PDA

View Full Version : N.J. Drill Casts Christians as Terrorists

Paperclip
4/4/2007, 09:10 PM
by Jennifer Mesko, associate editor

School district regrets 'perceived insensitivities.'

Two angry Christians storm a school and gun down several students. That was the scene in Burlington, N.J., one day last month.

But don't worry — it was just a drill.

Two police detectives portrayed the gunmen. Investigators described them as members of a right-wing fundamentalist group called the "New Crusaders" who don't believe in separation of church and state, according to the Burlington County Times. The mock gunmen went to the school seeking justice because the daughter of one had been expelled for praying before class.

Chris Manno, superintendent of the Burlington Township School District, told the Burlington County Times: "We need to practice under conditions as real as possible in order to evaluate our procedures and plans so that they're as effective as possible."

But is the scenario realistic?

"This is an egregious violation and discrimination against Christians," said Len Deo, president of the New Jersey Family Policy Council. "Christians are not the ones that are terrorizing the world. For a school to even portray Christians in that mode, it's just an egregious example of the bias of the administrators in these schools."

Candi Cushman, education analyst for Focus on the Family Action, said the high school's mock drill was also a mockery of Christians.

"At the very least it was poor judgment, and at the worst, it was flagrant discrimination against socially conservative, Judeo-Christian citizens," she said. "It's ironic — and frightening — that even as high schools across the nation are holding 'diversity' and 'tolerance' programs that exalt homosexuality, they overlook such blatant discrimination against Christian students."

Messages left with the school district were not returned.

A statement on the district's Web site said: "Any perceived insensitivities to our religious community as a result of the emergency exercise are regrettable. It was certainly not the intent to portray any group in a negative manner."

Terry Trippany, editor of Webloggin.com and a political writer, had this to say on his blog: "If the police had portrayed the real-life scenario of gay terrorists or abortion rights activists upset for any contrived reason, you would read about it in every major paper across the United States. …"

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 09:39 PM
"If the police had portrayed the real-life scenario of gay terrorists or abortion rights activists upset for any contrived reason, you would read about it in every major paper across the United States. …"
Alas...I was completely with you right up to THIS POINT.

All a gay terrorist would do is fix everyone's hairstyles and maybe redecorate the classrooms. :rolleyes:

tommieharris91
4/4/2007, 09:54 PM
If they use any other percieved terriorist group i.e. Black Panthers, Taliban, they would be facing a LOT more scrutiny.

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 09:57 PM
If they use any other percieved terriorist group i.e. Black Panthers, Taliban, they would be facing a LOT more scrutiny.

I guess reality is never a good thing to use while training for real life situations. Maybe they should train for when the Cookie monster is looking for a cookie fix and starts killing.

tommieharris91
4/4/2007, 10:00 PM
They'd face a lot more scrutiny from the liberal media, because they love to back minorites these days.

Blue
4/4/2007, 10:05 PM
Unbelievable how fast this country is going to ****.

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 10:31 PM
Some people need to learn how to take a joke.

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2007, 10:33 PM
they need to pick the outcast kids....they arent hard to spot

the christian angle was a nice touch though:rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 10:33 PM
I think you're on to something Keith :rolleyes:

yermom
4/4/2007, 10:37 PM
I guess reality is never a good thing to use while training for real life situations. Maybe they should train for when the Cookie monster is looking for a cookie fix and starts killing.

yep. they should have chosen ninjas or pirates

Ash
4/4/2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, because there have never ever been any violent whackos who proclaim to be Christians or espouse Christian beliefs!!!

To me this isn't that unrealistic of a scenario, because while everyone's distracted with scrutinizing the Arab students or arab-looking students and bitching about the illegals all the other whackos get free reign, go unnoticed, plan, plot...

It's not the only scenario, but it's not that far from what could happen. There are bible-thumpin', gun and bomb totin', lily white, separatist groups right here in our own backyard. They get zero press coverage or scrutiny, but they're there.

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 10:46 PM
We had a white Christian fundamentalist out here walk into a Jewish day care center and open fire on the Jews about two or three years ago.

It happens.

Blue
Yeah, because there have never ever been any violent whackos who proclaim to be Christians or espouse Christian beliefs!!!

