I think Nichol, with a better grasp of the playbook, could end-up seeing the field this season as Bradford's back-up.

Jewstin
4/19/2007, 04:08 PM
Halzle just hesitates so much and sometimes makes horrible decisions. He stares down his receivers, too. I'm all for Bradford at this point, but boy howdy, for being on campus only three months, Nichol shows a lot of promise.

I'm not going to worry about it too much, though. I don't have a say in it, so I'm waiting for Stoops and company to surprise me. :D

MiccoMacey
4/19/2007, 05:40 PM
Whomever it is, I hope the back-up gets to see the field if/when we have huge leads.

I understand that Nichol and Bradford are freshman, and as such need as many snaps as possible.

But if we have a huge lead, I'd be all for the other getting some game time reps as well for several reasons.

One, so we can have some experience if the starter goes down.

r5TPsooner
4/20/2007, 12:37 PM
Whoever can get the job done and make the program successful.

Scott D
7/30/2007, 04:03 PM
This thread sucks, Noah Allen isn't an option.

stoopified
7/30/2007, 05:37 PM
Bradford because we have NEVER started the season with a true frosh at QB.I eliminate Halzle because He was given no shot at all last year which leads me to question his ability.No much to go on but thats my thinking.

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 05:48 PM
Nichols because we need to get him experience! Otherwise, what about next year?:pop:

Bradford because we have NEVER started the season with a true frosh at QB.I eliminate Halzle because He was given no shot at all last year which leads me to question his ability.No much to go on but thats my thinking.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/30/2007, 05:54 PM
nm

Dan Thompson
7/30/2007, 06:11 PM
It doesn't matter. The Los Angeles Times has already picked USC as the MNC for this year. We can all go home and save our money for something else.

arcman46
7/30/2007, 07:17 PM

Halzle was not given the shot last year for the same reason that Nichol will not start this season, and that is because he did not have the time in the system. When push comes to shove, it will end up being a competition between Halzle and Bradford. I still think Halzle will be the starter simply because he is older, has more time in the system, has a year of juco under his belt, etc. Whoever it is that starts, however, will be the man, because that is the one that Coach Stoops and the other coaches think will be the best at the job.

SoonerStormchaser
7/30/2007, 07:37 PM
Why'd you resurrect this thread?

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 08:02 PM
LOL!:D

goingoneight
7/30/2007, 09:24 PM
[agroid in disguise] I want a true-freshmen to start so we'll have lots of n00b mistakes and turnovers. [/agroid in disguise]

SoonerKnight
7/30/2007, 10:48 PM
[agroid in disguise] I want a true-freshmen to start so we'll have lots of n00b mistakes and turnovers. [/agroid in disguise]

So he can start next year and make those mistakes then instead of now! OK?

utex74
7/30/2007, 11:49 PM

Opinion down south thinks Bradford will be your guy. A redshirt freshman with a strong supporting cast allowing him to develop, not unlike our situation last year. But maybe we're just seeing what worked for us.

Unlike what we did, though, get a back-up ready. Just in case.

MojoRisen
7/31/2007, 09:51 AM
Nichol needs to be the change of pace guy, to mix it up and create breakdowns as other teams prepare for a pocket passer, while Nichol could run the bone and throw on the run!

That way he plays and gets experience - as it may be an even tighter QB race next year. If Nichol passes bradford in ability to man the offense he should start either later in the season or a legitimate chance to start next year.

I wouldn't mind also seeing him RedShirt but with Landry Jones comming in I think Nichol should have his shot to play this year and next - and the redshirt goes to Jones.

Boffingham
7/31/2007, 12:48 PM
i choose whoever is not gonna get kicked off the team next week.

Tear Down This Wall
7/31/2007, 01:04 PM
We don't need a QB. Run the Single Wing, which technically has a QB, but it's really just another running back. This way, Patrick, Brown, and Murray can all be used.

http://www.noconacn.net/crain/playbo2.jpg

SoonerKnight
8/1/2007, 02:39 AM
I hope some of y'all can get to see some of the scrimmages so that those of us that are out of state can get a feel for who is doing better at QB. I hate not being able hear and see first hand. I am living Denver and all they talk about are the Donkeys and the Buffs! :(

birddog
8/1/2007, 09:34 AM

because we are actually much, much closer to the season than when you started it, maybe?

Arrowhead
8/14/2007, 08:34 AM
After Sat. scrimmage, looks like the tide turned against Bradford.

soonerspudman
8/14/2007, 09:22 AM
After Sat. scrimmage, looks like the tide turned against Bradford.

Why are so many people saying Bradford didn't show well? I didn't see the scrimmage, maybe it's intangibles, but Bradford had the best completion % for the day, in fact he completed 61% v. Nichols 50%, that's a big spread. I realize it comes down to who moves the offense best, but if Bradford started maybe he was facing the closest thing to our starting D out of everyone (I don't know, just speculating).

Just saying looking at the numbers Bradford had the best day, struggeling to understand how his stock could have gone down???

MojoRisen
8/14/2007, 09:41 AM
I heard that Nichol would have at least been 10- of 16 because of two PI's called on one of his drives. Not sure if that goes against stats though.

joeTsooner
8/14/2007, 12:34 PM
I like Halzle.

He didn't look good in the last scrimage, but the defense had seen all those hundreds of times. When the game is on the line, I want a veteran who works well with the team. Take a look at his facebook and you can see how well he gets along with his teammates.

arcman46
8/14/2007, 01:57 PM
I have said this alot on this and other boards. I will be happy with any of the QBs starting because I think that whoever starts will have the confidence of the coaches. That said, I personally think Halzle should start because he is a more than capable QB and has the most time in the system. Leadership and knowledge of the system and the game are as important as raw talent. This allows Bradford or Nichol to continue to develop. Odds are that one of them could end up as the starter later this year or next. And Halzle could surprise all the naysayers and be the next superstar OU QB.

HTown77095
8/14/2007, 10:13 PM
I think Halzle will do well if selected, but Bradford bleeds Crimson and that means more than anything in my opinion. Nicholas probably needs alittle more time.