PDA

View Full Version : When is the aggie lite spring game?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2007, 03:12 PM
Is it on ESPN like OU?

What is the attendance? vs. OU?

TIA

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 03:14 PM
April 14th

No

30,000 (hopefully)

The most powerful offense in the world will be there, however.

sooner518
4/5/2007, 03:15 PM
-there will be free parking
-there WILL be 30,000 fans* in attendance
-THE MOST powerful offense in the entire world WILL be on display

I wouldnt miss it for the world :D

*-sheep may be herded into the stands to meet Coach Gundy's 30K challenge

OU-HSV
4/5/2007, 03:16 PM
It might be on t.v. on the "Animal Planet"...cause I heard there's sheep involved

TheHumanAlphabet
4/5/2007, 03:51 PM
Okay, I've been traveling alot lately and am not clued in...

What is this "most powerful offense in the world" thing everyone is joking about?

I love the responses when I forget the ;)...

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, I've been traveling alot lately and am not clued in...

What is this "most powerful offense in the world" thing everyone is joking about?

I love the responses when I forget the ;)...

This idiotic marketing campaign done by the likes of a 2-year-old.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/lukin254/offense.jpg

King Crimson
4/5/2007, 04:23 PM
yeah that's pretty dumb. though, one of my uncles is a big OSU guy and Posse club member or whatever it's called and some of the Les Miles era stuff he was showing me made me blow snot bubbles i was laughing so hard.

John Kochtoston
4/5/2007, 04:58 PM
April 14th

The most powerful offense in the world will be there, however.

That is pretty impressive that Pickens/Holder/Gundy got the Indianapolis Colts to come in to town. Are they gonna sign autographs?

DeadSolidPerfect
4/5/2007, 05:01 PM
This idiotic marketing campaign done by the likes of a 2-year-old.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q128/lukin254/offense.jpg
Hey, "NO EXCUSES" is our thingy

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 05:08 PM
I thought finish was your thing? At least on your bracelets or whatever they were.

OSUAggie
4/5/2007, 05:10 PM
yeah that's pretty dumb. though, one of my uncles is a big OSU guy and Posse club member or whatever it's called and some of the Les Miles era stuff he was showing me made me blow snot bubbles i was laughing so hard.

Yeah the POSSE club sends out all kinds of stupid ****. I just throw it away. Although they sent out key chain attachments with a bar code that they can just scan you into all of their events, so I guess that's something that they've done right.

sooner518
4/5/2007, 05:20 PM
I thought finish was your thing? At least on your bracelets or whatever they were.
we didnt really finish very well that year, so we dont speak of that, just like we dont speak of that game

OU-HSV
4/5/2007, 08:20 PM
What's with the "Mike Gundy 30K challenge"? Is that like a charity event to try to get his salary up to $30K/year?? ;)

picasso
4/5/2007, 09:14 PM
oSu Hair/Gell Game

4pm, Thrusday April 12, Ponca City High School.

Towels and soap @ entrance.

(Fartknocking contest at halftime) Robert Allen judging.

OU4LIFE
4/6/2007, 08:01 AM
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/7910400580.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5035938)

6 MINUTES!!!

OU4LIFE
4/6/2007, 08:05 AM
30,000? You have GOT to be freaking kidding me. No way in HELL you draw 30k to your spring game, unless you're giving away free sheep. You're lucky to draw 40 to a REAL GAME.

but hey, it's good to dream. and by 'good to dream' I mean 'good for us to watch you dream and then get beatdown while watching your dreams get flushed down the toilet every year'.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/6/2007, 11:45 AM
I think "Most powerful offense in the Universe" would sound a lot better..

Mixer!
4/6/2007, 12:29 PM
http://clerestoryav.com/boonestate/comics/beat_baylor_copy.jpg

Aries
4/6/2007, 01:33 PM
That is pretty impressive that Pickens/Holder/Gundy got the Indianapolis Colts to come in to town. Are they gonna sign autographs?

No way. They're hoping no one notices they were ever there.

BASSooner
4/6/2007, 01:35 PM
Aggie lite is having a spring game? What else did I miss?

MichiganSooner
4/6/2007, 09:26 PM
Read part of a post from an osu forum about a recent practice session of the World's Greatest Offense.

Offense.
First team, not too sharp, second team defense had way too much success from my view. Bobby did not have a great day throwing, particularly early, he was very good with runs. Several of his throws were knee cap or below, but he does have a cannon. Effortlessly flipping the ball 55 yards into the wind, unfortunately just a pace over thrown but he knows what he is doing. Some of his short throws were hurried and he put a little too much mustard on them given the weather conditions, perhaps a good learning experience. Receivers, including Bowman, also had a few drops.

The offensive line had Koenig at left guard, Bond at right tackle. My guess is the first line is close to being set.
Second team is still in progress, I believe Noah Franklin twisted an ankle, we will probably not see him next week. Line blocking decent, ways to go before we are ready for a game between the hedges.

WR
Too many drops, a few good catches. Pettigrew pulled one in at his ankles as we was running, extremely impressive, but he also dropped a couple of gimmes.

OSUAggie
4/6/2007, 09:30 PM
Might as well not even play the season now... :rolleyes:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/6/2007, 10:57 PM
Might as well not even play the season now... :rolleyes:

Cause basketball season is always just around the corner! :D

OSUAggie
4/7/2007, 01:25 AM
Maybe we can go 16-15!

