PDA

View Full Version : Dear... God... Please... Make... It... Stop....

soonerboy_odanorth
4/5/2007, 05:56 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When is this @$ #&*()%^ NCAA hearing!?!?

It's starting to get as painful as last August through the RRS. Sure we got a respite, right up until the Fiesta Bowl, and now the tabloid crap just keeps spewing out of the septic tank pumps that are the various media sources, especially the DMN. And all the little lovelies, 'horn and aggie, just keep piling
it on.

If Karma is real, we deserve one heck of a good year so that all the orange and aggie implode, and those a**hats at the DMN get bought out by the Gaylord Family and every last one of their butts canned!!!!!!!!!!

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Fraggle145
4/5/2007, 05:59 PM
IN.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

insuranceman_22
4/5/2007, 11:29 PM
Very well stated soonerboy, I have an idea about the DMN.....every see Fight Club?

goingoneight
4/5/2007, 11:32 PM
Why does everyone keep using the DMN as a credible source? HELLOOOOOO!?!?!

Dallas, TEXAS???

They're about as useless as the DOK for any real info on this NCAA dealio right now. The DMN has known for several months now about ALL of the details submitted to the NCAA by OU, and NOW... all of a sudden they decide they'll trash OUr rep? Great timing for a great (pffft!) newspaper. Too bad it's not soft enough for restroom use.

Rhino
4/5/2007, 11:54 PM
Geez guys, relax a bit.

Collier11
4/6/2007, 12:07 AM
The NCAA is gonna make us sweat a bit but I dont see any way that they could punish us any further except maybe a loss of one or two schollys. If we get anything more severe I will be shocked beyond explanation!

goingoneight
4/6/2007, 12:23 AM
Geez guys, relax a bit.

I'm relaxed just fine... I expect a few scholarships taken away, but nothing more. I'm just sayin'... why are people using Texas media as a credible source? They've known about this situation for several months now, and of all times, they pick ten days before the NCAA meeting to make up stuff. As if the NCAA is going to go off of what a hater columnist spits out for a paycheck daily.

Rhino
4/6/2007, 12:39 AM
ESPN and the Tulsa World are doing it too. Know why? Because it's timely and newsworthy.

They're "hatin' on us" because we face an NCAA hearing and we're a major college football program. It would be the same if it was Miami, Georgia, Michigan, and yes, texas or USC. Major programs get major coverage, especially when there are major screwups.

Collier11
4/6/2007, 01:06 AM
except for USC....just saying

Fraggle145
4/6/2007, 01:34 AM
except for USC....just saying

agreed or tOSU.

BTW, I need a free house for my parents and $500 dollar handshake...

What a 1 game suspension and a 2 heismans?

well I guess so... :rolleyes:

Ash
4/6/2007, 08:19 AM
Meh, we'll find out in the next week or two. I'd be surprised if anything major comes down, but you never know.

I would hope that the NCAA takes into consideration the kind of action taken by Stoops and the University.

FaninAma
4/6/2007, 09:09 AM
Anybody with even a shred of objectivity will read every story that has come out recently regarding this incident and conclude:

1.There really isn't more to the story.
2.McCrae is a major loser.
3.Bomar appears to be growing up.
4.Quinn appears to be the same self-absorbed brat he was at OU.
5.Horn fans and TAMU aggies are Major Morons and hypocrites.

The best line I saw from a horn fan on this was "I have too much pride to cheer for cheaters." To which I would have responded, "Then I guess you don't cheer for the Texas baseball team since they got a major infraction slapped on them in 2002. "

All of these "reports" are in actuality non-stories. I suspect they were actually done earlier but they weren't juicy enough to run but nothing else has turned up and the time is drawing near to this saga being over so they just had to run something....so they ran with what they had which is nothing.

BajaOklahoma
4/6/2007, 09:22 AM
Instead of following yesterday's old news up with something new, there is nothing in the DMN today. What a shock.

Remember that the only difference between the guys who write the sport's new and you is that they get paid to watch the games and you pay to watch them. They aren't as smart as some of us and smarter than some (usually pokes).

Personally, I skip the comics section and go straight to the sports. Best laughs of the day.

Roll Tide Forever Amen
4/6/2007, 09:25 AM
The NCAA is gonna make us sweat a bit but I dont see any way that they could punish us any further except maybe a loss of one or two schollys. If we get anything more severe I will be shocked beyond explanation!

Unfortunately...they can, trust me here. Been there done that. Good luck with this guys...Go Sooners.

Beef
4/6/2007, 10:09 AM
Why does anyone care what other teams fans think?

TopDawg
4/6/2007, 05:24 PM
ESPN and the Tulsa World are doing it too. Know why? Because it's timely and newsworthy.

That's no surprise. Look how much closer Tulsa is to Stillwater than to Norman. And don't get me started on the east coast bias of ESPN.

The Consumate Showman
4/7/2007, 12:59 AM
April 12 is the hearing date and we have nothing to worry about.

For God's sake, we kicked off our #1 QB and a probable starting OL and did not fill back out their scholarship spots.

Only thing that might happen is that we disagree and maybe take some action against the NCAA if they try to say that we were lacking "institutional control."

IMO, and from what I've been told, this is simply a formality.

Scott D
4/7/2007, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately...they can, trust me here. Been there done that. Good luck with this guys...Go Sooners.

no offense, but this isn't anywhere near a Logan situation where a booster is paying a coach and a recruit to come here. Besides, Phil Fulmer has no smoking gun against us.