PDA

View Full Version : Lars remembers to turn on his snare for new album!

TheUnnamedSooner
4/5/2007, 10:41 AM
From metallica.com:

Metallica left the comfort of HQ this week to descend upon the greater Los Angeles area to begin recording their 9th original album. This is the first time they've recorded outside of the Bay Area since they spent an eternity at One-On-One Studios recording The Black Album in '90 and '91. The last couple days have been devoted to each band member working out the right sounds, including Lars who remembered to turn on the snare and Kirk who played a solo! The big, shiny red button was finally pushed today - and the wait begins

heh

tbl
4/5/2007, 10:43 AM
What is that referencing? Has his snare sounded bad on recent albums? I haven't heard anything from them since the Black album since everything they've done since then SUCKED (though I still say they peaked with Justice).

TheUnnamedSooner
4/5/2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, in the last album it sounded like he was hitting an oil barrell and there were no guitar solos.

Boarder
4/5/2007, 11:09 AM
What is that referencing? Has his snare sounded bad on recent albums? I haven't heard anything from them since the Black album since everything they've done since then SUCKED (though I still say they peaked with Justice).
Well, if you haven't heard it, how do you know it sucks? The last cd may have been awesome!

tbl
4/5/2007, 11:29 AM
Well, if you haven't heard it, how do you know it sucks? The last cd may have been awesome!
Well, I did hear a couple of songs and watched that documentary on the group therapy sessions... and all of what I heard pretty much blew.

I did notice the metal sound on the snare on "St. Anger". I thought that may be what they meant, since it sounded so awful.

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 11:41 AM

It always kills me when people say Metallica has sucked since the Black album, when everyone knows they've sucked since Puppets.

tbl
4/5/2007, 01:52 PM
It always kills me when people say Metallica has sucked since the Black album, when everyone knows they've sucked since Puppets.
Master was great, but Justice is pretty loaded with some badness.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/5/2007, 05:24 PM
Master was great, but Justice is pretty loaded with some badness.

True, but I'm going to have to go with Mike, MOP is loaded with badness from beginning to end. A few interviews said they were going to try and recapture their attitude from back then, don't know how that is going to work out, we'll see.

Dio
4/5/2007, 05:25 PM
Still needs more cowbell, though.

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 05:31 PM
True, but I'm going to have to go with Mike, MOP is loaded with badness from beginning to end. A few interviews said they were going to try and recapture their attitude from back then, don't know how that is going to work out, we'll see.

Well, they're going to need a young priest and an old priest.

starclassic tama
4/5/2007, 05:35 PM
he is without a doubt the worse drummer in a band that popular that i have ever heard. his drums always sound horrible, his timing sucks, and he's not creative.

WILBURJIM
4/5/2007, 05:37 PM
Why did Mettalica even hire another bass player after Cliff Burton died? ..and Justice For All, was so one dimensional, with virtually no bass. It was an awesome recording but why have a guy and not use him?

TheUnnamedSooner
4/5/2007, 05:41 PM
Why did Mettalica even hire another bass player after Cliff Burton died? ..and Justice For All, was so one dimensional, with virtually no bass. It was an awesome recording but why have a guy and not use him?

I don't think Jason was very creative on bass. James did most of the writing, which is why there wasn't much presence of bass after cliff. It will be interesting to see if Rob brings anything to the table in regards to writing and making it more relevant.

tbl
4/5/2007, 05:44 PM
I doubt it. Lars and Hetfield keep a tight reign on the songwriting, mostly Hetfield.

Scott D
4/5/2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think Jason was very creative on bass. James did most of the writing, which is why there wasn't much presence of bass after cliff. It will be interesting to see if Rob brings anything to the table in regards to writing and making it more relevant.

more like Jason wasn't allowed to be very creative....part of the reason he had no problems leaving to do his thing.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/6/2007, 09:07 AM
more like Jason wasn't allowed to be very creative....part of the reason he had no problems leaving to do his thing.

Have you heard some of his stuff since he left? I wouldn't have allowed him to be creative either.

Fraggle145
4/6/2007, 09:26 AM

Less getting in touch with emotions and more beer!

http://beer.thetazzone.com/images/drinkBeer9.jpg

Taxman71
4/6/2007, 12:17 PM
BRING BACK ALCOHOLICCA AND DITCH THE GROUP THERAPY! Not that is rock and roll.

Scott D
4/6/2007, 01:22 PM
Have you heard some of his stuff since he left? I wouldn't have allowed him to be creative either.

that's ok, I think one of the stiflers (ie the one the thread is about) has the creativity of a pet rock ;)