Fraggle145
4/7/2007, 03:17 AM
I think Woods made Bobby ICantRead look better than he is... we all know that he was the clutch reciever (see who they threw it to during the entire OU game). I never feared Bowman, but the Woods are the only ones to ever beat us that I have seen with my own eyes (excluding the 90s which I dont think ever hapopened). Are there any more of them left? I hate that family...

GoState
4/7/2007, 11:53 AM
I think Woods made Bobby ICantRead look better than he is... we all know that he was the clutch reciever (see who they threw it to during the entire OU game). I never feared Bowman, but the Woods are the only ones to ever beat us that I have seen with my own eyes (excluding the 90s which I dont think ever hapopened). Are there any more of them left? I hate that family...

Donovan Woods is still on the team, but on defense. And at receiver is... Artrell Woods (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=304681&Q_SEASON=2007). I have to mention that Artrell isn't one of the Rashaun, D'Juan, Donovan clan, but maybe, just maybe he'll live up to that name. :-)

MichiganSooner
4/7/2007, 03:59 PM
If they pull 30,000 to watch the world's greatest offense in the spring game they outdraw us by 9,000.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/7/2007, 04:41 PM
Maybe we can go 16-15!

Well, I'm just quoting one of the most famous quotes from Stoolwater. If you have never said that you must not be an aggie lite fan.

goingoneight
4/7/2007, 10:34 PM
Maybe we can go 16-15!

:stunned: as longe as we beet uo :stunned:

poke4christ
4/7/2007, 10:44 PM
If they pull 30,000 to watch the world's greatest offense in the spring game they outdraw us by 9,000.

I'm not sure if we'll get 30k, but it's looking like we will be close. Witch would mean we would outdraw OU. When was the last time that happened for a spring game? Has it ever? Anyway, just have to wait and see on this one.

OSUAggie
4/7/2007, 10:49 PM
:stunned: as longe as we beet uo :stunned:

We don't choose you as 1 of our 3 opponents to draw a sellout every year in basketball.

Jello Biafra
4/7/2007, 11:08 PM
Maybe we can go 16-15!

or maybe WE can get beat out in the first round of the NIT by a team that was barely picked to play in it.

just remember foo......we were predicting a baaaaad basketball season this year. you guys were the ones that just knew you were final four bound.....

ps. sorry bout the "baaad" above. i know you got a chub out of it and now have to go hammer your wood.

Jello Biafra
4/7/2007, 11:10 PM
We don't choose you as 1 of our 3 opponents to draw a sellout every year in basketball.

this coming from a fan of a team that sells 3 game season ticket packages to OU fans just so you can call the other two games "sell outs" at booger pickens.

Jello Biafra
4/7/2007, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if we'll get 30k, but it's looking like we will be close. Witch would mean we would outdraw OU. When was the last time that happened for a spring game? Has it ever? Anyway, just have to wait and see on this one.

since we had it on the espn and all....i would guess there was another 50-75k in the okc area that watched it on tv.

you guys didn't really get that option now did ya? did you outdraw us? maybe. did we care? eh...... it was on tv, there were no opposing teams to harass, we can drink beer on the couch and we are still undefeated with or without the fans in the stands. which would YOU rather have?

Jello Biafra
4/7/2007, 11:19 PM
Donovan Woods is still on the team, but on defense. And at receiver is... Artrell Woods (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=304681&Q_SEASON=2007). I have to mention that Artrell isn't one of the Rashaun, D'Juan, Donovan clan, but maybe, just maybe he'll live up to that name. :-)

yeah yeah whatever. theres only one of those woods who have done much. im more impressed with the fact that woods is almost a spitting image of julius campbell from remember the titans.

goingoneight
4/7/2007, 11:25 PM

Maybe more sellouts, but we're definitely tops the list. I guess we're just :cool: like that.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/7/2007, 11:37 PM
Now presenting the GREATEST OFFENSE IN STILLWATER...THE STATE...THE COUNTRY...THE WORLD.....DARE I SAY THE UNIVERSE....WINNERS OF A STAGGERING 3 CONFERENCE GAMES LAST YEAR....DRAWING CROWDS REMINESCENT OF A CLASS 2A FOOTBALL GAME.....

picasso
4/8/2007, 09:08 PM
gay!

Mixer!
4/8/2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.connollyco.com/discography/eagles/witchy7_hi.jpg

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 09:52 AM
I'm laying 500 to 1 to anyone that thinks they will draw 30,000 to their spring game.

and I'm talking real money.

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 10:08 AM
I'm laying 500 to 1 to anyone that thinks they will draw 30,000 to their spring game.

and I'm talking real money.

I don't really think that we'll get 30k, but if you're actually offering, then I'd be more then willing to put down 5 bucks. I think the odds are a lot higher then that that we hit it. So if you're serious, I'll take it.

picasso
4/9/2007, 10:25 AM
I don't really think that we'll get 30k, but if you're actually offering, then I'd be more then willing to put down 5 bucks. I think the odds are a lot higher then that that we hit it. So if you're serious, I'll take it.
that wouldn't be far off from the regular season average.

again there Zach, our spring game has been on national tv a few times.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 10:41 AM

and everyone in this thread is witness of your acceptance.

Should I just send you my address now?

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 10:47 AM

and just to be clear, you are putting your $5 against my $2500 that you have 30,000 fans show up in your stadium for the spring game.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 10:49 AM
I'm in for $5,000.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 10:51 AM
5 bucks I believe he'll own up to, $5,000, is pure silliness. You know you'll never pay up.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 10:53 AM
I'll send you a check for the down payment.