To me this isn't that unrealistic of a scenario, because while everyone's distracted with scrutinizing the Arab students or arab-looking students and bitching about the illegals all the other whackos get free reign, go unnoticed, plan, plot...

It's not the only scenario, but it's not that far from what could happen. There are bible-thumpin', gun and bomb totin', lily white, separatist groups right here in our own backyard. They get zero press coverage or scrutiny, but they're there.

You're full of ****. No offense.

mdklatt

Yep. Timothy McVeigh was sitting a jail cell while everbody was still looking for an Ay-rab.

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 10:48 PM
yep. they should have chosen ninjas or pirates

should've they'd be more likely attacked by ninjas or pirates.

Blue
4/4/2007, 10:49 PM
We had a white Christian fundamentalist out here walk into a Jewish day care center and open fire on the Jews about two or three years ago.

It happens.

What happened to crazy? I would lump that episode in the "crazy" category. Not the "Christian" category.

The school should be practicing for "crazy" and not labeling any group.

Blue
4/4/2007, 10:50 PM
Yep. Timothy McVeigh was sitting a jail cell while everbody was still looking for an Ay-rab.

But he was in a jail cell and they got it right.

mdklatt
4/4/2007, 10:51 PM
What happened to crazy? I would lump that episode in the "crazy" category. Not the "Christian" category.

The school should be practicing for "crazy" and not labeling any group.

Two police detectives portrayed the gunmen. Investigators described them as members of a right-wing fundamentalist group called the "New Crusaders" who don't believe in separation of church and state

It sounds like the protestors are the ones doing the labelling in this case.

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 10:52 PM
Liberals like to clump crazy nutz who went to church as Christians but by their very actions defy Christianity.

Then they thump their chests like they've proven something.

Blue
4/4/2007, 10:53 PM
It sounds like the protestors are the ones doing the labelling in this case.

BS. That couldn't be more clear in how Christians and Right wing fundamentalists are being lumped together these days.

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 10:56 PM
Anyone who walks into a day care and shoots little children is crazy, regardless of race, religion or nationality.

Blue
4/4/2007, 10:58 PM

It happens.

So why did you label him like this?

Ash
You're full of ****. No offense.

No offense taken, because if you don't believe that there are dangerous, separatist groups in the US composed of armed, white people that preach violence and claim to be Christians, you're simply uninformed.

usmc-sooner
why is it that liberals are on an all out war against Christians

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 11:01 PM
No offense taken, because if you don't believe that there are dangerous, separatist groups in the US composed of armed, white people that preach violence and claim to be Christians, you're simply uninformed.

because everyone knows that white Christians are the most dangerous group in the world.

I swear when I read dumb **** like this I'm disgusted with our school system.

Blue

All those groups do are sit around and drink Budweiser and fart on the campfire.
The one dude that did something (McVeigh) was a lunatic. I chalk that up to crazy.

Sam Spade
Liberals like to clump crazy nutz who went to church as Christians but by their very actions defy Christianity.

Then they thump their chests like they've proven something.
Conservatives do the same thing with "Islam" when those people certainly aren't following the tenents of Muhammed.

Ash
4/4/2007, 11:02 PM
BS. That couldn't be more clear in how Christians and Right wing fundamentalists are being lumped together these days.

Actually, you seem to be the one into labelling and making assumptions.

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 11:02 PM
why is it that liberals are on an all out war against Christians
They aren't.

Blue
4/4/2007, 11:03 PM
Actually, you seem to be the one into labelling and making assumptions.

How so?

Blue
4/4/2007, 11:04 PM
Conservatives do the same thing with "Islam" when those people certainly aren't following the tenents of Muhammed.

I chalk Sept 11th up to Crazy as well.

Ash
because everyone knows that white Christians are the most dangerous group in the world.

I swear when I read dumb **** like this I'm disgusted with our school system.

Yes, that's exactly what my post meant.

Talk about BS...

Sam Spade
So why did you label him like this?
Because that's what he was.

?

Blue
4/4/2007, 11:05 PM
Because that's what he was.

?

Who says?

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 11:07 PM
I chalk Sept 11th up to Crazy as well.
Abso-freakin-lutely

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 11:07 PM
Who says?
I dunno, the newspapers and courtrooms who interviewed him after he shot the kids?

They caught him. Oh, did I forget to mention that part? Maybe that's why you were confused. Sorry.

