PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray

starrca23
4/4/2007, 10:53 PM
I just finished watching the videos from practice today. I can't wait to see D. Murray in game action. Dude is good. I know this is an obvious statement, just sayin...

LosAngelesSooner
4/4/2007, 11:03 PM
Oh, crap! I didn't know those were up. I've gotta watch them before I head for the home!

Late!

PAW
4/4/2007, 11:29 PM
Oh, crap! I didn't know those were up. I've gotta watch them before I head for the home!

Late!

Speaking of videos :(

Edit. or do I have you confused with someone else?

LosAngelesSooner
4/5/2007, 12:03 AM
Dude...Demarco looks FAST.

Oh, and I don't know, but Halzle looks like he's getting a ton better, although I still have my hat in Bradford's corner.

All_Day_28
4/5/2007, 12:45 AM
I predict that Murray sees the field the most out of all the RB.

Zing
4/5/2007, 02:02 AM
I just finished watching the videos from practice today. I can't wait to see D. Murray in game action. Dude is good. I know this is an obvious statement, just sayin...

Link?

mxATVracer10
4/5/2007, 07:33 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=848225 Link to the main spring football page ;)

spatton713
4/5/2007, 08:14 AM
Demarco will be a stud him and patrick will get the most reps but he will have many long runs for touchdowns this season and will be the starter next year

All_Day_28
4/5/2007, 10:08 AM
Demarco will be a stud him and patrick will get the most reps but he will have many long runs for touchdowns this season and will be the starter next year
plus they can use him at the slot when Patrick is in the game.. similiar to how USC used reggie bush.

Widescreen
4/5/2007, 11:31 AM
Murray looks awesome but let's not forget about Brown. He had some really nice runs last year. We are loaded at RB.

starrca23
4/5/2007, 11:39 AM
We need a jv team. We could win the D-2 title and the D-1 title in the same year. That would be impressive.

OU-HSV
4/5/2007, 11:56 AM
DM does look scary. And as others have said, we are freaking stacked at RB this year. I can't wait!

soonerboy_odanorth
4/5/2007, 12:03 PM
We'll see if the practice field promise turns out to be the real deal on Saturdays.

But if it is... we are as loaded at RB as we've been in 20 years.

We're certainly as deep as we've ever been in the Stoops era.

yermom
4/5/2007, 12:11 PM
Speaking of videos :(

Edit. or do I have you confused with someone else?

you are thinking of LASooner

LosAngelesSooner is just a lame poser

;)

MojoRisen
4/5/2007, 12:34 PM
With 5 backs - 3 extremely good- we should be able to have an extremely versitile running game. No one should ever get tired and go 110% on every play- if you are crushing it - we will give you the ball more! :)

goingoneight
4/5/2007, 10:21 PM
We need a jv team. We could win the D-2 title and the D-1 title in the same year. That would be impressive.

Isn't that what Oklahoma State is? I hear that's why they moved OUr exhibition game to Thanksgiving, so we could all be home for the holiday. :D

goingoneight
4/5/2007, 10:29 PM
With 5 backs - 3 extremely good- we should be able to have an extremely versitile running game. No one should ever get tired and go 110% on every play- if you are crushing it - we will give you the ball more! :)

That hopefully will open up the playbook more, too to utilize their strengths. What good is running four different backs in the same damn formation and play every time, yaaaaa mean?

1. Allen (AP) Patrick is a power guy, and should be used primarily in the power-I. Sort of like we used AD and like USC used LenDale White.

2. Chris Brown had a really good option run against Baylor, if that means anything other than he practices well. :O He's not as hefty, if you will, as AP is and seems to be a little more mobile instead of just pounding the D-line.

3. DeMarco Murray; many two-word phrases describe this dude... in practice. Phrases that come to mind are slot-receiver, toss-sweep, option-back... but he's the little guy as far as everyone else is concerned on the depth chart, so blocking back is probably not something you would imagine him in on.

Not to go all pig sooie and all, but damn... I wish we ran that two-back I like they did more often. OUr Patrick/Peterson 1-2 punch in the Fiesta Bowl was not only unpredictable, it was fun to watch. AD ran a full circle in the fake-end-around, and still turned on just enough jets to make a downfield block for AP, that run was awesome. :)

insuranceman_22
4/5/2007, 11:03 PM
Murray has a chance to be special.....fingers crossed!

MojoRisen
4/6/2007, 08:55 AM
Brown: Elusive and powerfull gets behind his pads.
Patrick - fast well coached and gets north and south- watch out if he decides to get out of the box.

Murray- getting bigger- strong fast elusive shifty and coachable.

The other guys similar-

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/6/2007, 09:16 AM
I don't we should forget about Madu. He is just as shifty as Murray but not quite as fast.