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 10:53 AM
and just to be clear, you are putting your $5 against my $2500 that you have 30,000 fans show up in your stadium for the spring game.

Yes, I am. I am more then willing to put up 5 bucks for that kind of payoff. You obviously believe that there is no chance. You might want to stew on that a little bit. Make dang sure it's not just your crimson colored glasses here because you actually are putting 2500 dollars on the table for only a 5 dollar pay off.

Anyway, I'm in agreement here.

Sooner in Tampa
4/9/2007, 11:05 AM
You dip$hit$ are plain out dillusional if you think you are going to draw 30k sheephumpers for your spring game...you can barely do it for a regular game.

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 11:08 AM
well, the point here being, as stated in the original bet, is that you put 30,000 in the seats for the spring game.

not 29,999, not 30,001, but 30,000.

needless to say, I like my chances, a LOT. you morans.

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 11:13 AM
well, the point here being, as stated in the original bet, is that you put 30,000 in the seats for the spring game.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g133/Pubanne/fez-1.jpg

Ohhhh, I get it. You crazy kidder you!

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 11:14 AM

Can we have Sherri Coale come count for us?

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 11:20 AM
Funny though, we'd really have only the game estimate to go on. This number is normally a rounded off number in the thousands (for example, 15,000 for last years and 21,000 for OU this year). Given that, my chances probably wasn't as bad as you might think.

JohnnyMack
4/9/2007, 11:21 AM

Well since ours was a) on ESPN and b) played in 40 degree weather with blowing wind I can't imagine why more people didn't show up.

That's Aggie Lite for ya, "We outdrew OU in the spring game! We're on the rise baby! Here we come!"

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 11:24 AM
Can we have Sherri Coale come count for us?

no. and you can't have he come and take you to the sweet sixteen either.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 11:25 AM
Well since ours was a) on ESPN and b) played in 40 degree weather with blowing wind I can't imagine why more people didn't show up.

That's Aggie Lite for ya, "We outdrew OU in the spring game! We're on the rise baby! Here we come!"

You'd think God Stoops would call for better weather that day...

OU4LIFE
4/9/2007, 11:46 AM

well, it was either that, or punish the 3rd world countries for not worshiping him.....it's a trade off.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 11:53 AM
How generous of Him.

picasso
4/9/2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, I am. I am more then willing to put up 5 bucks for that kind of payoff. You obviously believe that there is no chance. You might want to stew on that a little bit. Make dang sure it's not just your crimson colored glasses here because you actually are putting 2500 dollars on the table for only a 5 dollar pay off.

Anyway, I'm in agreement here.
you're really becoming the average oSu prick/idiot. 4life works in Stillwater and has to put up with you knobs on a daily basis. I feel his pain.

You're the one that sported small wood for even the thought of having more folks at your spring game than OU. The entire idea/dream/circle jerk is gay, even if it actually happens.
Our point is that our game has brought in 40,000 quite a few times. Has been on ESPN quite a few times and was played last weekend in ultra cold weather whilst being nationally televised.

Crimson colored glasses need not apply.

picasso
4/9/2007, 01:49 PM
he's earned that title. Hair Gell isn't even close.

starrca23
4/9/2007, 02:04 PM
I thought on ESPN they said we had around 40k in the stands for the spring game. Is that wrong?

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 02:15 PM
you're really becoming the average oSu prick/idiot. 4life works in Stillwater and has to put up with you knobs on a daily basis. I feel his pain.

You're the one that sported small wood for even the thought of having more folks at your spring game than OU. The entire idea/dream/circle jerk is gay, even if it actually happens.
Our point is that our game has brought in 40,000 quite a few times. Has been on ESPN quite a few times and was played last weekend in ultra cold weather whilst being nationally televised.

4life and I had quite the civil PM and we both agreed that the chances of getting 30k+ at the OSU spring game was around 20%. I made that post out of thoughfulness for him.

We all have our respective glasses. I've got my orange colored glasses and you guys have your crimson ones. Ignoring the fact that they exist only leads to problems, which is why I made the above post to begin with. It was a curtosy, not being a prick.

It really seems like any time I disagree with anybody here I'm suddenly being labeled as a "Prick", a "moron" or even "un-Christ like".

Fraggle145
4/9/2007, 02:27 PM

Yet another reason I hate poke4christ... neg him at every opportunity, I know I do.

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 02:41 PM
I thought on ESPN they said we had around 40k in the stands for the spring game. Is that wrong?

Sherri Coale (and probably others) said there were 40,000 people there. It was actually in the neighborhood of 20,000, which was displayed by ESPN towards the end of the game.

Boomer.....
4/9/2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I saw 20-21K.

I_SMELL_FEAR
4/9/2007, 02:46 PM
having the game on Easter weekend probably hurt the attendance level a little too

OSUAggie
4/9/2007, 02:48 PM
Did they have to move it up due to the meeting next weekend or was it always supposed to be this past weekend?

picasso
4/9/2007, 02:52 PM
4life and I had quite the civil PM and we both agreed that the chances of getting 30k+ at the OSU spring game was around 20%. I made that post out of thoughfulness for him.

We all have our respective glasses. I've got my orange colored glasses and you guys have your crimson ones. Ignoring the fact that they exist only leads to problems, which is why I made the above post to begin with. It was a curtosy, not being a prick.