Sam Spade
4/4/2007, 11:09 PM
This is also a very true statement.

Blue
4/4/2007, 11:13 PM
the newspapers

Thank you. They're as much into labeling as their readers.

(Off subject) Liberals always want to claim tolerance when they are intolerant of anyone who draws a line. Well I'm tired of their ****. They're in for a rude awakening when Christians start fighting back.

I'm a Christian, I'm not Christ. So turning the other cheek won't work.

SoonerBBall
4/4/2007, 11:18 PM
Some people belonging to a non-protected majority need to learn how to take a joke.

Fixed.

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 11:18 PM
I know the Bible goes on and on about Jihad's

you guys(at least one of you LAS) are ****ed because the Bible denounces gay sex and you bitch about constantly.

Why don't you guys ever feel strongly enough in your beliefs to go talk this **** in a Muslim country?
I'm sure they'd respect your opinion and your right to post opposing views on their websites.

Ash
4/4/2007, 11:50 PM
My point is:

I don't give a **** what your persecution complex tells you. People in charge of security, whether it's local or national, should be aware of and take into consideration all potential threats.

Blue, if you're saying that nutjobs are nutjobs no matter what. Then we agree, they should be treated equally no matter what stripe.

Blue
4/4/2007, 11:52 PM
My point is:

I don't give a **** what your persecution complex tells you. People in charge of security, whether it's local or national, should be aware of and take into consideration all potential threats.

Blue, if you're saying that nutjobs are nutjobs no matter what. Then we agree, they should be treated equally no matter what stripe.

Fill me in. Last time I was in school we had Tornado drills. Not Crazy Christian drills.

usmc-sooner
4/4/2007, 11:57 PM
My point is:

go out in the real world, prepare yourself against Christians, now prepare yourself to get laughed off the face of the planet.

Ash
4/4/2007, 11:59 PM
Fill me in. Last time I was in school we had Tornado drills. Not Crazy Christian drills.

Educate yourself. I'm not your school teacher or your momma. Read the lit, check the FBI sources that are available...do some research.

Hell, I don't expect you to take my word for it. And if you still disagree, good on you. At least you'll be able to give an informed, well reasoned response as to why.

Blue
4/5/2007, 12:03 AM
Educate yourself. I'm not your school teacher or your momma. Read the lit, check the FBI sources that are available...do some research.

Hell, I don't expect you to take my word for it. And if you still disagree, good on you. At least you'll be able to give an informed, well reasoned response as to why.

Again, you're full of ****.

I disagree because Christians aren't threatening NATIONAL ****ING SECURITY smartass.

soonerscuba
4/5/2007, 12:11 AM
I think the drill was stupid. Not because the Christian part, I just think the world would be a better place with less people from Jersey.

Ash
4/5/2007, 12:21 AM
Again, you're full of ****.

I disagree because Christians aren't threatening NATIONAL ****ING SECURITY smartass.

:rolleyes:

Here, I'll help:

http://www.fbi.gov/publications.htm

Start with this. There's plenty in there for everyone...white supremacists, whacko Christian cults, white seperatists who quote the Bible, environmentalists, jihadists....

Blue
4/5/2007, 12:29 AM
:rolleyes:

Here, I'll help:

http://www.fbi.gov/publications.htm

Start with this. There's plenty in there for everyone...white supremacists, whacko Christian cults, white seperatists who quote the Bible, environmentalists, jihadists....

So I found "Christian Terrorism" right under "Parental Internet Controls."

Ash
4/5/2007, 12:30 AM
So I found "Christian Terrorism" right under "Parental Internet Controls."

Go ahead and read a little before commenting.

Blue
4/5/2007, 12:35 AM
Go ahead and read a little before commenting.

The fact that there are "Whacko Cristian Fundamentalists" out there doesn't change the fact we shouldn't be instilling a fear of them or ordinary peace loving Christians in our kids by having Crazy Christian Drills.

We all know there out there. But Johnny Schoolboy has a better chance of catching on fire in chemestry class by a bunson burner than getting killed by a fundamentalist Christian.

Stick to the Tornado drills. That's my point.

Frozen Sooner
4/5/2007, 12:37 AM
Knock it off, folks. There is WAY too much panty-wad-getting-into tonight.