PDA

View Full Version : so... Jai Lucas?

badger
4/6/2007, 09:53 AM
Not meaning to turn the conversation from K-State and A&M back to OU or anything, but are we getting Lucas? Or even Patterson? Who cares what the former spoiled brats of Sooner football (and their spoiled manager who was on television, blah blaaaaah) think, when we have two awesome recruits at large?

Links? Reports? Friend of a friend told your friend...?

Info, please!

mxATVracer10
4/6/2007, 10:54 AM
James Hale said there really isn't any new news on him this moring during the OU practice reports on the Animal. They said he's probably not going to be in any rush to commit to a school either since the ball is in his court right now....

stoops the eternal pimp
4/6/2007, 10:57 AM
sounds like billy donovan is hot on his trail

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2007, 11:03 AM
We're definitely not getting Patterson. He ruled OU out a few months ago.

Lucas and Patterson (in my opinion, just from watching this unfold) are likely heading to Gainesville.

King Crimson
4/6/2007, 11:07 AM
Lucas and Patterson (in my opinion, just from watching this unfold) are likely heading to Gainesville.

if so, sucks for us...but hard to blame him.

OSUAggie
4/6/2007, 11:16 AM
Jai might visit Minnesota now...

I think Kentucky is out of it with the hire of BCG, due to the lack of uptempo play.

Florida losing the 4 JR's probably puts them into the position UK held.

OSU and OU are definitely not out of it, though.

One of the OSU basketball recruiting "insiders" thinks a lot of kids are going to get out of their LOI's, especially concerning Huggy and attempting to follow him from K-State to WVU. Then, if aTm hires Tim Floyd, OJ Mayo might get out of his LOI and go to WVU to be with Huggy. He also had a few other scenarios that were possible but I don't think all of them are too likely.

I do think there will be some kids that get out of their LOI's as the coaching carousel keeps turning. Scott Sutton is also rumored to be on the short list for aTm, but I don't see them hiring him.

Should be interesting.

sooner518
4/6/2007, 11:19 AM
who wouldnt want to go to UF now? play as a freshman most likely and be competing for national titles. thats gonna be tough for OU to overcome

TopDawg
4/6/2007, 05:15 PM
who wouldnt want to go to UF now? play as a freshman most likely and be competing for national titles. thats gonna be tough for OU to overcome

They're going to have to answer a lot of questions to be back competing for a national title next year.

sooner518
4/6/2007, 06:31 PM
They're going to have to answer a lot of questions to be back competing for a national title next year.
well i meant in a couple years. theyve got no shot next year

badger
4/6/2007, 11:39 PM
man, florida needs to LOSE for a few years! don't give them another shot at a title by signing the top 2 recruits left!

stupid florida. the only thing they ever did right was hire ron zook :D:D:D

stoopified
4/7/2007, 10:13 AM
man, florida needs to LOSE for a few years! don't give them another shot at a title by signing the top 2 recruits left!

stupid florida. the only thing they ever did right was hire ron zook :D:D:DWell don't forget they DID hire Bob Stoops.

Shneeg11
4/7/2007, 08:25 PM
Well things have changed, but Blake said that at the McDonald's game, Jai was all about OU. Now that Donovan is pushing pretty hard to get him, I don't know how much of a chance we have to get Lucas. I think he is going to follow Patterson

boomersooner28
4/10/2007, 05:01 PM
I would be willing to bet Patterson and Lucas both end up at Florida.

usmc-sooner
4/10/2007, 06:16 PM
I'm thinking we better start firing up plan B

arklahoman36
4/14/2007, 01:17 PM
I don't have the ability to post a new thread, so I'll put this question here.

On an Arkansas message board, someone posted that Capel plans to or has hired Oronde Taliaferro, an assistant to former Arkansas HC Stan Heath. Has anyone heard this?

If it's true, would probably be a pretty good hire.

He's supposed to be a strong recruiter, and has been responsible for recruiting among other players: the SEC Freshman Player of the Year (Patrick Beverly), Sonny Weems (who was the number one or two ranked JUCO player) and Ronnie Brewer who's now playing with the Utah Jazz.

Named by Rivals as one of the Top 25 recruiters in the nation.

He was a highly regarded high school coach in Detroit, played prep in the area and still has strong ties to Detroit.

stoopified
4/14/2007, 07:55 PM
I don't have the ability to post a new thread, so I'll put this question here.

On an Arkansas message board, someone posted that Capel plans to or has hired Oronde Taliaferro, an assistant to former Arkansas HC Stan Heath. Has anyone heard this?

If it's true, would probably be a pretty good hire.

He's supposed to be a strong recruiter, and has been responsible for recruiting among other players: the SEC Freshman Player of the Year (Patrick Beverly), Sonny Weems (who was the number one or two ranked JUCO player) and Ronnie Brewer who's now playing with the Utah Jazz.

Named by Rivals as one of the Top 25 recruiters in the nation.

He was a highly regarded high school coach in Detroit, played prep in the area and still has strong ties to Detroit.Cool

Ash
4/14/2007, 10:12 PM
I would be willing to bet Patterson and Lucas both end up at Florida.

From the outside looking in, this would be the safe bet.

arklahoman36
4/20/2007, 11:23 PM
Cool

Heard on the Sports Animal today that the hiring of Oronde Taliaferro is close to a done deal.

Would seem to be a good hire, plus he was the main guy on the ARK staff who was recruiting Willie Warren, a 6-4 195 SG out of Texas. Warren wasn't listing OU as a school of choice, maybe Taliaferro could get him to give the school a look.

He's ranked the #3 SG by Rivals for 2008, and is an AAU teammate of Rotnei Clarke, who does list OU among the schools he's interested.

There has been talk on other boards, that the guys wouldn't mind finding a school where they can play together.

illinisooner
4/21/2007, 12:07 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the kid out of Redlands CC we were recruiting (Alexander ?), just signed with Illinois. So I'm happy the Orange and Blue got him, but at the same time I'd like him to be a Sooner too.

illinisooner
4/25/2007, 12:45 AM
Capel was down in Houston on Saturday recruiting Lucas, so I guess that means we're still in the race for him. Maybe the Maze dismissal will have an effect on his decision...who knows. Obviously OU is the only place (Of his schools that he's interested in) where he could come in and start right away.

rankin07
4/25/2007, 06:52 PM
I really am confused by Lucas...he's very short and small and I honestly think that if it weren't for his brother and dad he wouldn't be very highly recruited like he is now...I honestly believe Donte Smith could be a better option he's bigger and he can shoot the long ball very well..he isn't a Chris Walker he averaged many points in Juco and I really feel he could translate that over to D1 just like Quannas White did

william_brasky
4/28/2007, 09:12 AM
Apparently Capel visited Jai yesterday.

I read that Gillespie and Williams (Maryland) meet with him today for the last 2 visits before decision.

It'd be amazing if we got him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

LittleWingSooner
4/28/2007, 09:31 AM
I would like Donte Smith more, he seems to be able to score more for next year. That's what we need the most. I'm not sure about Jai Lucas he seems too much like Drew Lavender to me.

Rhino
4/28/2007, 10:48 AM
Apparently Capel visited Jai yesterday.

I read that Gillespie and Williams (Maryland) meet with him today for the last 2 visits before decision.

It'd be amazing if we got him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Donovan was rumored to be his last visit, just before the 'midnight hour' Monday.

OSUAggie
4/28/2007, 11:04 AM
The last schedule I saw was Sean on Wednesday, Billy D on Thursday, Capel on Friday, BCG on Saturday and Gary Williams on Sunday.