It really seems like any time I disagree with anybody here I'm suddenly bein labeled as a "Prick", a "moron" or even "un-Christ like".
the prick comment was over top and I apologize but that's pretty much what I thought of.:D

poke4christ
4/9/2007, 02:55 PM
the prick comment was over top and I apologize but that's pretty much what I thought of.:D

Thank you. I appreciate it.

MichiganSooner
4/9/2007, 06:04 PM
During the game, the announcers said over and over there were 40,000 there. Later, Sheri Coale gave the same figure. Looking at the stands, it was ovbious every other seat was not occupied,

At the end, a grahic said 21,000+.

picasso
4/9/2007, 06:28 PM
nobody really seems to care other than opposing fans.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2007, 07:08 PM
Well, the crowd seemed good, sorry it was so cold and a holiday weekend, my 50-inch plasma and warm living room with beverages was just fine. Probably held down the crowd. I sure hope LosuR draws 20K+, just for the fact that I would like to see them do something right and live up to the hype (world' greatest offense) once...

Fraggle145
4/9/2007, 09:23 PM
...It really seems like any time I disagree with anybody here I'm suddenly being labeled as a "Prick", a "moron" or even "un-Christ like".

When that is the image you put out there, you are surprised that when you deviate from it people call you out? :rolleyes:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/9/2007, 09:25 PM
Is there a ****** Bell for Spring games now?

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 09:28 PM
Well, the game is free of charge, and it's not quite a holiday... you'll have decent weather, and finals are still not quite here yet, so it IS possible. Would you like that in cash, IOU or vcash? :cool:

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 09:31 PM

It really seems like any time I disagree with anybody here I'm suddenly being labeled as a "Prick", a "moron" or even "un-Christ like".

Heh, you should register as "hornforchrist..." That's like registering as Soonerforchrist on whornfans.com. :D

:les: BLASPHEMY!!!

OU4LIFE
4/10/2007, 07:08 AM
Well, the crowd seemed good, sorry it was so cold and a holiday weekend, my 50-inch plasma and warm living room with beverages was just fine. Probably held down the crowd. I sure hope LosuR draws 20K+, just for the fact that I would like to see them do something right and live up to the hype (world' greatest offense) once...

that's damned close to a negging offense.....you do NOT root for them to do anything right. ever.

JohnnyMack
4/14/2007, 09:30 AM
Nice weather we got today. I'll eat 4LIFE's poop if they get 20, much less 30.

OSUAggie
4/14/2007, 09:35 AM
Nice weather we got today. I'll eat 4LIFE's poop if they get 20, much less 30.

Yah, I don't think there will be more than 15,000. I'm definitely not going.

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 11:51 AM
I'm looking outside right now in stillwater. Looks fin to me. Gametime forecast is sunny and 52 degrees (high of 55). That ain't bad and I don't think anybody will be scared off. I'm not necessarily saying we'll get 30k, but I want to see some people eating crow when we are over 20k. My actual prediction for today is 25k.

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 11:54 AM
Yah, I don't think there will be more than 15,000. I'm definitely not going.

What they heck aggie? This sound like your sitting on your hand. If you've got a decent reason then fine, but if you are nearby and just sitting on your hand they get your butt to that game.

MichiganSooner
4/14/2007, 12:21 PM
The Red-White Game was televised live. 21,000 attended; the price to get in was $5.00 in advance or $10.00 the day of the game; students were free.

At osu, the game is NOT televised; they have the world's greatest offense; the admission is FREE to everyone. So, if you guys manage to draw 22,000 to your FREE game, OU is way ahead in the revenue that Mike Holder covets. By the way, I wonder how much OU got from the TV broadcast?

I guess it is like your great bowl trip to Shreveport, about a 6 hour drive for most of your fans. The tickets are FREE cuz a donor buys most of them for your great fans who "travel well".

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 12:28 PM
The Red-White Game was televised live. 21,000 attended; the price to get in was $5.00 in advance or $10.00 the day of the game; students were free.

At osu, the game is NOT televised; they have the world's greatest offense; the admission is FREE to everyone. So, if you guys manage to draw 22,000 to your FREE game, OU is way ahead in the revenue that Mike Holder covets. By the way, I wonder how much OU got from the TV broadcast?

I guess it is like your great bowl trip to Shreveport, about a 6 hour drive for most of your fans. The tickets are FREE cuz a donor buys most of them for your great fans who "travel well".

Were talking about the OSU spring game, not OU's. I never said that having more made us better so there's no need for you to make excuses for them.

OSUAggie
4/14/2007, 12:36 PM
What they heck aggie? This sound like your sitting on your hand. If you've got a decent reason then fine, but if you are nearby and just sitting on your hand they get your butt to that game.

I had to cover at work for some pussies that were "sick" today. Not gonna make it. Plus it's too ****ing cold to get in a round over there, so I'm out.

To be fair, we sold out the club seats at $25/per, so that's $62,500.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/14/2007, 12:42 PM
As long as the wind wasn't blowing hard I would be in for just about anything.

soonerloyal
4/14/2007, 12:44 PM
Slightly OT, I'm trying to remember when OU club seats were available for $25...

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 12:51 PM
Slightly OT, I'm trying to remember when OU club seats were available for $25...

When their expensive you insult us. When their cheap, you insult us. :rolleyes:

It's a present to the fans and it let's many who couldn't afford it otherwise experience the club level.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/14/2007, 12:51 PM
I keep wondering since they have the world's greatest offense, will the defense be known as "the visitors" during the spring game?