However, OU needs to get at least two back on the field at the same time nearly every play to keep the defense honest.

starrca23
4/6/2007, 09:16 AM
I'm with you, eight. Anything we can do to get our best athletes on the field and in position to make plays I am for. We have to get D. Murray on the field.

spatton713
4/6/2007, 03:42 PM
your right we need demarco on the field as much as possible....whether its at rb or in the slot next to kelly:)

the dude
4/6/2007, 03:48 PM
How is Madu doing? I don't remember even hearing his name being mentioned, but he was a pretty good get, right?
17 Madu, Mossis RB 5-11 190 RFr. Norman, Okla. (Norman HS)

SoonerRoads
4/6/2007, 09:51 PM
Dude...Demarco looks FAST.

Oh, and I don't know, but Halzle looks like he's getting a ton better, although I still have my hat in Bradford's corner.

Murray IS FAST! But I don't think he will ever be used directly out of the backfield, at least for another year. It is Bradford's job to lose.

Just my take.

soonerhubs
4/6/2007, 11:33 PM
Murray IS FAST! But I don't think he will ever be used directly out of the backfield, at least for another year. It is Bradford's job to lose.

Just my take.
NM BOOMER SOONER!

OU-HSV
4/7/2007, 09:44 AM
How is Madu doing? I don't remember even hearing his name being mentioned, but he was a pretty good get, right?
I'm thinking he sat out for the early spring practices, maybe a minor injury (or am I wrong about this?) Anyways, I think I saw him in some of last week's videos and he looked good. We seem to be throwing a lot to the RBs in all the practice vids I've seen, which will be very effective w/the talented backs we have.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Madu and DM catching out of the slot and making plays after the catch. I think we're going to have so much talent on the field at once, defenses will struggle big time. I mean I'm picturing DM running some reverses and stuff like that. I still can't wait!

stoopified
4/7/2007, 11:45 AM
We'll see if the practice field promise turns out to be the real deal on Saturdays.

But if it is... we are as loaded at RB as we've been in 20 years.

We're certainly as deep as we've ever been in the Stoops era.
The big difference here I hope is that we WILL use all the RBS unlike with AD where he got 90 % of the snaps when healthy.Alternating ith the talent we have at rb will keep everyone freash and ready to fly on every play.

PAW
4/7/2007, 03:04 PM
Wow!

AP may not be the starter by the end of the year.

SoonerLB
4/7/2007, 03:10 PM
He looked mighty good today! I can't wait for the season to get here, this is gonna be good!

MojoRisen
4/7/2007, 03:20 PM
Demarco needs to play his share and be on the field every play.

OUTrumpet
4/7/2007, 04:05 PM

They were saying on the Sports Animal after the R/W game that Madu was out with a minor sprained ankle.

MichiganSooner
4/7/2007, 04:08 PM
Looks like the real deal

starrca23
4/7/2007, 04:26 PM
where do I get my No. 7 jersey?

CatfishSooner
4/7/2007, 04:37 PM
Murray is legit...

yermom
4/7/2007, 05:01 PM
DeMarco looks great

Madu has a high ankle sprain, i believe

PAW
4/7/2007, 06:33 PM
"That's Buhmarnko Murray . . . " Bob Barry :D

mikeelikee
4/7/2007, 06:59 PM
Murray reportedly had 103 yards on 4 carries. Nice average! :D

Widescreen
4/7/2007, 07:07 PM
No kidding. That kind of reminds me of Keith Jackson in the 1985 nebraska game. He carried twice for like 150 yards (2 reverses). He told Switzer after the game that he should get the Heisman with that kind of average.

goingoneight
4/7/2007, 07:23 PM
where do I get my No. 7 jersey?

Where do I get my ringtones? :D

goingoneight
4/7/2007, 07:24 PM
"That's Buhmarnko Murray . . . " Bob Barry :D

"... catching the incomplete first down pass from Joey Bradfornicholson... TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!!!" :D

OU-HSV
4/8/2007, 05:40 PM
This is the first time for me to be on here since the spring game yesterday.
Ummmm......it's official, DM is a stud.

goingoneight
4/8/2007, 05:47 PM
I had no idea how powerful he was for a 205 guy. He attacked the Dl just like AD did. I think if this guy gets any kind of hole up front, he's gonna gut opposing LB's and secondaries this season. Can't wait to see him on the passing game. Am I wrong for saying he looks identical to Mark Clayton when he runs the ball?

Widescreen
4/8/2007, 06:05 PM
Am I wrong for saying he looks identical to Mark Clayton when he runs the ball?
Yeah, I thought the exact same thing.

starrca23
4/8/2007, 08:48 PM
Okay, I thought he ran like (knock on wood) Billy Sims.

NorthernIowaSooner
4/8/2007, 08:57 PM
i think murray should be the starter if not at the beginning of the year by the end. hes a great side to side make you miss guy which is a great complement to patrick and browns downhill ability. i watched the whole spring game but was doing homework during it so i may have missed it but did madu play at all or was he injured or what. i dont remember his name being called or them talking about him being out.

All_Day_28
4/8/2007, 09:25 PM
I don't recall seeing madu either...

goingoneight
4/8/2007, 11:46 PM
Okay, I thought he ran like (knock on wood) Billy Sims.
That's true, but I haven't seen him jump or dive yet :D. AIR BILLY!!!

