PDA

View Full Version : Donovan stays at Florida, 4 players to NBA

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 03:25 PM
Glad to see Noah leaving. Annoying freak.

I think Horford's gonna be a great NBA player.

PG and SF are leaving as well. Their names escape me at this time.

So who goes to UK?

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 03:26 PM
Rick Barnes is actually what I'm hearing to Kentucky.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 04:39 PM
Rick Barnes is actually what I'm hearing to Kentucky.

there's a lot of talk about that around the net. we'll see.

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 04:42 PM
I heard Izzo and Crean mentioned just a few minutes ago.

Barnes does seem like a good fit.

crawfish
4/5/2007, 04:44 PM
Rumors are Donavan is now recruiting Jai Lucas, although they already have a top PG coming in...

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 04:48 PM
Lucas AND Patterson will probably wind up at Florida as a package deal. :(

Barnes would be a great fit at Kentucky, but I'm not sure that it'd be the right move for him. Texas is certainly not an elite basketball school, but it has a lot of ingredients that could make it such.

JohnnyMack
4/5/2007, 05:26 PM
Texas is certainly not an elite basketball school, but it has a lot of ingredients that could make it such.

I'll translate for the slow kids: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 05:41 PM
i'd say by today's standards: UT putting TJ Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge and Durant in the pros makes it fairly elite.

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 05:45 PM
i'd say by today's standards: UT putting TJ Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge and Durant in the pros makes it fairly elite.

I disagree. By that standard, Rhode Island could be considered an elite program with Cuttino Mobley and Lamar Odom.

An elite program is one that competes for national titles consistently in multiple eras. Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA-those are elite. By that standard, Texas is second tier.

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 05:51 PM
RI is a bad comparison, none of those were in the last 4-5 years. the premier players are thinking NBA first, staying to compete for NC's second. and they have little memory/ i teach kids that age. they don't know anything that didn't happen last week. the Civil War, the TV show Dallas, and the Magna Carta are all in the same proximity. the past i don't give a **** about.

note i said, by today's standards.

obviously teams and programs that win in multiple eras are elite from a fan perspective....but it's not about that anymore in terms of recruiting from a player perspective, more often than not. they want to get in "the league".

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2007, 06:08 PM
that corey brewer has scary eyebrows

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 06:09 PM
But see, that's what I'm getting at. Rhode Island, by that standard, was an elite program for a few years-but they weren't. Harrick left, and they became an also-ran really quickly. Same thing at Texas right now-if Barnes leaves right now, they're screwed. Texas is successful because of Rick Barnes. Conversely, North Carolina is successful because they're North Carolina, not because Roy Williams is a particularly excellent coach (though he actually is a pretty damn good coach.)

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 06:26 PM
But see, that's what I'm getting at. Rhode Island, by that standard, was an elite program for a few years-but they weren't. Harrick left, and they became an also-ran really quickly. Same thing at Texas right now-if Barnes leaves right now, they're screwed. Texas is successful because of Rick Barnes. Conversely, North Carolina is successful because they're North Carolina, not because Roy Williams is a particularly excellent coach (though he actually is a pretty damn good coach.)

Texas has a lot more money and national prestige than RI. you gotta admit that. idon't see much RI gear around Denver/Boulder. and i see a hella lot UT stuff.

i see your point, but in overall context i don't think it's a good comparison.

if Barnes leaves, it will become interesting. even Penders (a poor man's Billy Tubbs) got UT to the sweet 16. today's UT is state of the art money athletic department. facilities, coaches, whatever. it's a cynical world where "we can buy you" is the M.O......but that's UT. and they love to tell ya all about it.

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 06:48 PM
North Carolina is successful because they're North Carolina, not because Roy Williams is a particularly excellent coach (though he actually is a pretty damn good coach.)

Don't even get me started on Roy.

I'm still bitter about my tourney bracket.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2007, 06:59 PM
Don't even get me started on Roy.

I'm still bitter about my tourney bracket.

muhaaaaa...muhhaaaaa..

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 07:04 PM
muhaaaaa...muhhaaaaa..

:mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2007, 07:17 PM
im sorry

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 07:42 PM
Hey, I picked Woy to win this year but I still managed to win the office pool. Came down to total points in the finals.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/5/2007, 08:04 PM
im happy i finished 7th...i indeed have low expectations of myself

william_brasky
4/5/2007, 08:50 PM
im sorry

i was jokin' pimp. i'm over it. :( :D :(