OSUAggie
4/14/2007, 12:52 PM
Plus it's a ****ing scrimmage, and the world's greatest offense is divided.

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 12:53 PM
I had to cover at work for some pussies that were "sick" today. Not gonna make it. Plus it's too ****ing cold to get in a round over there, so I'm out.

That's cool with work, but 50 degrees is too cold? Are you a native texan? :texan: ;)

OSUAggie
4/14/2007, 12:53 PM
White team will be called the visitors. Reid's already guaranteed victory for the Orange team. I still can't believe Gundy's letting the QB's take shots. :fingerscrossed:

Ardmore_Sooner
4/14/2007, 12:57 PM
Plus it's a ****ing scrimmage, and the world's greatest offense is divided.

I dunno if its just a scrimmage, you guys have the goofiest ads in the world for it. Just cause you guys are some of the stupidest stuff doesn't mean you have to join the crazy train and defend it.

oufan1
4/14/2007, 01:35 PM

If you had an OU education you wouldnt have to work weekends:D

To be fair, we sold out the club seats at $25/per, so that's $62,500.
Wow your well on your way with that sort of revenue. With that kind of money maybe you guys can make a second run at the Goodson kid that ended up at A&M... or are we not supposed to talk about aggies under the table dealings.

soonerloyal
4/14/2007, 01:48 PM
When their expensive you insult us. When their cheap, you insult us. :rolleyes:

It's a present to the fans and it let's many who couldn't afford it otherwise experience the club level.

Hey, Bro in Christ, ease up and chill out. Did you honestly see an insult in there, or did you just jump the gun and claim one? It just occured to me that our prices haven't been that low in how long. Not every post mentioning a difference is an insult.
:rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
4/14/2007, 01:49 PM
I still can't believe Gundy's letting the QB's take shots.

It's so Reid can get hurt and Gumby can blame the dismal season on his injury this next year... :pop:

poke4christ
4/14/2007, 03:09 PM
Hey, Bro in Christ, ease up and chill out. Did you honestly see an insult in there, or did you just jump the gun and claim one? It just occured to me that our prices haven't been that low in how long. Not every post mentioning a difference is an insult.
:rolleyes:

Sorry, I appologize. I've kind of gotten fed up with a lot of the fans on this board so I have a tendancy to snap at people.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/14/2007, 05:19 PM
I love how our game was on ESPN, and at least Texas had their game on Fox Sports Net, but the aggie lite spring game is second fiddle to the OU-Nebbish baseball game! We just can't get enough airtime!

kelloggOUballa
4/14/2007, 06:00 PM
"Cowboy Legends"

Now thats an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 06:02 PM
White team will be called the visitors. Reid's already guaranteed victory for the Orange team. I still can't believe Gundy's letting the QB's take shots. :fingerscrossed:

I'll be taking a few shots, myself, tonight in Drunkytown. :D

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I appologize. I've kind of gotten fed up with a lot of the fans on this board so I have a tendancy to snap at people.

The door is that-a-way. ;)

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 06:04 PM
If you had an OU education you wouldnt have to work at McDonald's... :D

FIFY ;)

Flagstaffsooner
4/14/2007, 06:10 PM
The door is that-a-way. ;)SPEK!

goingoneight
4/14/2007, 06:35 PM
SPEK!
:les: GUESS WHO'S FINALLY BACK IN THA GREEN???

:D

sitzpinkler
4/14/2007, 07:52 PM

What did you expect? This isn't orangepower. A lot of us don't like your school and it's sad, sad fanbase. We don't come here to talk nice about you guys.

usmc-sooner
4/14/2007, 07:53 PM
actually since they didn't sell tickets they can report 40,000 :D

Piware
4/14/2007, 09:05 PM

Poor poke. This is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer - it feels so good when you stop. Perhaps you should toddle off to the poke board and quit setting yourself up to be the butt of all jokes Aggie Lite.

By the way, KTUL said you all had 10 to 15,000 there at the half. Guess
that 30K thing didn't work out.

Have a nice life - just don't have it here.

Collier11
4/14/2007, 09:15 PM
:les: GUESS WHO'S FINALLY BACK IN THA GREEN???

:D

Guess I better neg ya then! ;)

MichiganSooner
4/14/2007, 09:56 PM
Hey Poke4Christ, you can stay on here. Just funnin with you, osuaggie, and your fans. I know a bunch of kids who go there; wish they all went to OU cause they are good kids.

Seamus
4/15/2007, 01:33 AM
Good kids who happen to like ovine sex. :cool:

Cam
4/15/2007, 09:56 AM
Name of the board is SoonerFans, not pokeusbabyonemoretimefans. If you're going to come over here, you're going to have to have thick skin, period. It's you're choice man. Suck it up, or stay away for a while. There's a reason I don't sign-up at other schools sites, cause I don't fuggin care what they think about OU or me. Makes it pretty easy.

OU4LIFE
4/15/2007, 10:11 AM
I'm looking outside right now in stillwater. Looks fin to me. Gametime forecast is sunny and 52 degrees (high of 55). That ain't bad and I don't think anybody will be scared off. I'm not necessarily saying we'll get 30k, but I want to see some people eating crow when we are over 20k. My actual prediction for today is 25k.

ya know, this is just too sad to even bust you on.