Spanish Sooner
4/9/2007, 12:05 AM
i think murray should be the starter if not at the beginning of the year by the end. hes a great side to side make you miss guy which is a great complement to patrick and browns downhill ability. i watched the whole spring game but was doing homework during it so i may have missed it but did madu play at all or was he injured or what. i dont remember his name being called or them talking about him being out.

They mentioned briefly on the broadcast that he was one of the players sitting out of the game

NorthernIowaSooner
4/9/2007, 12:18 AM
They mentioned briefly on the broadcast that he was one of the players sitting out of the game

thanks, mustve missed that. saw the list of players missing it and they talked about mccoy missing it but mustve missed the madu part. what was wrong with him?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/9/2007, 12:47 AM
where do I get my No. 7 jersey?So is DM a Ted Ginn, but with better moves?

Shneeg11
4/9/2007, 04:38 AM
Although DM is FAST, I do not think he has the straight away speed that Ted Ginn possesses, but he will most likely turn out to be a better football player. Ted Ginn IMO is more of a track star than a football player, he dropped way to many passes to be a great wide receiver, but Murray has the chance to become a great running back. and if that doesn't work out for him (it will) then he can go play point guard anywhere he wants. It's a shame people didn't jump on the 7 jersey while people were burning it, its gonna be expensive again...

OU-HSV
4/9/2007, 07:21 AM
thanks, mustve missed that. saw the list of players missing it and they talked about mccoy missing it but mustve missed the madu part. what was wrong with him?
I think others have said high ankle sprain

starrca23
4/9/2007, 09:16 AM
I am looking for one of those no. 7 jerseys.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/9/2007, 07:14 PM
DeMarco...

Wow, just wow.

The wife and I could not believe he was so fluid running. This guy will be awesome. Perhaps he will have the career AD was supposed to have. I don't think people will be gunning for him, or we will be changing the O for one guy, but man does he look good running the ball.

Widescreen
4/9/2007, 08:38 PM
Once nice thing is that this fall we won't be trying to win him the Heisman so our offense has a chance to be somewhat versatile.

soonerdave79
4/9/2007, 09:12 PM
i watched the whole spring game but was doing homework during it so i may have missed it but did madu play at all or was he injured or what.

Homework? Dude, you need to get your priorities straight. The spring game needs your full attention ;)

goingoneight
4/9/2007, 09:45 PM
Although DM is FAST, I do not think he has the straight away speed that Ted Ginn possesses, but he will most likely turn out to be a better football player. Ted Ginn IMO is more of a track star than a football player, he dropped way to many passes to be a great wide receiver, but Murray has the chance to become a great running back. and if that doesn't work out for him (it will) then he can go play point guard anywhere he wants. It's a shame people didn't jump on the 7 jersey while people were burning it, its gonna be expensive again...

I'm sure the **** washes out easily. :D

Shneeg11
4/10/2007, 02:50 AM
goingoneight...you are correct. With that being said, Everyone have their 14 jersey?

Desert Sapper
4/10/2007, 01:56 PM
This is the most embarrassing wealth of talent we've had at the RB position since the Barry Switzer era. I'm happy to say that whomever the winner of the QB lottery is shouldn't have to win any games by himself. He has one of the best receiver groups in the nation, one of (if not the) best OLs in the country, and the best quality and depth of any running back corps in the country. If the QB can complete a few passes a game, the run game should obliterate everybody we play. Damn it feels good to be a Sooner!

MojoRisen
4/10/2007, 02:03 PM
What if we could even stretch the feild a little???? I would smell 52-9 type scores on a regular basis.

msteudem
4/10/2007, 02:16 PM
I am looking for one of those no. 7 jerseys.

My son got a #7 jersey that was really nice clearanced out at Kohl's last year for $4. He told me at the time that since DM wore #7 so it was going to become popular. That is one smart 12 yr old.

OU-HSV
4/10/2007, 04:00 PM
My son got a #7 jersey that was really nice clearanced out at Kohl's last year for $4. He told me at the time that since DM wore #7 so it was going to become popular. That is one smart 12 yr old.
Smart kid you've got there.

swardboy
4/10/2007, 07:10 PM
This is the most embarrassing wealth of talent we've had at the RB position since the Barry Switzer era. I'm happy to say that whomever the winner of the QB lottery is shouldn't have to win any games by himself. He has one of the best receiver groups in the nation, one of (if not the) best OLs in the country, and the best quality and depth of any running back corps in the country. If the QB can complete a few passes a game, the run game should obliterate everybody we play. Damn it feels good to be a Sooner!

I am praying that we discover great playcalling that makes the most of what we've got. I realize a spring scrimmage is no indicator of what's to come, but post-JW hasn't been real encouraging.

SoonerRoads
4/10/2007, 09:29 PM

I cannot begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this season and how much I hope it is truly a "return to glory" for the Sooners. I know we get spoiled with success and the amazing coaching job that Stoops and Staff seem to pull out of their hats even when we are not as strong as we have been in the past. But I am so sick of seeing us get our butts kicked when we least expect it, that I want us to absolutely roll everyone we play, the entire doggone season, including in the bowl. I want to see us FINISH what we start. This just may be the start of that this year.

Just my take.