Newbomb Turk
4/15/2007, 10:47 AM
ya know, this is just too sad to even bust you on.

:les: NO CROW FOR YOU!!

poke4christ
4/15/2007, 11:08 AM
Over the mouth through the gums, look out stomach here it comes.

http://www.thestaigers.com/deanosalsa.jpg

poke4christ
4/15/2007, 11:12 AM
I also have to say, I don't consider 18k sad by any means (that's about what we had a the beginning of play). However, that doesn't make me any more right.

usmc-sooner
4/15/2007, 11:52 AM
tv and radio said you had between 10-15000, and since there was no ticket sales, I'm guessing closer to 10,000.

usmc-sooner
4/15/2007, 11:54 AM
I also have to say, I don't consider 18k sad by any means (that's about what we had a the beginning of play). However, that doesn't make me any more right.

shouldn't you be in church?

poke4christ
4/15/2007, 12:38 PM
tv and radio said you had between 10-15000, and since there was no ticket sales, I'm guessing closer to 10,000.

each side holds around 22k and each side was around 35 to 40 percent full. Pluss, you have to take into account the club level which you can count at 1200. so that's at least 16.4k right there (which I think is low).

Also, it was a full game without between the same team so it wasn't as exciting as a normal game. People trickled out. You might have heard a number they were saying from later on. I'm talking about at the beginning.

usmc-sooner
4/15/2007, 12:55 PM
Crowd decent but not 30,000

The OSU spring game is downright entertaining. Bobby Reid's Orange team is tied with Zac Robinson's White team 20-20. The play is solid, the competition good. Even a decent atmosphere.

The crowd is estimated at 15,000 -- I might say it's closer to 12,000, but no big deal -- and while that's far shy of Mike Gundy's stated goal of 30,000, it's not bad for a cool evening after a cold day.

Fun football. The split squad format is far preferable to a scrimmage. You can sort of get a feel for a team in real-game situations. Third-and-short. Goal line. Field position.

The OSU running game looks solid. Dantrell Savage and Keith Toston have both impressed, but even Julius Crosslin and John Johnson have looked good. Through three quarters, Savage had 72 yards on 8 carries, Toston 66 on 12, Crosslin 54 on 9 and Johnson 50 on 9. So that's 242 yards on 38 carries from State tailbacks.

And each team is trying to outlateral the other. The White got a touchdown on a double pass; Zac Robinson threw a (supposedly) sideways pass to Seth Newton, who then fired a 65-yard TD pass to Artrell Woods. The play should have been disallowed, since Robinson's initial pass went forward.

Moments later, the Orange retaliated by getting a throwback pass from slotback Donovan Woods (yes, Donovan Woods) to quarterback Alex Cate, which went for a big gain.
All great fun, which made for a good spring game.

--Berry Tramel

Seamus
4/15/2007, 12:56 PM
Also, it was a full game without between the same team so it wasn't as exciting as a normal game. People trickled out. You might have heard a number they were saying from later on. I'm talking about at the beginning.

http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj/leonj/leonpsy16/spin-arrows.gif

picasso
4/15/2007, 03:45 PM
each side holds around 22k and each side was around 35 to 40 percent full. Pluss, you have to take into account the club level which you can count at 1200. so that's at least 16.4k right there (which I think is low).

I saw some clips. there wasn't any more there than the previous sad years of your program.
the fact that Hundsucker and Dorito and Holcombe weren't whizzing themselves about the crowd says a lot, because those guys can spin a yarn about absolutely nothing at all.

picasso
4/15/2007, 03:48 PM
Over the mouth through the gums, look out stomach here it comes.

http://www.thestaigers.com/deanosalsa.jpg
goofy as Dean is he knows big time football. he was a part of it and it ain't in Stillwater.

Collier11
4/15/2007, 04:26 PM
goofy as Dean is he knows big time football. he was a part of it and it ain't in Stillwater.

It would just be nice if he could put it into a complete sentence just once!

picasso
4/15/2007, 04:30 PM
It would just be nice if he could put it into a complete sentence just once!
God bless him but I think he just gets distracted too easily. mirrors, women, people in general...:D ;)

OU4LIFE
4/16/2007, 07:26 AM
I belee ders some pokes dat owes me some money.

tooooo eaaasyyyy.

picasso
4/16/2007, 08:58 AM
John Holcombe said last night if the weather was better there would have been 20,000 in attendance.
I say, had they not sucked for 25 years and they truly were as they say the best fans in the state, they would have had 21,000.

OU4LIFE
4/16/2007, 09:04 AM
ok, seriously, the weather was a DAMN SIGHT better than it was for OUr spring game.

effing tards.

usmc-sooner
4/16/2007, 09:35 AM
John Holcombe said last night if the weather was better there would have been 20,000 in attendance.
I say, had they not sucked for 25 years and they truly were as they say the best fans in the state, they would have had 21,000.

and if they didn't keep score during games OSU would be undefeated.

Serious question do other state's second fiddle schools do and say stuff this asinine and stupid and repeatedly make their selves look stupid like the aggies do?

Collier11
4/16/2007, 10:13 AM
I dont think too many states have one school that is so dominant over the other! Except for maybe Michigan

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/16/2007, 10:29 AM
Is there a Hawaii aTm?

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 10:35 AM
There isn't another state with more than one major football program in America that a school dominates as much as Oklahoma. It's a completely unique situation that has been the standard since the early 20th century. Having said that, OSU has definitely played into the situation by not committing any resources to football (party b/c we didn't have much cash, partly b/c of a "what's the point?" attitude).

With the monetary commitment to athletic facilities currently taking place, that is obviously changing a bit. I don't think it’s realistic to believe anything drastic is going to happen as far as the dichotomy of the situation between each school is concerned, but I do think OSU will be much, much more competitive both within the state and otherwise.

picasso
4/16/2007, 10:48 AM
well things have already changed due to parity from scholly limits. that's been a bigger help than Booger's money.

OU-HSV
4/16/2007, 10:55 AM
There isn't another state with more than one major football program in America that a school dominates as much as Oklahoma. It's a completely unique situation that has been the standard since the early 20th century. Having said that, OSU has definitely played into the situation by not committing any resources to football (party b/c we didn't have much cash, partly b/c of a "what's the point?" attitude).

With the monetary commitment to athletic facilities currently taking place, that is obviously changing a bit. I don't think it’s realistic to believe anything drastic is going to happen as far as the dichotomy of the situation between each school is concerned, but I do think OSU will be much, much more competitive both within the state and otherwise.
Atta boy OSUAggie! An honest/realistic approach to a post.
I passed you some Green spek for this one, I figure I owed ya by now anyways

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 10:56 AM
well things have already changed due to parity from scholly limits. that's been a bigger help than Booger's money.

eh, I disagree. When you have a ****ty product, you're not gonna fill those schollies with anything worth a damn. Elite teams, compared to those that are not, still pretty much cherry pick prospects.

And as much as people talk about parity, who's the last school to win a national title that was a non-football school? It's still a contest between the SEC, OU, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, SC and a couple of ACC teams every year. Nebraska, Bama and Pennsylvania State are the only 3 elite schools that are "down" right now, and all they've done is fall back into the pack where 40 other teams play.

Collier11
4/16/2007, 12:06 PM
True, I think OU will always be the most important, most dominant program in the state for many reasons. But I think we are long gone from the 77-17 days. Its def. gonna get alot closer, 75-18!

OU4LIFE
4/16/2007, 12:16 PM
OSU will get better, but I honestly don't care how much of Boone's money they throw at that program, it never going to sustain year after year of winning. It just won't. They will have years when they get Barry Sanders type of players, and they will make a nice run, and get 10-11 wins, but it won't be like at Mich. OU or Ohio State where they just plug in more athletes and keep going.

I think if they show up every 7-8 years with a 10-11 win team, that's all they can really expect.

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 12:27 PM
OSU will get better, but I honestly don't care how much of Boone's money they throw at that program, it never going to sustain year after year of winning. It just won't. They will have years when they get Barry Sanders type of players, and they will make a nice run, and get 10-11 wins, but it won't be like at Mich. OU or Ohio State where they just plug in more athletes and keep going.

I think if they show up every 7-8 years with a 10-11 win team, that's all they can really expect.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, at all.

However, I feel like it brings up a question. Is there room for any program to climb into the national picture? I think the last few to do so were the Florida schools...

Is it at all possible for OSU to attain the level of success that, say, Auburn has had the past 10-15 years?

OU4LIFE
4/16/2007, 12:36 PM
I think it would be INCREDIBLY hard for a team in the midwest to do it.

The reason I think you see it happen in Florida is the amount of talent in that state, and they want to stay close to home. SO when the big boys are full up on scholly's they rest of the talent falls to the other guys.

Oklahoma just doesn't have the kind of football talent to support three or so schools.

BUT, if Gumby turns out to be the real deal as a coach and recruiter, I could see OSU making a 10 years run of winning seasons...IF he can get the talent in.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 12:55 PM
I predict that mid-level BCS programs such as osu are going to find it nearly impossible to become a sustained national power. Schools like osu, Oregon State, Michigan State, et al have the potential to have a good string of years if all the stars align and the team avoids injury, has a favorable schedule and gets some lucky breaks. I don't think we'll see one of these mid-level schools explode on the scene like we saw with SUC and become perenially elite.

I believe that the next set of schools that will explode on to the national scene will do so from major metropolitan areas. Schools like UCLA, UW, Georgia Tech, Arizona State and the like are the schools that have the best shot at becoming perenially elite. Just my belief that the lure of for lack of a better phrase, "stuff to do" will become a much stronger draw than it already is.

Collier11
4/16/2007, 01:07 PM
Just look at the past three years of good recruits that Gundy has gotten and it has only gotten them 4th in the south.

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 01:09 PM
That's interesting about the schools that have a shot of attaining a higher status being from major metro areas. UCLA and UW are a couple of schools that fall into my list of complete underachievers. Karl seems to have the ship righted a bit in Westwood, however.

I think the highest level OSU can realistically expect to reach would be that of Virginia Tech. Similar situation with the "country" atmosphere in Blacksburg compared to Stillwater. The only difference is that UVA is **** while OU is a top-5 program.

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 01:11 PM
Just look at the past three years of good recruits that Gundy has gotten and it has only gotten them 4th in the south.

eh... he just finished his 2nd consecutive top-25 class. That class has yet to reach campus. I think he still gets time with this one.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2007, 01:13 PM
That's interesting about the schools that have a shot of attaining a higher status being from major metro areas. UCLA and UW are a couple of schools that fall into my list of complete underachievers. Karl seems to have the ship righted a bit in Westwood, however.

I think the highest level OSU can realistically expect to reach would be that of Virginia Tech. Similar situation with the "country" atmosphere in Blacksburg compared to Stillwater. The only difference is that UVA is **** while OU is a top-5 program.

I really think UW is a sleeping giant. There isn't another school in that part of the country that has the recruiting base to pull from and pump it directly into a major university that's located in a city that size. If football ever became a priority at UW, they could finish in the top 2 or 3 of the Pac-10 from here on out.

UCLA is rising and with as many people as you have in the LA basin, there's more than enough to share in terms of a recruiting base between them and SUC.

Collier11
4/16/2007, 01:39 PM
There is really no reason that Washington, UCLA, MISSOURI, and MIAMI ARE not in the top 20 every year!

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 01:50 PM
Mizzou?

Collier11
4/16/2007, 02:19 PM
Yea mizzou, think about it. They are the only major university in the state, they have free reign over St. Louis, Jeff City, Kansas City, plus they can dip into Illinois, Okla, and tex. There is really no reason that they shouldnt be a top 20-25 team every year in football and bball IMHO!

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 02:27 PM
hmm... ok.

Of course, Mizzou always had to play with Nebraska and Oklahoma, so they were sorta in the same boat as Colorado, KU and OSU with sporadic periods of sucess (with hopes of a 3rd place finish) followed by mediocre periods.

Collier11
4/16/2007, 02:43 PM
hmm... ok.

Of course, Mizzou always had to play with Nebraska and Oklahoma, so they were sorta in the same boat as Colorado, KU and OSU with sporadic periods of sucess (with hopes of a 3rd place finish) followed by mediocre periods.

They have always underachieved except for a few years here and there. there is just too much talent in KC AND St Louey for them to not atleast be a top 25 team year in and out, especially in bball!

snp
4/16/2007, 02:44 PM
The state of Missouri is not a great source of talent. Pretty much equal to Oklahoma, a few 4-stars the rest are taken by mid-level BCS teams and mid-majors . They won't be able to cherry pick any of the talent that is in the states you say, because there are much better options. And it's not like they're heavily invested in football in the first place.

Basketball I can see them being challengers for second place in the North, but not football.

OSUAggie
4/16/2007, 02:44 PM
They have always underachieved except for a few years here and there. there is just too much talent in KC AND St Louey for them to not atleast be a top 25 team year in and out, especially in bball!

Why are you yelling?

Collier11
4/16/2007, 03:20 PM
LOUD NOISES!! ;)

Mixer!
4/16/2007, 04:26 PM
Serious question: do other state's second fiddle schools do and say stuff this asinine and stupid and repeatedly make their selves look stupid like the aggies do?

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884/F82325.jpg

mdklatt
4/16/2007, 05:34 PM
Yea mizzou, think about it. They are the only major university in the state, they have free reign over St. Louis, Jeff City, Kansas City...

:confused:

Which one of these three is not like the others...
Which one of these three does not belong...

Collier11
4/16/2007, 06:24 PM
Jeff City may not be KC or STL, but dont be fooled. They have had powerhouse football programs at JCH for years as far as mizzou fball goes.

Piware
4/24/2007, 11:03 PM
I really think UW is a sleeping giant. There isn't another school in that part of the country that has the recruiting base to pull from and pump it directly into a major university that's located in a city that size. If football ever became a priority at UW, they could finish in the top 2 or 3 of the Pac-10 from here on out.

UCLA is rising and with as many people as you have in the LA basin, there's more than enough to share in terms of a recruiting base between them and SUC.

I'm surprised when UW doesn't do better. Their fans are pretty loyal - and besides, you can tailgate on a yacht and still have plenty of time to get to the game. Pretty Cool!

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 12:33 AM
I always liked UW when they were doing good. Especially when they were whooping USC. :D

MichiganSooner
4/26/2007, 03:06 PM
I dont think too many states have one school that is so dominant over the other! Except for maybe Michigan

Actually, Michigan State has won national championships in football. And for that matter, in basketball. Oklahoma is the only state I can think of where one college dominates the rest. Ohio with the Buckeyes does dominate that state and there are lots of D1 schools in Ohio.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 03:19 PM
Actually, Michigan State has won national championships in football. And for that matter, in basketball. Oklahoma is the only state I can think of where one college dominates the rest. Ohio with the Buckeyes does dominate that state and there are lots of D1 schools in Ohio.

So that would be 2 states that you could think of.

MichiganSooner
4/27/2007, 07:53 AM
So that would be 2 states that you could think of.
No, its not 2 states.

Ohio is the only one I can think of that might be close. Toledo, Bowling Green, and Miami are 3 Ohio universities who have been regularly sent to bowls, have been more than respectable playing the majors in their non-conference games, and have been ranked. Oklahoma State has been to a few bowls in recent years, beats its non-conference opponents generally but they are usually cupcakes and when they play those considered majors,
ie. conference play, they finish toward the bottom, and have rarely been ranked in the past 10 years. So Oklahoma is the #1 state.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 07:59 AM
No, its not 2 states.

Ohio is the only one I can think of that might be close. Toledo, Bowling Green, and Miami are 3 Ohio universities who have been regularly sent to bowls, have been more than respectable playing the majors in their non-conference games, and have been ranked. Oklahoma State has been to a few bowls in recent years, beats its non-conference opponents generally but they are usually cupcakes and when they play those considered majors,
ie. conference play, they finish toward the bottom, and have rarely been ranked in the past 10 years. So Oklahoma is the #1 state.
My mistake! I understand what you are saying!